Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384402 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:14pm On May 28, 2021
diordaves:

This is so true especially for completed buildings designed to personal taste. However, a plot of land will liquidate faster and better than a completed building. A piece of land is seen as a blank canvas so buyers are free to decide what should be built or be done to the land. So a plot of land will shift faster than a luxury home. Commercial buildings or buildings with the potentials to be repurposed to a commercial outfit will also shift faster.

But you are right and I'm with you on this. "The situation in Nigeria now is a very big challenge even for Economists."

This is my current palaver. I am only getting showings from folks interested in using it as a school grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:54pm On May 28, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
This issue is a dicey one. Real estate may store value but how easily can it be liquidated? With the rate of inflation skyrocketing, a house valued at N100m may stay months or even years in the market without buyers. I watched a documentary about some folks who had their houses listed for sale about 5 years ago without buyers even after heavy discounts. If owners want to match rent to high cost of building materials, their units will remain vacant because income is not rising with inflation.

The situation in Nigeria now is a very big challenge even for Economists.
/
each time I visit this thread, I learn something new. The caliber of discussion happening here no be small.

Look at how you explained the sad situation

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:03pm On May 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

This is my current palaver. I am only getting showings from folks interested in using it as a school grin

Repurpose as a school is a really bright idea if the catchment demographic is right. YOU can even latch on to the idea of a school, to be honest.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:44pm On May 28, 2021
diordaves:

Repurpose as a school is a really bright idea if the catchment demographic is right. YOU can even latch on to the idea of a school, to be honest.

We’ve been debating that. One of my Sister In Laws is a teaching graduate.

We’ll see.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:23pm On May 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

We’ve been debating that. One of my Sister In Laws is a teaching graduate.

We’ll see.

Before you get started, one expo. Small private school business in Nigeria is "entrepreneur focused." What this means is parents (customers) tend to follow the principle (entrepreneur) and not necessarily the physical school. A modest physical structure ( your house) will only facilitate to establish a brand (Your sister in law).
Whenever she decides to move on, the parents would follow her, especially if she is moving to another convenient location. Your physical structure might not retain enough customers (parents).
Are you ready to get involved in the day to day running of the business where you would become familiarized with parents and be sure to create the needed PR?
It sounds like starting another career after retirement.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:52pm On May 28, 2021
sonnie10:

Before you get started, one expo. Small private school business in Nigeria is "entrepreneur focused." What this means is parents (customers) tend follow the principle (entrepreneur) and not necessarily the physical school. A modest physically structure ( your house) will only facilitate to establish a brand (Your sister in law).
When ever she decides to move on, the parents would follow her, especially if she is moving to another convenient location. You physical structure might not retain enough customers (parents).
Are you ready to get involved in the day to day running of the business where you would become familiarized with parents and be sure to create the needed PR?
It sounds like starting another career after retirement.

Thanks for the enlightenment. Really grateful.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 7:13pm On May 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Excellent.

It’s not always about the cheapest quote.

Baba True Talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sofiscatedmoron: 7:51pm On May 28, 2021
dbshaywhy:
Hello, goog morning professionals in the house, wants to make enquiries on my newly done solar inverter.

The solar was installed on Friday morning;

2 pcs of 200W PV
12/24 40a Mg-43l solar charge controller
850Va Nexus inverter.
2 pcs of 12v 100ah sunfit deep cycle dry cell battery.

What I realise so far are;

When the battery level is full (4 bar) its usually 13.5-14v
…on 3 bar, 13v
On 2 bar, 13v below.
On Saturday night, after much charge with the scorching sun and electricity in the night,
The electricity was later seized and under 5 mins of usage wt just one 5w bulb, the battery dropped from 3 bar to 2 bar, and the voltage from 13.1V to 12.5V.
After that, I’ve been noticing quick drop like that in few minutes but have never go beyond 12…v (which is always 2 bar level battery on solar charge controller) since usage even overnight.
Any advice sir. Thanks in anticipation.
There is nothing wrong with your set up,
Your battery is a 12v battery not 13volts battery,
The optimal operating voltage if a 12vbattery is around 12volts
It shows 14 and 13 volts when its connected to charging devices or just after being disconnected from charger
So forget about the voltages,
Most inverter battery bar doesnt report the true capacity it only reports based on volts while some does
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 8:14pm On May 28, 2021
bixton:

This copper doors used to sell for Max #280K in Dubai when the USD was around #150-#180....

