Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (97644 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by olaremint(m): 4:02am On Aug 13, 2017
Dear Fem
I just bought a tokunbo Ford Focus 2004 model. It has transmission issues. When accelerating the car jerks while trying to select from gear 2 and burst to gear 4. The gear indicator shows on the dashboard and and then it starts to work fine. This is a pix of the car.

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by olaremint(m): 4:03am On Aug 13, 2017
Dear Fem
I just bought a tokunbo Ford Focus 2004 model. It has transmission issues. When accelerating the car jerks while trying to select from gear 2 and burst to gear 4. The gear indicator shows on the dashboard and and then it starts to work fine. A mechanic took it for scan and said the readings came out with gear selector switch. A rewire there also checked it and sais the fibre in the gear has to be replaced. This is a pix of the car.

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 11:36am On Aug 13, 2017
olaremint:
Dear Fem
I just bought a tokunbo Ford Focus 2004 model. It has transmission issues. When accelerating the car jerks while trying to select from gear 2 and burst to gear 4. The gear indicator shows on the dashboard and and then it starts to work fine. A mechanic took it for scan and said the readings came out with gear selector switch. A rewire there also checked it and sais the fibre in the gear has to be replaced. This is a pix of the car.

Yes, you've taken a good step and those two technicians analysis can't be disregarded, but for saver precaution send the code to me in assistance to boost their repair
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by torres89: 6:39am On Aug 14, 2017
Femtopford:

Yes, you've taken a good step and those two technicians analysis can't be disregarded, but for saver precaution send the code to me in assistance to boost their repair

greetings

where is your office located ?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:49am On Aug 14, 2017
[quote author=torres89 post=59452821]

greetings

where is your office located ?[/quote

Greetings equally.
OFFICE LOCATION : Nigeria airforce vehicle engineering squadron, onipetesi bus stop, agege motor road, Ikeja Lagos.
LANDMARK : opposite Eldorado factory, before Total filling station. mongoro, Agege motor road

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2017
Ford vehicles electronics are not problematic, only requires a composed approach

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:42am On Aug 22, 2017
Ford escape 2012/2013 are the best choice for all road users. Highly fuel economical, volumetric efficiency is optimum and stability to standard.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:44am On Aug 24, 2017
Combine down stream oxygen sensor of Explorer helps in regulating and balancing of left and right side banks combustion system.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by dejsmiles(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2017
Don't get stranded!
Get this amazing mini car compressor that can pump your flat tyre within 5mins.

Features:

It can be powered by 12V car cigarette lighter.

It's has a meter that helps you to guage the tyre.

With just a press on the switch it will pump
automatically.

Very portable and durable.

Get this for only N8000. Call 08053405319
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:14am On Aug 29, 2017
Most of the car owners complain about engine oil drying faster in their vehicles. It must be interrogated at first hand! Have they obeyed principles and specifications, like Ford Motorcraft 5w20 must be used, but in Nigeria we go otherwise to use other engine oil and fall into predicament

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sultaan(m): 7:23am On Aug 30, 2017
olaremint:
Dear Fem

Manual or automatic transmission?

Up don't believe they are both completely right you have to know what the previous owner did. Otherwise you start from transmission service using the right fluid(mercon)? Not Oando atf2and the level is fine otherwise you
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:26am On Sep 02, 2017
Vehicles' scanning is very important, but do car owners believe their vehicles solution wholly depend on scanning only. Most Mechanics but learned and unlearned have scanners but still fail woefully in putting customers vehicles to optimum we shall find out the reason for their failure in later analysis of Femtopford.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:15am On Sep 12, 2017
Do you know scanner can give you p0345 (camshaft position sensor malfunction) and you go through the necessary diagnostic flow chart then replace and repair as directed but the problem persist. That simply means the vehicle needs the particular professional for that make.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:32am On Sep 20, 2017
It's advisable and better to service injector nozzles, rather than adding fuel treatment, injector cleaner and other additives which can cause greater damage to the engine
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=flootintin post=60968881]Please urgent, how do I approach to these issues. Vehicle model is Ford Windstar 2000. Issues are (1) At acceleration of 3000 RPM or above, smooth transmission change from 1 - 2. In traffic with 1500 - 2000 RPM, a slight jerk is experienced shifting from 1 - 2. (2) Fuel economy drastically reduced from 18mpg recommended to about 8mpg based on my calculation. What do I deal with to avoid kazeemization of engine. Please enlighten.[/quote

