Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389065 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
olumide4christ:

I'm sorry Abdulwastecx, I beg to differ a bit on your definition.

NLresidentQS said he saw clay bricks within the floor. That's a hollow clay pot floor slab. If it were a ribbed floor slab or waffle floor slab, there won't be any clay bricks embedded in the floor.
In clay pot floor slabs, there are no indentations when you look at the soffit of the slab. You only see lines of clay bricks & lines of concrete showing the rib beams cast together with the clay pot bricks.
In ribbed and waffle floor slabs, you won't see any clay bricks at the soffit of the slab; all you see are lateral lines of concrete representing the rib beams alone (ribbed floor) or crossed lines of concrete representing rib beams crossing each other (waffle floor), giving the soffit of the floor a wafer-like view, hence the name waffle.

Pics 1&2 - hollow clay pot floors
Pic 3 - ribbed floor
Pic 4 - waffle floor
u are on point kiss
olumide4christ:

I'm sorry Abdulwastecx, I beg to differ a bit on your definition.

NLresidentQS said he saw clay bricks within the floor. That's a hollow clay pot floor slab. If it were a ribbed floor slab or waffle floor slab, there won't be any clay bricks embedded in the floor.
In clay pot floor slabs, there are no indentations when you look at the soffit of the slab. You only see lines of clay bricks & lines of concrete showing the rib beams cast together with the clay pot bricks.
In ribbed and waffle floor slabs, you won't see any clay bricks at the soffit of the slab; all you see are lateral lines of concrete representing the rib beams alone (ribbed floor) or crossed lines of concrete representing rib beams crossing each other (waffle floor), giving the soffit of the floor a wafer-like view, hence the name waffle.

Pics 1&2 - hollow clay pot floors
Pic 3 - ribbed floor
Pic 4 - waffle floor
u are on point
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PqsMike: 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
abdulwastecx:

As a trained engineering graduate into building I will agree with you totally.

The quantity surveyor I had worked with in the past always under quote reinforcement for any structural work expecially slab reinforcement.

They do this base on their limited knowledge of bending schedule and reinforcement pattern

It is also a common practice to over bill some section of work, especially sub structures.

For a small structure, the client will be better positioned to work out prices directly with builder and be involved at each stage of the job.

For example if I want to build a house with limited budget, I will generally follow the following procedures.
1. I will buy a relatively dry and gentle slop to flat land

2. I will work out mu budget before consulting my architect. By then I will have a big picture of what I want and I much I want to spend on the entire project. For example, I see having more than three toilet for a three bedroom flat as waste of space and money, I see very high roof to be waste of money.

3. I will try to do the soil test if I am building more than a Bungalow, people believe soil test takes too much money but the reality is that when one compare the cost of soil test to the total cost of the building, most time it amount to less than 2% of the total project cost.

4.I will consult a structural and services consultant to do my engineer design for me or give these to the architectural film to do all of them together.

5. At this Junction, I may invite a quantity surveyor to help me prepare a bill so that I can have a general view of how much I will need to spend ( I will set a maximum limit on the building budget).

6. I will plan with the above information on the duration of my project, by dividing the job into stages in accordance to convenience and my budget.

7. I will scrutinized my builders, Give them the quantities estimation to work on, if it fall within what I have on ground, I will proceed.

4. The job will only be awarded stage by stage. I will give a certain percentage at the beginning of each, pay the remaining when that stage has been completed, inspect that stage directly or through trusted third party.
If work done is in accordance to design and our agreement, I proceed to the next stage

well, I believe there are a lot of things people needs to know about the work of a Quantity Surveyor.... So far you are consulting a well trained Qs, the level of accuracy in measurement will be very high.

The accuracy in quantity also depends on the detail of your drawings. Some engineers and Architect just do a lazy job in designing and muddle everything up. A drawing not well detailed and/or properly dimension-ed will in turn becomes a head ache for the Quantity Surveyor.

Another thing is that, most Client only engage the Qs in Pre-construction stage...i.e to just prepare the bill of Quantities. where as ....a Qs job Spans from the Inception to Practical completion. Engage him in the construction process. Provided if he's honest enough, i can assure you, he's saves you a lot of cash....

