Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards (6289 Views)

Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards / 5 Things You Never Knew About Miss Anambra 2015 Whose Sex Video Went Viral / Sade Adu Won Grammy Awards Four Times(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Go to the movies too,Igbos that understand yoruba can't do without watching yoruba movies. Yoruba movie actors are the most talented in Nigeria they don't act movies by speaking like they already crammed what they want to say like Igbo actors,yoruba actors are very realistic,their movies is just like it's happening in real life,that you would forget it's movie
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
oboy3:
you forgot d’banj nd his brother sang a full song in igbo,,and mumu,tubaba is not igbo
someone is bearing Idibia and you said he's not Igbo,you think we don't see Dibia in films that do juju for people? Also,if he's not Igbo,then what is he? Even if he's middle belt or whatever,people from there are classified as Igbos
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by kestolove95(m): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
Cosbyrich:
When I was taunting my Igbo friend, he brought out very long list,na story full am.It did not have any world beaters and I was like rolling on the floor laughing.But they tried sha.
I told my friend that all their entertainment list,Fela kicks them off the roof...
why u call fela for dem?..fela na igbos mate ne...na seun kuti u for use not even femi kuti cox his not dia mates
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by youngice(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Igbos just like to shout that they're good in business,but most of their businesses requires lots of struggle and buying and selling,still,Yorubas are the most successful in business,the likes of Adenuga(Nigerian 2nd richest man),Otedola,Okoya,MKO Abiola(former Richest man in Nigeria)
Yoruba women are not left out too they're independent and don't rely on their husbands,the likes of Folorunsho Alakija(world richest blackwoman),the likes of Bola Shagaya etc
sir Louis odemegwu founder of SEC richest man i nigeria for more than 20 years till awolowo came with his 10 pounds policy
chinua achebe most widely read Nigerian
guy history and hate are your problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by safarigirl(f): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lalasticlala, please come and close this mumu thread as it has lost the sense in it. Dunno why the mods just sit back and allow nonentities yarn dust on this site. If I were a mod, such foolishness wouldn't thrive under my watch

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Rotimi47: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
brainycute:
1. Chamillionaire:
Also known as Hakeem Seriki, is an American rapper and entrepreneur from Houston, Texas. He is the CEO of Chamillitary Entertainment. Chamillionaire was also the founder and an original member of The Color Changin’ Click until the group split in 2005. He began his career independently with local releases in 2002, including collaboration album Get Ya Mind Correct
with fellow Houston rapper and childhood friend Paul Wall.

He signed to Universal Records in 2005 and released The Sound of Revenge under Universal. It included hit singles “Turn It Up” featuring Lil’ Flip and the number-one, Grammy-winning hit “Ridin’” featuring Krayzie Bone of Bone Thugs-n-
Harmony.

2. Sikiru Adepoju – 1991 (Planet Drum) and 2009 (Global Drum Project):
Sikiru Adepoju (pronounced Seek-ee-roo Ah-deh-po-joo) is a master of the talking drum and many other Yoruba percussion instruments. Born in Eruwa, Nigeria, Sikiru hails from the traditional lineage of Yoruba talking drummers culturally referred to as Ayan which means “one who has
descended from drummers lineage,” and began playing under the tutelage of his father Chief Ayanleke Adepoju at the age of six. Along with his brothers Saminu and Lasisi, Sikiru accompanied the family’s talking drum ensemble for several years.

After moving to the San Fransico Bay Area in 1985, Sikiru joined the influential and pioneering Nigerian percussionist Babatunde Olantunji and his Drums of Passion. This marked a lengthy period of high productivity from Sikiru which saw
him recording and performing throughout the world until a year before Olantunji’s death in 2003. During this period he was introduced to Grateful Dead drummer, Mickey Hart, who has called Sikiru “The Mozart of the talking drum,” and employed him on many of his personal projects including the Grammy award winning albumsPlanet Drum (1991) and Global Drum Project (2008). He is currently performing with the Mickey Hart Band in support of their album "Mysterium Tremendum" which features Sikiru’s vocals on the track “Who Stole The Show.”

3. Sade Adu:
Musician, singer. Born Helen Folasade Adu on January 16, 1959 in Ibadan, Nigeria. Raised in London by her English mother, Sade developed several interests as a teen, including singing, fashion design and modeling. She sang with a few local bands before signing with Epic Records and
recording her first album, Diamond Life, in 1984. A huge hit in her native England, the album also had mass appeal across the pond thanks to such singles as “Smooth Operator.” In 1986, she won a Grammy Award for Best New Artist.

