Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) (33619 Views)

Isaac Obe: Ex-Youth President Murdered In Eleme, Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Thugs Burn House In Onne, Eleme, Rivers State (Photos) / Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 24, 2015
Oyind17:

So true, they hate to be called ogonis

arent they the same
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2015
kaeforum:

arent they the same

They said they are not part of ogini.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Mordyb: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
lonelydora:
Eleme people wants to be included in the UNEP report.

When it comes to money issues, Eleme will start claiming they are part of Ogoni but when it comes to other things, they say they are not part of Ogoni. They should continue to deceive themselves.

I have been here since morning for like 2 hours now.

Op, where u dey? I am at that C41 check point. I am wearing Red polo and jeans. Show your face.

It's called AKPAJO JUNCTION and not AKPAJA.

Edited: traffic moving now but slowly.
every ogoni man knows this that is why they are not taken seriously

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Onlymewakacum(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
dave2meek:
They blocked the road leading to portharcourt refinery
Some of them are carrying placards with inscription like "Buhari should follow due process in the cleanup of Ogoni land", "Buhari should recognize Ogoni self government",Buhari's fast action lacks technical experts recommendations and so on,
Police could not disperse them
Lalasticlala

Human beings and their insatiable nature. I really don't get these people. Buhari offers to help them sanitize their land and they are protesting. When the clueless one who was their brother was in power they never deemed it fit to protest to draw his attention to the sanitization of their land.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by 14DUI(m): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
Look at the Roads they are protesting on, istead of cleaning those bottles and rubbish that have pilled up, they are protesting due process. Ok, i know they are paid tout by the wiked government. When Men live in a dirty environment, its hard to change them. The President should leave them in the Squarlor.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by omolami: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
Why won't them protest when Buhari is playing politics with the people that owns the wealth of Nigeria that he is sitting on Buhari released only 0.1% of what the UN says is required to clean up Ogoni land that was devastated by spilled oil, but released 21% of N100bn required to rebuild NE Nigeria. Who is deceiving who. Where is the justice. Is this not fraudulent and partial? Yet one idiot says Buhari is a better NIGER DELTA than GEJ. Bunch of fools

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by hamilton62(m): 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
harysterol:
Those people no get sense, person wan clean up the mess in that area n u guys r protesting
Yes, the area is messed up but if clean up is to be carried out that means there are things that are premier before the clean up otherwise the clean up is nothing because the area will still be polluted if the companies are not means to follow due process and remember, because of the ill done to these people, the are entitled to settlement for land, air and water pollution.... Lives and agriculture are suffering due to pollution there...
please, the should stop politicking with our well- being.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
MadCow1:

The South-South don't hate Biafra, they just are not interested in being a Part of it.

They have oil, the east has very likkle..

They have Gas, The East has none. undecided undecided undecided

They have been President for 6years and Vice for another 2 as Vice, the East has not been either.

The SS has more to lose than gain from Biafra. undecided undecided ( You get sense at all) In Biafra, they would still be Minorities and would have to deal with the Igbos vs the remaining Minorities. Biafra has nothing to offer the SS..

Stop lumping them into your Biafra.. if Nigeria ever splits, the Divide would birth atleast 5 Nations.

The Largest onshore gas reserve is actually in Egbema in IMO state , there is also gas reserve in Anambra and Abia...do ur research very well...anyway , we are still one Biafra
We cant be minority in Biafra, Those words only exist because Hausa man and Yoruba man is involved, Is there any Majority Tribe in Ghana even as ashanties are more in Number...these are words skewed to favour ppl from the North by the British, Igbos fought hard to be called one,..... the truth is that Hausas are not even more than Ijaws but they added Kanuri and Fulani and everybody there is happy to be called Hausa because of what the will benefit in uni-some... Igbos, Ibibios, Efiks , Ijaws, isokos, uhrobos allow themselves to be divided and as far as that continue Those region will continue to suffer until oil finishes and they will abandon you then face their Agriculture while your Land is polluted and not fit enough to grow crops...brother that is death by hunger...so Biafra region should wake up

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
KunleBoye:
OP, It's Akpajo, Eleme LGA. Not Akpaja. Meanwhile that's not the road to Port-Harcourt refinery, the road that leads to PH refinery is Alesa Junction linking to Okrika (Patience Jonathan hometown).

