Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,386 members, 7,853,722 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4486819 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3673) (3674) (3675) (3676) (3677) (3678) (3679) ... (3690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:16pm On May 17
therealMcCain:
Guys please help me critize this plan. I initially wanted them to be detached units but I changed my mind.

I specifically asked for the rooms to have some form of cross ventilation.

Thanks for the tag..
99% Okay but to make the KITCHEN more FUNCTIONAL, please do this (see attached pics) relocate the door out of the kitchen.

Consider it a must do please.
Thanks.

Note:
Red = Window
Blue = Door
Black = Blockwork

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:20pm On May 17
Port443:
Good day guys. I built my bq in such a way that it can hold two thanks. We put nylon before the decking but I need something to prevent water from leaking through the roof. Is there a coating that can prevent water from over filled thank and rain from soaking the plastered decking?

Sorry but the nylon is as good as nothing...

You need 2 LAYERS OF SCUDOPLAST, then screed over it and lay tiles on it.

Even a layer of scudoplast won't do the job.

Goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:23pm On May 17
Still your blessed Sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed sam building materials enterprises

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:23pm On May 17
ajabani4allah:
Good day everyone, I am planning on getting roofing sheet for a 3 bedroom bungalow, pls I will need your advice on which one to get between Aluminum sheet (Long span, step tiles or metrocopo) and Nigerite Litespan slate. Thanks in anticipation

What you get is not as important of THICKNESS of what you get.

They're all OK.
Just make sure you get a thickness that's OK (0.5 or 0.55 preferably).

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Noworries11: 7:00pm On May 17
My country people and elders in the building
Na my first time to build.... I kept bringing out money so tey i spent way above my budget just to get to lintel phase however please I need an advise for an estimate cost for the decking for a semi detached duplex (4 bedroom each duplex I.e 8 bedroom semi-detached duplex)

The site engr has estimated about #4,226,000 just for the rods (decking) while another engr on the side who is willing to handle has estimated #1,050,000

Brethren to say I am confused is an understatement

I decided to run here and perhaps get professional advice.
Please note that this is the cost for rod alone

Let me break it further how they arrived at the said amount

Site Engr;
70 lengths of 16mm rod @17,000 =#1,190,000
300 lengths of 12mm rod @9,400 =#2,820,000
50 lengths of 8mm rod-@3400 =#170,000
Binding wire = #45000
Total = #4,225,000

*Alternate Engr*

2) *ROD 16M² 25PIECES PER 1? N14,500× 25 = N350,000*

3) *ROD 12M² 60 PIECES PER 1? N9,200 × 60 = N552,000*

4) *ROD 8M² 30 PIECESB PER 1? N4,500 × 30 = N135,000*

6) *BANDING WIRE #20,000*

Total = N1,057,000

Please make una choke mouth for the matter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by therealMcCain: 7:07pm On May 17
saydfact:

Thanks for the tag..
99% Okay but to make the KITCHEN more FUNCTIONAL, please do this (see attached pics) relocate the door out of the kitchen.

Consider it a must do please.
Thanks.

Note:
Red = Window
Blue = Door
Black = Blockwork

Thanks for your input. I appreciate.

1. What advantage does this modification have over the former ? Just curious

2. The width is 1500. Can this accommodate a door and window ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 1Teethosin(m): 7:38pm On May 17
saydfact:

In residential buildings, yes it is.

Thank you sir 😀

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Iriruaga100(m): 10:18pm On May 17
Noworries11:
Na my first time to build.... I kept bringing out money so tey i spent way above my budget just to get to lintel phase however please I need an advise for an estimate cost for the decking for a semi detached duplex (4 bedroom each duplex I.e 8 bedroom semi-detached duplex)

The site engr has estimated about #4,226,000 just for the rods (decking) while another engr on the side who is willing to handle has estimated #1,050,000

Site Engr;
Binding wire = #45000
Total = #4,225,000

*Alternate Engr*

Total = N1,057,000

Go with your site engineer. Buy half of everything he requested for first and supervise the job. Run from the alternate engineer as fast as you can.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Deeegbee: 11:18pm On May 17
Iriruaga100:

Go with your site engineer. Buy half of everything he requested for first and supervise the job. Run from the alternate engineer as fast as you can.

