Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,211 members, 7,849,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4475368 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:59pm On May 01, 2017
kopell:
Sorry to say this, there in nothing called MEDIUM YEILD from my experience. That was where my predicament started, with this so called medium yield. The first driller, our agreement was to drill 60 meters according to the report. He drilled between 38 and 40 meters and he hit water. Unfortunately I later found out his machine could not drill through the rock above the 40 meters. He stopped and told me that it was a medium yield. Everyday we tried, he pumped for half hour with low pressure and it stopped pumping. We did this back and forth for over 2 months arguing about pump and generator. He told me that the generator had no power to pump. He made over 30 appointments in between 2 months and only showed up twice. I finally made up my mind and told him I am ready to pay all over again and that was when he opened up, and introduce me to the driller. That could drill it with the right equipment, it took about 2 days to get the guys to the site. In 4 hours their machine blasted through the rock, hit the water aquifer. I stopped them at 70 meters, according to my average calculation between the two tests that I did. The total length of the borehole 70 meters pumping depth is 46 meters laid out pipes to the tower is about another 16 meters. The total pumping length is about 62 meters. We were able to pump 5000 liters in exactly 1 hour with high pressure pumping in every 4 hours . Enclosed is a result of the first medium yield pumping at 38-40 meters.
. If you want to know the actual depth of your borehole just check the number of 4/6" pipes your driller came with. Each pipe is about 10meters in length.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2017
DInkMan:
Hi learned colleagues,

on d brink of tilling my appartment. and being a patriot, lol, saw nicely made and not too pricey Nigerian product called PNT but i ve been discouraged they said it doesnt stand the test of time. that i should rather opt for Goodwill. how true is this assertion? thanks

It's true.. PNT breaks easily.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:04pm On May 01, 2017
These borehole issus ehn.. it's not easy..

if you know, you know
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 01, 2017
AngelicBeing:
l know this question was not directed at me but while reading another thread, l saw your question and decided to point you here, there are capable builders / Engineers / contractors here that will assist and guide you, alternatively, you can read through the thread and be enlightened & guided properly, there are several 6 bedroom projects displayed by different people on this thread and others built by different Builders, sieve through the thread & property section in general and approach capable hands, property section is an ocean of wealth & knowledge wink

Thank you so much kiss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 12:03am On May 02, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:17am On May 02, 2017
Marilo:

Are these Tiger TMT?
Local Tiger is 240,000/ton
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 1:04am On May 02, 2017
Chekitaut:
Local
Tiger is 240,000/ton

Hello

I text you on bb yesterday but no reply. How do I get 100 tons of quarry waste?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:52am On May 02, 2017
twinskenny:

Nawa o all this money money borehole..my neighbour pay on 165k.
May be area dependent sha

Yes. Depend on the area o. I paid 150k in 2012 in Ado-Odo area of Ogun State but some said I paid too much sef... it was supposed to be 90-100k they said, but I was just too happy to get water instead of buying for the project. Still pumping water like Lagos Lagoon o. And only about 30 or 40 meters.. forgot exactly.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obeseke: 2:47am On May 02, 2017
Master19:

I recently bought wood somewhere in the east @ the prices listed below;

3x 4 x 12= 800

2x 4 x 12= 450

2x 3 x 18= 550

1 x 10x 12= 1300

Good luck.
My advise is you buy it yourself then negotiate for workmanship with the carpenter.

Do 2 x 3 come in 16ft or 12ft? Have bought about 450 pieces in Lagos but it has been about 12ft maximum @ N350 each. Have I been short-changed somehow? Kindly help clarify to avoid a recurrence pls.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:23am On May 02, 2017
erico2k2:

Some areas you have to appease the gods to get water from the ground ie Enugu state.

LOL at appeasing the gods cheesy cheesy

But its a serious thing getting water here in Enugu, you may spend N5 million on drilling without being sure you can hit good water.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:41am On May 02, 2017
Obeseke:

Do 2 x 3 come in 16ft or 12ft? Have bought about 450 pieces in Lagos but it has been about 12ft maximum @ N350 each. Have I been short-changed somehow? Kindly help clarify to avoid a recurrence pls.