Scan the vehicle and send the codes to me.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:28am On Nov 15, 2017
Transmission transaxle /automatic gearbox shouldn't give any problem once you use the right and recommended fluid
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by uptimidst(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=Femtopford post=61057092][/quote]
Hello, I was wondering if you were able to fix your car
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kashif(m): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
olaremint:
Dear Fem

How can a 'rewire' determine that a transmission's 'fibre' needs to be replaced without opening the transmission?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kashif(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2017
Femtopford:
Transmission transaxle /automatic gearbox shouldn't give any problem once you use the right and recommended fluid

I disagree sir. Transmissions still wear out even with recommended service routine.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by uptimidst(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
Femtopford:
You need not add any fuel treatment or additives to your fuel, it will react with the hydrocarbon structure of the fuel and cause precipitate in the fuel tank, which will congill and lead to fuel pump seizure, choke the fuel filter and injection nozzles.

GOod one, i have a friend that’s addicted to using these treatments. Which makes me wonder if it’s even necessary to use.

Mr Femtopford, my name is Dayo. Can we chat on WhatsApp? Or any other platform.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by uptimidst(m): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
Kashif:

I disagree sir. Transmissions still wear out even with recommended service routine.

Yeah, I guess he meant premature problem. Because apart from following the service routine, your driving habit also determines the life of your trans.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:09am On Nov 27, 2017
uptimidst:
Hello, I was wondering if you were able to fix your car
How do you mean?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2017
Kashif:

How can a 'rewire' determine that a transmission's 'fibre' needs to be replaced without opening the transmission?

It's absolute to determine defective components in the transmission without opening it, but not a rewire. A competent automobile technologist should be able to say positively area to work in the transmission.
(1) FLUID PRESSURE/TORQUE(pump, converter and solenoids assy) .
(2)TAKE OFF AND SPEED/TORQUE SECTION(solenoids assy and valves body).
(3)THE DRIVERS/INPUT SPEEED(pressure pots/plates and turbine sensor ).
(4)THE DRIVEN/OUTPUT SPEED(driven pots, plates, fibre and output sensor).
All these on basic technological procedures bellow.
Condition and performance surrounding the transmission along with comprehensive diagnosis
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:10am On Nov 29, 2017
Kashif:

Am not referring to wear and tear but unnecessary anomalies caused by external influence. There's not a single physical nature that doesn't wear out with time.

Human being wear out, even houses and buildings that are classified to be greatly appreciated still wear and depreciate, you get to repair one or two things on the building as time passes by (renovation).

Needs not a long dispute, to really comprehend my analysis, get one of your Ford vehicles from 2008 upward and services with either seahorse or Holt transmission fluid irrespective of their dextron level. the transmission won't perform up 30 minutes before it breaks down compare to 5-10years excellent performance with loyal service specifications.

Why so. Different fluids are produced with different organic compounds. When temperature increases as engine works, increase in temperature breaks down the fluid's organic chain faster than necessary there by loses it's viscosity power and the specified viscosity index meant for the transmission is disobeyed.

So when the solenoids in the Transmission activate by the command of the TCM(brain box), to allow flow of fluid, there will be stuck or late opening of valves due to unspecified viscosity leading to ache engagement or late speed selection.

More over, continuation of using the transmission in such condition will cause the fluid to fry up the the solenoids and burn the electromagnetic inductors of the solenoids, so there won't be selection anymore and slippery of frictional clutches, the transmission will finally condemn.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2017
uptimidst:

GOod one, i have a friend that’s addicted to using these treatments. Which makes me wonder if it’s even necessary to use.

Mr Femtopford, my name is Dayo. Can we chat on WhatsApp? Or any other platform.

