Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4431869 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:15am On Sep 14, 2020
jabolo:

I see, a few pages back, Gbadexy offered you a collabo. I would jump on it if I were you, if only to learn how to better communicate with potential clients.

You may be in the right but this tone will put me off as a potential client, in what is a simple case of miscommunication.

Good luck.
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. If you have anything you want to discuss with me, kindly contact me and we will definitely arrive at something

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 12:20am On Sep 14, 2020
@ muyi002 pls what is the thickness of the half DPC and is it compulsory to use dpm
Muyi002:

What I did was half dpc with DPM put round the tip blocks. See attached for why I meant as half DPC.

It was later I floored the building. The cost is also captured.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 1:25am On Sep 14, 2020
jabolo:

I see, a few pages back, Gbadexy offered you a collabo. I would jump on it if I were you, if only to learn how to better communicate with potential clients.

You may be in the right but this tone will put me off as a potential client, in what is a simple case of miscommunication.

Good luck.

Man, please give this guy a break. Not many people would stand the rough test they put him through here.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 14, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 2:33am On Sep 14, 2020
mrsteel:
Please if u are a vendor here, so long u have no intention to defraud people, do not let anyone intimidate u or call u any unprintable names. No one have the right to call u fraud, if no fraud case has been presented against u by any member here. Because u seek patronage doesn't mean u should accept any bullshit thrown at u.

God bless you.
Some people's mouth here are so wide that they talk people anyhow with so much disrespect. Very shameful act.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:38am On Sep 14, 2020
dongc:
Best Aluminium or First Aluminium....top players....

Correct!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:41am On Sep 14, 2020
omanzo02:

Do they have sales points nationwide?

I can’t really ascertain that but you can send them an email/message on their website.

I’ve always had to deal with Ikeja office every time I had to use them.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:49am On Sep 14, 2020
dongc:
Best Aluminium or First Aluminium....top players....

And they’ve kept a high level of performance.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:54am On Sep 14, 2020
oduncojamaica:
@ muyi002 pls what is the thickness of the half DPC and is it compulsory to use dpm

In my opinion DPM is really cheap not to be considered. Especially when compared to the benefit.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:57am On Sep 14, 2020
bobkezel:

To go off grid is expensive, else all of us would have...

It’s really expensive to go completely off-grid.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:03am On Sep 14, 2020
RipVanWink:

Wow, that cheap.
How come its cheaper than "asbestos"
Or couuld someone confirm the price of the old ceiling board calleed asbestos in nigeria.
Cc Egunmogaji

Pop is out of it, as itss an old village house, being renovated, it could leak or something happen.
Any suspended ceiling installer in imo state??

Also the roof is shed roof, so no space inside the roof to enter and work. I hope it wont be an issue, as i recall seeing suspended ceilings inside caravans.

I’ll have to look at my spreadsheet in the morning but I think we paid N2K per panel of the asbestos type material.

Personally I wouldn’t use suspended ceiling in a residence but that’s personal decision. There’s an alternative to POP but I don’t know the name. I’ll pick up a few pieces tomorrow as a test and post feedback.

In any of these things installation and done by proper artisans and not by dolts that can’t construct stuff like proper staircase without screwing it all up.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 4:04am On Sep 14, 2020
mufutau55:

This rail is marvelous.

Hahji M.

Indeed, it is. I couldn't take my eyes off it yesterday. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:12am On Sep 14, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
In regards to solar, I recommend to my customers that they shouldn't go off grid as a first step because it will be overwhelmingly expensive.

A good start is a hybrid inverter with matching panels and batteries to power devices from dusk to dawn. With a hybrid inverter you can still plug in NEPA and/or generator - the system I sell manages the most effective connection for you.

So you can use NEPA during the day and then switch to full solar at dusk (programable).

Then as time and funds goes on you can start adding panels and batteries. At the same time you can start reducing your consumption. For example changing your devices to more efficient ones. Lights bulbs to lower wattages, etc

The best thing about solar is its upgradability and scalability.

In 8 years, I am still going off-grid.

Installing solar panels on the roof and few batteries does not mean that one is off the grid.

There are homes that function very well off-grid with smaller and less expensive solar and storage systems. These houses are highly energy efficient and require very little energy for heating or cooling.

