Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4425275 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
abouzaid:
please, i have a simple question that needs a simple answer, assuming you built a two bedroom rental property for 2.5 million, how many years would you consider reasonable to earn back your money through house rents from it? thanks
I have a simple answer. ........depends on the location

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
brabus:

Superior construction equipments just to construct a bungalow in Elebu, Ibadan and not Atlantic City. It better be that you're pulling my Oga's leg.
Even at that, give baba some time to acclimatize, I know he'll perform wonders. You all know the beginning is always the prob. Those teething probs are unavoidable even by the most respected Naija builder.

So let's keep watching as things unfold and see how Sir Egunmogaji handle the challenges of the unfamiliar terrain.

For me, I think he's still doing well so far.

Thanks.

I'm proud of my crew and what we accomplished. We're ahead of schedule and below budget.

Automation is not a replacement for getting the job done.

Like I said before, I'm not importing equipment to store in an unfenced lot.

Moving on.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
brabus:
At the very end, we were able to overcome the challenge and open up the area for more development through unrelentless effort.

And the "superior equipment" were brought in at the tailend of the project.

An average Naija builder would have done it the other way round. Bring in the heavy equipments, make the roads, eat up the whole budget for the building just to overcome the challenges. For me, I know how hard it is to keep spending without something tangible to show for it. Who cares how the materials get uphill so long the house get built. I always look past the challenges.

Nice but I'm building one small bungalow and I only need to impress myself and so far mission accomplished.

I'm good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
abouzaid:
i can't stop laughing at the masquerade, make una no throw me e~punch o.

While laughter is the best medicine but one needs to be careful because insane folks also laugh without reason. Just saying.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
So for anyone with no grudges wink mission has been accomplished. Fence is completed and gate bought and installed grin

The foundation is just icing on the cake.

Okay okay I know it's not an hydraulic actuated gate lol

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
skimanski:

At least you don dey see from the Nigerian Builder's point of view. Just some piece of advice, "Concentration" oooo. It can go wrong at any time. This is Nigeria and I would assume this is your first project. Put eye for ground ooo and always seek professional advice from them Spyder, Brabus, Aventure, segcymoor and others. They know how to do it the Nigerian way.

Plus of course you!
You are doing wonders over there and am proud of you bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

I'm proud of my crew and what we accomplished. We're ahead of schedule and below budget.

Automation is not a replacement for getting the job done.

Like I said before, I'm not importing equipment to store in an unfenced lot.

Moving on.

Don't mind us your friends grin The most important thing is that the job is done. Every other thing na jara. I am building a house in Abuja now, Abuja of all places and I am getting to learn a whole new set of methods different from what we are used to down south. In the end, the most important thing is that the job gets done and done very well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
spyder880:

Don't mind us your friends grin The most important thing is that the job is done. Every other thing na jara. I am building a house in Abuja now, Abuja of all places and I am getting to learn a whole new set of methods different from what we are used to down south. In the end, the most important thing is that the job gets done and done very well.

Na true talk o my brother, this no be my first rodeo. For all things that can go wrong, if na only unremoved vegetation and hand mixed material is the issue then my crew and I have been successful.

I'm not building this for a client but for me and my el familia and we're happy and we thank god cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beulah09: 6:41pm On Sep 20, 2015
abouzaid:
please, i have a simple question that needs a simple answer, assuming you built a two bedroom rental property for 2.5 million, how many years would you consider reasonable to earn back your money through house rents from it? thanks

15 to 20 years. Anything better than that is EXCELLENT
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
KolaShangOne:

You mean none of those obodo oyibo equipments you two were always posting cannot overcome small swamp? Excuses now?

Don't mind me. Now you will appreciate the Nigerian builder more and his abilities to get things done no matter the challenges.

If you're s professional builder and you're threatened by couple of guys who shows an alternative to building methods then you're doing your clients a disfavor.

Stop jacking yourself of with one sand truck and a mixer and get on board with getting proper equipments. We're not professional builders, you are my friend.

So when's lunch? Anyplace anytime in Ibadan. I'll even pay if you bring The Engineer along grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
brabus:

You mean you have accessibility issue like we experienced in Ile Oluji project where we had to make road with almost 2% of the project fund. At first, it seems like hard but to crack but in the end we can see a fruitful result.

