Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,402 members, 7,958,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:07 AM

Problem With Serious Dating - Dating And Meet-up Zone (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Problem With Serious Dating (4908 Views)

Big Problem With Guys / The Problem With A Nigerian Girl I Just Met. / The Problem With Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2009
iice:

You mentioned you are blunt. Have you been blunt about this to her?
Is she always like that? How often do you guys talk?

Believe me, I have opened up to her times without number, she kinda confessed to me that she's someworth timid, but i tried to let her know she is free to open up to me, we talk almost every night, and we have known each other for close to 2 years now, she's even close to some of my family members so, it's not like she's a full stranger to me. well, maybe i might end up just keeping her as a friend for another 1-2 years and see if changing of environment would change that aspect of her, does changing of environment help too?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by IFELEKE(m): 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2009
@Poster,
I got one message from what i read about your post, Your Mind Is Not Made Up!
Make up your mind and work around it.
You said she is too quiet?well, I'll say if you truly love and want her then you will bring out the glow and flow in her.
There is nothing like Perfect Partner or perfect relationship(unless you live in the world of romance novels/films)
What you can get is a partner who is ready to work towards perfection.
That is the attainable and if she is that,Then what are you waiting for?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
Hey guys, I need to hear other people's view about my situation, I have been out of a relationship for like 5 years now ( By choice), the last one lasted just one month because i couldn't cope with her excessive "asking" spirit and the first one ended because she moved to Delta state from Lag.
There is a particular girl in my life, though i have not told her i want her to be my date (Partner, fiancee), but as things are, She's likely expecting me to pop up that question. The problem is that i really have a phobia with asking a girl to date me after the 2 incidence, I always fear i might end up being disappointed either by her moving away as the former one or by her showing some hidden characters i have yet to see in her while we stay as "friends" for now. Mind you, as at now, she's not the "SPOILT" type, At least, i have witnesses to that, she is even a "Virgin" but then i get bored sometimes when around her or when communicating with her. She hardly talks except i do the talking, and even when i ask her to say something, she ends up by saying "I don't know what to say" or "what do you want me to say". I am this blunt type that whenever she says stuffs like this, i end up telling her how i feel and how bad it would be having someone who can sustain a communication skill with me. (By the way, she's fluent in English language and can as well speak Yoruba too so that's out of the reasons).
Conclusively, I am this type that won't ask you to change, but won't shy away from telling you what i feel and how i feel whenever the need arising and i have been able to let her know my mind, but it seem this is just her way of life ( Quiet and boring sometimes) but beautiful and mild with a commendable character. so please guys, should i wait for her to change a bit before popping the question or should i give up and look elsewhere for someone with similar characteristics but outspoken and "lively"?

First of all, your first relationship, did you ever tell her that you dont really her to ask so many questions at a time because you kinda feel uncomfortable? If you did not well, thats a bad mistake cause in a relationship, whatever a person is doing or acting, the person is always unaware about his/her actions because throughout a person's life, no one has really exactly corrected the person. The best person to correct anothe person is from the person's spouse / partner / lover / family member / close friend so yeah, whatever you dont like in your partner, you should always comfront the person in a proper and respectable way and work things out from there.

Uhm. . . Usually if a person is destines to be with a person, the communication shouldnt be a barrier I guess? undecided

But anyways, if you think theres no spark going on, just levae it and move on. When the right person comes to you, it shall come to you. If not, than you're faited to be so.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by iice(f): 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

Believe me, I have opened up to her times without number, she kinda confessed to me that she's someworth timid, but i tried to let her know she is free to open up to me, we talk almost every night, and we have known each other for close to 2 years now,  she's even close to some of my family members so, it's not like she's a full stranger to me. well, maybe i might end up just keeping her as a friend for another 1-2 years and see if changing of environment would change that aspect of her,  does changing of environment help too?

