Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How To Service My Camry 2.2 Idle Air Control Valve IACV - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Service My Camry 2.2 Idle Air Control Valve IACV (1147 Views)

Camry 2.2: You Don't Know One Until You Own One / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla / Would You Pay N22m To Service Your N570m Bugatti Veyron Like Floyd Mayweather? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Service My Camry 2.2 Idle Air Control Valve IACV by ccassidy: 9:53am On Sep 17, 2015
Oga Gazzuz,

Please can you direct me on how to properly service my camry 2.2 Idle Air control Valve and also a picture of a perfect rpm idle position.

Thank you.
Re: How To Service My Camry 2.2 Idle Air Control Valve IACV by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2015
ccassidy:
Oga Gazzuz,

Please can you direct me on how to properly service my camry 2.2 Idle Air control Valve and also a picture of a perfect rpm idle position.

Thank you.

If you have scanned the car and gotten no codes related to throttle body and still have poor or erratic idling then a service of the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE is reccomended.

Pic below is your throttle body.

Next pic is the electronic part that varies the valve to perform the open and closed movement via electromagnetic induction. When you pull this off try and turn the valve by hand, if stiff the go ahead to open the valve completely and clean generously with carbcleaner until it turns freely by hand, it should move clockwise and anti clockwise 90degrees.

Open the lower parts with 4screws and spary with carb cleaner in till it moves freely, couple back and every thing should work fine.

Note. Remove all rubber seals before applying carb cleaner, if not what happened in 1974.... whey will expand and not fit. Good luck.

Re: How To Service My Camry 2.2 Idle Air Control Valve IACV by ccassidy: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2015
Thanks, I will do just that.
Re: How To Service My Camry 2.2 Idle Air Control Valve IACV by blazetitov: 5:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If you have scanned the car and gotten no codes related to throttle body and still have poor or erratic idling then a service of the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE is reccomended.

Pic below is your throttle body.

Next pic is the electronic part that varies the valve to perform the open and closed movement via electromagnetic induction. When you pull this off try and turn the valve by hand, if stiff the go ahead to open the valve completely and clean generously with carbcleaner until it turns freely by hand, it should move clockwise and anti clockwise 90degrees.

Open the lower parts with 4screws and spary with carb cleaner in till it moves freely, couple back and every thing should work fine.

Note. Remove all rubber seals before applying carb cleaner, if not what happened in 1974.... whey will expand and not fit. Good luck.

Nice one boss. I like you.

(1) (Reply)

Tokz Air Filter / See What Happened When Electric Pole Fell On Moving Vehicle In Ikeja,Lagos(pics) / This Is The Most Amazing Overtake In 2016 -see Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.