Nah, you have a freeway there, my road is more fracked than that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
Beulah09:

15 to 20 years. Anything better than that is EXCELLENT
thanks a million but would you consider that a good investment when compared to other options? especially if you're igbo and the plot is in the north.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
segcymoor:

I have a simple answer. ........depends on the location
location is sambisa forest, just joking but take a guess, what would you personally take as been a good time frame to recoup your investment?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

While laughter is the best medicine but one needs to be careful because insane folks also laugh without reason. Just saying.
haba, i said no e~punch na, and welcome to 9ja. please it's not a small bungalow, it's over 3000 square feet

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

haba, i said no e~punch na, and welcome to 9ja. please it's not a small bungalow, it's over 3000 square feet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
skimanski:

At least you don dey see from the Nigerian Builder's point of view. Just some piece of advice, "Concentration" oooo. It can go wrong at any time. This is Nigeria and I would assume this is your first project. Put eye for ground ooo and always seek professional advice from them Spyder, Brabus, Aventure, segcymoor and others. They know how to do it the Nigerian way.

I've seen some of your projects and they're not different from those in the US.

We're doing ourselves a disfavor when professional builders make excuses. I'm not s pro but just a guy building his own private house.

On at least one of your build I did not see a single bamboo but you supposed the elevated decking with adjustable steel poles.

It doesn't have to be the latest Caterpilar product but just need to be application of appropriate modern technology.

My build will be fine, I'm rewarded with a builder that is willing to consider alternatives and not stoic, to me that's worth it's weight in gold.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
abouzaid:
haba, i said no e~punch na, and welcome to 9ja. please it's not a small bungalow, it's over 3000 square feet

My oga that is small o, na 5,000 be my first design grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:
So for anyone with no grudges wink mission has been accomplished. Fence is completed and gate bought and installed grin
The foundation is just icing on the cake.
Okay okay I know it's not an hydraulic actuated gate lol

Good. Those Master Lock are doing their job now. Keep on brother.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

My oga that is small o, na 5,000 be my first design grin
your project have got me interested in Spanish houses with their interior courtyards, I'll post some of my designs later.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Na true talk o my brother, this no be my first rodeo. For all things that can go wrong, if na only unremoved vegetation and hand mixed material is the issue then my crew and I have been successful.

I'm not building this for a client but for me and my el familia and we're happy and we thank god cheesy

excuse me sir.. you didnt invite us for ground breaking ceremony... ibadan ppl like partying grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

If you're s professional builder and you're threatened by couple of guys who shows an alternative to building methods then you're doing your clients a disfavor.

Stop jacking yourself of with one sand truck and a mixer and get on board with getting proper equipments. We're not professional builders, you are my friend.

So when's lunch? Anyplace anytime in Ibadan. I'll even pay if you bring The Engineer along grin

Oga EgunMogaji.. Even though we are not Julius Berger yet, I am a professional and we run a standardized company which has been vetted by TETFUND, UBEC and other Federal government agencies.

That said, you want us to acquire these expensive equipments, who will we use it to work for if alternative un-mechanized systems are preferred by a big man like you. Just 2 weeks ago, all the debate was on doing things differently.

I'm expressing the same view as NL1960, skimanski, Abdulwastecx, Spyder880 and others because we looked forward to seeing a different way of doing things. I'm offering constructive criticism, sometimes banter and not condemning.

I lost your number with my stolen phone, if not I would have msgd you and we would have had a tete-à-tete.. Im still hoping for my $1000 from the block carrying bet grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Oga EgunMogaji.. Even though we are not Julius Berger yet, I am a professional and we run a standardized company which has been vetted by TETFUND, UBEC and other Federal government agencies.

That said, you want us to acquire these expensive equipments, who will we use it to work for if alternative un-mechanized systems are preferred by a big man like you. Just 2 weeks ago, all the debate was on doing things differently.

I'm expressing the same view as NL1960, skimanski, Abdulwastecx, Spyder880 and others because we looked forward to seeing a different way of doing things. I'm offering constructive criticism, sometimes banter and not condemning.

