Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,266 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4429860 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
KolaShangOne:

The father away you are from a Quarry, the more the cost.

I buy 1 ton for 2800 - 3000 in Ibadan.

1 buy 1 ton for 10,000 in PH, Abia..

Of course Sir. It’s the way things are.

These high development cost is why I prefer to cuddle Ibadan grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
kenazuu:
Make life easy for us now by putting price.

I think you quoted the wrong person.

Meanwhile, here is the picture of my own problem. Please help me. What can I do to remedy this situation ASAP!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenazuu(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
Pascopele:

Meanwhile, here is the picture of my own problem. Please help me. What can I do to remedy this situation ASAP!

Oh sorry about that. We have expert in the house that can help. That area must be a waterlogged

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
kenazuu:

Bros nor go there. 3M for 3bedroom flat? Do not be deceived ooooo. Just take your time small small. No rushing ooooo.

Itemise what you need to buy.

1. Blocks 9 or 6inch
2. Granite or gravel
3. Sand
4. Cement
5. Pillars if needed (rod)
6. Setting and digging of foundation
7. Setting of blocks
8. Cost of labour
9. Omo onile if na you yoruba land
10. Water
11. Lintel stage and so on.

Hope this go guide us small.

From pic 1 to pic 2 is over N1M and I’m not done yet.

Still have to do:

Painting and Toilet Equipments.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kenazuu(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Still have to do:

Well done sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustCryptos: 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
KolaShangOne:

You can buy condemned sharp. BUT make sure it doesn't contain those things listed above.

Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Still have to do:

well done sir. Topsroofing and properties is also into painting please contact us on 07060795767 we give your house the best look.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
kenazuu:

Oh sorry about that. We have expert in the house that can help. That area must be a waterlogged
What do you mean by water logged? And what the remedy please, it kinda very urgent.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
n9jaboy:
Hello all,
I'do appreciate you can help take a look at my 3 bedroom floor plan for criticism/recommendation. While i am yet to conclude this plan and get BOQ (out of curiosity-can 3M build this + roofing)? your input will be appreciated. Thanks

My candid advice is for you to start with what you have as there is no better time to start other than now. I started something about two weeks ago (a 4 bed flat, all ensuite) and you will be amazed at what I was able to achieve with a little over 1M. Although, the major factor that determines level of achievement is location, I stay in the north where the soil is stable to a great extent and labour cost is relatively cheap as well as cost of building materials.
Furthermore, make the property section of NL your building Bible (especially this thread)as you stand to gain a lot from experienced professionals that abound on the forum - they are always ready to help and I pray that God bless them all.
I've had instances that my building contractor would want to cut corners but the experiences I've gained so far helped me out.
Another point to note is, during the course of building, don't add too many unnecessary extras that are outside the original plan as this will help you to save cost.
My bros, Start with what you have!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
Pascopele:

Give more information. Describe the situation more. What kind of building? Half finished storey building? Is the problem occuring in the room, kitchen etc? What kind of building is this? The photos are not enough to understand what is going on.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
For those that are building on a budget and came here for a lesson. Please try to roam around the properties section for great historical threads from notable builders like Skimanski, Aventures, KolaShangOne, Darenyx, Spyder880, etc

These guys have selflessly shared their professional system with us so that we can learn.

I have been offered many land that sits near rivers, dry waterbeds, etc that I refused or tried to negotiate to a lower price. I know what it requires to live with water and it's expensive. We've had house collapses on here, we've had sinking houses on here.

The type of foundation is important. Those that are building in Lekki etc and spend millions on foundation are not throwing money away, it's what is required in most cases.

When you're building near water or a storied house then you most definitely need experienced pros that includes a structural engineer, you need soil test, etc.

Good luck on your projects.

Sample pictures from a Skimanski thread. If you're doing a self build and not experienced then these threads from Skimanski and Spyder880 are required readings.
You remember that our friend CQ1 I think frm Canada who's Duplex of millions nearly sank?, Damn mehn we've come a long way since page one!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
For those that are building on a budget and came here for a lesson. Please try to roam around the properties section for great historical threads from notable builders like Skimanski, Aventures, KolaShangOne, Darenyx, Spyder880, etc

These guys have selflessly shared their professional system with us so that we can learn.

I have been offered many land that sits near rivers, dry waterbeds, etc that I refused or tried to negotiate to a lower price. I know what it requires to live with water and it's expensive. We've had house collapses on here, we've had sinking houses on here.

The type of foundation is important. Those that are building in Lekki etc and spend millions on foundation are not throwing money away, it's what is required in most cases.

When you're building near water or a storied house then you most definitely need experienced pros that includes a structural engineer, you need soil test, etc.

Good luck on your projects.

Sample pictures from a Skimanski thread. If you're doing a self build and not experienced then these threads from Skimanski and Spyder880 are required readings.
Great word of wisdom from the elder. Honestly building on budget start from land Aqcuisition. If you try to economize unreasonably on a very poor soil then you may soon loose everything.
I have a project that was put on hold because the cost of foundation is more than the cost of building superstructure.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Same way I do with cement here too. Infact we had to buy nylon to cover things once rain starts.

