Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4430076 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
AngelicBeing:

I am maniacally bewildered, overgassted and flabberwhelmed at the paraplegic crinkum crankum that characterized some artisans on Nairaland property section sad

Now I know my man is back. smiley
Nah this kind one EgunMogaji understand o.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
I appreciate every1 that benefited in our buy 60tons get 15ton free. God bless u all. Offer ended, August is going to be a tough one in construction industry all due to devaluation of Naira. Our leaders tend to be our greatest enemy.

We still available for business.
GRANITE, CEMENT, IRON ROD, SHARP SAND. CONCRETE SOLUTIONS
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
gbadexy:
Just when you start getting good feedbacks and reviews on the contractors and suppliers, someone comes and set back the progress made.
While there may be explanations or excuse, communication matters in resolution and avoiding drawing wrong conclusions.
If there's a typed or written message or agreement to show transaction takes place, then if not recovery, tracing is possible for a certain fee by security agencies through the mobile phone and bank details.

This is not new with HSLBROKER. Just ask FastShipping.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2020
mufutau55:

This is not new with HSLBROKER. Just ask FastShipping.

Hajji M.
Wow sir!
Perhaps a feedback of the experience could have helped clients do their due diligence more effectively and prevented reoccurrence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
tonididdy:

... WoW... shocked shocked shocked... You sent 3M to someone you met online... In "Nigeria".... Just wow.

My brother, it is not a matter of sending big money to person you met online. It is the quality of people.
I have sent @Rotecch77 and some other people on Nairaland here much more than that and nothing negative ever happened with my money or the purchase. So, some idiots just like to spoil other good people's business. God go dey catch them one by one.

Hajji M.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tonididdy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
mufutau55:

My brother, it is not a matter of sending big money to person you met online. It is the quality of people.
I have sent @Rotecch77 and some other people on Nairaland here much more than that and nothing negative ever happened with my money or the purchase. So, some idiots just like to spoiled other good people's business. Gode go dey catch them one by one.

Hajji M.
... It was a huge risk you took.
And it payed off...

Unlike the guy I quoted wasn't so lucky.
I'd rather we meet firstly, familiarise before dishing out such huge funds.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
mufutau55:

You guys should always try to verify your buyers and suppliers in this forum. HSLBROKER has a bad reputation on this forum. He used to be a reputable person until money-monger entered his mind. Search his name from old post. Due delligence is necessary for that kind of big money. I hope you guys locate him o.

Hajji M.

If I may add.

Please don’t be shy in asking questions and DM if need be.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
mufutau55:

I have sent @Rotecch77 and some other people on Nairaland here much more than that and nothing negative ever happened with my money or the purchase. So, some idiots just like to spoiled other good people's business. Gode go dey catch them one by one.

Hajji M.

True Sir.

Earlier this week I sent Gazzuzz N500K to act as an escrow to a phone purchase on here. The deal fell apart because the seller wouldn’t agree to his exacting escrow demand. I was going to keep the money with him in case another deal came up. Man returned my money within minutes and without me even asking. I’ve never met him in my life though we’ve spoken and chatted on WhatsApp over the years.

There are good people on here. It’s just the few bad perpetrators that abound.

HSL will come on here soon enough with a poppycock song and dance. Beg for forgiveness in the name of Jesus. Blame it on some issue with health or bank snaffle. All will be forgotten. Rinse and repeat.

How many people has Spyder880 built homes fit or sold land to? I’m sure many of them are in the diaspora and haven’t met all of them. AFAIK the man has an unblemished record on here.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 1:08am On Jul 29, 2020
I have said this here before and I will repeat it again.

Lots of this payment and contractor dont deliver could just be resolved with honesty and good communication.. when someone pay you for a job or service ..

whatever the reason is, your wife in the hospital, your mothers elder brother in the hospital whatever it is... just communicate to your client or supplier right away.. hey john doe fyi, my wife just delivered, I am busy now .... give me few days let me get my wife and kid back and will finish your job or procure your materials .

The transporter I used for waybill ., I am having issues with them.... I am working on it... sending police report, emails to the company and or what's app conversation to the client, dont wait until the client is mad and upset and you start with your sob story, at this time the story will sound unbelievable.

Hmm... I don't owe people that worked for me. I have used Nairalanders on a big job without seeing them or talking to them.. because I know for sure.. DARE to dupe me, I will pursue you in any corner of this earth and my expenses is added to the debt..