Either she's actually the quiet timid type or she has not yet reached the stage where she can freely be herself with you undecided.  Change of environment helps depending on what is in her mind/past/present.  Does she know she is potential fiancee? I agree with those who say you have to make up your mind.  If she's putting her hopes on you and at the end of the 1-2years you don't see how you guys can come together, that would be unfair to her.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by IFELEKE(m): 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2009
iice:

Does she know she is potential fiancee?.
On The Point!
Does She?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 4:57pm On Mar 29, 2009
IFELEKE:

@Poster,
I got one message from what i read about your post, Your Mind Is Not Made Up!
Make up your mind and work around it.
You said she is too quiet?well, I'll say if you truly love and want her then you will bring out the glow and flow in her.
There is nothing like Perfect Partner or perfect relationship(unless you live in the world of romance novels/films)
What you can get is a partner who is ready to work towards perfection.
That is the attainable and if she is that,Then what are you waiting for?

I have told her my mind from the onset that she is just too quiet and does not really say much when we are together, and she acknowledged that too but still can't change, we have been together for 2 years and still same story, I get bored each day, that's why i am trying to know if it's just something some set of girls pass through until they get to certain age. we talk and text each other on phone and i have never hidden that fact from her, we could talk for 2 hours on the phone and i end up being the one talking for 1: 35minutes, and when she's to talk, she ends up with i don't know what to say, uhm, laugh, laugh, all she does is to laugh when i talk, yet she won't say a thing and when i refuse to talk or call, she keeps calling and flashing, i just don't understand, undecided
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by IFELEKE(m): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

I have told her my mind from the onset that she is just too quiet and does not really say much when we are together, and she acknowledged that too but still can't change, we have been together for 2 years and still same story, I get bored each day, that's why i am trying to know if it's just something some set of girls pass through until they get to certain age. we talk and text each other on phone and i have never hidden that fact from her, we could talk for 2 hours on the phone and i end up being the one talking for 1: 35minutes, and when she's to talk, she ends up with i don't know what to say, uhm, laugh, laugh, all she does is to laugh when i talk, yet she won't say a thing and when i refuse to talk or call, she keeps calling and flashing, i just don't understand, undecided
iice asked a question,she said ''does she know she is a potential fiancee?''
If you don't mind my asking,How Old Is She?
Sorry if it's getting more personal than you want,I just want to know so as to proffer solutions.
Ciao!
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2009
gabrywyl:

First of all, your first relationship, did you ever tell her that you dont really her to ask so many questions at a time because you kinda feel uncomfortable? If you did not well, thats a bad mistake cause in a relationship, whatever a person is doing or acting, the person is always unaware about his/her actions because throughout a person's life, no one has really exactly corrected the person. The best person to correct anothe person is from the person's spouse / partner / lover / family member / close friend so yeah, whatever you dont like in your partner, you should always comfront the person in a proper and respectable way and work things out from there.

Uhm. . . Usually if a person is destines to be with a person, the communication shouldnt be a barrier I guess?  undecided

But anyways, if you think theres no spark going on, just levae it and move on. When the right person comes to you, it shall come to you. If not, than you're faited to be so.

When i first told her i wanted her to be my friend about 2 years ago, she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, so i told her i was not going to force to talk her into one, so she agreed to just us being in a platonic relationship, but as things progress, i can see signs of her wanting to get more closer to me, series of questions through text and i have been able to provide answers to all, so it's not like i have not opened up enough, I even told her about my previous life and also about my sexual life, she knows virtually everything about me, so i think i have opened up to the fullest. she does answer when i ask her questions too, but i made sure i asked mine through talking one on one or phone call. The problem here with me is that  she just can't light up an atmosphere without me being the one doing it. and when i end up not doing it, nothing happens. this is very boring and depressing to me.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2009
iice:

Either she's actually the quiet timid type or she has not yet reached the stage where she can freely be herself with you undecided.  Change of environment helps depending on what is in her mind/past/present.  Does she know she is potential fiancee? I agree with those who say you have to make up your mind.  If she's putting her hopes on you and at the end of the 1-2years you don't see how you guys can come together, that would be unfair to her.