Is your site around Igwuritta?
Oga so U dey PH like this grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Aventures:
Great word of wisdom from the elder. Honestly building on budget start from land Aqcuisition. If you try to economize unreasonably on a very poor soil then you may soon loose everything.
I have a project that was put on hold because the cost of foundation is more than the cost of building superstructure.
I bet this is amongst the **I must build 4 lekki group** grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hello NL family wink
Happy Sunday to you.
Do contact us at His Grace Interiors for your p.o.p ceiling installation, wall screeding, skirting, t.v designs and related works.
We offer reasonable and affordable rates for excellent work and perfect finishing.
For more enquiries, you can reach us on +2347069462837 or hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
You can also check out our threads here on NL for different designs and posts.
A trial will surely convince you.
God bless!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
erico2k2:

You remember that our friend CQ1 I think frm Canada who's Duplex of millions nearly sank?, Damn mehn we've come a long way since page one!

My brother the journey has been long.

Your boy dey here o in case of business opportunities.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

My brother the journey has been long.

Your boy dey here o in case of business opportunities.
U relocate full time or just testing the waters as I can see U are on ground

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
No sir . Ajah . I'm not the only one building around same location , all using different suppliers but good quantity of granite as expected is supplied on this price .
Chekitaut:
where is your location, i will break it down to you. maybe the truck is manipulated you dont know.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by odiboss: 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
1170 PLOTS OF LAND FORSALE AT IBEJU LEKKI, LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA!!!
Title: Deed of Assignment and Registered Survey Plan.
PROMO PRICE: N700,000 PER PLOT.
FOR DETAILS, PLEASE CALL OR WHATSAPP: +2347066116675 (07066116675).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
erico2k2:

U relocate full time or just testing the waters as I can see U are on ground

My brother after 33 years I came back full time in March last year.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

You have done well bross, you took the bull by its horn, many people have tried and failed to take such decisions, we dey come 4 back, I'm one leg back in 9ja already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

welcome home sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Enyinne:
No sir . Ajah . I'm not the only one building around same location , all using different suppliers but good quantity of granite as expected is supplied on this price .
I can only show different if i supply you just one trip. Pay if different is clear on delivery. You can put pics of load lets discuss it or measure the length x breath x height of bucket.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
erico2k2:

QC-1 - Damn Brabus, the Joy Killer. Almost kill the guy.
Who can forget that one... millions of Naira almost goes to waste. Thank God he was able to revive the whole project by spending more millions. QC was here sometimes ago helping one of his friend not to fall into same predicament. The older Mallam Musa get, the more wahala he go see for Gate o. We don see plenty and learn from it here. God help us.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
mufutau55:

QC-1 - Damn Brabus, the Joy Killer. Almost kill the guy.
Who can forget that one... millions of Naira almost goes to waste. Thank God he was able to revive the whole project by spending more millions. QC was here sometimes ago helping one of his friend not to fall into same predicament. The older Mallam Musa get, the more wahala he go see for Gate o. We don see plenty and learn from it here. God help us.

Hajji M.

this project

https://www.nairaland.com/2486191/ikorodu-mansion-diy-report/10
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
erico2k2:

You have done well bross, you took the bull by its horn, many people have tried and failed to take such decisions, we dey come 4 back, I'm one leg back in 9ja already

Oga mi Ericko, I wan be like Egun man when I grow up o.
He made a tough decision. The more older and the longer you stayed here, the more difficult going back. I get big problem o. But God dey sha!

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
twinskenny:

this project
https://www.nairaland.com/2486191/ikorodu-mansion-diy-report/10

Yes Sir. The above was the second part of it.
The original part by Brabus was lost when Nairaland crashed those years ago and they lost their Database.
But you do remember, Oga mi.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
twinskenny:

welcome home sir

Thank you my Brother.

I thank you guys that kept a country going for us to return to. I continue to respect all of you entrepreneurs in Nigeria. It’s amazing how you manage to get anything done.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
mufutau55:

He made a tough decision. And the more older and the more you stayed here the more difficult going back. I get big problem o. But God dey sha!

Hajji M.
Yesso, nah who jst come abroad yesterday dey think say dem die here lol we need come bck 9ja, cos once you get passport thats what is left to do and kids older too

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
mufutau55:

He made a tough decision. And the more older and the more you stayed here the more difficult going back. I get big problem o. But God dey sha!

Hajji M.

You played an important part in my decision. You demonstrated to me that you can be there and still be making moves here. Buying and developing properties.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
diordaves:

Give more information. Describe the situation more. What kind of building? Half finished storey building? Is the problem occuring in the room, kitchen etc? What kind of building is this? The photos are not enough to understand what is going on.
it's a storey building. Finished. The problem is occurring in the room
Pics 1 is the bathroom directly opposite the master bedroom on the right side of the picture

Pics 2 is the master bedroom where the problem am facing.

Pics 3 is upstairs close to the roofing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.