Yes, you are highly welcome on all media.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2017
uptimidst:

Yeah, I guess he meant premature problem. Because apart from following the service routine, your driving habit also determines the life of your trans.

Rightly said, driving habits reduce the life span of transmission. Heavy/sudden acceleration from rest along with overloading, there will be little slip during synchronization between drivers(effort) and driven(load) of the transmission before gripping , there by increases the rate of wear of the frictional components in the Transmission

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kashif(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2017
Femtopford:

Am not referring to wear and tear but unnecessary anomalies caused by external influence. There's not a single physical nature that doesn't wear out with time.

Human being wear out, even houses and buildings that are classified to be greatly appreciated still wear and depreciate, you get to repair one or two things on the building as time passes by (renovation).

Needs not a long dispute, to really comprehend my analysis, get one of your Ford vehicles from 2008 upward and services with either seahorse or Holt transmission fluid irrespective of their dextron level. the transmission won't perform up 30 minutes before it breaks down compare to 5-10years excellent performance with loyal service specifications.

Why so. Different fluids are produced with different organic compounds. When temperature increases as engine works, increase in temperature breaks down the fluid's organic chain faster than necessary there by loses it's viscosity power and the specified viscosity index meant for the transmission is disobeyed.

So when the solenoids in the Transmission activate by the command of the TCM(brain box), to allow flow of fluid, there will be stuck or late opening of valves due to unspecified viscosity leading to ache engagement or late speed selection.

More over, continuation of using the transmission in such condition will cause the fluid to fry up the the solenoids and burn the electromagnetic inductors of the solenoids, so there won't be selection anymore and slippery of frictional clutches, the transmission will finally condemn.

Oxidised oil as you put it will not affect solenoids. Only dirts and contamination do. Yes, PWM solenoids are more susceptible than on/off ones. Oxidation will affect holding members and maybe, seals.

Oxidised oil will not cause overheating - it is the other way round. If you take away the cause of overheating, oxidation stops.

I agree with you that regular service will prolong the life of a transmission, but will not give it eternal life. Some transmissions are known to fail under 50,000 miles from factory. In modifying those, oil paths/pressures are increased, decreased or rerouted as the case may be.

I made my input because you said auto transmissions will not give any problems if serviced regularly.

Shalom.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kashif(m): 9:40am On Dec 01, 2017
Femtopford:

It's absolute to determine defective components in the transmission without opening it, but not a rewire. A competent automobile technologist should be able to say positively area to work in the transmission.
(1) FLUID PRESSURE/TORQUE(pump, converter and solenoids assy) .
(2)TAKE OFF AND SPEED/TORQUE SECTION(solenoids assy and valves body).
(3)THE DRIVERS/INPUT SPEEED(pressure pots/plates and turbine sensor ).
(4)THE DRIVEN/OUTPUT SPEED(driven pots, plates, fibre and output sensor).
All these on basic technological procedures bellow.
Condition and performance surrounding the transmission along with comprehensive diagnosis

How would you know a clutch/brake/band is to be replaced without seeing it? If a holding member is slipping, do you think replacing it would solve the problem? No! You need to address the root cause.

From diagnosis, you can determine slippage, but you cannot call for a clutch replacement without seeing it. Have you not seen where ECU reflash cured slips and shift feel?

Yes, you can say a VB is bad, TC is bad, pump, etc, without dropping gear, but not clutches. I am telling you from training and experience.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2017
Kashif:

Oxidised oil as you put it will not affect solenoids. Only dirts and contamination do. Yes, PWM solenoids are more susceptible than on/off ones. Oxidation will affect holding members and maybe, seals.

Oxidised oil will not cause overheating - it is the other way round. If you take away the cause of overheating, oxidation stops.

I agree with you that regular service will prolong the life of a transmission, but will not give it eternal life. Some transmissions are known to fail under 50,000 miles from factory. In modifying those, oil paths/pressures are increased, decreased or rerouted as the case may be.

I made my input because you said auto transmissions will not give any problems if serviced regularly
Shalom.

Yes, PWM solenoids of CVT are liable than DC solenoids because they are transistor control solenoids and commonly NPN type, so they're greatly susceptible.