She knows that already, because i told her from the start that i would like to date her but then she wasn't ready and wanted us to be just friends first, so i decided to give her time to settle that within herself and i even gave her free hand by telling her to ask me anything and feel free to tell me anything, she knows it's likely to lead to that if i decide to ask her again, but i don't want to ask her now until these things get out of my mind. (excessive quietness and being too boring)
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2009
IFELEKE:

On The Point!
Does She?

I jokingly asked her and she said she would want to date me if i am serious, so does that answer that question?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2009
IFELEKE:

iice asked a question,she said ''does she know she is a potential fiancee?''
If you don't mind my asking,How Old Is She?
Sorry if it's getting more personal than you want,I just want to know so as to proffer solutions.
Ciao!

first question : Yes

She is 20 years, is that too young? I'm a bit older than her but she's okay with it.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Treetop20(m): 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2009
how old is a "bit" older?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2009
Treetop20:

yeaaahhh *stroking chin*
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by IFELEKE(m): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

first question : Yes

She is 20 years, is that too young? I'm a bit older than her but she's okay with it.
That's the point Friend.
20yrs is not too young(I mean my younger cousin(female) got married at 20 after been educationally and emotionally ripe for it)but that doesn't apply to everyone.She might really like you but might feel  too young for a serious commitment.
I personally feel she is zeroing on the age factor so I'll advise you to take things easy on her,don't choke her with too much expectations it might muddle up things for her.Overtime with she will grow in love.
So I think patience is the virtue you must imbibe in this relationship since you have established the fact that she loves and wants you.
Hope Am on Point?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2009
Treetop20:

I have that on a profile.

IFELEKE:

That's the point Friend.
20yrs is not too young(I mean my younger cousin(female) got married at 20 after been educationally and emotionally ripe for it)but that doesn't apply to everyone.She might really like you but might feel  too young for a serious commitment.
I personally feel she is zeroing on the age factor so I'll advise you to take things easy on her,don't choke her with too much expectations it might muddle up things for her.Overtime with she will grow in love.
So I think patience is the virtue you must imbibe in this relationship since you have established the fact that she loves and wants you.
Hope Am on Point?

For how long? well, i fear swing mood from woman, she might end up breaking my heart after "waiting" overtime for her to "grow" in love as you said, but i guess that's not the case here, I don't have a problem with the love thing, but with her being too quiet and boring.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by IFELEKE(m): 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

For how long? well, i fear swing mood from woman, she might end up breaking my heart after "waiting" overtime for her to "grow" in love as you said, but i guess that's not the case here, I don't have a problem with the love thing, but with her being too quiet and boring.
That's the bitter sweet agony of love.
Either you wait or you move on. . .It all depends on what your Heart says and on matters of the Heart,no one can help you out on that.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by iice(f): 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

For how long? well, i fear swing mood from woman, she might end up breaking my heart after "waiting" overtime for her to "grow" in love as you said, but i guess that's not the case here,  I don't have a problem with the love thing, but with her being too quiet and boring.

Hmmmm seems she is the quiet type.
I don't know if that will change.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2009
Uhm embarassed
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by oluwafemi113(m): 7:58am On Mar 30, 2009
sorry oooo
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 9:37am On Mar 30, 2009
oluwafemi113:

sorry oooo

Why the sorry oo? do i look like someone who needs sympathy? if you don't have anything to say, why type as if your hand is itching you?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2009
LOL Honeric. Your gf I think she is just lik naaa. Very down and very laid back I presume. hey! Why not take her for clubbing? Buy her a few boost and get her on th dancefloor? And soon you both will be doing all kinds of dance mooves. My favorite is the coacroach dance, the praying mantis dance, hang your laundry dance and the mah jong dance. OH YEAH! grin grin grin
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2009
gabrywyl:

LOL Honeric. Your gf I think she is just lik naaa. Very down and very laid back I presume. hey! Why not take her for clubbing? Buy her a few boost and get her on th dancefloor? And soon you both will be doing all kinds of dance mooves. My favorite is the coacroach dance, the praying mantis dance, hang your laundry dance and the mah jong dance. OH YEAH! grin grin grin

you this girl, well, for ur information, my "girlfriend" is not outgoing and won't even want to go, because she is just too timid and not the party type, ANOTHER PROBLEM cry cry
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2009
ok no problem!!! Bring the party at home!!!! OOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! grin grin grin

But you know, there are alot of things to do at home as well like wrestling and arm wrestling and also hide and seek and also chase chase or tag!

