Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4431916 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:47am On Sep 14, 2020
MrOkenwa:

The instability in the prices of materials is very discouraging. Upon reading baba eegun's comment about possible increase in price, I immediately called chekitout if he could supply 120 bags but he told me that he was not available at that time. I was able to buy 100 bags from the neighborhood, at the rate of 2,650 before they stopped selling to us, based on suspicion.
My target is 200 bags. I'll see if we can get more today, before they hike the price in Abeokuta.

Beware of making upfront payment/deposit in time like this though to avoid stories that touch.

This is the time when the delivery truck get spoilt on the road or the machine they’re using to produce cement need maintenance and they’ve called engineers from Singapore to come and fix it.

Buy whatever quantity you can see if the price is good.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:51am On Sep 14, 2020
Leezah:
it all dependent on your pocket size.
1 battery
2 panels
Accessories maybe 50k. I use inverter AC and it carries my Washing machine. It not the size of your apartment, usage is key.

During the day, I only use tv especially during cold weather, all lights are off during the day, you use light when you need it. The AC works for maximum 6hrs and then I cool off with the fan.

It a 3-bedroom apartment.

Pls do you mind sharing the contact of your supplier/installer with me.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:07am On Sep 14, 2020
jabolo:

I see, a few pages back, Gbadexy offered you a collabo. I would jump on it if I were you, if only to learn how to better communicate with potential clients.

You may be in the right but this tone will put me off as a potential client, in what is a simple case of miscommunication.

Good luck.
My able chairman, you are correct sir. I guess the heavy scrutiny took it's toll on him.
As bad as it may seem, such close scrutiny and feedbacks would help sanitize this thread as intending fraudsters and pretenders would find it difficult to stay.
I don't know anything in building except paint and allied products. His offer sounds great but I want to follow him and understand more about the grades and the materials so that I can have a solid information to give interested people.
I would however make payment for one door to be given to any builder that is interested in confirming the effectiveness of the door.
I don't have a doubt his clients are already in waiting.
Lest I forget, I appreciate you greatly sir.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sylviaunusual(f): 8:26am On Sep 14, 2020
I have a 300acre land for sale in Lagos... In need of freelancers/buyers/developers. Its a huge deal, interested persons can contact me for more enquiries; 08167520447.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2020
mufutau55:

How much do you think 5kva and 10kva will cost? I mean the whole equipments. Hybrid, Inverter & NEPA & Generator. Thanks.

@kiekie1
@EgunMogaji2

Hajji M.
Sir Hybrid! I will Google it. Attached is the picture of mine.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 8:30am On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

Pls do you mind sharing the contact of your supplier/installer with me.

bds@nexthomebuilder.com

Thanks.
Mr Aliu 0703 672 9022 installer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2020
mufutau55:

How much do you think 5kva and 10kva will cost? I mean the whole equipments. Hybrid, Inverter & NEPA & Generator. Thanks.

@kiekie1
@EgunMogaji2

Hajji M.

Contact,
Smartcell global services
Call:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:34am On Sep 14, 2020
Concrete Sphere: After 7 Days Curing

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2020
Leezah:
Mr Aliu 0703 672 9022 installer.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2020
FLASH SALES!

Multipower lead carbon 200a 12v battery .....125k

Contact,
Call:: 081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2020
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N15,000
12v 150a.......N11,000
12v 100a.......N7,500
2v 500a.......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please I want you all to know that I'm very greatful for making my birthday an awesome experience yesterday.

In that vein,a Nairalander just paid for a single door. Anyone that needs it should kindly indicate his location so I can send it to him for him to check out my work

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 9:12am On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

Beware of making upfront payment/deposit in time like this though to avoid stories that touch.

This is the time when the delivery truck get spoilt on the road or the machine they’re using to produce cement need maintenance and they’ve called engineers from Singapore to come and fix it.

Buy whatever quantity you can see if the price is good.
Noted Sir. grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2020
Pls what brand did u buy that hv lasted this long. My neighbor bought panels and inverter that carries Ac and fridge but it never last up to 6months . Pls any recommendation on brand .
earthrealm:

For uninformed people, or hotels.
Its a no brainer using generator in this day and age by an avg nigerian.
I detest gen noise.

Part of the reason is that the renewable energy biz juust like other sectors in nigeria is unregulated.
Clowns fronting as installerrs, who make a mess of things, making people to believe solar doesnt work.

My folks the in the village has been hving 247 light since 2013 or so all thanks to solar, as phcn is non existent there.
4 batts, 8 panels, 1.5kva inverter.
Fridge runs 8am to 4.30pm daily, controlled by timer socket

@ 20ft container, am interested as well, prices am seeing are quite discouraging, plus transport cost. As lagos seems to be the epicenter

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2020
mufutau55:

@kiekie1
@EgunMogaji2

Hajji M.

Hajj, I see he didn't answer your question but instead opened the floodgates for adverts. Please beat him for us.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 9:47am On Sep 14, 2020
Pls madam , what brand did u buy that u hv used for 8yrs . I'm interested.
Leezah:
it all dependent on your pocket size.
1 battery
2 panels
Accessories maybe 50k. I use inverter AC and it carries my Washing machine. It not the size of your apartment, usage is key.

During the day, I only use tv especially during cold weather, all lights are off during the day, you use light when you need it. The AC works for maximum 6hrs and then I cool off with the fan.

It a 3-bedroom apartment.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:51am On Sep 14, 2020
mufutau55:

Please!!! Some ppl in obodo make it work than those resident. Not just by signature but by action.
I dont need anyone coming after me o, just saying the fact. I will not elaborate either. Thank you.

@saydfact

Hajji M.

