Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377202 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ibibioson:
Please do not do any business with hsl-broker. He's a fraud and scammer. Took #3m of my money to deliver various building materials for me. It's almost a month now and nothing has been delivered. One excuse after another. Told me his father passed away. I gave him time to mourn his dad. Even why preparing for the burial, I begged him to have the materials ready that my contractor would pick them up. Just tell us where they are. He refused. If he had a legit business, he could have called his distributors and have them get the materials ready for us to pick them up without him being there. He said nothing can be done in his absence. I never thought I would experience this on nairaland. Deliver my materials is an issue, refund my money is an issue too. Roofing woodwork was done, but no roofing sheets. Now the rain has washed off the anti-termite treatment.
... WoW... shocked shocked shocked... You sent 3M to someone you met online... In "Nigeria".... Just wow.

Well go to his bank and lay a complain. His accounts will be frozen and he will be smoked out of his hole.

Just Paddy with the bank Manager. Na only him fit settle una matter laslas.

Ensure he has a good account balance worth blocking.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
@EgunMogaji, the Emperor of lbadan, you have benefitted immensely from this thread, built several houses in Nigeria, l, on behalf of Hajj Mufutau55, the President of Nairaland builders forum, request EgunMogaji to pay 500 million dollars as a gift to all regular posters / Engineers / Architects etc who have availed themselves of their wealth of information / experience / knowledge/ time on this thread

Money should be paid to this account below Stanbic bank account, account number 67345290, swift code 436, Garki branch

or alternatively you can transfer the money to Hajj Mufutau55's account, Access Bank, account Number 567432, London branch, swift code 003 United Kingdom
The count down begins now grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Carfreak966:

Hslbroker that I sent 370k for some roofing supplies since four months has locked up on my money.

Oga o!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Neweko: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
A good person can go rogue, anytime people. Due diligent people. For anyone that has lost money, God grant you wisdom and replenish.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
dejavus:
Anybody recommend Seller in Lagos for white Panel doors? Cant find a similar one in Ibadan.. (Thanks Egun I contacted your guy at Oke BOla, They didnt have what I wanted thanks.))

Something similar to the one below

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2020
Queenserah26:
I just sent you a mail sir.
I can't access the mail I used with this account.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
Abolarin91:
I think this is sepage(capillary), probably you didn't use dpm
Thank you forbyour timely response. I don't understand what CAPILLARY is or means

sir what do you suggest I do?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adequate459: 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Please,Is it advisable to use 12mm steel for gate pillar.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
AngelicBeing:
@EgunMogaji, the Emperor of lbadan, you have benefitted immensely from this thread, built several houses in Nigeria, l, on behalf of Hajj Mufutau55, the President of Nairaland builders forum, request EgunMogaji to pay 500 million dollars as a gift to all regular posters / Engineers / Architects etc who have availed themselves of their wealth of information / experience / knowledge/ time on this thread

Money should be paid to this account below Stanbic bank account, account number 67345290, swift code 436, Garki branch

or alternatively you can transfer the money to Hajj Mufutau55's account, Access Bank, account Number 567432, London branch, swift code 003 United Kingdom
The count down begins now grin

I support this post 1000%. But before you can collect any kobo, you have to rewrite this post with those your old big big grammatical English o. smiley
Egun no dey hear small English, those nah for Kobo-kobo people o. As you can see, the man is a big estate developer in Ibadan now o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2020
Pascopele:
it's a storey building. Finished. The problem is occurring in the room
Pics 1 is the bathroom directly opposite the master bedroom on the right side of the picture

Pics 2 is the master bedroom where the problem am facing.

Pics 3 is upstairs close to the roofing.

I think this may be a case of internal leakage resulting in condensation. A pipe(s) must be leaking internally. There is a source of water that is causing the condensation. Find the source (s). Heat cause the (green) algae to grow on the wall.

Get a plumber to trace the leakage. Start from the bathroom.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2020
n3xt:

Hajji lurking again grin
The project is on the last few pages of The Chateau in Ile Oluji
One of your favorite thread back then.

