Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (97636 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
chccho:
pls how much does a container of mecron v cost?
and where in abj can i get to buy?
Also is it safe to wash the filter in the gear pan underneath?

You can get mercon-v at Briscoe, Coscharis and other American spec spare parts dealers in Abuja. Prices varies according to their organizational ethics.
It's advisable to replace the transmission filter rather than washing.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:10am On Feb 15, 2016
Ford, Lincoln And Mercury wheels /suspension don't pull off on the road unlike other cars, because their wheel hub is made of materials strength which has side shoulders that protect the inner bearings from giving way.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by prosperup(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
I have a Ford focus 2012 SEL. Please who knows where i can get the rubber in between the right fender and the side mirror. I also need the wipe wash container and Fog lamps. I live in Abuja.
P.S. I have tried coscharis and they said they had to place and order and its mighty expensive.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
prosperup:
I have a Ford focus 2012 SEL. Please who knows where i can get the rubber in between the right fender and the side mirror. I also need the wipe wash container and Fog lamps. I live in Abuja.
P.S. I have tried coscharis and they said they had to place and order and its mighty expensive.

Yes, that's the truth, you have to go along with Coscharis, no alternative aside from you ordering it by yourself based on the price issue you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:01am On Feb 22, 2016
pato405:
Motorcraft all the way

Motorcraft fluid and spare parts are best for Ford, Lincoln And Mercury. No compromise in order to avoid future problems.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by uchman86: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
Please femtopford...what kind of motorcraft oil would I use in toppin my front and back axle for ford explorer 2002

Please also can I use the car without engine coolant and use only water as I wasted most of it when I changed the thermostat housing?

Thanks
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
uchman86:
Please femtopford...what kind of motorcraft oil would I use in toppin my front and back axle for ford explorer 2002

Please also can I use the car without engine coolant and use only water as I wasted most of it when I changed the thermostat housing?

Thanks

FIRST CONCERN : if the front and back/rear axles(final drive) of Explorer 02 have begun to judder, hopping, or having humming sound. No remedy than repair or replacement before fluid induction.
If not, then you need EP(extreme pressure) manual transmission fluid, API classified of Motorcraft or Mobil.

Ordinary water for your radiator is preferable to sub-standard coolant which will later on coagulate and choke the radiator cells.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by uchman86: 4:01am On Feb 26, 2016
Femtopford:

FIRST CONCERN : if the front and back/rear axles(final drive) of Explorer 02 have begun to judder, hopping, or having humming sound. No remedy than repair or replacement before fluid induction.
If not, then you need EP(extreme pressure) manual transmission fluid, API classified of Motorcraft or Mobil.

Ordinary water for your radiator is preferable to sub-standard coolant which will later on coagulate and choke the radiator cells.

thanks so much for your reply...motorcraft premium gold engine coolant is recommended for Explorer 02?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:20am On Feb 26, 2016
uchman86:
thanks so much for your reply...motorcraft premium gold engine coolant is recommended for Explorer 02?

It's my honor !
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2016
pato405:
Nigerians don't read their manuals. It's CLEARLY written on the manual. That's what I've been using and I'm enjoying it. Will upload pix later. However, I'm in search of Motorcraft engine oil 5w 20. Not in dire search however, because I have one that I'm already addicted to, but just wanna try out some others.

Motorcraft 5w20 is available at sole distributors across the country and it's the best option for you Ford
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 1:44pm On Mar 04, 2016
dumo1:
Femtopford please how good is the Ford E 350 series (passenger version) for the transportation business in Nigeria?

Very suitable in all jurisdiction and excellent
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by visitor30(m): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2016
Femtopford:

Motorcraft 5w20 is available at sole distributors across the country and it's the best option for you Ford

Please any idea house, where I can get the Motorcraft engine oil 5w 20 for my Ford Edge 2007 model in Port Harcourt. Vehicle came in November last year and I need to service it asap. Though it was serviced in Lagos before delivery to PH, But I need to do another one since its due, going by the monthly count.
Thanks in advance
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by visitor30(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2016
Femtopford:
Use of brake pads other than Motorcraft recommended or other imitation will get the Brake discs burnt and damage.

Morning Boss,
Please I will need your additional advice aside the Motorcraft engine oil 5w 20 I asked earlier. In the morning when am about to drive out their is the whistling sound I hear on the breaks (Right front & Back). Then the Right back, when you break down while in motion, you hear a louder noise like a humming sound. all this happens for just few minutes after it clears of. But when you are about to drive off again, after having the vehicle parked for hours, you hear the whistling sound again, but clears off.