Even with this, you still have to find a way to reduce your daily consumption.

A ballpark figure to go completely off-grid will be around N4,000,000+ for a 4 bedroom bungalow.

Going off-grid is less about cutting the cord but improving resiliency.

_____
My madam had A1 in managing energy consumption grin

Even 12 DC bulbs aren’t cheap yet. I had a few on my fence hooked to a 12V battery bank which also power the gate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:17am On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

It’s really expensive to go completely off-grid.

And that’s the reason why most haven’t converted to solar.

People assume that they have to generate the same energy that they use with NEPA.

I offer and personally use a 5Kva hybrid system and most households in my opinion should be able to operate on that IF they truly want to cuddle renewable energy.

Could I go off grid now? I probably can but NEPA is cheap (prepaid meter) and rather efficient here. I’m on solar as a Prepper.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 4:19am On Sep 14, 2020
jabolo:

Good luck.

You read through me. The response made me froze!
In Naija, it's ok.
But in Diaspora with the intention of giving someone you hardly met a job, you feel you just rammed into a brick wall. My first ever real job on this thread, no thanks to misinterpretations.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:24am On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

A ballpark figure to go completely off-grid will be around N4,000,000+ for a 4 bedroom bungalow.

So we can see that the used Mikano dealer will still be in business for a long time cheesy

But then back in California the state gives you a rebate on solar products and the power company gives you rebate on efficient devices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:40am On Sep 14, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

So we can see that the used Mikano dealer will still be in business for a long time cheesy

Sure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:14am On Sep 14, 2020
Bought 200 Cement at N3,000 (incld’g delivery) in Ibadan yesterday.

Got same offer, Greenville Badore but yet to be supplied.

30 Tons Stonedust (Ibadan) - N72,000 yesternight.

I can understand price increase for imported goods. What I can’t understand is the price increase even for those materials in which the country is self-sufficient.

How have you been coping with the rising cost of materials at your end?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:19am On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

I can understand price increase for imported goods. What I can’t understand is the price increase even for those materials in which the country is self-sufficient.

I paid N3,100 including delivery for 25 bags. Wanted to buy more but was rationed. That was a N500 per bag increase for me.

I now understand why you guys build a site storage store. I’m already looking for a 20” container to use for that.

What hurt me more was the lower exchange rate angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:39am On Sep 14, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I paid N3,100 including delivery for 25 bags. Wanted to buy more but was rationed. That was a N500 per bag increase for me.

I now understand why you guys build a site storage store. I’m already looking for a 20” container to use for that.

What hurt me more was the lower exchange rate angry

That’s the situation right now. We were lucky to get the 200 bags.

Experience has shown me that it’s always better to buy in bulk. It’s safer and cheaper in the long run if you want to avoid cost overrun.

I had to invest in a mobile storage for this cos the cost of building storage facility aren’t cheap too angry

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 5:48am On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

The instability in the prices of materials is very discouraging. Upon reading baba eegun's comment about possible increase in price, I immediately called chekitout if he could supply 120 bags but he told me that he was not available at that time. I was able to buy 100 bags from the neighborhood, at the rate of 2,650 before they stopped selling to us, based on suspicion.
My target is 200 bags. I'll see if we can get more today, before they hike the price in Abeokuta.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 6:06am On Sep 14, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

But then back in California the state gives you a rebate on solar products and the power company gives you rebate on efficient devices.

For uninformed people, or hotels.
Its a no brainer using generator in this day and age by an avg nigerian.
I detest gen noise.

Part of the reason is that the renewable energy biz juust like other sectors in nigeria is unregulated.
Clowns fronting as installerrs, who make a mess of things, making people to believe solar doesnt work.

My folks the in the village has been hving 247 light since 2013 or so all thanks to solar, as phcn is non existent there.
4 batts, 8 panels, 1.5kva inverter.
Fridge runs 8am to 4.30pm daily, controlled by timer socket

@ 20ft container, am interested as well, prices am seeing are quite discouraging, plus transport cost. As lagos seems to be the epicenter

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:14am On Sep 14, 2020
earthrealm:

I detest gen noise.