There's this one nairalander that I commissioned for a project and even paid for but haven't delivered on the project since last year.. hmmm
In their mind they think they have "guyed" me. But a guy cannot guy a guyaoyo. I am too busy to pursue that now but the interest is piling up for them, I will soon be ready.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:37am On Jul 29, 2020
tonididdy:

... It was a huge risk you took.
And it payed off...
Unlike the guy I quoted wasn't so lucky.
I'd rather we meet firstly, familiarise before dishing out such huge funds.

The guy was unlucky not because he never met HSLBROKER, but because the supplier was no good.
I have dealt with many on this forum and I have never met any of them. Many have now become my personal friend that we talk several times per week both by voice call or Whatsapp. Some people are just bad period.
And they will come and be blaming things on the devil.
God save us from them.

Hajji M.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 5:31am On Jul 29, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

My brother after 33 years I came back full time in March last year.

You get heart Egun

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:50am On Jul 29, 2020
Badgers14:
How much would a water tank cost?

Water tank for upto six 750 gallons.

Materials plus installation.

Cc: michlins
I believe these are exactly what you want. Why not contact me on 07032fourofur6904. I have tried getting across to you via email but you aren't responding. We can have a detailed and concise costing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:55am On Jul 29, 2020
mufutau55:

Thank you very much Sir. I still visit some of those your illustrative threads o. Should I say "Welcome back" incognito?

Hajji M.

That’s the essence of those threads. They were all there for reference purpose and you won’t believe how helpful they’ve been.

I pop in once a while when people point my attention to some of the stuffs we did back then just to check them out.

For me, I believe there are no perfect circumstance to learn. “Good” or “Bad” we always learn. It’s always good to keep records and that’s something most of those great threads have done.

Kudos to everyone!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gentleswift(m): 6:00am On Jul 29, 2020
Please what is the estimated cost of fencing a one plot of land in Shagam
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:09am On Jul 29, 2020
mufutau55:

The guy was unlucky not because he never met HSLBROKER, but because the supplier was no good.
I have dealt with many on this forum and I have never met any of them. Many have now become my personal friend that we talk several times per week both by voice call or Whatsapp. Some people are just bad period.
And they will come and be blaming things on the devil.
God save us from them.

Hajji M.

How about people getting contractors reference before getting into any deal with them? Or creating a review thread (abi it’s post or page we call it. I’ve forgotten a lot about Nairaland) and getting customers to give their rating or probably share their experience.

It doesn’t have to be filled with too many unnecessary ads/posts/project/enquiries. I pray people are able to keep it that way �

Also, DIYers/Homeowners shouldn’t be in a rush to engage contractors online. Always do your due diligence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:30am On Jul 29, 2020
mufutau55:

I have sent @Rotecch77 and some other people on Nairaland here much more than that and nothing negative ever happened with my money or the purchase. So, some idiots just like to spoil other good people's business. God go dey catch them one by one.

Hajji M.

Thanks much sir may God continue to be with you and the rest of Good people here too.
As you said sir, I don’t know 95pec of my client and still deliver with God by my side same with others good people here.

The true is that if you are from GOOD HOME it will surely reflect in your attitude.
I could remember this is not the second time the issue of scam with the guy will comes up here, it now shows the type of person he is.

It’s never a crime to have a deal with someone without meeting the person for once
It’s only a block-head and heartless human being will think of squander client money immediately the money get to his or her hand,

What is the problem with we black men( mostly. We Nigerian) why are we like who did this to us

Most of this scam issue do emanate from vendors and building professionals here,
Why can’t we always respect the contract btw us and the clients .
If you know you can’t deliver the good or a project it better you didn’t take the job or the supply, when-money exchange hand then story will start,
you are sick, you have accident, someone died.
All this your wishing your self will SURELY happen to you if that is your way to scam people of there hard earn money.

We still have OLD members which are very good with good reputations for the passed many yrs. Why can’t people emulate these good people like:
Gbadex
Segsymoore
Secgsy 14
Darenxy
Skimaski
Aventure
Olumideforchrist
Spyder
Kenny
Topsy
Kolashangeone.
Endiasammy
Dennis 3D
Money 121
Etc
And some good newbie here now

Dubious characters can never lead you to promise land you will surely FAILED if that his your aims in dealing with client.

Bcs good thing shall follow good people
And bad things shall follow bad people
Unless you repent now and pay back all people you have fraud. This is general warning/ advise to all dubious people.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:59am On Jul 29, 2020
rotecch77:

Thanks much sir may God continue to be with you and the rest of Good people here too.
As you said sir, I don’t know 95pec of my client and still deliver with God by my side same with others good people here.

The true is that if you are from GOOD HOME it will surely reflect in your attitude.
I could remember this is not the second time the issue of scam with the guy will comes up here, it now shows the type of person he is.