Sade’s subsequent multi-platinum albums, Promise, Stronger Than Pride andLove Deluxe, established her as a top-selling soul and pop artist. She took
a new route with her 2000 album, Lovers Rock, which was released eight years after Love Deluxe and incorporated a more mainstream sound. The record, and particularly the chart-topping single, “By Your Side,” helped her win over new audiences. Two years later, the album and ensuing tour inspired her first live recording, Lovers Live. Sade returned to the studio and released her sixth album In February 2010, Soldier of Love.

Click below for full list:

www.divineloveudorji..nl/2015/08/5-nigerians-you-never-knew-won-grammy.html?m=1
Hakeem my cousin.
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Igbos just like to shout that they're good in business,but most of their businesses requires lots of struggle and buying and selling,still,Yorubas are the most successful in business,the likes of Adenuga(Nigerian 2nd richest man),Otedola,Okoya,MKO Abiola(former Richest man in Nigeria)
Yoruba women are not left out too they're independent and don't rely on their husbands,the likes of Folorunsho Alakija(world richest blackwoman),the likes of Bola Shagaya etc
If I must tell you the truth,the civil war had given the Ibos the chance to go into trading which had paid off with each person going back to the east to bring his kith and kin until they saw that there are yummies in buying and selling.Let me tell you that they have a formidable traviste class and still growing especially in Lagos.Because they have seen the joy of making it in Lagos(they have made it in Lagos than anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Rotimi47: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
ellahzy:
incomplete list undecided

where is SKIIBII grin
You're wicked !cheesy
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
youngice:

sir Louis odemegwu founder of SEC richest man i nigeria for more than 20 years till awolowo came with his 10 pounds policy
No,Da Rocha is the 1st millionaire in Nigeria.
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
The sole essence of this thread is solely to share knowledge and is not to used to as a tool for tribalism or any form of racial abuse. Please and please we shouldn't derail from the essence of the thread.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
kestolove95:
why u call fela for dem?..fela na igbos mate ne...na seun kuti u for use not even femi kuti cox his not dia mates
please lets desist from any form of derogatory statements...... Attacking anybody's tribe isn't the essence of thread
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
Cosbyrich:
If I must tell you the truth,the civil war had given the Ibos the chance to go into trading which had paid off with each person going back to the east to bring his kith and kin(you would not believe that I have seen,a couple of times,blind Ibos holding themselves in fours or fives,begging at Orile in Lagos)until they saw that there are yummies in buying and selling.Let me tell you that they have a formidable middle class and still growing especially in Lagos.Because they have seen the joy of making it in Lagos(they have made it in Lagos than anywhere in the world.
They are just like the Kwarans when they came to Lagos,went into biz and in Lagos now,they own most lands followed now by the Ibos but the way I see things,and the way Ibos are bringing their families to Lagos and doing this blessed trading thing...it is just a matter of time because they have tripled the Kwarans and even trying to take some of their business.
Number is power,man.There is one of these Kwarans called Oladimeji,he has more than 100 houses.If you go to Coker,after the Ibos,they are second in the acquisition of lands.Now what is my point?
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
youngice:

I don't even know the Odemegwu,maybe Ojukwu's father but he existed in the past,he's dead and gone long time ago probably before our parents were born,we're talking about Nigeria of now
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
youngice:

I don't even know the Odemegwu,maybe Ojukwu's father but he existed in the past,he's dead and gone long time ago probably before our parents were born,we're talking about Nigeria of now. Even Da Rocha who's the first millionaire in Nigeria is yoruba
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by philGeo(m): 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
iamrealdeji:
honestly,even they can't do without listening to our musicians,the likes of Fela,Wizkid,Olamide etc. Their own musicians are trying to Act like yorubas and speak yoruba in their songs for their music to be sell,the likes of Rugged man,P square,Tubaba,Don Jazzy etc ,they've all turned themselves to yorubas,and yet some fools are shouting biafra when their own are disowning their tribe and trying to be yorubas
Tubaba is an Idoma man from Benue state.
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by AzontoGhost(m): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
iamrealdeji:
D'banj just sang that for Igbos cos he feels he's been singing too much in Yoruba and I can bet it with you that he can't speak Igbo,every musician does that,even Barrister also sang in Hausa.
But all these Don Jazzys,P square,Ruggedman etc can speak yoruba even better than some yorubas.
I don't know any yoruba that can speak Igbo,but almost all Igbos I know can speak yoruba. Its because Igbos see yorubas as very important people,but yorubas just see them as one of those tribes in Nigeria. Yorubas are like America,Igbos are like Ghana,every Ghanian wants to go to America and want to be Americans but Americans don't even care about Ghana and don't even want to know anything about Ghana
how old are you
smh

