Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Problem With Serious Dating - Dating And Meet-up Zone (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Problem With Serious Dating (4809 Views)

Big Problem With Guys / The Problem With A Nigerian Girl I Just Met. / The Problem With Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 6:38am On Apr 26, 2009
honeric01:

I am not an igbo Man,, So why should I wait till 30+ before getting married? I want to see my great grand kids ooo

My dear, patience is a virtue and thats what most people fail to realize in a relationship. . . Thats why in todays socirty, the rate of divorce, cheating and broken homes is very high because people rushed theirselves into mariage.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 27, 2009
Bro i believe i was worse than your girl friend to be when i was close to be. My mum would complain. I even got turned down by a couple of ladies because of being too quiet. Years later same girls wanna hang out with me cos i suddenly became fun to be with. Truth is at 20 she is still very young,
1. Ask her out, you'll never make real impact until you become part of her life.
2. After asking her out then you can start work from there. She obviously enjoys your company thats why she laughs and keeps calling you.
3. From your posts its a phase in her life. She will out grow it. You've got to be willing to work at it.
4. My angel used to be very insensitive when we met. But now i'm the one accusing her of being too sensitive.
There is no already made woman you must make her what you want her to be. And don't mind all these over sabi girls. They are still the weaker vessels. So handle them with tender loving care. Wish you all the best.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by MAYOR147(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2009
No time! u have to tell her de KOKO to know ur stand cool
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 1:43am On Apr 28, 2009
Well we have known each other for close to 2 years now & last thursday made it the 15th time she'd have visited me, imagine me sleeping off while she was still around? I handed her all the tv,dvdplayer, dstv remotes & then slept off cos there wasn't much topic I could raise. Even when I finally woke up, she asked if we could play some board game, I brought out chess, even before the first round, she got fed up & told me she wasn't playing again, it was so annoying but I kept my cool & had to see her off after 6hours. If I don't call her, she flashes me like 50 times a day until I call her with Nothing really interesting to talk about & if I still refuse to call, she would text & ask if she offended me. But I know that she loves me, I Know that. I just want to know if there is any tricks, tips I can use in making her a good student in intimate communication & a lively company.

@gabry, why all these preaching? Did I tell u I am marrying now? & even if I am, hw are u sure I'm nt older than ur bf? Is ur bf ibo?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 6:10am On Apr 28, 2009
@gabry
Its very rare here in Nigeria to see a man younger than 25 get married, no parent would want their son who's younger than 25 get married except in the case of pregnancy and foulplay so I think the issue of young people getting married here in nigeria is irrelevant to our case. Infact I think the best age for a female to get married is between 21 and 25, while male should be 25 and 30 as the case may be. YOU CAN BE 50 AND STILL NOT BE MATURED ENOUGH FOR MARRIAGE SO AGE IS NOT REALLY THE MAIN REASON WHILE WE HAVE BROKEN HOMES, INFIDELITY EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD. As far as the man is NOT still under his parents and as far as he's not less than 25 or something close to that. in Nigeria, no male of 17yrs or 20 would want to even get married so that case of yours is false here in Nigeria.

By the way, when did you say you turned a marriage counselor? If you are one, then you really don't know much about it, cos you are prescribing the wrong pills for the wrong ailment ok?o?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 9:01am On Apr 28, 2009
If you are not talking about marriage, than why do you sound so desperate in having a gf?

In that case, none of this issue should be brought up jor. . . dont you think so?

U're wrong about girls having to marry at age 21 - 25. . . most of the females today are still studying at age 25 and in todays society, most females get married at an average age of 30.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2009
@gabry
Wetin dey do u self? Are u in a relationship? Yes or no? When did u get into the relationship? How old are u? if u are in a relationship, are u married now? I am asking all these questions because of what u said about me wanting a relationship, u are sounding like U're talking to a 20 years old boy, anyways I will wait for your answers.
By the way, getting into a relationship is just to prepare you for marriage in the future. It Doesn't mean once you get into a relationship, you are getting married right away, That's childish!!! I am not desperate to get married, but just trying to get a relationship life going on well,
And you saying girls in nigeria get married around 30yrs because of school, that's a lie, girls in nigeria get into school early mostly between 17 and 20 and finish up before 25, so why wait till 30 to get married when they must have lost their prime? My mom got married around 22-23, 2 of my brothers got married to their wives of 23 and 24 respectively, that's just it.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 11:31am On Apr 28, 2009
Common now. . I did not say about mariage oooo. . . I was just asking why are you trying so hard to find a relationship? From the starting of this thread till now, you just seem desperate. Wasnt referring to you as getting married naa. . . so why you beef me for? Cool it ooo. . .I no want to wrestle and hustle with anybody for hia especially on nairaland. I had my turn before naa. Not now. Am retired so abeg! no beefin.

And I did not refer to Nigerian girls but Im referin to it as in a general persp[ective. Ladies today are not like before getting married at a young age. . . Civilization has been brough forward today naaa. . . Thats what Im trying to say.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by akaa(f): 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2009
pls, the poster, if you don`t like the girl u better tell her on time, because love they said, hope all thingds, endure all things and it is not selfish it bears all things. so tel the girl to move with her life I dnt support the idea of having her as a friend, becos we girls use to have shalo mind
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by debosky(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2009
moved to dating and meet up.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2009
gabrywyl:

Common now. . I did not say about mariage oooo. . . I was just asking why are you trying so hard to find a relationship? From the starting of this thread till now, you just seem desperate. Wasnt referring to you as getting married naa. . . so why you beef me for? Cool it ooo. . .I no want to wrestle and hustle with anybody for hia especially on nairaland. I had my turn before naa. Not now. Am retired so abeg! no beefin.

And I did not refer to Nigerian girls but Im referin to it as in a general persp[ective. Ladies today are not like before getting married at a young age. . . Civilization has been brough forward today naaa. . . Thats what Im trying to say.

Even with what i highlighted, you are still wrong, how people view marriage in some countries is not how it's viewed in another, some western countries get married as early as 17,18, 19 and before they are 50, some would have married 6 times, it's their way of life. even some that didnt marry until their late 30s still end up marrying more than once. so i think the word "General" is wrong.

ANwyas, i am not desperate and i didnt tell you i don't find a good for myself, i will die or won't live. only wanted answer to the questions i asked about the "character' of this particular girl.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Gabry(f): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2009
I did not say all now. . . I say in todays society, the statistics has increased in terms of women getting married at an older age compared to before. Dont you notice it? The news is all around naaa. . . Do keep yourself updated on the news jor.

The character of this particular girl, guess she is just plain quiet or shy or antisocial.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2009
Gabry, Gabry, we are not arguing ok? well, she is learning now, we spoke on the phone for like 4 hours plus earlier today it was cool, lol
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by oklan(m): 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2009
Splish! Splash!!, Come join in.
The sand’s clean, the breeze’s cool, the water’s fine and afterwards prepare to be wined and dined with HOT Naija Singles @ Oniru Private BeachRave(May Edition)
Venue: Oniru Private Beach, Ligali Ayorinde Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Date: Saturday, May 30th, 2009
Time: 12 noon till 9pm

Dress “Beachy” and…don’t forget your towel!

Come with your friends as we come with ours so we can all be friends!!
For enquires call 08033563034, 07025019627, 07032988513, 08023294957
Follow this link to view pictures of previous editions of Oniru Private BeachRave:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2008760&l=e35fd&id=1204219640