Funny comment but can you give reasons why he should run from the latter. I want to learn, at times you have like 4 different quotes for a particular task and you end up as a confuse man. My rules most times is to buy only 75% materials of what they quote because of past experience.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:03am On May 18
Francis8999:

How much is that closet ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:05am On May 18
Osinachiadima global enterprise

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:25am On May 18
Iriruaga100:

Exactly
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:27am On May 18
Deeegbee:

Funny comment but can you give reasons why he should run from the latter. I want to learn, at times you have like 4 different quotes for a particular task and you end up as a confuse man. My rules most times is to buy only 75% materials of what they quote because of past experience.

The 2nd quotation is not realistic. I think the guy just wants to grab the job first and then show him pepper as the work progresses

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Deeegbee: 5:58am On May 18
ChybuzzDD:

The 2nd quotation is not realistic. I think the guy just wants to grab the job first and then show him pepper as the work progresses

Exactly, this is what I was waiting to hear especially the quantities of 12mm iron rods he quoted.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:05am On May 18
therealMcCain:

Thanks for your input. I appreciate.

1. What advantage does this modification have over the former ? Just curious

2. The width is 1500. Can this accommodate a door and window ?

No1. With that door in the kitchen, it's difficult to position a sink and a gas cooker in the kitchen, the door basically makes that kitchen a lobby from the inside to the outside.

No2. Yes, I saw it's 1500mm, a door of 750mm by 2100mm and a window of 600mm by 1200mm would perfectly fit in.. (it's an exit door not the main door, so 750mm is more than enough)

Goodluck....

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:14am On May 18
Noworries11:

Site Engr;
Binding wire = #45000
Total = #4,225,000

*Alternate Engr*

Total = N1,057,000

Its obvious you need help not because of the 4m quote but rather because you believe 1m quote is possible.

Like you said, it's a 4 bed duplex (x2).

I'll advice you stick with the 4m guy.... 1 tonne of Rebar is almost 900k, so how can 1m rebar do the job.

Look through my profile, you'll find a post that solves you problem ie I've done a post on HOW TO CALCULATE NOS. OF REBAR NEEDED.

Goodluck.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:26am On May 18
Iriruaga100:

Buying half wld only make him spend more and that's what he's trying to prevent because it's added transportation.

For a note... It's 8 bedroom duplex... I even see him using more than what was quoted for...

Solution: He shd get an experienced person to check the quantity needed by sharing the plan or he shd buy everything his supervisor asked for.

We can't keep believing that ALL supervisors are cheats.... If we assume that, then it also means me, you and everyone here is a cheat as well.

There are good people still out there and I see his supervisor as one.

That quotation is as good as accurate.

Cc: Noworries11

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 12:44pm On May 18
We are available for your service
Pop 100% guaranteed

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BizTrust: 2:00pm On May 18
Humbro Interiors handles your homes Interiors design, giving it the right design with gypsum board(drywall). Bringing your dream interior design into reality. Services we offer gypsum board ceilings installation, office partitions, TV shelves, wall screeding and general contracts.
You can always trust us to deliver timely
WhatsApp 09062308261 or 08112820381

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 2:09pm On May 18
Contact us for your Architectural Designs & Construction Services.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:21pm On May 18
therealMcCain:
Guys please help me critize this plan. I initially wanted them to be detached units but I changed my mind.

CC
saydfact
twinskenny
mufutau55
OnMyHonor
michlins
diordaves

It is a half decent design for a bedsit but I think you've missed a trick or two relating to space utilisation and functionality. With your design, there are lots of dead spaces and non functional spaces.

#That 1200 space by the side of the bed is a dead space and a waste for a bedsit.

# A Balcony of 2850 for a bedsit is a very expensive luxury which is a waste.

# The room has no focal point. Where will you "hang" a TV, where will you put a table and a chair to watch the TV. It is a non-functional room.

# A rear balcony for a bedsit is a very expensive luxury which is a waste of space.

# The kitchen is non functional. How? Two doors in such a small kitchen kills all useable space. How do you arrange the space for a stove (gas cooker) and a worktop and even wall units and shelves.

SOLUTION
Look at my suggested design of apartment 2. For me, I think with my suggestion, the space works better for the occupants. There is proper cross ventilation which you want and there is a functional sitting area with no dead spaces.

