Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433281 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tknight(m): 10:20am On Aug 05, 2017
A fenced land measuring approximately 8000m2 with Jetty at Kirikiri . Title = Lagos State Certificate of Occupancy and Price = #3bn Net .

Call:07033340933

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2017
1:1.5:3

bixton:
I saw the below mix from the link attached to that building with flat rope.

1 bag of cement, 3 headpans of sharp sand and 6 headpans of granite.

I will like to know what mix ratio is it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:53am On Aug 05, 2017
mank1234:
1:1.5:3

How many head pans of aggregate does it make your one wheelbarrow?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2017
Tknight:
A fenced land measuring approximately 8000m2 with Jetty at Kirikiri . Title = Lagos State Certificate of Occupancy and Price = #3bn Net .

Na wao, 3billion naira <>$8milliom Donald Trump Dollars @380 naira to a dollar, where is Dasuki, Diezani and other vampire looters to pay for this land tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2017
Tknight:

Bros e be like say na senate house u go for advertise this land ooo

This price pass wetin this thread go fit handle.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
johnson232:

Bros e be like say na senate house u go for advertise this land ooo

This price pass wetin this thread go fit handle.... cheesy
Ha ha ha, I agree with you on this one my brother. Adenuga globacom ceo bought house close to his mansion in Abuja few year ago for 1billon, pull it down to make packing lot for his house now. Just to know how rich are some of these people, their money no bi joke oh.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 2:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
kopell:
Ha ha ha, I agree with you on this one my brother. Adenuga globacom ceo bought house close to his mansion in Abuja few year ago for 1billon, pull it down to make packing lot for his house now. Just to know how rich are some of these people, their money no bi joke oh.
I tell u....These guys are rich...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klenz77: 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2017
Hello House,
please I need urgent help here before making a decision, my builder is giving me a ridiculous estimate of reinforcement rods for my decking/slab.
I would be glad if anybody can help to calculate the total rods required ( find drawing below). I equally need to ask if Y10 are used for slabs as my drawing is detailing this. thank you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by whalleh: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2017
Dear All,

Please can someone help me with the cost for digginga pair of soak-away (big & small) in Atan Area of Ogun State?

I'll also like to know the total cost German flooring for a building in Sango area of Ogun State. I have attached the plan for the building in the dropbox link below for your reference. I need a detailed cost analysis including materials and labour cost.

Anyone with an Idea of what it would cost in other areas can also be of help since material quantities would be almost the same. The only variations would be in the cost of the materials.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf47yk1zc6c4iqw/2%20BEDROOM%20MINI%20FLAT%20PLAN.pdf?dl=0
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
klenz77:
Hello House,
please I need urgent help here before making a decision, my builder is giving me a ridiculous estimate of reinforcement rods for my decking/slab.
I would be glad if anybody can help to calculate the total rods required ( find drawing below). I equally need to ask if Y10 are used for slabs as my drawing is detailing this. thank you
Is your builder a structural engineer?
Seems the drawings has been approved, i m seeing stamp on it....but why spacing at 200 & 250mm? isn't that too much?
Can we see the ridiculous estimate u are talking about sir?
To even know if it is actually ridiculous....Your building looks somewhat big....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2017
whalleh:
Dear All,

Please can someone help me with the cost for digginga pair of soak-away (big & small) in Atan Area of Ogun State?

I'll also like to know the total cost German flooring for a building in Sokenu Area of Atan, Ogun State. I have attached the plan for the building in the dropbox link below for your reference. I need a detailed cost analysis including materials and labour cost.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf47yk1zc6c4iqw/2%20BEDROOM%20MINI%20FLAT%20PLAN.pdf?dl=0
What is the size of the proposed soakaway & number of rooms/flat?

Detailed cost estimate is time consuming & requires little resources like airtime to know the current price of materials...it is best u engage your local builder or engineer to get optimal results....Very few builders online would wanna go through such stress...unless u want a rough estimate for guide...not detailed...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2017
klenz77:
Hello House,
Not sure most builders will be generous enough to answer this your question, why not tell us the qty your builder quoted then you will get epic responses from experience of builders and other house members
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigrovar(m): 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
Daboomb:

The man is ill, he handed over to his deputy so he can rest, yet you guys say that is not enough!
What manner of rest is it again, than being in Hospital for the past few months or should he go and rest in heaven? angry
Why dont you just come out openly that what you really want is a "change of Govt" so you can achieve, that which you lost at the polls?
Na waa for you "People-Deceiving-People" (PDP) folks o!
This hypocrisy stinks to high heavens and to think that most of you lost your voice in the last six years before Buhari came to office?
shocked shocked

As far as you are concerned, Buhari is responsible for all the woes of this country!
That is most unfair.

This is where "Me and You" defer.

Okay, l agree with you: We have a lot of problems and we should not "hide them and pretend all is well".
And l also agree that you were responding to another post.

But you should also agree that using Buhari's health situation to buttress your point was not very good.
All the Problems of Nigeria that you highlighted are true and you will also agree with me that THEY ARE CAUSED BY CORRUPTION.

If we both agree with the above, then we should also agree that though Buhari is not a "saint" but he is by far the only Nigerian leader that has shown "any attempt" to even tackle corruption:
1.) from insisting that all Ministries" and Govt Agencies should stop the usual "finish the budget allocation on Dec 31, irrespective of what you do with it"...instead, Buhari instituted the Single Treasury Account, whereby though the money is budgeted but if not spent, it must be returned to the treasury!
It also ensures that ALL INCOMES and EXPENDITURES of the Govt goes to/through a Single Govt Account. You can only imagine the effect of this when you realise that some Govt Agencies have up to 48 HIDDEN BANK ACCOUNTS! Where only the D.G, head of Finance and maybe another caucus members knows about.