I lost your number with my stolen phone, if not I would have msgd you and we would have had a tete-à-tete.. Im still hoping for my $1000 from the block carrying bet grin

You mean you are yet to collect this $1000 bet from him when i was about to ask you for my 10% supporter fees. Better collect it before he uses it to pay omo nile since it seems his Texas bazookas are not working to deter them. I saw that he used padlock for the gate. I was expecting to see 'something' that makes people to start sweeping when they come near hanging on the gate.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
NL1960:

You mean you are yet to collect this $1000 bet from him when i was about to ask you for my 10% supporter fees. Better collect it before he uses it to pay omo nile since it seems his Texas bazookas are not working to deter them. I saw that he used padlock for the gate. I was expecting to see 'something' that makes people to start sweeping when they come near hanging on the gate.

Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
KolaShangOne:

My oga you wan wound pessin with all these certifications? grin

All I'm saying is to not look at me, a small fry building a small bungalow, to lead the industry. It's you with all your accreditations that should be doing that. My argument that I don't accept any excuse from you a professional builder shouldn't turn the tables for you to ask me to go the modernized work. Stop making excuses and get equipment to match your certifications. Those certificates means something to someone but not me though but they're great to hang in the receptionist area.

You should be congratulating me for project managing from the US and 5 days after I landed I have padlock on a damn good fence/gate, blinding and foundation walls half completed grin

0807 622 7659

PS: I'm still waiting for you and The Engineer to show up for record keeping.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
NL1960:

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar my friend.

Take a sec to study the strategic placement of my gate.

It's not you that I need to impress with my prowess, it's the thieves grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
twinskenny:

excuse me sir.. you didnt invite us for ground breaking ceremony... ibadan ppl like partying grin

You know us well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

My oga you wan wound pessin with all these certifications? grin

All I'm saying is to not look at me, a small fry building a small bungalow, to lead the industry. It's you with all your accreditations that should be doing that. My argument that I don't accept any excuse from you a professional builder shouldn't turn the tables for you to ask me to go the modernized work. Stop making excuses and get equipment to match your certifications. Those certificates means something to someone but not me though but they're great to hang in the receptionist area.

You should be congratulating me for project managing from the US and 5 days after I landed I have padlock on a damn good fence/gate, blinding and foundation walls half completed grin

0807 622 7659

PS: I'm still waiting for you and The Engineer to show up for record keeping.

You did a very good job with project management I must confess. Scheduling your time and resources to meet up a target. And you are not a small fry ooo.. change can start from anywhere..

You got me addicted to Nairaland really and I'm loving it. That's one thing I will always remember you for and the tongue-lashing you always dish out.

One big happy family we all are.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
NL1960:

Egun is a modernised Ara-Orun. Instead of brooms, na padlock sure pass.
Oga if I finish paying 10% tithe, you Sef wan collect 10% join? How much go remain for me and Hajj Mufutau? angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 21, 2015
abouzaid:
your project have got me interested in Spanish houses with their interior courtyards, I'll post some of my designs later.

Excellent. I personally think that they are nice feature and put my money behind the opinion.

The plan that I bought and modified was designed for Mexico and the model home built in South Texas.

The only issue with internal courtyards is that they tend to use a lot of land. 16 feet of the 50 feet width of the house went to the courtyard.

Looking forward to seeing your designs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 21, 2015
KolaShangOne:
@egunMogaji Your builder is falling hands o.. Thought wé alreàdy talked about this water rising issue? You can gét industrial nylon at Dee Pee Global on the express. Mesh at Iwo Road

Por favor mi amigo El Presidente grin

Which express is Dee Pee Global on? What weight of nylon should I be looking for?

For wire mesh, what sizing is proper?

Gracias.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2015
What's happening here? Sir EgunMogaji, I'm seeing two walls please explain.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
brabus:
What's happening here? Sir EgunMogaji, I'm seeing two walls please explain.

An astute observation.

The 6" is an old fence that he built to separate the plots and that we adandoned.

We're leaving it in situ to help towards holding the slope.

I'm okay with it as long as it won't be in the way of the plumbing pipes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sekzy99(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.