Modified.....this is just one amongst 3 procured that year...
what kind of wall tiles is this and what’s the price range? I want to use it on this marked area of the surrounding of my project.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:17pm On May 28, 2021
DUNKA:
Please advise the suppliers contacts. Regards
Here is their link good luck https://equinoxcollections.com/product-category/home-furniture/doors/security-doors/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 8:17pm On May 28, 2021
Suggestions on any other kind of tiles will be appreciated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:53pm On May 28, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
what kind of wall tiles is this and what’s the price range? I want to use it on this marked area of the surrounding of my project.
this look like stones not tiles.. i used it on a project a while ago beautiful stuff
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 8:54pm On May 28, 2021
twinskenny:
this look like stones not tiles.. i used it on a project a while ago beautiful stuff
do you know the name?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 9:07pm On May 28, 2021
Good evening Everyone. I need to share this with you guys. I posted a floor plan of 3 bedroom someone designed for me and I asked for contributions which you guys responded and the architect was taking the corrections until one stanley000 quoted that I should contact him for a better design. I actually did two nights ago and I’ll share our conversations with you. This @stanley asked me today is I am mad and that he’s my father’s mate all because of 20k design.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 9:09pm On May 28, 2021
samoranononi:
Good evening Everyone. I need to share this with you guys. I posted a floor plan of 3 bedroom someone designed for me and I asked for contributions which you guys responded and the architect was taking the corrections until one stanley000 quoted that I should contact him for a better design. I actually did two nights ago and I’ll share our conversations with you. This @stanley asked me today is I am mad and that he’s my father’s mate all because of 20k design.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2021
He told me to pay 25k for architectural design, structural and mechanical. I told him I could only run around for 20k and he agreed. He later said I should send part of the payment the next day which I agreed but that yesterday I was called the youth cane to my land and stopped people that were digging Fence foundation and I paid 45k. They said youth and Cdc. I didn’t have the money but had to take from my business capital. I explained what happened to him and he didn’t care. This money he called that what is going to happen and I told him I’ve been saying it from day 1 that I didn’t have this money somewhere so he had to be patient. I even said let’s see how today goes because he insist I pay in part of the 20k in advance so later today. I sent him a message that he should pause until I raise the money. He’s yet to deliver the job or anything from him. The guy started raining curses on himself and told me that he’s an edo man and nobody messes with them. Immediately I saw the threatening I had to send the 20k from my business. Hoping that he’d deliver the job. Now his asking me for more 30k to get the same job done. I told him I’d share everything here because I met him here.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 9:28pm On May 28, 2021
Please read through

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 9:32pm On May 28, 2021
I had to quickly use out of my business capital to settle him. Then went straight to pastor’s friend to collect loan because my business would have collapsed. I collect 45k from there yesterday and 20k today minus the money I collected before now but this man is still telling me to give him additional 30k.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:41pm On May 28, 2021
DancingSkeleton:
do you know the name?
the guy that installed for me got them from ibadan

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 9:53pm On May 28, 2021
Please advice me on what to do because sincerely I don’t know what to say or do at the moment. The same person that couldn’t pause for a while for me to raise the 20k he charged is now advising me to take my start before I start to build. He’s happy I gave him the money but didn’t care where the money came from. It is well.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 10:05pm On May 28, 2021
Na the elders go settle this one, Egun where you at?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thomaths(m): 10:20pm On May 28, 2021
samoranononi:
Please advice me on what to do because sincerely I don’t know what to say or do at the moment. The same person that couldn’t pause for a while for me to raise the 20k he charged is now advising me to take my start before I start to build. He’s happy I gave him the money but didn’t care where the money came from. It is well.
This life shaaa. Thank God for KOBOCITY

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 11:05pm On May 28, 2021
samoranononi:
Please read through

You still sent money to someone that cussed you out like that? Hmmh! It's well o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 11:13pm On May 28, 2021
soonest:

You still sent money to someone that cussed you out like that? Hmmh! It's well o

I had to, Even though the money was part of my business capital but I noticed he really depended on the money because I don’t understand why please pause a little on the job would bring so much insults or curses. Right from day one I’ve been telling him I didn’t have money for such. It is well indeed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:07am On May 29, 2021
veekid:
Na the elders go settle this one, Egun where you at?

Omo, this one pass me. This one is for awon Agbalagba Gbangba.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:46am On May 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

...but a house is an investment cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:00am On May 29, 2021
Thomaths:

This life shaaa. Thank God for KOBOCITY

Testimony time!

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1921#98050826

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1920#98050462

Free Design Review on kobocity.com

Get reassurance that you’re on the right track with your home design so that you can move forward with your project with confidence.

We don't entertain dramas.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:05am On May 29, 2021
It has been a while that I shared stuffs on this platform. I've been busy lately working on my next project - Ibadan Nonuplets

Our construction journal will go now live on kobocity.com and nairaland in few hours. Watch out!

Link below.

________

Project status: Pre-construction ongoing

Currently spending good time to check out similar builds around me while we also sort out materials delivery/stake out the plots and tidy up every other lose ends.

Many thanks to kobocity.com for this beautiful project.

Follow this build on kobocity.com -https://www.kobocity.com/d/211-construction-journal-the-nonuplets-by-nexthome

Follow this build on nairaland.com - https://www.nairaland.com/6576114/construction-journal-nonuplets-nexthome#102154949

______

Ibadan be good to me grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jalofun: 2:15am On May 29, 2021
This is serious... [quote author=samoranononi post=102150825][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (2222) (2223) (2224) (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Babadee30(m), Bankyshinani(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.