Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC (2682 Views)

NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills / Buhari Appoints James Momoh As NERC Chairman / Eko Disco, Afam Genco Fined N66.6m By NERC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by wisestman(m): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2015
In the spirit of transparency and accountability in the monitoring of the electricity market, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) has responded to the query issued it by the Senate on Fixed Charge, Estimated Billing and Sundry issues.

In an address to newsmen; at the headquarter of the Commission,  Chairman/Chief Executive of NERC, Dr Sam Amadi informed that the Commission received seven queries from Senate, which the Commission has respectfully responded to the queries touched on the customer complaints by electricity consumers, the fixed charge, bulk metering of customers and estimated billing

NERC has finally instructed discos to abolish

A letter addressed to the Senate by the NERC chairman, Dr. Sam Amadi, stated
“The commission agrees with the Senate’s position on the need to eliminate the practice of bulk billing residential customers and replace the practice with individual metering and billing. It is important to state that the commission had previously abolished bulk billing in its ruling on the VGC Case CASE NO: NERC/H/03/07 (copy attached). This case was brought by a customer against the VGC Estate Management.”

Amadi added that NERC would ensure that whatever Discos proposed for its approval was fair, reasonable and meant to improve the quality of power supply to consumers.

Source: http://breakingnews.ng/index.php/2015/08/23/nerc-finally-scraps-n700-service-charge-bulk-metering-and-estimated-billing/

1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by boboLIL(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2015
E better oo
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Queennikky(f): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2015
Good development...... I hope it lasts
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by bonechamberlain(m): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2015
make we see the light first.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by heykims(m): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2015
I'm sure those guys will already been formulating how other charges will compensate for the abolished one, abeg no expect reduced monthly bill o..
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2015
ok
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Pangea: 9:06am On Aug 24, 2015
How about estimated billing?
Awon oloshi!
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Horlawoomey(m): 9:08am On Aug 24, 2015
Nice one, we need more policies that will have a direct impact on the citizens.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Sylvarresta(m): 9:11am On Aug 24, 2015
ok, thank God we are starting this week with good news
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by donsteady(m): 9:12am On Aug 24, 2015
Is a good news. Next
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Buyeradvertcom: 9:22am On Aug 24, 2015
Thats great if implemented....
Buyeradvert.com
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Prince081: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2015
When will PHCN provide prepaid meters for their customers? Some of us paid 13 months ago, yet no sign of meters at phcn office.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by bugzbunny: 9:44am On Aug 24, 2015
Better.... Cos d thing tire person
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by ruffhandu: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2015
If true, it means my bill rounds to around N400 sometimes (unless they are not referring to thr N700).
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Smooyis(m): 10:48am On Aug 24, 2015
When will they supply us prepaid meters?
Why are things so difficult to do in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by DaGC(m): 11:40am On Aug 24, 2015
Good news.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2015
Smooyis:
When will they supply us prepaid meters?
Why are things so difficult to do in Nigeria.
i guess they stoped the distribution since they realized the prepaid meters arent functioning when there is a low current.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by lwise(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2015
shegsky:

i guess they stoped the distribution since they realized the prepaid meters arent functioning when there is a low current.

Says who,the one Im using works when the voltage is low.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2015
lwise:

Says who,the one Im using works when the voltage is low.
. Haha, how come, But here in ibadan,i have met two individuals telling me the prepaid meter doesnt read whenever there is a low current.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by lordtech(m): 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
Good news cheesy , I hope they implement it. What we need now is practical action & not mouth action
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by wasco24: 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
i hope is true
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Ijaya123: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
This is a good development.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Ekpekus(m): 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
IF TRUE, then it can raise the dead because I am very skeptical about it. Just as PMS officially is #87 and Kerosene #50.

Anyway, seeing is believing... Off to BEDC to recharge my prepaid. BTW when is it with immediate effect?
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by blank(f): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
Not true o. They only scrapped bulk billing i.e giving a meter to a market or an estate and billing the estate/market as a group instead of metering/billing individual houses/stalls.

They stopped fixe charge for months that you are without light.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by eluquenson(m): 8:47am On Aug 25, 2015
Thats's a good decision
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Smooyis(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
shegsky:

Then let them introduce it first where there are good transformers and good current as a result. Distribution of prepaid meters should be done in phases.
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by sammyj: 8:10am On Aug 27, 2015
This is Change. Kudos to the Senate for this great achievement !!!
Re: Breaking News: Service Charge Scrapped By NERC by Beremx(f): 8:25am On Aug 27, 2015
PHCN will have to explain to me how my monthly bill rose from 3,500naira to 8,000naira.
It's good i have stopped paying my bills since the increment. I need an explanation from Sam Amadi or else....

(1) (Reply)

25 Years Old Young Ghanaian Graduate Joins Isis / See Reasons Why GEJ Has Been Quiet Since He Left Office / OMG - See The Epic Reply PDP Got After They Twitted About Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.