As a trained Qs....i still believe engaging a Qs is still the best option if you are aiming at minimizing cost to a reasonable level and still maintain a good structural and aesthetic building.

Check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
topsy23:

Well, see the calculation below;
for a single 3bedroom flat with average of 6people
total number of people for the 4flat would be 5x4=20people.
Daily water usage per person(Averagely) 120Litres per day(FLUSHING, WASHING, BATHING, ETC).

Now: 20x120=2400LITRES.

I stand to be corrected tho.

Nice calculation and it makes a lot of sense. However, you need to review it.

Because u made an assumption of 6 people living in each flat (average),
Thus total number of people ought to be 6x4 =24 people.

Hence using the 120 litres you proposed, the total litres required would be 24x120= 2880 litres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
jossy26:
@oga Ugo, why picking on only excuseme and not maverick, both of them should let us have peace jare; can't believe adult men can be exchanging banters continuously like this....na wa for una tot being in diaspora suppose to make one to be refined but it's not the case on NL. Shame
Which men ? One nah woman the other man until proven otherwise me I just dey view atm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
mavverick:
You mean your original ID's

Excuseme / Lastpage / Commonsense101

Excuseme grin same old shyte
lastpage mr and mrs, hawking oranges and same person that wants to collect British passport, giving us B*LLSHIT that his wife used his ID, i dont know who has sense pass between you and your wife.
Commonsense101 new kid in the block but all of the above.

Get a life !
What is your motive here ?

Bross wen man n woman meet na to born pikin nah
When 41 and 9 meet them go Born 419 grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
grin well for those of is that have small lands there is hope still for a duplex . Look at what I found just now

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
danowena:

Nice calculation and it makes a lot of sense. However, you need to review it.

Because u made an assumption of 6 people living in each flat (average),
Thus total number of people ought to be 6x4 =24 people.

Hence using the 120 litres you proposed, the total litres required would be 24x120= 2880 litres.

Thanks for the observation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2016
topsy23:

Thanks for the observation

@ Danowena @mavverick @ Topsy Thanks a lot for your input.
Appreciate

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
erico2k2:
grin well for those of is that have small lands there is hope still for a duplex . Look at what I found just now
i actually prefer this type of wall to wall construction in urban areas, i think most of the spaces left around homes are so small that they're useless, my personal opinion though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
Give me 3 more pages and we can declare this thread dead.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumide4christ: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
abdulwastecx:

The quantity surveyor I had worked with in the past always under quote reinforcement for any structural work expecially slab reinforcement.

They do this base on their limited knowledge of bending schedule and reinforcement pattern

It is also a common practice to over bill some section of work, especially sub structures.

For a small structure, the client will be better positioned to work out prices directly with builder and be involved at each stage of the job.

For example if I want to build a house with limited budget, I will generally follow the following procedures.

2. I will work out mu budget before consulting my architect. By then I will have a big picture of what I want and I much I want to spend on the entire project. For example, I see having more than three toilet for a three bedroom flat as waste of space and money, I see very high roof to be waste of money.

3. I will try to do the soil test if I am building more than a Bungalow, people believe soil test takes too much money but the reality is that when one compare the cost of soil test to the total cost of the building, most time it amount to less than 2% of the total project cost.

4.I will consult a structural and services consultant to do my engineer design for me or give these to the architectural film to do all of them together.

5. At this Junction, I may invite a quantity surveyor to help me prepare a bill so that I can have a general view of how much I will need to spend ( I will set a maximum limit on the building budget).

6. I will plan with the above information on the duration of my project, by dividing the job into stages in accordance to convenience and my budget.

7. I will scrutinized my builders, Give them the quantities estimation to work on, if it fall within what I have on ground, I will proceed.