Dextron are highly oxidized than mercon and do affect the DC solenoids particularly in Ford, satisfied that transmission internal and external temperature are efficient.

For instance, Ford vehicles from 08 up, immediately you put these oil and drive as temp increases, it places a transmission code in pcm(pressure control solenoid B) and late in second speed selection comes up. Further diagnostic flow chart according to the vehicle's manufacturer clearly propounded that the solenoid is malfunctioning due to wrong fluid usage.

As you completely drain it and put the right fluid, everything go back to normal without any effect on the holding components and seals as you've claimed.

I comprehend your contention, high and low oxidized fluids are laboratory tested and passed, but do not forget that different fluid's manufacturers are different bodies to various vehicle's manufacturers. Some are compatible to one another and some are not, they all have their legislation under the umbrella of SAE and API

Yes, Ford transmission are not problematic, once you use the right and recommended fluid. Backing it up, the drivability should be enjoyable during span period.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kashif(m): 8:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
Femtopford:

Yes, PWM solenoids of CVT are liable than DC solenoids because they are transistor control solenoids and commonly NPN type, so they're greatly susceptible.

Dextron are highly oxidized than mercon and do affect the DC solenoids particularly in Ford, satisfied that transmission internal and external temperature are efficient.

For instance, Ford vehicles from 08 up, immediately you put these oil and drive as temp increases, it places a transmission code in pcm(pressure control solenoid B) and late in second speed selection comes up. Further diagnostic flow chart according to the vehicle's manufacturer clearly propounded that the solenoid is malfunctioning due to wrong fluid usage.

As you completely drain it and put the right fluid, everything go back to normal without any effect on the holding components and seals as you've claimed.

I comprehend your contention, high and low oxidized fluids are laboratory tested and passed, but do not forget that different fluid's manufacturers are different bodies to various vehicle's manufacturers. Some are compatible to one another and some are not, they all have their legislation under the umbrella of SAE and API

Yes, Ford transmission are not problematic, once you use the right and recommended fluid. Backing it up, the drivability should be enjoyable during span period.

GR guys like you don't understand the practical workings of an auto transmission. If you are not a transmission tech, decades of GR experience will make little difference, because it's a specialty.

There is no point for me to take this debate further - you win!

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2017
Kashif:

GR guys like you don't understand the practical workings of an auto transmission. If you are not a transmission tech, decades of GR experience will make little difference, because it's a specialty.

There is no point for me to take this debate further - you win!

My gratitude your esteem, actually most of us with B. Engineering Mechanical were theory, but we became practical legends on-spot training.

Someone like me, after my service with PEUGEOT ASSEMBLY kaduna in 1994, chain of practical experience followed.
(1) Floor technician, service receptionist, w/shop supervisor and technical adviser of OLUWALOGBON MOTORS Alausa Ikeja 1995-2004.
(2)FRANCE PEUGEOT ASSEMBLY Competition and award November 1999.
(3) Peugeot, Renault and Mitsubishi Quality control officer of CFAO MOTORS Ijora Lagos, 2004-2007.
(4)Toyota and Ford Service Engineer of RT-BRISCOE, 2007-2008.
(5)Ford workshop manager of COSCHARIS MOTORS mile2 Lagos, 2008-2010.
(6)Finally my entrepreneurship.

But all these portfolio take no stand in the field except your prudence amongst the floor technicians, you don't see them as your subordinates but with harmony you will gain a lot from them and coupled with your COREN you will function competently on the field.

Why do I bring these to cognizance, we came across different people, some learned are good and some are zero while some floor, Kazeem or whatever name are very competent and some are vehicle's destroyers.

So, now just deriving pleasure from the job, I have a lot of successors trained to my standard, because I was fortunate to come across someone that also trained me, Eng. Zaccheous Ojedokun(RIP), the Automobile genius of UTC MOTORS of those days.

Though Automobile profile are not elevated in Nigeria, but thank goodness we have someone like you and other learned/competent in the forum.
I extremely appreciate and it's great coming across you, more grace.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.