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by safarigirl(f): 1:16am On Aug 24, 2015
AzontoGhost:

how old are you
smh
ignore the phucktard. He recently had a brain surgery and the surgeon put a donkey's brain in his head. Sh-t happens grin
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by ManTiger(m): 2:13am On Aug 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Their only Wole Soyinka wannabe,Philip Emeagwali went outside Nigeria to disgrace them,after many hypes,he got busted that he's totally fake. He took his aba-made talent to America
grin grin grin Father of Internet
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by cyprus000: 3:06am On Aug 24, 2015
kestolove95:
While the yorubas are busy giving nigeria a good image the rebel igbos ar busy engaging in drug trafficking and givn us bad names
[size=13pt]
Well,I don't blame you for opening the cum-guzzler of a mouth to spew hogwash.

I blame the animal control unit in this country,for allowing a pig lyk you walk free and even have access to cyber space.

[/size]
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by cyprus000: 3:11am On Aug 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Go to the movies too,Igbos that understand yoruba can't do without watching yoruba movies. Yoruba movie actors are the most talented in Nigeria they don't act movies by speaking like they already crammed what they want to say like Igbo actors,yoruba actors are very realistic,their movies is just like it's happening in real life,that you would forget it's movie
[size=13pt]
Hey call your mummy to change your diapers.

To be sincere,calling you a kidult is an insult to kids,I think you are a chimp.
[/size]
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by hensben(m): 3:37am On Aug 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
igbos know how to flood what will generate money but most of the things they do or engage in are sub-standard and illegal.
In tuface's voice ' all them know na just to make a naira'.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by oboy3(m): 5:01am On Aug 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
someone is bearing Idibia and you said he's not Igbo,you think we don't see Dibia in films that do juju for people? Also,if he's not Igbo,then what is he? Even if he's middle belt or whatever,people from there are classified as Igbos
somebody once said yorubas are in geography and i think i believe him now,but as for your own case,you are just pathetic

tufia
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by AzontoGhost(m): 6:49am On Aug 24, 2015
safarigirl:
ignore the phucktard. He recently had a brain surgery and the surgeon put a donkey's brain in his head. Sh-t happens grin
lol
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by AlPeter: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
D'banj just sang that for Igbos cos he feels he's been singing too much in Yoruba and I can bet it with you that he can't speak Igbo,every musician does that,even Barrister also sang in Hausa.
But all these Don Jazzys,P square,Ruggedman etc can speak yoruba even better than some yorubas.
I don't know any yoruba that can speak Igbo,but almost all Igbos I know can speak yoruba. Its because Igbos see yorubas as very important people,but yorubas just see them as one of those tribes in Nigeria. Yorubas are like America,Igbos are like Ghana,every Ghanian wants to go to America and want to be Americans but Americans don't even care about Ghana and don't even want to know anything about Ghana
. You are wrong some Yorubas speaks better Ibo than Ibos.
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Hamature(m): 7:45am On Aug 24, 2015
Where is 9ice?
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 8:23am On Aug 24, 2015
Cosbyrich:
Do you know that Nigeria has the youngest PHD holders in Africa?3 of them to be precise... that is a wow!!!
Those 3 achievers as usual are from the South West-congratulations to all Nigerians.They did it for us...Kudos.
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by oduz: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2015
The TRIBAL rants are quite unneccessary ....... just my opinion

Omo Odua, let's show some maturity, be credited for glueing Nigeria together not tearing it apart ........ cool

Leave the past to history, & face the future with vigour

There is still a Nigerian acapella singer not mentioned anyway ......

Naija for life ......
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by hensben(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
you're wrong tuface is from benue state(middle belt).
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by hensben(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2015
iamrealdeji:
you're very correct.
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2015
ManTiger:

grin grin grin Father of Internet
grin grin grin when he's not even Brother of internet

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 9:41am On Aug 24, 2015
oduz:

Omo Odua, let's show some maturity, be credited for glueing Nigeria together not tearing it apart ........ cool

Naija for life ......
You mean this... https://www.nairaland.com/2140386/kelvin-olusola-grammy-award-first/4 ..

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2015
oduz:

Naija for life ......
Yeah he is on the list. This isn't the complete list, there are some others too. Click on the link then you can view all

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What This Beautiful Sexy Ladies Claiming The Are Student Shared On Facebook / Photos Of Man Having Sex With A Sex Doll Has Gone Viral / Is This Lady A Corper Or Slay Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.