Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378960 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TouchstoneNgr: 8:06pm On Aug 22, 2016
danowena:

Madam and sir,

From my little research, insects eating MDF and HDF is a no-no. Unless the person was sold something else. These are imported wood that were treated from the factory. In fact if you visit the warehouse, you will experience irritation.

I have lived in houses with these as furnishings, no insect issues like the usual plywood. But we learn everyday as the insects in those areas could be ajebo.

Cc: touchstonengr; spyder880 ,

Do you think insects eat HDF and MDF? Or have you seen where this occurred?

Melamine, the outer coating, is usually undamaged. MDF (medium density fiberboard) has some form of additives in the glue that makes it termite resistant.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
battleaxe:
In light of recent statements and to steer the conversation in a different direction, I think some of what we lack generally is like a builders directory or standard rates that are applicable for services.

I do not believe that most of the people based in diaspora, especially who have worked/work by the hour would be against paying people their dues.

The issue is, what is this standard pay?

How do I know when I am paying a premium, or when someone is cheating me?

To be clear, it's fair for everyone to put a premium on their rates and say this is what I am offering extra that you cannot get by paying Mr. A, X amount.

Until such a time, people will have to wander in the dark, negotiate and perhaps give the impression that they're trying to score a cheap deal.

So, is it possible to have a directory of rates? It can be updated per time as required.

Costing of projects, rate and it's dynamics are a specialty that goes far more than 1+1=2.

While some builders/professionals may argue that what is technical about costing? Experience has shown that having a foresight of what your project cost will look like, keeping an eye of the cost so far..has a drastic way of driving down cost in itself.

Many people love 'billing-as-i-build', 'excel-billing', and other quick fix of billing, but in the end, they cannot obviously see any relationship between items.

The quantity surveyor is a cost don. He has a perfect knowledge of the rates in his locality, he understands cash flow, he is best at cost control and price estimation.

Little wonder he is always at logger heads with other professionals who believe he only exist to reduce their profit.

Anyway I'm just saying, engage a quantity surveyor in your project, a honest quantity surveyor, and thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
NLresidentQS:

Costing of projects, rate and it's dynamics are a specialty that goes far more than 1+1=2.

While some builders/professionals may argue that what is technical about costing? Experience has shown that having a foresight of what your project cost will look like, keeping an eye of the cost so far..has a drastic way of driving down cost in itself.

Many people love 'billing-as-i-build', 'excel-billing', and other quick fix of billing, but in the end, they cannot obviously see any relationship between items.

The quantity surveyor is a cost don. He has a perfect knowledge of the rates in his locality, he understands cash flow, he is best at cost control and price estimation.

Little wonder he is always at logger heads with other professionals who believe he only exist to reduce their profit.

Anyway I'm just saying, engage a quantity surveyor in your project, a honest quantity surveyor, and thank me later.
Can I ask you something, who do you think employs the services of a QS? the workman or the client?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
Larwin:
Have been following this thread for quite a while now. I ve follow and unfollow. I think where most people in the diaspora missed it is the point that they want quality but cheap services. It all started when you begin to compare quotes.

Mr. Larwin... but I beg to disagree with you. Quality Yes, but higher price/quote does not mean quality.
As soon as some people see that you are calling from diaspora, their mind started thinking of buying a Mercedes on a simple job.
You just have to know which Builder/Contractors/Service Provider you are dealing with. Some people just simply think by adding
"Engineer" to their name deserves more in their quotation.... Yes, charge me your fees but not over quoting me.
I have worked with some Engineers/Contractors/Builders/Servicemen here on Nairaland, so I do know what I am talking about.
And the above does not apply only to people from Diaspora, but also native people at home too...
Until we can have a standard of measuring job and the quality in Naija, this kind of thing will not end.

When someone do some good work for you apart from their fees, there is something we call "TIPS" here...which can be added as gratuity
to show your happiness towards the good job they have done.. I have done this several times... and most of our people are surprised when this is done...
I hope you can understand a little from what I have explained above...