You can compare and contrast and then decide what you think is appropriate for your target audience. But I believe my design is a better design for a bedsit than yours.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:56pm On May 18
therealMcCain:

CC
saydfact
twinskenny
mufutau55
OnMyHonor
michlins
diordaves
Hey man .. Not all questions / discussion I share my thoughts on this days.
But let me tell you DONT disturb your self about this plan.
YOUR architect did very wonderful job to bring this luxury combo design out, you need to buy him drink. ( just make sure the kitchen exist door open outside the lobby).
I said this based on my theoretical and practical experience as a Builder.
Don’t ask me any further questions I will not answer …lolz

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:09pm On May 18
Noworries11:

Site Engr;
Binding wire = #45000
Total = #4,225,000

*Alternate Engr*

Total = N1,057,000

Is like your mental health is not value to you by thinking your site Engr is ripping you as some think that all engr as rogue.
By the time your new proposed Iron Bender calling himself engr deal with you finished you will know how far.

You beta prepared about 6m-7m for both the two duplexes iron rod before the project will become abandon one ( God forbid )
If you don’t believed the figure I said take the money your self and go to the market and watch as the work going on then come back here and feed us back with the final cost.
Then I may not say anything … I value my time and health now.
I wish you well on your project .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:13pm On May 18
Let me drop this here pop is in progress
Only materials cost about 5m plus

2nd phase is in progress 3 Floors
Details later or check our tread

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:38pm On May 18
rotecch77:

Is like your mental health is not value to you by thinking your site Engr is ripping you as some think that all engr as rogue.
By the time your new proposed Iron Bender calling himself engr deal with you finished you will know how far.

You beta prepared about 6m-7m for both the two duplexes iron rod before the project will become abandon one ( God forbid )
If you don’t believed the figure I said take the money your self and go to the market and watch as the work going on then come back here and feed us back with the final cost.
Then I may not say anything … I value my time and health now.
I wish you well on your project .

I wonder why the second engr is quoting pieces of iron rod for a twin duplex...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 1Teethosin(m): 7:02pm On May 18
Noworries11:

Site Engr;
Binding wire = #45000
Total = #4,225,000

*Alternate Engr*

Total = N1,057,000

I have almost similar building in construction. While you will no doubt buy 300 pics of 12mm. You will even buy more, the number of the 16 mm, I can't say much. I only used 33 pieces.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:05pm On May 18
1Teethosin:

I have almost similar building in construction. While you will no doubt buy 300 pics of 12mm. You will even buy more, the number of the 16 mm, I can't say much. I only used 33 pieces.

The second engr quoted 60pcs for 12mm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Icesnow(f): 10:33pm On May 18
Hi house! Does anyone has an idea of how much a very standard 4bd bungalow building will cost? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Icesnow(f): 10:36pm On May 18
bolu1986:
We are at Ilesa Osun state

Rounding off the pop of this house.

Baking out cool design as par client request

Let’s talk

WhatsApp only 07088534661Can youngive me an estimate of this building pls?

Note real work pictures attached
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by union123(m): 12:39am On May 19
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Skydivine: 1:11am On May 19
Noworries11:

Site Engr;
Binding wire = #45000
Total = #4,225,000

*Alternate Engr*

Total = N1,057,000

Go and get the materials as listed by the first person yourself. You might even need more. The 16mm is a lot or I would assume he is also doing the staircase or your house has a few cantilevers.
Just ignore that second person, except you have money to throwaway.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:26am On May 19
Need a professional to install your building's P.O.P ceiling? Screed the walls to make it as smooth as glass? Install all kinds of P.O.P designs like wall demarcation, T.v stand, wine cabinets and the likes? Install Roman arch at the entrance and dinning? Windows and doors art? Pillar and column designs?

Contact us at His Grace Interiors for the best of the best at affordable prices.
Our reputation precedes us, especially here on Nairaland.
You can check all our other threads here on NL for further info.
A trial, I'm sure , will definitely convince you.

You can reach us on +2347069462837 or hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com for further information and enquiries.
We're available 24/7 anywhere in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (3673) (3674) (3675) (3676) (3677) (3678) (3679) ... (3690) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: deji68, Geekop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.