Part of the reason is that the renewable energy biz juust like other sectors in nigeria is unregulated.
Clowns fronting as installerrs, who make a mess of things, making people to believe solar doesnt work.

My folks the in the village has been hving 247 light since 2013 or so all thanks to solar, as phcn is non existent there.
4 batts, 8 panels, 1.5kva inverter.
Fridge runs 8am to 4.30pm daily, controlled by timer socket

@ 20ft container, am interested as well, prices am seeing are quite discouraging, plus transport cost. As lagos seems to be the epicenter

Intellectual discussions is one of the many reasons I love this platform.

I know I’m putting one up pretty soon on my ongoing project. I’d be happy to share.

____
I think I saw a thread where a guy advertised 20ft container for 300k or less, can’t remember. It was recent. I’ll check now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:17am On Sep 14, 2020

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:19am On Sep 14, 2020
MrOkenwa:

The instability in the prices of materials is very discouraging. Upon reading baba eegun's comment about possible increase in price, I immediately called chekitout if he could supply 120 bags but he told me that he was not available at that time. I was able to buy 100 bags from the neighborhood, at the rate of 2,650 before they stopped selling to us, based on suspicion.
My target is 200 bags. I'll see if we can get more today, before they hike the price in Abeokuta.

I pray you get it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:24am On Sep 14, 2020
earthrealm:

I detest gen noise.

We’re currently converting a hotel design into mini flats. We completed the carcass during the lockdown before the client took a U-Turn on the original design.

Reason: Running Cost

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 6:52am On Sep 14, 2020
coldcandy:

300k may not put you off grid except its a minishop or one room apartment without fridge or AC.
The Inverter shud be about 70k.
How many batteries?
How many panels?
Cost of other accessories....
it all dependent on your pocket size.
1 battery
2 panels
Accessories maybe 50k. I use inverter AC and it carries my Washing machine. It not the size of your apartment, usage is key.

During the day, I only use tv especially during cold weather, all lights are off during the day, you use light when you need it. The AC works for maximum 6hrs and then I cool off with the fan.

It a 3-bedroom apartment.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 6:53am On Sep 14, 2020
[/quote][/b]
n3xt:

wow!!!! N72,000 for 30tons of stone dust, that's very cheap compared to the amount we pay for 30tons of stone dust here In Ilorin.

In Ilorin here 5tons of stone dust goes for N13,000 minus transport, so we buy 30tons for 78k+ transport 30k =108k for 30tons in Ilorin.

how did you go about buying 30tons of stone dust for 72k in Ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 6:56am On Sep 14, 2020
Badgers14:

Did you forget to upload the quote?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2020
oduncojamaica:

The thickness if the half dpc is 4inches. Yes it is advisable to add DPM to it for a good result.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ebukamatth(m): 7:17am On Sep 14, 2020
RipVanWink:
So trying to put ceiling in a kobo kobo project.
Its btw pvc and "asbestos".
I dislike pvc, but it appears cheaper than asbestos.
I am yet to do a market survey, but heard 1 board is 1.2m x 1.2m about 3k.
Have not measured the area, but sitting rm is 14 x 12ft, 3 br 12 x 12ft, toilet kitchen, bathroom 8ft x 8ft.
Veranda has 3 sections 10ft x 7ft, 10ft x 7ft and 16ft x 7ft.
Can someone give me a fair cost for labour and materials.

Also electrical wiring, whats a fair figure for workmanship..
3br bungalow imo state

I can help you out with electrical wiring
Have you done the piping?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:27am On Sep 14, 2020
I really don’t know why and how. I just knew 72k is fair price to pay for a 30 tons stonedust in Ibadan. I paid 70k last week.

My client is not a “yahoo boy” nor a “senator.”

BIGGIE121:

wow!!!! N72,000 for 30tons of stone dust, that's very cheap compared to the amount we pay for 30tons of stone dust here In Ilorin.

In Ilorin here 5tons of stone dust goes for N13,000 minus transport, so we buy 30tons for 78k+ transport 30k =108k for 30tons in Ilorin.

how did you go about buying 30tons of stone dust for 72k in Ibadan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1606) (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AjiBussu(m), erico2k2(m), Shady92(m), saydfact(m), creflo22 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.