Hajji M.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
adeekiti:
I will like to say this, all issues with Maverick was resolved and both parties moved on and I have no bussiness with any worker at his site or regarding their payment. Thanks and regards to him

Yes. You are right because I was involved in settlement of the dispute. Settled amicably and everyone was happy too.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
vanbonattel:

SUPPOSING I SHOCK YOU BY TELLING YOU BRABUS IS THE SAME PERSON AS "AM ALONE", THE OLUWA CHAMPION?
Make I go back go complete my 2011 brabus transformation grin

Nah which kind trouble you dey bring out again so?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
mufutau55:

Mr. Larwin... but I beg to disagree with you. Quality Yes, but higher price/quote does not mean quality.
As soon as some people see that you are calling from diaspora, their mind started thinking of buying a Mercedes on a simple job.
You just have to know which Builder/Contractors/Service Provider you are dealing with. Some people just simply think by adding
"Engineer" to their name deserves more in their quotation.... Yes, charge me your fees but not over quoting me.
I have worked with some Engineers/Contractors/Builders/Servicemen here on Nairaland, so I do know what I am talking about.
And the above does not apply only to people from Diaspora, but also native people at home too...
Until we can have a standard of measuring job and the quality in Naija, this kind of thing will not end.

When someone do some good work for you apart from their fees, there is something we call "TIPS" here...which can be added as gratuity
to show your happiness towards the good job they have done.. I have done this several times... and most of our people are surprised when this is done...
I hope you can understand a little from what I have explained above...

Hajji M.

u r right sir, some people will over high Dere charges once they know yr calling from abroad and hope you know dat some too will under quote u so as to entice the client. This is where the client has to be very careful. This issue is very complex. Am just happy for a forum like ds cos it's going to save millions of people

Dere is no standard quote but Every person/organisation have their standard which can be compared. It is from quote comparison and other technical information about the organization decisions should be based on.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2016
erico2k2:

Can I ask you something, who do you think employs the services of a QS? the workman or the client?

Both. A QS protects the interest of his 'client' fiercely. Be it the contractor or the client...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akeme1: 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
Any one know of trusted person that work at alausa that can help to process Governor's consent?

Please if any one know any good person do let me know

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
NLresidentQS:

Both. A QS protects the interest of his 'client' fiercely. Be it the contractor or the client...
Why should I employ a QS as a client ? cos I can negotiate with a brick layer per block and pay at the end of the day, how does a QC help in reducing that cost? any magic bargaining power I'm missing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
Larwin:

u r right sir, some people will over high Dere charges once they know yr calling from abroad and hope you know dat some too will under quote u so as to entice the client. This is where the client has to be very careful. This issue is very complex. Am just happy for a forum like ds cos it's going to save millions of people

Dere is no standard quote but Every person/organisation have their standard which can be compared. It is from quote comparison and other technical information about the organization decisions should be based on.

I agreed with you that some people will also underquote... and Yes, if you look carefully at my signature.. it says plenty....
I or We, don't mind paying extra for quality work because we have the taste, but cover-charging diasporas because they are not on ground is not accepted.. Our looking for cheaper quotes is born out of previous experience or warnings from those who have been cheated.
But I do understand where you are coming from...

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:10am On Aug 23, 2016
Oldlayez:

I used to place you in the category as spyder and co, but everything changed when excuzme pasted that link and what I read there didn't make you look good and here i was thinking that Brabus and eghosajohnny were crooks o.. I can never award any contract to your company. You gossip, you leak personal chats etc etc..

You should not have to worry about giving any job to Adeekiti... I have introduced him to some of my friends who have given him job without any problem. Take my word for it. Thanks.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 1:16am On Aug 23, 2016
topsy23:

Yes we do electrical installation, I have checked Adeekiti thread he only mentioned some people that worked on maverick site had issues with him but am not among oooo. I knw the man that did the electrical installtions and I do go there to check his work then during piping and wiring stages. I and maverick are friends and no issue between us

Thanks

At times, you say 'I worked there', at times you say 'l did not work there"!
Anyway, l was only quoting what was written by another person who worked there and felt cheated by Maverick.
I did not write those things. See below, where @topsy was mentioned.

adeekiti:
I will like to say this, all issues with Maverick was resolved [/b]and both parties moved on and I have no bussiness with any worker at his site or regarding their payment. Thanks and regards to him

[b]Are you saying NOW, it never happened? are you saying you lied against him?