What could be the issue and what solution do you proffer.
@House, for those of us base in PH, do you guys have any good Ford mechanic I can contact. My Toyota mechanic friend is not a fan of Ford.
Cheers!
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:28am On Mar 12, 2016
visitor30:

Please any idea house, where I can get the Motorcraft engine oil 5w 20 for my Ford Edge 2007 model in Port Harcourt. Vehicle came in November last year and I need to service it asap. Though it was serviced in Lagos before delivery to PH, But I need to do another one since its due, going by the monthly count.
Thanks in advance

Get to Brisco motors, Coscharis motors and other American spec spare parts dealers in ph
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
visitor30:

Morning Boss,
Please I will need your additional advice aside the Motorcraft engine oil 5w 20 I asked earlier. In the morning when am about to drive out their is the whistling sound I hear on the breaks (Right front & Back). Then the Right back, when you break down while in motion, you hear a louder noise like a humming sound. all this happens for just few minutes after it clears of. But when you are about to drive off again, after having the vehicle parked for hours, you hear the whistling sound again, but clears off.

@House, for those of us base in PH, do you guys have any good Ford mechanic I can contact. My Toyota mechanic friend is not a fan of Ford.
Cheers!

Sub-standard brake pads were used on your Ford edge. You need to replace with the original.

Ideal brake pad should enhance the qualitative asbestos materials in relative to material brake disc and must be permissible to any kind of physical and geographical features as designed by the manufacturer.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by oyesmiling: 8:44am On Mar 14, 2016
Good morning house. Please I need your advice on my Ford galaxy 1999 model automatic transmission. The gear doesn't select anymore. It seems it was fixed at gear 3. What is the best thing to do?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:25am On Mar 14, 2016
oyesmiling:
Good morning house.
Please I need your advice on my Ford galaxy 1999 model automatic transmission.
The gear doesn't select anymore. It seems it was fixed at gear 3.
What is the best thing to do?

Scan the transmission and send the fault codes here to verify either Mechanical or electrical problem.

If any repair had been done previously, analyze the history.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by MrHenri: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
visitor30:

Morning Boss,

Cheers!

Hello friend. Please I would like to know the reliability of your ford edge. I am planing to buy 2007/2008 model but I am contemplating about the reliability and running cost. Thanks and God bless
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:31am On Mar 15, 2016
MrHenri:

Hello friend. Please I would like to know the reliability of your ford edge. I am planing to buy 2007/2008 model but I am contemplating about the reliability and running cost. Thanks and God bless

No need for procrastination, go ahead and get your Ford edge. It's a very good choice.

Visitor30 should be able to tell you that, there is no any headache aside the sub-standard brake pads that was used on his edge
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sultaan(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
visitor30:

Morning Boss,

Cheers!

He is no longer your friend you don comot chop from him any mechanic should have ideas about other cars it could be the brake indicator letting you know the pads are thin.

Motorcraft 5w20 are good for 7500 miles or 12000 kilometers. Your car is set for that interval as normal use when the interval is close car will let you know. If you have only done 2000 miles on the last 3 months don't be on a hurry check the oil life left on the car.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by visitor30(m): 8:54am On Mar 16, 2016
Thanks for the advice and info provided.

We just acquired the Ford Edge just few months back, direct import from the US and have not done any repair work on the vehicle. Except the servicing (oil/oil filter change) that was done in Lagos after it was cleared, before delivery to PH.
I will inquire strongly from the guy that cleared it for us, if he did any repair work on the break pad or if it was changed.

Will keep you posted. However, do you know of any good Ford mechanic in PH? Thanks!

Femtopford:

Sub-standard brake pads were used on your Ford edge. You need to replace with the original.

Ideal brake pad should enhance the qualitative asbestos materials in relative to material brake disc and must be permissible to any kind of physical and geographical features as designed by the manufacturer.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:00am On Mar 16, 2016
sultaan:

He is no longer your friend you don comot chop from him any mechanic should have ideas about other cars it could be the brake indicator letting you know the pads are thin.

Motorcraft 5w20 are good for 7500 miles or 12000 kilometers. Your car is set for that interval as normal use when the interval is close car will let you know. If you have only done 2000 miles on the last 3 months don't be on a hurry check the oil life left on the car.

Hey Sultaan! If not that we have being a good dialogic friends in the house, I would have sent a sledge hammer to hit you on the head.

In quote, " the whistling or humming noise went off after driven for few minutes". Mind you, it wasn't a grinding noise that continues at all times when ever the Brake is applied, so contemplate properly.

More over, the owner of the Ford edge stays in Ph while my workshop is situated in Lagos, I also referred him to Brisco and Coscharis at Ph. I have never told him to bring it to my workshop. A learned technologist should be wise and substantial strategy for his business succession.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by visitor30(m): 10:39am On Mar 16, 2016
Absolutely @MrHenri like Femtopford stated above, We are enjoying the Edge all the way. But my wife enjoys it most, since she uses it regularly. I only use oga at the top power to drive it in the disguise that I want to check up some few stuff, make I too follow enjoy am small. Aside the break issue I talked about, for now every other thing is excellent. I have been driving Toyota Highlander and the Edge is sweet to handle. Fuel economy is good even with a 3.5litre capacity engine size.