Boss... we must say - d - fact whether it sweet or bitter... grin grin grin OK, we fit coat am with honey at time.... I loyal
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2020
Congratulations grin
michlins:
Good morning everyone. Please I want you all to know that I'm very greatful for making my birthday an awesome experience yesterday.

In that vein,a Nairalander just paid for a single door. Anyone that needs it should kindly indicate his location so I can send it to him for him to check out my work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2020
mufutau55:

@kiekie1
@EgunMogaji2

Hajji M.

The price varies wildly. You have N250K Chinese inverters and also N2M German inverters occupying same sales space.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2020
Moda1:
Pls madam , what brand did u buy that u hv used for 8yrs . I'm interested.

I’m pretty sure that some components must have been replaced.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2020
jabolo:

Hajj, I see he didn't answer your question but instead opened the floodgates for adverts. Please beat him for us.

On top all the e-beatings that my “friends” think gave me yesterday? grin cheesy

I don’t and will never sell on Nairaland and I didn’t want to state prices.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2020
Moda1:
Pls what brand did u buy that hv lasted this long. My neighbor bought panels and inverter that carries Ac and fridge but it never last up to 6months . Pls any recommendation on brand .

Did you call the seller? There should be warranty.

2 years 100% unlimited warranty and prorated for additional 3 years and then remaining 5 years factory warranty is my structure.

Nigerians like to blame Buhari but they are just as worse. Imagine someone selling you a product that doesn’t last 6 months sad angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 10:48am On Sep 14, 2020
Moda1:

I suspect ypur neighbours own failed cos of overloading.
He probablly had only 4 batteries and put ac on it.
8 x 12v x 200ah batteries is the minimum size of batteey you shud have b4 thinking of ac.

Its like using 2001 camry to tow a truck, it will tow the truck ok, but be prepared To replace gear box and or engine after that

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2020
earthrealm:

I suspect ypur neighbours own failed cos of overloading.
He probablly had only 4 batteries and put ac on it.
8 x 12v x 200ah batteries is the minimum size of batteey you shud have b4 thinking of ac.

Its like using 2001 camry to tow a truck, it will tow the truck ok, but be prepared To replace gear box and or engine after that

This brings up another interesting point.

Owners needs to pay attention to solar equipment more than a generator. For gen you just change oil and you're done, maybe air filter once in a while. But for solar you need to watch the alarms and interpret, monitor the harvesting, for lead acid batteries top up the water, etc Not daunting but those that just install the solar system and forget about it usually have issues.

The cheap inverters might not have overload protection, battery level monitoring, etc and the reason why I like hybrid inverters is that if push comes to show you can always fire your gen to charge the batteries. Nothing kills a battery faster than not properly charging them or letting them run down to zero.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2020
n3xt:

I really don’t know why and how. I just knew 72k is fair price to pay for a 30 tons stonedust in Ibadan. I paid 70k last week.

My client is not a “yahoo boy” nor a “senator.”

is it for the stone dust only or including transport??

whether the client is rich or not, that's the normal amount we buy stone dust here in Ilorin , please I.want to know how much you bought yours per bucket??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaba0803(m): 10:59am On Sep 14, 2020
Call /WhatsApp 08118888592 For you pick up and delivery services
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2020
mrsteel:

My brother seems u are new to this thread?
Can u stop wasting your time on those two empty things? Do not let what they say move u oo. They are full of mouth! Continue marketing your work, those that will patronise will do so. Don't waste your time trying to convince engunmoaji & brabus(next), they have nothing to offer u. If u were here when this thread started, u would know those two! If u like, continue wasting your time on them, na u sabi.

Those that patronize vendors here don't make noise about it!

in as much as I agree with what u said but I differ on brabus(next), he hasn't said anything bad so far and is even encouraging the guy to keep his head up.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2020
diordaves:

I think you are having a rough and unjustified rough patch and ride. From most of the post directed at you, it is not difficult to see you are being cyber bullied. This is no longer crytical analysis. This is bulling.

I have followed your dignified responses and I wish to offer my support to your effort and encourage you in finding honest enterprise.

You answered and supplied all requested information eloquently and some have turned around and use this against you. How can a common welder speak and write so eloquently. Don't be discouraged na Naija way. Superiority complex with some Nigerians na 5 and 6.

You post pictures, no you must post from cloud. You post concept designs, no you must post all doors from one location. It is never enough. Don't be discouraged. Life is a science. If you are out for honest enterprise, trust me, success will find you. And it will be like magic.

You have not done anything wrong in your response to queries concerning your work so I openly condem any unfounded labeling you as fraudulent. I stand by you and support you in finding honest enterprise.

I recognise you are a human being. I recognise you are trying to find honest enterprise. So be encouraged.

We all need a break or two and a kind (Chi) kindred spirit to make it in life. Say "yes" and your chi will say yes. Those whose palm karnel has been cracked by a benevolent spirit, should not forget to be humble (and kind).

Happy Birthday and many happy returns.

God bless you plenty and it's not like the bully wants to engage him at all. That they are priveleged doesn't mean life ends there, I can imagine how he treats people that works for him in reality if he does this on a faceless forum.
life na jeje oh!

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 11:51am On Sep 14, 2020
Sir , do u sell solar inverter and panels
EgunMogaji2:

Did you call the seller? There should be warranty.

2 years 100% unlimited warranty and prorated for additional 3 years and then remaining 5 years factory warranty is my structure.

Nigerians like to blame Buhari but they are just as worse. Imagine someone selling you a product that doesn’t last 6 months sad angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:55am On Sep 14, 2020
Moda1:
Sir , do u sell solar inverter and panels

Yes but my focus is on government and commercial entities. I can help answer general questions though. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Billions123, Shady92(m), Geekop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.