There is a difference between IT HAPPENED and was RESOLVED and IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Are you saying you did not write those things with your user i'd?
When it has been resolved, why then did you not remove/delete those weighty allegations from the net to show that it was not true and you were lying against him?
It is not just one quote, its in over eight different quotes!
Mind you, l am not asking you to fall out with him again (if l could quote this without mentioning you, as a CONTRACTOR, l would but it is not possible), l am just showing "What was said about him, by ONE of those who worked for him.[/b]
Things that finally came to pass.

mufutau55:

Yes. You are right because I was involved in settlement of the dispute. Settled amicably and everyone was happy too.

Hajji M.

An issue being SETTLED/RESOLVED does not mean it never happened, it just means both parties decided to forgo the issue.
Unfortunately, in this age of internet, [b]EVIL is NEVER FORGOTTEN COMPLETELY or why is the matter still ONLINE till today?

I know there is a lot of HYPOCRISY going on here and many others have said it before.
I also know that if you as a contractor, you depend on Clients (here) to give you jobs and it is not uncommon to say something today, and then deny it tomorrow afterall, Man must Chop!
I also know there is a lot of 'phone-conversations' going on in the background, to make it seem it never happened. lipsrsealed
But it still there on that thread for all to read[b] and it was not written by @Excuzeme. I just made reference to it[/b]

In my former post, l made a reference to KARMA!
You do evil, expect Evil to follow you when you least expected it.
You do good, expect good to follow you.
We all (including me) will reap whatever we sow, sooner or later.
That is what KARMA is all about.

That word came about when l realized that Maverick is NOT ACTUALLY different from Brabus in manner of behaviour - People who deny others of their wealth/entitlement

Just that in one case, Maverick was the Client who got 'brabused' when he himself have 'mavericked' Artisans/Workers who worked for him.

That an issue of cheating your workers was 'resolved', does not mean it never happened. It changes nothing because it should not have happened in the first place. These are people who have a family and live on those small-small amounts they laboured for, mostly in the hot sun.

I did not write those quotes.
Adeekiti wrote them.
Except he is saying he was lying against Maverick when he wrote those things (in which case he deserves punishment from above),
Those things HAPPENED.
Just read those comments again and you will get it.

Just like this Brabus matter will become HISTORY one day, (after being resolved), it does not mean it did not happen.
Those things HAPPENED.

I only made reference to them so that we all know that (in my own understanding), Maverick is reaping some of the Evil he sowed.
One day, Brabus will reap his own. maybe he will go somewhere to ask for help against his oppressors but it is just KARMA having a laugh at him.

I will enjoin everyone here, if you want GOOD to always happen to you, DO GOOD to others.
If you do otherwise, when KARMA pays you back, you will know in your heart that you deserve it but ego and pride will not let you confess the truth.

If l took time to read the 'history' of the one of these LEPERS called Maverick, l would not bother myself one bit because l would have understand that he is only reaping what he has sowed in the past.

We learn everyday. I have learnt to check the background properly, before dabbling into a matter, if l should even.

'Those who 'kill others' to survive, will one day meet same as their reward, when they hope to survive.
Maverick, STOP crying, you have only reaped what you sowed (wickedness) into your Artisans/Workers life by cheating them.

When it is time for Brabus and anyone else to reap what they sowed, we would all reap our own.
You just got served.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 1:18am On Aug 23, 2016
This is the concluding part.

You can say whatever rubbish you want to say using you rmultiple i.d's but l am sure in your heart, you know you are only reaping what you sow.

KARMA is a bi**tch

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:08am On Aug 23, 2016
vanbonattel:
How can BRABUS be "AM ALONE" OLUWA CHAMPOIN

SUPPOSING I SHOCK YOU BY TELLING YOU BRABUS IS THE SAME PERSON AS "AM ALONE", THE OLUWA CHAMPION?

