Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4423491 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
I probably got had on the tank as I did zero research on it.

Surprisingly I'm way productive at my desk in California than here in Ibadan.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 22, 2015
On wire mesh, I saw 3.5, 4 and 5mm @ Iwo Road. Which size do you recommend?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:50am On Sep 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:
On wire mesh, I saw 3.5, 4 and 5mm @ Iwo Road. Which size do you recommend?

3.5mm is okay to serve as anti-crack

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:55am On Sep 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Por favor mi amigo El Presidente grin

Which express is Dee Pee Global on? What weight of nylon should I be looking for?

For wire mesh, what sizing is proper?

Gracias.

Its on Lag-Ibadan expressway. When you take that bridge in Challenge and empty into the expressway, you will drive for just 10secs, you'd see a filling station. Stop there n ask that u wanna buy nylon. 20-25kg.
Wire mesh 3.5mm.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 22, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Its on Lag-Ibadan expressway. When you take that bridge in Challenge and empty into the expressway, you will drive for just 10secs, you'd see a filling station. Stop there n ask that u wanna buy nylon. 20-25kg.
Wire mesh 3.5mm.

Gracias, El Heffe grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2015
abouzaid:
location is sambisa forest, just joking but take a guess, what would you personally take as been a good time frame to recoup your investment?

If one must invest in real estate... I advice built to sell not rentage

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Miscellaneous(m): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
abdulwastecx:

To be honest, the real cash comes from rentage in Nigeria. One can sell.after he so desire.... my 2naira on this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Wire mesh 3.5mm.

I tried twice but could never find it. It's my fault I know for being cuddled by Google US map system and direction guidance (turn right, you have arrived at GP plastics no dey) grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
brabus:

You mean you have accessibility issue like we experienced in Ile Oluji project where we had to make road with almost 2% of the project fund. At first, it seems like hard but to crack but in the end we can see a fruitful result.
That seem to be one of the challenges access.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Oga EgunMogaji.. Even though we are not Julius Berger yet, I am a professional and we run a standardized company which has been vetted by TETFUND, UBEC and other Federal government agencies.

That said, you want us to acquire these expensive equipments, who will we use it to work for if alternative un-mechanized systems are preferred by a big man like you. Just 2 weeks ago, all the debate was on doing things differently.

I'm expressing the same view as NL1960, skimanski, Abdulwastecx, Spyder880 and others because we looked forward to seeing a different way of doing things. I'm offering constructive criticism, sometimes banter and not condemning.

I lost your number with my stolen phone, if not I would have msgd you and we would have had a tete-à-tete.. Im still hoping for my $1000 from the block carrying bet grin
I'm sure there are more simple machine one could get to get that small work easier. Ie mixer.steel poles.scaffolding. Marine boards and ofcos a yard to store your stuff.That will be good for starters. Should we an analize the true cost of these items I just mentioned? ?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I tried twice but could never find it. It's my fault I know for being cuddled by Google US map system and direction guidance (turn right, you have arrived at GP plastics no dey) grin

Eiyaaah.. Sorry about that.. Forward march to Oja-Oba then..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Miscellaneous:

To be honest, the real cash comes from rentage in Nigeria. One can sell.after he so desire.... my 2naira on this.

abdulwastecx:

My brother, the rent on real estate gives you annual yield of 5% - 7%. Not more, regardless of where you have built this house and wether you have positioned it as luxury apartments, low cost housing etc. This yield excludes the problem of managing tenants and the issues that inevitably come with delayed rents and cost of collection. You can get twice that yield in the market for fixed income securities. Holding real estate that you don't live in begins to make sense only if you are a business man and want to hold it for its collateral value. That way when the estate valuers value it, it will be worth more than the actual cost of land and construction and the money you can borrow from the bank will increase grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
KolaShangOne:

I went to Ogunpa afterwards.

So a bundle is N3k, how many bundles is 3500 square feet.

I continue to salute you guys that are doing successful commerce in Nigeria. It's a harsh condition.

I'm completely worn the frack out.

I just can't imagine doing this on a daily basis and have to do it to keep the roof on.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I continue to salute you guys that are doing successful commerce in Nigeria. It's a harsh condition.
I just can't imagine doing this on a daily basis and have to do it to keep the roof on.

Halleluyah! But you are doing great though.... Traffic nko? forget about that, killer everywhere in Naija cities. Keep doing it Sir... Naija reality.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

You should be happy its ibadan not lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
mufutau55:

Halleluyah! But you are doing great.... Traffic nko? forget about that, killer everywhere in Naija cities. Keep doing it Sir... Naija reality.