Finally, I don't understand the Ogoni's problem, they always behave possessed. No wonder they are hated by other tribes in Rivers state

ON POINT, ESPECIALLY THEIR GIRLS DEMONS TO BE PRECISE.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
14DUI:
[b]Look at the Roads they are protesting [/b]on, istead of cleaning those bottles and rubbish that have pilled up, they are protesting due process. Ok, i know they are paid tout by the wiked government. When Men live in a dirty environment, its hard to change them. The President should leave them in the Squarlor.

That is condition Amaechi left most road in Portharcourt...Wike is working hard to fix the roads
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Allureia: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ogonis are the ones bursting crude pipelines passing through their area.. setting sections of the pipes ablaze on weekly and monthly basis. The company will repair.. they will sabotage or install bunkering valves again leading to spills in those affected areas. There are always other ways to co-exist peacefully. Now they are going to benefit from the remediation process being put in place by the government. Still they are protesting for due process... Only in Naija. Na wa o!
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by ibietela2(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
AlPeter:

why una both dey deny d guy na? Na like dat e bad reach

Hahahahaha
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by agyo(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]They look more confused than organized.
They look like paid protesters.
[/size]

absolutely confused. Same Eleme people said they are not Ogoni o!!!

I thought I will see a solidarity match thanking GMB for the Ogoni immediate action taken o!!!!

pls my people give the government that's ready to work for u chance to do the needful. Don't listen to paid rally/protests.

God has answered our prayers n GMB has kick start the process.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by agyo(m): 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

That is condition Amaechi left most road in Portharcourt...Wike is working hard to fix the roads

appreciate he who put his best for the state. Romokoro to Owerri was fixed by Amaechi n that's a federal road.

I expect you to ask Gov. Wike to do more, haven mobilised RCC on the eleme road, by extending or Mobilising JB Plc to Oyigbo axis which is in URGENT need of attention rather than using a Globally Recognised "Julius Berger" to patch Evo road cos Mama Peace house is on that same road.

Rivers State need urgent federal presence or attention and the Gej led government hasn't done anything in this regards. GMB has kick start Ogoni clean up process n should be given all support not paid protests without vision attached.

grow up Niger Delta. it's about YOU n is for YOU..

GRAP THIS CHANCE.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Omeny: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
espn:
This people get problem.. who paid this set of dunce. U cried for clean up..now you barking for due process.. you people should learn to live with it. Buhari is the president.

Do u read at all punk?
Are they protesting against Buhari's presidency abi negligence and soil,air and water pollution?

U talk as if Buhari will leave all his life in Abuja! Few months from now parties will roll out their manifestos again! Watch and see!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by equity2003: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
It is tortise that spend yrs in toilet but when remember started to make noise.ogoni's should wait and see what the future hold. angry
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Smooyis(m): 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
shadowgwalker:
mumu! So GEJ is from Ogoni?

Why do you call me such. Why don't you respond to my opinion and save yourself the insult?

What I mean by 'their son is that the former president is a Niger delta man like them who knows more where the shoe pinches but refuse to do something about it either by error of omission or commission.

The love many of you had or have for Gej is a classic one not genuine. You are responsible for his downfall. I believe by now he would have discovered himself.

You believe that anyone that says anything against him is an enemy who want him to fail and you begin to insult. You give him more enemies than he can ever dream.

Let's talk on issues and stop insulting one another just because we are online.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Deezia1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
BUHARI ACCUSED OF DECEPTON, ON OGONILAND UNEP IMPLEMENTATION: AS PROTESTERS TARGETED NIGERIANS ECONOMYFOLLOW LINK FOR DETAIL

http://thenigerianvoice.com/news/188700/1/breaking-news-nigerias-economy-targeted-by-protest.html

Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by espn(m): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
Omeny:

Do u read at all punk?
Are they protesting against Buhari's presidency abi negligence and soil,air and water pollution?