Make I go back go complete my 2011 brabus transformation grin
You need to stop if is a joke, you need to proved this to us.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:39am On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks to everyone on this forum , Hajji,mr Mavverick(boss),egunmogaji baba, mr Yusuf , mummy gabbytabby, boss Bplenty, every boss on Nairaland and our other clients in diaspora who gave us their projects, it shows how much love you have for Adeekiti. I can't express how much I feel great to have known you all. God bless you all. Hajj greater you sir. #walkingoutforgood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 7:04am On Aug 23, 2016
Last page i wish you could place a curse on brabus the way you did on maverick and his artisans. Why did you put brabus in the future principle? You should have cursed maverick and brabus at the same time or are you saying brabus is innocent? The more you try to justify the more you look fooolish

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2016
mufutau55:

I agreed with you that some people will also underquote... and Yes, if you look carefully at my signature.. it says plenty....
I or We, don't mind paying extra for quality work because we have the taste, but cover-charging diasporas because they are not on ground is not accepted.. Our looking for cheaper quotes is born out of previous experience or warnings from those who have been cheated.
But I do understand where you are coming from...

Hajji M.

Yea, higher quote or lower quote... people justhave to chose carefully and wisely.... That's the only way to avoid falling into a wrong hand.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 9:23am On Aug 23, 2016
Larwin:

Yea, higher quote or lower quote... people justhave to chose carefully and wisely.... That's the only way to avoid falling into a wrong hand.

Get about five(5) quotes. Eliminate the highest and lowest and then take the average of the remaining three and see where it falls. When i was doing my roofing, i took five(5) quotes. The highest or lowest did not get the job. I was watching the women synchronized swimming event of the last Olympics where i heard the commentator explained how the marks are arrived at. She said that there is a panel of five(5) judges. The highest and lowest marks are eliminated while the marks of the remaining three are averaged out to arrive at the score for the competitors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2016
NL1960:

Get about five(5) quotes. Eliminate the highest and lowest and then take the average of the remaining three and see where it falls. When i was doing my roofing, i took five(5) quotes. The highest or lowest did not get the job. I was watching the women synchronized swimming event of the last Olympics where i heard the commentator explained how the marks are arrived at. She said that there is a panel of five(5) judges. The highest and lowest marks are eliminated while the marks of the remaining three are averaged out to arrive at the score for the competitors.

smiley smiley smileyThat Elimination method dey somehow o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2016
NL1960:

In the real sense of it, you ought to subscribe to the services of a Quantity surveyor, He would quantity your building from foundation to finishing with pin point accuracy.
The Bill of Quantity prepared by the QS would now be the medium you use to select a contractor for your builder or capenter for your roof.
Lets assume the sum of your building according to the QS is 20million, if several contractors come with wuotes of 10m,17m,19m,21m,25m,30m. You strike out the 10 and 17m because they lack the ability according to theire fiancial bid to do the job( it might result in the contractor running away with your money or doing a substandard job for you) , You also strike out the 25m and 30m because they are have gone out of the budget.
You are left with 19 and 21m. Thats were you now look at the competency of the contractor and check previous jobs he/she as done. If the 21m is more competent, you give him the job.
Just like the way clients run away from carrying out a Geothecnical test, is the same way the run away from acquiring the services of a Quantity Surveyor because they want to save cost to the detriment of their building in some cases

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 9:57am On Aug 23, 2016
erico2k2:

Why should I employ a QS as a client ? cos I can negotiate with a brick layer per block and pay at the end of the day, how does a QC help in reducing that cost? any magic bargaining power I'm missing

The boss said it all. Please read below. Good morning.

podosci:

In the real sense of it, you ought to subscribe to the services of a Quantity surveyor, He would quantity your building from foundation to finishing with pin point accuracy.
The Bill of Quantity prepared by the QS would now be the medium you use to select a contractor for your builder or capenter for your roof.
Lets assume the sum of your building according to the QS is 20million, if several contractors come with wuotes of 10m,17m,19m,21m,25m,30m. You strike out the 10 and 17m because they lack the ability according to theire fiancial bid to do the job( it might result in the contractor running away with your money or doing a substandard job for you) , You also strike out the 25m and 30m because they are have gone out of the budget.
You are left with 19 and 21m. Thats were you now look at the competency of the contractor and check previous jobs he/she as done. If the 21m is more competent, you give him the job.
Just like the way clients run away from carrying out a Geothecnical test, is the same way the run away from acquiring the services of a Quantity Surveyor because they want to save cost to the detriment of their building in some cases
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 10:12am On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks @podosci for dat explanation....

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2016
@all, are you advising/advocating one employ the services of a QS personnel for a small private duplex? And I can see you including prices, is this advisable in our ever changing prices in the construction industry?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 11:07am On Aug 23, 2016
Excuseme/Lastpage

I was already bored after reading 2 paragraphs and I didnt bother reading the rest, so you argue with Eriko / 3strike / Topsy and now Mavverick. So did you not sell enough oranges to hawk today or is it me that said that they should refuse your British passport application when person give you/you give belle, and you wan come born pikin abroad ?

[size=14pt]Remember, I stand by what I said Excuseme/Lastpage (Mr or Mrs), you are all psychopaths and sociopaths ![/size]

Lets get your point, you are trying to stir up what has been long settled and buried, so if you no get job to do, let me give you an objective, Nigeria only won one BRONZE in Rio 2016, if you wan dey fight online, make you channel your anger and start learning GIDIGBO, maybe you can win a medal for Nigeria in 2020 in Tokyo.

Adeekiti has said the below, so what he said about my workers was misguided and a statement that wasn't wise/isn't true, he has come to learn his mistakes\regret it, and admitted to it, that's what you call courage which a man/woman like Excuseme lacks in great portions, what does Excuseme not lack ? A lot

So you lack credibility, and whatever you say is borne out of jealousy, being a supporter of fraud yourself and an enemy of progress. I recommend that should shut your dirty mouth/hide your fingers and [size=18pt]GET A LIFE[/size], If you dont find one, I will find one for you, you can start by showing us your 5 houses and your finished burglary !

Excuzeme:

At times, you say 'I worked there', at times you say 'l did not work there"!
Anyway, l was only quoting what was written by another person who worked there and felt cheated by Maverick.
I did not write those things. See below, where @topsy was mentioned.

Are you saying NOW, it never happened? are you saying you lied against him?
There is a difference between IT HAPPENED and was RESOLVED and IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Are you saying you did not write those things with your user i'd?
When it has been resolved, why then did you not remove/delete those weighty allegations from the net to show that it was not true and you were lying against him?
It is not just one quote, its in over eight different quotes!
Mind you, l am not asking you to fall out with him again (if l could quote this without mentioning you, as a CONTRACTOR, l would but it is not possible), l am just showing "What was said about him, by ONE of those who worked for him.[/b]
Things that finally came to pass.

An issue being SETTLED/RESOLVED does not mean it never happened, it just means both parties decided to forgo the issue.
Unfortunately, in this age of internet, [b]EVIL is NEVER FORGOTTEN COMPLETELY or why is the matter still ONLINE till today?

I know there is a lot of HYPOCRISY going on here and many others have said it before.
I also know that if you as a contractor, you depend on Clients (here) to give you jobs and it is not uncommon to say something today, and then deny it tomorrow afterall, Man must Chop!
I also know there is a lot of 'phone-conversations' going on in the background, to make it seem it never happened. lipsrsealed
But it still there on that thread for all to read[b] and it was not written by @Excuzeme. I just made reference to it[/b]

In my former post, l made a reference to KARMA!
You do evil, expect Evil to follow you when you least expected it.
You do good, expect good to follow you.
We all (including me) will reap whatever we sow, sooner or later.
That is what KARMA is all about.