12ft in lagos , 16 ft in benin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dharmillic(f): 8:25am On May 02, 2017
Want to know the current price of cement? want to have an idea of the cost of building materials in Nigeria?

Check it out here >>> https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/cost-of-building-materials-in-nigeria/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:28am On May 02, 2017
abunafiu:

I have installed a number of solar pumps. But if u want more information about solar pumps, you may contact "Drealgeesam" a nairalander too.

https://www.nairaland.com/1793602/solar-powered-borehole-full-construction

The ones I have installed were very efficient and pumps at an average of 50 litres per minute.
It requires a minimum of 190Vdc to power it. Some require as much as 300vdc.
You will require a number of solar panels in series to achieve the target DC voltage.
The cost of procurement is not friendly at all. Apart from solar panel cost, a very good DC pump is from 700k and above.

So in my own case, I simply used my 0.5hp AC pump connected to my 5kva inverter. Remember my PV strength is 4000w so I can conveniently accommodate the pump.

190v dc?...lol...i waka pass. u said ur ac pump is 0.5hp, any regrets?...i wonder why people install 1.5hp and above sumo pumps, is it cos of long piping/tank distance?
my tank stand is going to be about 30ft to 40ft, high , 1 storey building, and maybe ground piping of about 20 to 30ft, am thinking of sticking to 0.5hp or worst case 0.75hp ac pump to conserve energy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fullz: 8:29am On May 02, 2017
I was so surprised when I saw these guys spending above 100k for a borehole. Portharcourt is blessed o.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obeseke: 8:36am On May 02, 2017
segzy14:

12ft in lagos , 16 ft in benin

Thanks bro; I appreciate your response
Nice week
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:52am On May 02, 2017
mufutau55:

Yes. Depend on the area o. I paid 150k in 2012 in Ado-Odo area of Ogun State but some said I paid too much sef... it was supposed to be 90-100k they said, but I was just too happy to get water insteadvof buying for the project. Still pumping water like Lagos Lagoon o. And only about 30 or 40 meters.. forgot exactly.

Hajji M.

Very correct sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 9:29am On May 02, 2017
akinolaolujide:
Great am folks in nairaland am on vacation and decided to do something for my fellow nairalanders no matter how small here is the deal.
Within the next one month i am offering free Architectural services for 2-clients. who are interest in developing bungalow family units and 2-interested in developing a multilevel family unit.(Duplex). the services are completely free and it covers the following

1 Brief taking and development
2 Preliminary designs,
3 finalised Architectural design
4 Construction Architectural working drawings.
5 Approval drawings.

Other requisite drawings are to be procured by the client, soft and hard copy also shall be made available for the client ( for approval purpose) for services and structural drawings.
Please note its aimed towards helping those who want to building a home for their families its does not cover those aiming at commercial developments.
If you are interested you can reach me on my email address akinolaolujide@gmail.com, or arkfrakons@gmail.com.
All the best my people.
2slots gone 2more to go let's see the lucky nairalanders.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 9:30am On May 02, 2017
rabcnesbit:
Just wondering if somebody happens to know the price of a bag of 4-inch nails in Lagos right now. Just a bit confused as the prices on https://www.set2build.com/market-prices show it as N6,500 in Lekki/Ajah, and someone just told me its N11,800 in Sango Ota!

Apologies for the error sir. The bag of nails in the market ranges from N8,000 to N9,000.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 9:44am On May 02, 2017
View current prices of building materials updated today 2nd of May 2017

visit www.set2build.com/market-prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:39am On May 02, 2017
spyder880:

LOL at appeasing the gods cheesy cheesy

But its a serious thing getting water here in Enugu, you may spend N5 million on drilling without being sure you can hit good water.
Ah baba I know so .I graduated from Esuth . So I know the score I lived at Onu Asata . And served in Udi lga grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gbenke: 11:18am On May 02, 2017
earthrealm:
i saw this toilet design on another thread, i like it.
anybody seen these tiles b4 and or knows the cost?