Hajji M.

As far as traffic, I'll contribute to a cause to collect all the Micras and okada together and have a burnfest grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
twinskenny:

You should be happy its ibadan not lagos

I hate Lasgidi. Frankly I've never understood the attraction.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I hate Lasgidi. Frankly I've never understood the attraction.

To be candid, I don't know wot ppl see in lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
smiley001:

To be candid, I don't know wot ppl see in lagos
lagos used to be one of the best city those days, with the traffic now it's chaos. The traffic cost me almost full tank a day to move around when I visit. Traffic is better in Abuja.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Ogas in the house please how many copies of plans do l need to submit to town planing office in Ogun state for approval.
Someone said five copies another person said 4.
Please who is right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
kopell:
lagos used to be one of the best city those days, with the traffic now it's chaos. The traffic cost me almost full tank a day to move around when I visit. Traffic is better in Abuja.
Thank you that is why l am running away from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
kopell:

it's highly congested here in lagos. I blame it on rural - urban migration.

No amount of whatever u make, d stress is just too much and unbearable. U wake up 4 am, u leave ur house 5:30 am, u close around 4, 5 or 6, u won't want to go home straight thereby making u to hang somewhere becos of traffic. u end up entering ur house 11pm... dis is pure stress.

If u now visit ur friends in d less states occasionally, u tend to see dat u getting old at a fast rate Dan them and u don't even av d money to show for d stress dat u go tru dat u r better Dan dem.

And whatever u may think u earn here in lagos, u spend almost 4 times wot ppl in d less states spend on d same thing.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 11:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Excellent. I personally think that they are nice feature and put my money behind the opinion.

The plan that I bought and modified was designed for Mexico and the model home built in South Texas.

The only issue with internal courtyards is that they tend to use a lot of land. 16 feet of the 50 feet width of the house went to the courtyard.

Looking forward to seeing your designs.
this is one of the designs I'm currently working, it's a low cost design for a fifty by fifty plot of land. three bedrooms, two downstairs and a modest sized masters suite upstairs with a six feet deep veranda overlooking the ten by fifteen courtyard on the back. minimum sized bedroom is a twelve by twelve and all rooms cross ventilated. semi open plan living room.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 11:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
abdulwastecx:

thanks, I'm just trying to make a cost benefit analysis on why a client should build instead of rent especially since he won't likely stay in this town for more than two decades atmost before he retires to the east.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:49am On Sep 23, 2015
abouzaid:
this is one of the designs I'm currently working, it's a low cost design for a fifty by fifty plot of land. three bedrooms, two downstairs and a modest sized masters suite upstairs with a six feet deep veranda overlooking the ten by fifteen courtyard on the back. minimum sized bedroom is a twelve by twelve and all rooms cross ventilated. semi open plan living room.

Talking about making the best of small lands.......

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 8:55am On Sep 23, 2015
spyder880:

nice work there, such space efficient plans is the future.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2015
Guys and Ladies, the conference below may interest you. Please note i am not the organizer so this is not an advert....just letting brothers and sisters who are interested know what's up.....besides i think its free so make nobody ban me for adverts o. cry

http://realestateunite.com/

http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=672f4997efa988b950da8e0ed&id=9c64289904&e=754de5f3d9

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/672f4997efa988b950da8e0ed/images/99c74552-ebd2-4999-8d38-db7c098c2b04.jpg

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2015
Real Estate Unite 2015

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2015
Babs612000:

Ogas in the house please how many copies of plans do l need to submit to town planing office in Ogun state for approval.
Someone said five copies another person said 4.
Please who is right?

Hajj mufutau should be able to shed more light..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
abouzaid:
thanks, I'm just trying to make a cost benefit analysis on why a client should build instead of rent especially since he won't likely stay in this town for more than two decades atmost before he retires to the east.

i would love it if you can look at use of stabilized interlocks brick in your design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
spyder880:

Oga Spyder, what does this small land consists of from your foundation so..
May be you care sharing the floor plan.. email or whatsapp, I am game. Respect.

Note: There is an Old family land (50x50ft) in the family, the old people want me to develop it as a family house but do not want a flat, it has to be like an old plan of face-me face-you rooms in their remembrance to the old plans... so I need guidance.

@Abdulwastecx... please take note too.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Hajj mufutau should be able to shed more light..

I don't remember very well... but I think it's five (5) copies. Just get ready with 5 copies.

Hajji M.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (3673) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m), opes and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.