It’s never a crime to have a deal with someone without meeting the person for once
It’s only a block-head and heartless human being will think of squander client money immediately the money get to his or her hand,

What is the problem with we black men( mostly. We Nigerian) why are we like who did this to us

Most of this scam issue do emanate from vendors and building professionals here,
Why can’t we always respect the contract btw us and the clients .
If you know you can’t deliver the good or a project it better you didn’t take the job or the supply, when-money exchange hand then story will start,
you are sick, you have accident, someone died.
All this your wishing your self will SURELY happen to you if that is your way to scam people of there hard earn money.

We still have OLD members which are very good with good reputations for the passed many yrs. Why can’t people emulate these good people like:
Gbadex
Segsymoore
Secgsy 14
Darenxy
Skimaski
Aventure
Olumideforchrist
Spyder
Kenny
Topsy
Kolashangeone.
Endiasammy
Etc
And some good newbie here now

Dubious characters can never lead you to promise land you will surely FAILED if that his your aims in dealing with client.

Bcs good thing shall follow good people
And bad things shall follow bad people
Unless you repent now and pay back all people you have fraud. This is general warning/ advise to all dubious people.

Am sure you forget to add my name on that good list pls edit and add Money121 God no go shame Us ooo
Continue with ur Good Deed God No go shame us...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2020
Ibibioson:
Please do not do any business with hsl-broker. He's a fraud and scammer. Took #3m of my money to deliver various building materials for me. It's almost a month now and nothing has been delivered. One excuse after another. Told me his father passed away. I gave him time to mourn his dad. Even why preparing for the burial, I begged him to have the materials ready that my contractor would pick them up. Just tell us where they are. He refused. If he had a legit business, he could have called his distributors and have them get the materials ready for us to pick them up without him being there. He said nothing can be done in his absence. I never thought I would experience this on nairaland. Deliver my materials is an issue, refund my money is an issue too. Roofing woodwork was done, but no roofing sheets. Now the rain has washed off the anti-termite treatment.
All is well..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 7:11am On Jul 29, 2020
aheadahead20:

Still on this.. please help

Sir good morning,how many toilet do you want to install all this sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:17am On Jul 29, 2020
money121:

Am sure you forget to add my name on that good list pls edit and add Money121 God no go shame Us ooo
Continue with ur Good Deed God No go shame us...

Lol
This my friend.
You dey the list now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:24am On Jul 29, 2020
Dennis3D:

Lol
This my friend.
You dey the list now.

My people my people I hail you all , well we all will surely get there

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 7:26am On Jul 29, 2020
Good Name is much more better in millions times than Gold and silver but some people dont know that...the guy has really spoiled his reputation...let's maintain our integrity..God no go shame us.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jimbiz(m): 7:28am On Jul 29, 2020
I'm into stamped concrete flooring and interlocks all very affordable and I do travel to get the job done across the country.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 29, 2020
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

True talk sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:46am On Jul 29, 2020
Jimbiz:
I'm into stamped concrete flooring and interlocks all very affordable and I do travel to get the job done across the country.

Is the first pic your work?

I’m going to need a small patio done for now in Ibadan. How do you charge?

Thanks.

PS: Sorry but I hope you’re an actual worker as I don’t work with ‘Arrangee’ people.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jimbiz(m): 7:53am On Jul 29, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I don't work with arrangee people Sir. The pictures I posted are my jobs.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry but I hope you’re an actual worker as I don’t work with ‘Arrangee’ people.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jimbiz(m): 7:54am On Jul 29, 2020
The pics are my jobs and I'm always working with my hands
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

It's on a case by case basis.

I am about six plots away from a river (uphill) and my current bricklayer has never brought up the issue of water. I noticed that it is slowing them down so I will be buying a gasoline powered pump to get water to them starting tomorrow as we're gearing up to do a build.

On this matter, I want to buy the pump this week. Any personal recommendations on which to get or what to look out for?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:04am On Jul 29, 2020
Jimbiz:

What’s your rate?

I have a small project in Ibadan. A before, during and after pics of any of the project above won’t be a bad idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by landcartel: 8:24am On Jul 29, 2020
A roofer is needed to correct a leaking roof in Toll-gate, Sango area of Ogun State. Please reply with your call/whatsapp number.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:30am On Jul 29, 2020
mufutau55:

Now I know my man is back. smiley
Nah this kind one EgunMogaji understand o.

Hajji M.
My apologies, as I didn’t intend to deliberately mystify my audience in a portmanteau of conundrum grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.