The wall Tiles are Spanish. 25*60 it ranges between #3,000 and #4,000.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Joebaz4real: 11:20am On May 02, 2017
Master19:

I recently bought wood somewhere in the east @ the prices listed below;

3x 4 x 12= 800

2x 4 x 12= 450

2x 3 x 18= 550

1 x 10x 12= 1300

Good luck.
My advise is you buy it yourself then negotiate for workmanship with the carpenter.

Thanks so much bro, i appreciate it, strange while the small difference in lenght will mean so much high price, like the 3x4 12ft 800 and 16ft 1800, really strange. Thanks a lot bro

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by heartlove(m): 1:49pm On May 02, 2017
twinskenny:

Nawa o all this money money borehole..my neighbour pay on 165k.
May be area dependent sha

Yes. Depend on the area o. I paid 150k in 2012 in Ado-Odo area of Ogun State but some said I paid too much sef... it was supposed to be 90-100k they said, but I was just too happy to get water insteadvof buying for the project. Still pumping water like Lagos Lagoon o. And only about 30 or 40 meters.. forgot exactly.

Hajji M.

pls sir,

how much now to lay 6" block in Imota area of ikorodu. and how much is to drill borehole
thank sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by heartlove(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2017
pls sir,

how much now to lay 6" block in Imota area of ikorodu. and how much is to drill borehole
thank sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 8:57am On May 03, 2017
Another fraud on property section.. check bottom of page 2 of thread. https://www.nairaland.com/2986494/roofing-project-nairalander-nairalander-pictures/2
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bettercreature(m): 3:00pm On May 03, 2017
dharmillic:
Want to know the current price of cement? want to have an idea of the cost of building materials in Nigeria?

Check it out here >>> https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/cost-of-building-materials-in-nigeria/
It's a scam website,you are probably a scammer as well
The difference between retail price and company price of cement is about 150naira
If you get it from the depot,the difference is 80naira
Below is the screenshot from your silllly website

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nextstep(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2017
fullz:
I was so surprised when I saw these guys spending above 100k for a borehole. Portharcourt is blessed o.

Water table in Port Harcourt is low... it's in the Niger delta/creeks. You can't dig without reaching water. Further inland towards hilly Enugu the water table is much much lower, hence you have to dig deep.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Master19: 9:49pm On May 03, 2017
Obeseke:

@segzy14 already answered your question. Meanwhile in Awka 18ft is what they have. Clearly from what i understand, the price is determined by the length (ft).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:20pm On May 03, 2017
jossy26:
Another fraud on property section.. check bottom of page 2 of thread. https://www.nairaland.com/2986494/roofing-project-nairalander-nairalander-pictures/2
This is Embarassing also the nonchalant attitude of some people towards others when thier hard earned monies are at stake
This is how one president called some people %5,I thought thats the only time I will hear this word %5 now a workman on nairaland who has no regards for others is now saying among of his customers and potential customers are less than %5
Anyway its all good,thanks jossy26.Some people do not value reputation.Now I see why some people keep saying they aint doing nothing with builders on nairaland do we blame them angry angry

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:02am On May 04, 2017
FastShipping:

Hello

I text you on bb yesterday but no reply. How do I get 100 tons of quarry waste?
Quarry waste is top soil, do you mean StoneDust?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:14am On May 04, 2017
Elders statemen, please your advice
Client call me to inspect site for delivery, met with the engineer on site after much discuss, it is clearly obvious my client over trusted his engineer, my client never believed anything i said before the beginning of the project, i was not call for delivery, but now am called a permutation is called for.

Is it professional to leave the deal?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:21am On May 04, 2017
heartlove:
pls sir,

thank sir
N50/block 6"&9"

(1) (2) (3) ... (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: frontview(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.