So go ahead and buy without fear. What model are you looking at getting. Initially we wanted the 2009-2010 model, but the increase in dollar exchange rate and the delay in searching for the spec (dvd[front & back], navigational system & reverse camera) we wanted, we had to settle for the 2007 model.

Femtopford:

No need for procrastination, go ahead and get your Ford edge. It's a very good choice.

Visitor30 should be able to tell you that, there is no any headache aside the sub-standard brake pads that was used on his edge
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by visitor30(m): 10:59am On Mar 16, 2016
@Sultaan,
No he is still my very good friend. just that he said he won't be able to give me 100% complete technical support with the Edge, same thing I enjoy on my Highlander.
He doesn't want to stress himself that much, since he has no plan in the immediate future to add Ford to his list . But as for the general/minor issues, he promise to offer the much assistance he can using his general car knowledge. Thank God for technology on vehicle scanning devices. So no much cause for alarm. Just wanted a specialized Ford auto technician when I need to do those specifics.

I have not confirmed the oil that was used in Lagos when the vehicle arrived Nigeria. That was why I was looking for the Motorcraft 5w20 oil recommended by Ford. But I just wanted to be sure of what I have running inside my engine, so I can monitor myself.
However, will wait for the car to alert me once its due while I continue to look for the Motorcraft 5w20 oil.

Thanks and Cheers!

sultaan:

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 11:55am On Mar 16, 2016
visitor30:
@Sultaan,
No he is still my very good friend. just that he said he won't be able to give me 100% complete technical support with the Edge, same thing I enjoy on my Highlander.
He doesn't want to stress himself that much, since he has no plan in the immediate future to add Ford to his list . But as for the general/minor issues, he promise to offer the much assistance he can using his general car knowledge. Thank God for technology on vehicle scanning devices. So no much cause for alarm. Just wanted a specialized Ford auto technician when I need to do those specifics.

I have not confirmed the oil that was used in Lagos when the vehicle arrived Nigeria. That was why I was looking for the Motorcraft 5w20 oil recommended by Ford. But I just wanted to be sure of what I have running inside my engine, so I can monitor myself.
However, will wait for the car to alert me once its due while I continue to look for the Motorcraft 5w20 oil.

Thanks and Cheers!

Excellent.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
visitor30:
Absolutely @MrHenri like Femtopford stated above, We are enjoying the Edge all the way. But my wife enjoys it most, since she uses it regularly. I only use oga at the top power to drive it in the disguise that I want to check up some few stuff, make I too follow enjoy am small. Aside the break issue I talked about, for now every other thing is excellent. I have been driving Toyota Highlander and the Edge is sweet to handle. Fuel economy is good even with a 3.5litre capacity engine size.

So go ahead and buy without fear. What model are you looking at getting. Initially we wanted the 2009-2010 model, but the increase in dollar exchange rate and the delay in searching for the spec (dvd[front & back], navigational system & reverse camera) we wanted, we had to settle for the 2007 model.

Positive confirmation
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by haywhy2323: 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hello femtop I hv a low budget and tinkin of getting a ford escape 2005. Pls hw can u help
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
haywhy2323:
Hello femtop I hv a low budget and tinkin of getting a ford escape 2005. Pls hw can u help

Discuss with Mr Monday, he is a trusted dealer. 07058832811.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
dumo1:
Femtopford please how good is the Ford E 350 series (passenger version) for the transportation business in Nigeria?

E350 is very rugged, best option for Nigerian roads and the parts are highly durable.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by visitor30(m): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2016
Femtopford:

Hey Sultaan! If not that we have being a good dialogic friends in the house, I would have sent a sledge hammer to hit you on the head.

In quote, " the whistling or humming noise went off after driven for few minutes". Mind you, it wasn't a grinding noise that continues at all times when ever the Brake is applied, so contemplate properly.

More over, the owner of the Ford edge stays in Ph while my workshop is situated in Lagos, I also referred him to Brisco and Coscharis at Ph. I have never told him to bring it to my workshop. A learned technologist should be wise and substantial strategy for his business succession.

Hello Sultaan & Femtopford,
Please I have less than 165miles to go for my engine oil change and I will be needing the motorcraft 5w 20 engine oil and motorcraft fl 500S oil filter for servicing my ford edge. Will check out Brisco & Coscharis by weekend.
However, if any of you guys have, I won't mind we arrange on how to help deliver to ph since Lagos will most likely be cheaper than those big companies mentioned above.
Thanks!
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by dljbd1(m): 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
@ Femtopford

Hi, I wish to know if this Mazda Tribute 2002-2010 and Ford Escape 2002-2010 are 4WD? smiley

I'm really eyeing either of these two.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sealcleaner: 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
Good day Mr Femi. I came across a Ford F-150 truck 2002 model, Nigerian used that i really don't mind buying. My current car is a 2000 Toyota 4runner which i have enjoyed. I wanted to buy a 2005 4runner. but i got the ford at slightly cheaper price. please how are the ford parts availability. can most mechanics understand ford? how reliable is it.. sorry for too much questions. really appreciate your perspective on issues.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.