Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 (1142 Views)

Help With Brainbox And Transmission Issue / Toyota Camry Transmission Issue / These Habits Will Kill Your Auto Transmission Fast Please Avoid Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by whyteboyz03(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2015
My people una good afternoon. Please my gear just started something new for like 1 week now . when I start the car in the morning or when engine is cool, when its about to change the first gear, it changes hard and makes noise . I asked my mechanic to check and he said I need to fix my engine sitting and change the gear changer. He said the gear changer is 15k and engine sitting is 16k for front and back. Please guys could DAT be the solution and is that the right price for the items. Thanks guys

Cc : Gazzuzz and luvinhubby
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by abbeYhart(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
Sorry what does he mean by gear changer..is dat price of engine seat for new?
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by mayor2013: 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
whyteboyz03:
My people una good afternoon. Please my gear just started something new for like 1 week now . when I start the car in the morning or when engine is cool, when its about to change the first gear, it changes hard and makes noise . I asked my mechanic to check and he said I need to fix my engine sitting and change the gear changer. He said the gear changer is 15k and engine sitting is 16k for front and back. Please guys could DAT be the solution and is that the right price for the items. Thanks guys

You need to run a scan first. Does your "d" light blink? Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 if you need to run a scan and fox the problem. Scan is free
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by whyteboyz03(m): 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
The light doesn't blink and once u drive the car for up to 10minutes, it doesn't do that anymore. He said that price is for used sitting
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by whyteboyz03(m): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
Abbeyhart.... He said gear selector
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by mayor2013: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
whyteboyz03:
The light doesn't blink and once u drive the car for up to 10minutes, it doesn't do that anymore. He said that price is for used sitting

A scan would point out what is going down there. If you still want to go by trial and error. All the best
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by whyteboyz03(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
@mayor2013. I just called the mech guy now yo have the car scanned but he said he had a new gear selector installed and he tried it this morning and the car changed smooth . but isn't that amount too much for a gear selector ?
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by mayor2013: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
whyteboyz03:
@mayor2013. I just called the mech guy now yo have the car scanned but he said he had a new gear selector installed and he tried it this morning and the car changed smooth . but isn't that amount too much for a gear selector ?

If it works out fine no p. Asper price am not in the best position to tell u what it cost. You can call the local market for price
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by whyteboyz03(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
OK. Thanks a lot .
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by Kashif(m): 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
whyteboyz03:

Stay away from that mechanic angry

What has selector and engine mounts got to do with cold jerks?

1 Like

Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by whyteboyz03(m): 8:40am On Aug 28, 2015
Good morning nairalanders . finally the issue was resolved by buying a new selector . now the transmission is smooth. I don't even feel it when the car changes gear anymore. Thanks guys for ur help
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by Kashif(m): 10:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
whyteboyz03:
Good morning nairalanders . finally the issue was resolved by buying a new selector . now the transmission is smooth. I don't even feel it when the car changes gear anymore. Thanks guys for ur help

You either did not describe your problem well, or do not know what was replaced. The selector connects to the manual valve.
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by whyteboyz03(m): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2015
@kashif, its how it happened I explained . and its gear selector I changed . sorry if I didn't use the right terms .
Re: Auto Transmission Issue For Honda Accord 2003 by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 04, 2015
or gear sensor?

(1) (Reply)

How To Service My Camry 2.2 Idle Air Control Valve IACV / Acura MDX Yr. 2003 VS Lexus RX300 / Breaking News Honda' Recalling Another 1.2 Million Vehicles recalled!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.