U talk as if Buhari will leave all his life in Abuja! Few months from now parties will roll out their manifestos again! Watch and see!
I thought about ignoring you. I guess you weren't out of data when it was all over here when buhari instructed that there should be an immediate clean up of the communities affected by oil spills.. he's about starting your people are here protesting about due process.. I insist your problem isn't about oil spills but the fact that buhari is the president. Live with it.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Omeny: 6:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
espn:
I thought about ignoring you. I guess you weren't out of data when it was all over here when buhari instructed that there should be an immediate clean up of the communities affected by oil spills.. he's about starting your people are here protesting about due process.. I insist your problem isn't about oil spills but the fact that buhari is the president. Live with it.

Shallow mind and unenlightened!
Do u know how many past leaders that have call for immediate clean up of Ogoni land and Niger Delta in general!

Did I hear immediate clean up?
PMB just express immediate setting up of a committee towards clean up of oil areas!
According to report, it will take 20 to 30yrs to totally clean up those areas! To carried out this total clean up, Billions of US Dollars will be required!

Then you ask urself,how do u do a total clean up of a polluted area when those companies polluting the areas are still busy doing their oil spillage and gas flaring combined with illegal refineries?

Come and I will teach you more brat!

We are talking about glaring issues on ground you are talking about president Buhari!

Myopic fellow!
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by espn(m): 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
Omeny:

Shallow mind and unenlightened!
Do u know how many past leaders that have call for immediate clean up of Ogoni land and Niger Delta in general!

Did I hear immediate clean up?
PMB just express immediate setting up of a committee towards clean up of oil areas!
According to report, it will take 20 to 30yrs to totally clean up those areas! To carried out this total clean up, Billions of US Dollars will be required!

Then you ask urself,how do u do a total clean up of a polluted area when those companies polluting the areas are still busy doing their oil spillage and gas flaring combined with illegal refineries?

Come and I will teach you more brat!

We are talking about glaring issues on ground you are talking about president Buhari!

Myopic fellow!
over informed man.. so did such protest take place during the time some past leaders ordered the immediate clean up of those areas? Be pragmatic with your argument. Over informed man please tell me the sense behind protesting against something you claimed they haven't started. You could advice that due process must be followed not protest.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by coolbis: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
londongal03:
Shut up!
you ask me what is massive about that protest, those guys are not up to 30. If they couldnt protest even when their brother was there for 6 years, I wonder why now when the people's General is willing to help them. Wailing wailers
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by coolbis: 7:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
espn:
over informed man.. so did such protest take place during the time some past leaders ordered the immediate clean up of those areas? Be pragmatic with your argument. Over informed man please tell me the sense behind protesting against something you claimed they haven't started. You could advice that due process must be followed not protest.
you should expect more of such protests from them because those guys illicit cash-inflow has been completely blocked, there is no more free petrodollars for them, and they know full well that the alternative for them which is kidnapping is near impossible cos of the present security architecture of that region.
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by Omeny: 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
espn:

My Brother?
Stop beating around the bush pls!

Why are u against peaceful protest by these law abiding citizens?

They are dying! No land,no water,the air is bad the rain is acid!
PMB just express immediate setting up a committee to look into cleaning up of Ogoni land!
Do u understand things at all?
Have the clean up started?
Re: Ongoing Massive Protest At Akpaja Eleme Rivers State By Ogonis (Photos) by valinda(m): 6:51am On Aug 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
So those that don't work in bank are jobless?
is ur mother a woman?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa Election: Boat Carrying Four Journalists Capsizes In Nun River / Zamfara: Withdraw Femi Fani-Kayode’s Traditional Title - Emir Of Shinkafi Told / Obi Leads Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso In Fresh ANAP Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.