Thank you very much Sir. I still visit some of those your illustrative threads o. Should I say "Welcome back" incognito?

Hajji M.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
diordaves:

I think this may be a case of internal leakage resulting in condensation. A pipe(s) must be leaking internally. There is a source of water that is causing the condensation. Find the source (s). Heat cause the (green) algae to grow on the wall.

Get a plumber to trace the leakage. Start from the bathroom.
Thank you Sir. But the picture 3 is an upstairs close to he roof, could that also be a leakage.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Movement of water from the ground. I don't know the solution , but engineers here can provide solution. There is no doubt, there is no DPM on the foundation
Pascopele:
Thank you forbyour timely response. I don't understand what CAPILLARY is or means

sir what do you suggest I do?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
Abolarin91:
Movement of water from the ground. I don't know the solution , but engineers here can provide solution. There is no doubt, there is no DPM on the foundation
The picture 3 is close to the roof, more like the last block before the roof

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
@ThatHistoryGuy

Thank you for the prompt delivery of the items ordered from you. You surely get my recommendations and acollade. Kudos.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Adequate459:
Please,Is it advisable to use 12mm steel for gate pillar.
16mm bars are better because of the weight of the gate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
Pascopele:
Thank you Sir. But the picture 3 is an upstairs close to he roof, could that also be a leakage.

In that case, check the roof. The problem is very recognisable - water is getting in-between the walls. Did you use hollow blocks? This is one big disadvantage of hollow blocks. If there is a roof leakage at any point close to the level blocks, with hollow blocks, water just flow into the hollow of the block causing damp walls like you are now experiencing. But with solid blocks, the water pour directly on the walls and you see it.

This you need to know: water is getting into the walls; it may be rain water or pipes leakage. So in this instant, start from the roof. Get a roofer to certify the roof is not leaking then get a plumber

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
tonididdy:

It would have been nice if you lads backed this hilarious reminensces with some of the actual photos grin
I know right but you see, we lost all that when nairaland crshed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2020
Abbyrose:
ericko2k2
Just re-read what, you just wrote and re-evaluate the context. If I have a project that I want to contract out and ask for a quotation from 10 people. am I going to pay a token to all 10 of them?ALl established contractors have throughout the years developped a standard mechanism to evaluate cost at almost no cost.

@Muyiwaolu
I tire for our people oh. Can you imagine someone asking me to pay him first before I even consider giving him business. It is only in Nigeria that contractor's think they are doing you a favour by giving you BoQ or quotation. I remember the last time I went to USA, we went to a store called Costco, they were giving us free samples of different foods to taste just to entice customers to buy their products.And truly, we bought two products after eating the "tasty sample".
Now tell me, you are claiming that I need to pay you to promote your work. Do customers pay for advertisements? It is a different thing if you now add the cost of giving quotations to your labour after you must have gotten the contract. Please, our people need to change their approach to doing business. If you provide excellent service to your customer, they will pay your labour and even some extra as gratuity.
This is how you know the fraud from the real ones. we have them everywhere even on here if you hear some of the names we have been reminiscing since last night, about sinking houses and fallen fences, the guys involve where people who are not Engineers but pretend to be then when the job became way too technical they could not deliver and the rest was history.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2020
mufutau55:

I support this post 1000%. But before you can collect any kobo, you have to rewrite this post with those your old big big grammatical English o. smiley
Egun no dey hear small English, those nah for Kobo-kobo people o. As you can see, the man is a big estate developer in Ibadan now o.

Hajji M.
Hahaha cheesy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
rotecch77:

The issue is that here in Nigeria we do mixed things up and average Nigerian believed we are smart.
This is it if you contacted a Qus to prepared BOQ for you he or she have every write to demand for payment bcs that is profession in build industry.