4. The job will only be awarded stage by stage. I will give a certain percentage at the beginning of each, pay the remaining when that stage has been completed, inspect that stage directly or through trusted third party.
If work done is in accordance to design and our agreement, I proceed to the next stage

I hope you know and agree with me that contractually and professionally, it is the consultant structural engineer's job to prepare and provide bending/reinforcements schedules along with the structural drawings he designed. Thus even though we are trained to determine Reinforcement quantities from drawings, the structural engineer is professionally bound to do that in any project.
I can't remember the last time I had to pick reinforcements quantities from drawings because the structural engineer was always required to do that.
Thus it means that on the project you were referring to, the structural engineer didn't complete his job, thus requiring you to ask your QS to go out of his way to do that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumide4christ: 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Hope you also know that QS pass QS just like Architects and Engineers, that's why they charge clients and contractors differently based on their exposure, years of experience and professional qualification. So for the fact that your QS couldn't accurately measure reinforcements from a drawing doesn't mean that others can't. It all depends on how good & exposed he/she is.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
I have been asking a question here with no answer yet, who is it that is meant to hire a QS? Client or Builder/contractor ??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
3strikes:

3strikes i was just released from a Long bed rest by the MOds. Dont worry we will get to 500.
Where is that senile old hag that has been dancing naked here, LAST PAGE WHERE ARE THOU

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
erico2k2:
I have been asking a question here with no answer yet, who is it that is meant to hire a QS? Client or Builder/contractor ??

Normally QS work start immediately after the completion of Architectural/ structural design. I believe client suppose to hire the service of QS at the preliminary stage to know the cost that will complete the project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dotman201: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
erico2k2:

https://www.nairaland.com/3308488/choosing-glass-home-office-part
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
erico2k2:

Client...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
twinskenny:

Client...
Ok
In big construction coy, who provides the Bill of quantity to be used in bidding
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
erico2k2:

Ok
In big construction coy, who provides the Bill of quantity to be used in bidding

QS prepare bill of quantity and allow contingency in-case of variations
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
erico2k2:

Ok

QS prepare bill of quantity and include contingency in-case of variations
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
topsy23:

QS prepare bill of quantity and include contingency in-case of variations
SO if Im getting you rightly in a big construction company ie JB, the QS provides/prepare the Bill of quantity to be used by JB
if thats waht you are saying that means its the builder' responsibility then not the client cos for JB to know how much to tender as bidding it needs to know the quantity and cost the person charged with such responsibility i n JB is the QS and its in house.am I right here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2016
jossy26:
@oga Ugo, why picking on only excuseme and not maverick, both of them should let us have peace jare; can't believe adult men can be exchanging banters continuously like this....na wa for una tot being in diaspora suppose to make one to be refined but it's not the case on NL. Shame

Dont mind the 'fowl'.

It is one of those monickers that the LEPER uses when he wants to do his hatchet job.

You cant see l did not even respond to the inconsequential FOWL.

I have decided to end this back and forth, when l said l would do so as a sign of respect to the Contractor whose thread l used as a reference but the LEPER Maverick would not let me be. HE wants to blame me for what happened on a thread l did not write or even know anything about simply because it exposed him as an EVIL FRAUD and ABUSER of Contractors/Artisans

if you check since where l said l will drop this matter, the LEPERS have been using their multiple user i.d's to abuse me and call me all sorts of names like l care.

Let them bring it on, l am not one of those people they pressurise to capitulate, and then pretend like they are friends when in the real sense, its all just smelly HYPOCRISY.

I have asked that this kind of unrelated discussion be moved to the threads created to bash Brabus but they all refused and insist they must derail this thread, even forced Alhaji M to accede to it. undecided

@Commonsense1.
Dont get bothered, it is their standard practice to associate anyone they cant control to Brabus.
They will soon say you are Brabus or you share the money with brabus or you are lastpage or some other monicker that makes them tremble. grin

I am Excuzeme, l have made my point, l am not willing to bow out for these LEPERS and l will continue to use my id to say my mind.
Apologies to the good people here, l asked over and over again that we not derail this thread but these LEPERS used that to pounce on me.

Maverick is a worker-abuser and KARMA has caught up with him this time around. Brabus is his NEMESIS.
Stop cheating the poor workers after using them to sweat on your house. Their Sweat will ALWAYS be a CURSE on your head.

If the LEPERS shut their shitty mouth, l will sheath my sword otherwise, l will respond to them in kind.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
Make una give me 3 more pages abeg.make we push this to page 500................................... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
erico2k2:

SO if Im getting you rightly in a big construction company ie JB, the QS provides/prepare the Bill of quantity to be used by JB
if thats waht you are saying that means its the builder' responsibility then not the client cos for JB to know how much to tender as bidding it needs to know the quantity and cost the person charged with such responsibility i n JB is the QS and its in house.am I right here?