That word came about when l realized that Maverick is NOT ACTUALLY different from Brabus in manner of behaviour - People who deny others of their wealth/entitlement

Just that in one case, Maverick was the Client who got 'brabused' when he himself have 'mavericked' Artisans/Workers who worked for him.

That an issue of cheating your workers was 'resolved', does not mean it never happened. It changes nothing because it should not have happened in the first place. These are people who have a family and live on those small-small amounts they laboured for, mostly in the hot sun.

I did not write those quotes.
Adeekiti wrote them.
Except he is saying he was lying against Maverick when he wrote those things (in which case he deserves punishment from above),
Those things HAPPENED.
Just read those comments again and you will get it.

Just like this Brabus matter will become HISTORY one day, (after being resolved), it does not mean it did not happen.
Those things HAPPENED.

I only made reference to them so that we all know that (in my own understanding), Maverick is reaping some of the Evil he sowed.
One day, Brabus will reap his own. maybe he will go somewhere to ask for help against his oppressors but it is just KARMA having a laugh at him.

I will enjoin everyone here, if you want GOOD to always happen to you, DO GOOD to others.
If you do otherwise, when KARMA pays you back, you will know in your heart that you deserve it but ego and pride will not let you confess the truth.

If l took time to read the 'history' of the one of these LEPERS called Maverick, l would not bother myself one bit because l would have understand that he is only reaping what he has sowed in the past.

We learn everyday. I have learnt to check the background properly, before dabbling into a matter, if l should even.

'Those who 'kill others' to survive, will one day meet same as their reward, when they hope to survive.
Maverick, STOP crying, you have only reaped what you sowed (wickedness) into your Artisans/Workers life by cheating them.

When it is time for Brabus and anyone else to reap what they sowed, we would all reap our own.
You just got served.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2016
Excuzeme / Lastpage fell from glory to shame....gone are the days when his/her post use to make sense. Not anymore.

This is Karma!...he got shame instead of respect...God exposes evil doers and their supporters.

Lastpage see your life......

Brabus and Lastpage / Excuzeme are Fraudsters!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 11:43am On Aug 23, 2016
jossy26:
@all, are you advising/advocating one employ the services of a QS personnel for a small private duplex? And I can see you including prices, is this advisable in our ever changing prices in the construction industry?
Thats why i prefer a consultancy approach in dealling with certain companies. Negotiate a consultancy service with your QS, he/she would offer you his services through the duration of the projec. He would be able to adjust the BOQ to reflect price fluntuations.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
So if I may ask sir, are you building currently and have you engaged the services of a QS? How much do they charge?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
Maverick you want to start writing like madam lastpage. No copy bad thing.
Johnny Eghosa has more credibility than Excuzeme and brabus combined. At least we never hear sey Johnny build house when sink.
Madam last page has been relegated to the dustbin of history due to his support of fraudulent act, he came with last page he was dealt a heavy blow, he went back and restragize and came back with Excuzeme and he was given a technical knockout.
Una bad for here, chei dearis is God ooooo

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
podosci:

Thats why i prefer a consultancy approach in dealling with certain companies. Negotiate a consultancy service with your QS, he/she would offer you his services through the duration of the projec. He would be able to adjust the BOQ to reflect price fluntuations.
Is the QS not in a beter position to negotiate a cost range to the builder rather than the client ? From my knowledge it's the QS that give a valid quotation to a company to use in giving cost as negotiations to prospective clients .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
back2sender:
Maverick you want to start writing like madam lastpage. No copy bad thing.
Johnny Eghosa has more credibility than Excuzeme and brabus combined. At least we never hear sey Johnny build house when sink.
Madam last page has been relegated to the dustbin of history due to his support of fraudulent act, he came with last page he was dealt a heavy blow, he went back and restragize and came back with Excuzeme and he was given a technical knockout.
Una bad for here, chei dearis is God ooooo
How darkness wan take hide light

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ugo99: 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Biko Why do people want to derail this thread If the 2 people concerned in a matter say there is no issue. Let me say to the troublemaker mechi onu grin make you go sit down somewhere. The thread was serving its useful purpose stop trying to derail it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Adedward(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.