But if a contract ask for payment for quotation it’s not proper,
but those that ask for such have reasons bcs some clients knows that they will go for DIY System which is allow but they just want to get those quotes to use as yard stick for bargain power with labour / mkt price of materials.
So when you know this is Reason why you needed the quotation why can’t you pay.
Consider the person needs to spent time, money before he can get the quotation ready.why can’t we just give token the person.
it’s because we believed that we are smart here in Nigeria which is a very bad attitude, we all needs to amends the way we do things so that things we goes well with us.

I agree, and this is a fact, this happens in everyday life, this is the reason you go into up to 10 shops to buy red jeans in forestry rd benin back in the days lol.No for the first bit a Qus preparing a BQQ is way different cos he is not only going to use his time, but he is also going to prepare a full document which might even involve more people. But if I am giving you an E-copy of my roof plan and you are telling me to pay you B4 you will give me a quotation then we got a problem!.even labour is done this way, I'm sure at the site you bargain too.In my line of trade, if I give a person heads up on what they need to do DIY and it comes to pass, I'm quite happy cos it bears no cost to me. If we check I am a beneficiary of this concept, I have asked for cost around PH to use as a bargaining margin to my build but as you must know, this did not reduce the volume of jobs the advice-givers had within the involved periods as we speak, In all, if the quotation is going to cost you money then fine by all means charge, if not just give it with the hope your good and honest work wins you the contract.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aheadahead20: 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
How much will be a reasonable labor to pay for installation of ;

1) WC
2) washing hand basin
3) water heater
4) kitchen sink.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
n3xt:

Hajji lurking again grin

The project is on the last few pages of The Chateau in Ile Oluji

One of your favorite thread back then.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ApostleBlack(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascopele: 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
diordaves:

In that case, check the roof. The problem is very recognisable - water is getting in-between the walls. Did you use hollow blocks? This is one big disadvantage of hollow blocks. If there is a roof leakage at any point close to the level blocks, with hollow blocks, water just flow into the hollow of the block causing damp walls like you are now experiencing. But with solid blocks, the water pour directly on the walls and you see it.

This you need to know: water is getting into the walls; it may be rain water or pipes leakage. So in this instant, start from the roof. Get a roofer to certify the roof is not leaking then get a plumber
Thank you sir for your prompt response. It was an inherited property. Do you have any one you can refer to me?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
erico2k2:

I agree, and this is a fact, this happens in everyday life, this is the reason you go into up to 10 shops to buy red jeans in forestry rd benin back in the days lol.No for the first bit a Qus preparing a BQQ is way different cos he is not only going to use his time, but he is also going to prepare a full document which might even involve more people. But if I am giving you an E-copy of my roof plan and you are telling me to pay you B4 you will give me a quotation then we got a problem!.even labour is done this way, I'm sure at the site you bargain too.In my line of trade, if I give a person heads up on what they need to do DIY and it comes to pass, I'm quite happy cos it bears no cost to me. If we check I am a beneficiary of this concept, I have asked for cost around PH to use as a bargaining margin to my build but as you must know, this did not reduce the volume of jobs the advice-givers had within the involved periods as we speak, In all, if the quotation is going to cost you money then fine by all means charge, if not just give it with the hope your good and honest work wins you the contract.

Good I agreed with you too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
Pascopele:
Thank you sir for your prompt response. It was an inherited property. Do you have any one you can refer to me?

Sorry where is your location again?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
contact me for your painting and wood work for your roofing.call or Whatsapp on 07060795767
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Queenserah26(f): 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
You can reach me on 09075297484
Pascopele:
I can't access the mail I used with this account.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
Carfreak966:

Hslbroker that I sent 370k for some roofing supplies since four months has locked up on my money.
Some people get mind sha.

As Estate Surveyor and Valuers, we are custodians of rents and we dare not get enticed to violate code of professional practice.

Client's money must not be touched

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastWeek1: 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
mufutau55:

It will make the wallpaper more smoother.

Hajji M.

ThanK you..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1483) (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: michlins(m), OnMyHonor, fashrola(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.