This is how the process goes:

Architectural design company, after the approval of the design drawing by the client and the necessary structural design has been completed on it, the client send the drawing/s to QS to prepare value engineering cost from start to finish. The client will have the idea of cost of the project. They normaly involve consultants in such area. Consultant will now send blank bill of quantities called tender to all the contractors to get their own quote and select the best for the project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumide4christ: 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
erico2k2:

Both!

Read the 1st & 2nd pages of my main thread (Talk to Quantity Surveyors about Construction Costs and Project Management) under the topics" Who Needs a Quantity Surveyor" and "What Does A Quantity Surveyor do". All your questions and doubts would be answered & laid to rest.
See the link https://www.nairaland.com/2836058/talk-quantity-surveyors-construction-costs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:24am On Aug 25, 2016
3strikes:

Will you be happy if this thread is dead? And why?

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oldlayez: 5:23am On Aug 25, 2016
mufutau55:

Will you be happy if this thread is dead? And why?

Hajji M.

I tire sef!
Brabus has carried his leprosed thieving self away from this thread, that to me is "something" but wanting to kill this post/thread shows that something else is involved... Why are you selfish @3strikes? I came in because I hate cheating of any kind but wanting to kill this thread because of useless Brabus and lastpage shows that you are not stable too.

Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 6:40am On Aug 25, 2016
erico2k2:

Oga Erico, I broke it down for you but you seems not to understand. Now I'll re-explain.

For the records, I currently work at Dantata&Sawoe, Abuja.

Say the ministry of works advertised for pre-qualification bidding for a particular development and Dantata & Sawoe is interested in bidding for the project; Here- Ministry of work is the client. And D&S is the contractor/builder.
Statutorily, Ministry of works has a resident QS that is in charge of quantifying the project, developing detailed cost and and monitoring the figures to be submitted by any chosen contractor among other duties.

D&S receives tender documents from the ministry and gives them to THEIR OWN Resident QS. Also, the architect and structural engineer at D&S prepare detail drawing and forward to the Tender department vis-a-vis quantity surveying department. The QS now prepares a comprehensive BOQ from the information available, valuations and other certificates at the inception of work to be submitted to Ministry.

Now if D&S is finally chosen to handle the development, throughout the construction life, both QSs keep measuring works, comparing values to eradicate corruption. D&S QS prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports, progress of work, access and egress of materials and monthly valuations to be submitted to the Ministry through her QS

The ministry's QS also report to her employer, checks valuations submitted by Q&S, interim certificates and approves payment.

Throughout the life cycle of the project, both professionals defend the interest of their clients fiercely, and make sure work does not escalate beyond allocated cost.

Do you understand sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2016
Excuseme, LastPage, CommonSense101 how many times would you be told that your behaviour is leaning on the following.

v0uyeur : I do not want to be associated with you, so is it by force ! grin Mavverick/Erico/Others have exposed you, so get a life and stop being fixated about Mavverick.

phycopath : you have lost it, you are amazed by Mavverick because he has acheived what you have failed to achieve in your miserable life (show us proof), and what your forefathers have also failed to achieve it could be a curse. So that your pikin wey you dey find British passport for, you should focus on that. Excuseme opening a new moniker as commonsense and then telling commonsense not to bother. This is turning to something else oo. medicine dey for craze so grin

sociopath : Na only Bosun Shoyoye you dey support here, dont you have loved ones. Is Bosun Shoyoye on NL the only person you have, and of course your imaginary EFCC grin

so that your pikin wey you born for abroad, shay na 419 and would you name him/her Bosun ?
you no get motive here, so go away and let us learn. how many times are you going to be told, Bosun has left, when will you leave also ?

If you dont shut your shitty mouth, we will shut it for you and by the way most people enjoy your show of stupidity which is on show here, I just find it boring because I have better things to do, one if which is to put people like you in a real job shocked by the way I am looking for a post finishing cleaner, Excuseme I get you for mind.

Excuzeme:

Dont mind the 'fowl'.

It is one of those monickers that the LEPER uses when he wants to do his hatchet job.

You cant see l did not even respond to the inconsequential FOWL.