Play board games, sing together. And dance together and if she has teddies, she can make those teddies as both your audience like a concert, U know?

Na waa! Why do I feel so excited out of the sudden? shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 12:01am On Mar 31, 2009
Face painting!!! shocked shocked toooooooooooo. . . body pinting. . . grin embarassed lipsrsealed and thsn soon you both shower together grin tongue
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2009
gabrywyl:

ok no problem!!! Bring the party at home!!!! OOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! grin grin grin

But you know, there are alot of things to do at home as well like wrestling and arm wrestling and also hide and seek and also chase chase or tag!

Play board games, sing together. And dance together and if she has teddies, she can make those teddies as both your audience like a concert, U know?

Na waa! Why do I feel so excited out of the sudden? shocked lipsrsealed

If wishes were horses, mind you, she's not my girlfriend, she is just a friend, why would you want me to do all these with her when she is not yet my girlfriend? i am talking about how to change her from being too quiet and boring just as a friend, you are talking about wrestling with her undecided
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by touchmeder: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2009

If wishes were horses, mind you, she's not my girlfriend, she is just a friend, why would you want me to do all these with her when she is not yet my girlfriend? i am talking about [b]how to change her from being too quiet and boring [/b]just as a friend, you are talking about wrestling with her Undecided

i doubt if you can change something so inherent in someone. something as basic as their personality. you either love it and feel totally comfortable with her personality or take a walk. this same thing you are complaining of another man will have not problem with it. wink wink That might just be another man's wifey.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 11:08am On Mar 31, 2009
honeric01:

If wishes were horses, mind you, she's not my girlfriend, she is just a friend, why would you want me to do all these with her when she is not yet my girlfriend? i am talking about how to change her from being too quiet and boring just as a friend, you are talking about wrestling with her undecided

Ok, I thought you have feelings for her and you treat her as a girlfriend cause your tyopic says 'PROBLEM WITH SERIOUS DATING' but anyways, if she is just a friend. why would you even bother to change her? Friends comes with a bolt of lighting. If you like th person as your friend and you feel comfortable with that person, than that person will be your friend but if not, than its not. . . It shall only be like an aquaintance.

You dont go wrestling with your friends

I do wrestling with all my friends oooo. . . Well, I do wrestling with almost anybody. . .Heheh! embarassed
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 10:39am On Apr 01, 2009
gabrywyl:

Ok, I thought you have feelings for her and you treat her as a girlfriend cause your tyopic says 'PROBLEM WITH SERIOUS DATING' but anyways, if she is just a friend. why would you even bother to change her? Friends comes with a bolt of lighting. If you like th person as your friend and you feel comfortable with that person, than that person will be your friend but if not, than its not. . . It shall only be like an aquaintance.

You dont go wrestling with your friends

I do wrestling with all my friends oooo. . . Well, I do wrestling with almost anybody. . .Heheh! embarassed

Well, thats why i said i have problem with serious dating, cos i really can't date most of my female friends due to the outlined reasons and this is getting on me, i am not getting younger and i still can't seem to ask one out.

i don't do wrestling with everyone, except my younger brothers lol,
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 1:31am On Apr 03, 2009
Bro, you're a guy. . . You should not worry about petty things like this. . . you're not the one getting pregnant now so age is not really an issue. . . U still fit marry at age 30+ for a man. . .

U know. . . I realize this a long timne ago that if a person try so hard to look for love, it will never come or the wrong one will not come but if you just live life everyday like normally, it will come to you. Trust me on that one.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 10:19pm On Apr 25, 2009
I am not an igbo Man,, So why should I wait till 30+ before getting married? I want to see my great grand kids ooo
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by wanville(m): 2:31am On Apr 26, 2009
:d
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 26, 2009
hmmm, I see! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja single handsomes and pretties, Get in here / Most Sexest Girl Sign Up / Fellow Lekkians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.