I have decided to end this back and forth, when l said l would do so as a sign of respect to the Contractor whose thread l used as a reference but the LEPER Maverick would not let me be. HE wants to blame me for what happened on a thread l did not write or even know anything about simply because it exposed him as an EVIL FRAUD and ABUSER of Contractors/Artisans

if you check since where l said l will drop this matter, the LEPERS have been using their multiple user i.d's to abuse me and call me all sorts of names like l care.

Let them bring it on, l am not one of those people they pressurise to capitulate, and then pretend like they are friends when in the real sense, its all just smelly HYPOCRISY.

I have asked that this kind of unrelated discussion be moved to the threads created to bash Brabus but they all refused and insist they must derail this thread, even forced Alhaji M to accede to it. undecided

@Commonsense1.
Dont get bothered, it is their standard practice to associate anyone they cant control to Brabus.
They will soon say you are Brabus or you share the money with brabus or you are lastpage or some other monicker that makes them tremble. grin

I am Excuzeme, l have made my point, l am not willing to bow out for these LEPERS and l will continue to use my id to say my mind.
Apologies to the good people here, l asked over and over again that we not derail this thread but these LEPERS used that to pounce on me.

Maverick is a worker-abuser and KARMA has caught up with him this time around. Brabus is his NEMESIS.
Stop cheating the poor workers after using them to sweat on your house. Their Sweat will ALWAYS be a CURSE on your head.

If the LEPERS shut their shitty mouth, l will sheath my sword otherwise, l will respond to them in kind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2016
Lol grin grin
We dont know which is which oo. This one that Excuseme don bring commonsense101 into the mix, I wonder if the pikin go be thief pass 419.

erico2k2:

Bross wen man n woman meet na to born pikin nah
When 41 and 9 meet them go Born 419 grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
NLresidentQS:

Oga Erico, I broke it down for you but you seems not to understand. Now I'll re-explain.

For the records, I currently work at Dantata&Sawoe, Abuja.

Say the ministry of works advertised for pre-qualification bidding for a particular development and Dantata & Sawoe is interested in bidding for the project; Here- Ministry of work is the client. And D&S is the contractor/builder.
Statutorily, Ministry of works has a resident QS that is in charge of quantifying the project, developing detailed cost and and monitoring the figures to be submitted by any chosen contractor among other duties.

D&S receives tender documents from the ministry and gives them to THEIR OWN Resident QS. Also, the architect and structural engineer at D&S prepare detail drawing and forward to the Tender department vis-a-vis quantity surveying department. The QS now prepares a comprehensive BOQ from the information available, valuations and other certificates at the inception of work to be submitted to Ministry.

Now if D&S is finally chosen to handle the development, throughout the construction life, both QSs keep measuring works, comparing values to eradicate corruption. D&S QS prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports, progress of work, access and egress of materials and monthly valuations to be submitted to the Ministry through her QS

The ministry's QS also report to her employer, checks valuations submitted by Q&S, interim certificates and approves payment.

Throughout the life cycle of the project, both professionals defend the interest of their clients fiercely, and make sure work does not escalate beyond allocated cost.

Do you understand sir?
Garritttt grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
erico2k2:

Garritttt grin grin

@ Erico; in addition to what NlresidentQS says, the quantity surveyor is the person responsible for figuring out just what a construction project is going to cost. They have other roles too, especially making sure that construction costs are managed as efficiently as possible.

Quantity surveyors have this title because they prepare a ‘schedule of quantities’ — estimates of the material and labour costs — that contractors’ tenders can be measured against. (However, contractors are not selected for cost alone.) The schedule is also called a cost estimate.

Other names for people employed with quantity surveying qualifications include estimator, cost engineer, cost manager, cost analyst, project coordinator, project cost controller and cost planner.

Quantity surveyors’ main roles are:

• managing the finances for any kind of construction project, whether it’s a house, a high-rise, a bridge, etc

• working to keep the project on time

• working to keep the project within the budget

• making sure that construction costs are managed as efficiently as possible

• Resolving disputes between contracting parties in terms of measurements and cost

Before the project, the quantity surveyors calculate a budget based on their client's requirements. They prepare detailed estimates to ensure the budget is sufficient for each stage of construction.

Their main task is to find out what a construction project will cost, including materials, labour, and services.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kopell and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.