2.) It is only Buhari that has boldly challenged Corruption, even refusing the New vehicles he was given and saying "Since the old ones used by Jonathan are still working, he would continue to use them".
he also sold-off some of the fleets of Aircrafts acquired by previous Govt, reducing the number to 4, from around fifteen!

3.) He is the only one who made "Corrupt Judges", as powerful and almighty as they are, to know that they are not completely untouchable

4.) He was the only one who could touch "the high and mighty thieves" in our system though the EFCC needs to be more pro-active, less noisy and use "scientific evidence/methods" to mail criminals.

I can go on and on but my Wife has just issued a fatwa on me, to come to bed right now! grin grin

It is for these reasons that "they got to him" very quickly and he has to be hospitalised.
Just think about the number of criminals that would shout hallelujah, if Buhari were to die today! undecided

Now, he did all these, took all the "bullets" for the sake of our country.
How does it now feel that it is the "same we" that will ridicule him everywhere by passing such snide remarks, about his health?
Do you think Buahri loves being in the U.K while his tenor, which he has fought for, and lost three times in the past, is wasted or used on his behalf, by another person (though his assistant)?
Dont you know that Buhari will love nothing more than to leave a lasting legacy (like J. J. Rawlings) in Nigeria, now that he is nearing his end, as a result of old age?

Do you not think that Buahri will rather be in his "other room" with Aisha, than be in a cold London hospital?

Buhari has always been a healthy man with spartan lifestyle so, for him to have undergone a few blood transfusion is an indication that he was "reborn" and his system was completely destroyed.

What the man needs is our prayers, even when we see to our chagrin that the Evil doers have kind of succeeded.
A lot of things are happening today that we all felt disappointed ..in the CHANGE we voted for but we all know that if Buhari was to be "sound and healthy", majority of these things would never happen. Who born Monkey?

In summary Sir, l am sorry if l offended you, l am also not a politician though l take absolute interest in the success of my country and her well-being.
Just imagine, that we had to dig-deep to a retired, 73yr old man, (after searching everywhere and found none that could effect the desired change) to come to our rescue!
What does that say about the level of decadence amongst our younger ones?
Kidnapping and looting everywhere!

Buhari that took office in 2015 is no longer the same person we see now, he has been weakened but is it Saraki that we want to use as replacement? God forbid!
Even a weakened Buhari (playing at the background, with Prof. Osinbajo doing the heavy lifting for him and on his behalf) is still preferable to all the thieves l see around, circling like vultures, waiting to pounce.

Let us not face each other, our common enemies are in the Senate, the Governors, Ministers, public servants who take bribe, Police, e.t.c.
I will reserve my anger for those ones.

Between me and YOU, its a good, firm handshake.

Jesus Christ. Please this is a thread about building. There is a political section where you can knock youself out on Buhari and any political issues. It's ironic that you guys come here to talk about failings in the Nigerian nation and of government yet the irony of disrupting a thread with disruptive post and the fact that doing that means u are doing the exact thing you are accusing govt of. People come here to learn and read about building a house not to see about politics. Please please and please enough of all this diversion. Some good person here is talking about roof. Let us the opportunity to follow that conversation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
klenz77:
Hello House,
Bro I don't know anybody who even given you a quote based on what you posted here. Can you try post the structural plan having its dimensions (Lenght and with,etc,etc,etc).
Be kind to also put up the estimate given to you as a check list.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
bigrovar:

Jesus Christ. Please this is a thread about building. There is a political section where you can knock youself out on Buhari and any political issues. It's ironic that you guys come here to talk about failings in the Nigerian nation and of government yet the irony of disrupting a thread with disruptive post and the fact that doing that means u are doing the exact thing you are accusing govt of. People come here to learn and read about building a house not to see about politics. Please please and please enough of all this diversion. Some good person here is talking about roof. Let us the opportunity to follow that conversation.

Not only Jesus Christ, you should have said Angel Gabriel!
How can talking about the "cause" of issues affecting Building and Building issues, disruptive?

If you think such discussions are "disruptive", then it means you are not smart enough, to realize that the "political situation" is actually the reason and cause/effect of rising price of building materials, viz-a-viz cost of housing, availability of housing, optional building techniques, the safety of buildings, viz-a-viz adulteration of building inputs like Elelctrical accesories, if you are not aware that CORRUPTION, sanctioned by Political elites, is what is making you buy fake Coleman cables and Iron rods which are causes of collapsing houses and sudden inferno, then you actually do not belong here!
I bet all those issues l mentioned are not "building issues" in your own "limited horizon and dictionary". grin grin

This thread has gone beyond the "baby level" of asking questions that have already been answered over and over in previous pages!
If you need answers to simple questions, dont be too lazy to read through the pages and sift your answers from there.
It is only when you are still stuck that people should respond to your S.O.S

We have talked about ROOF, God knows how many times (I still remember a particular time when Flat Roof Vs. Heaped Roof was a topic for over three days. its still there in those back pages but some people just want to be spoon-fed at every turn.

Anyone who cannot stomach a "complete learning experience" and just want to come here to repeat questions that have already been answered, should just lie-low or log-off during those periods when mature people look at "the bigger picture".

I owe no-one any apology, for my post.
You dont like it, you move on please. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klenz77: 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2017
Aventures:
Not sure most builders will be generous enough to answer this your question, why not tell us the qty your builder quoted then you will get epic responses from experience of builders and other house members

Thank you Aventures,
The dimension of the building is 23,190mm by 9,300mm (175.4 Sqm) this house is relatively small hence my doubt.
His total rebar quantities are:

2.5 tonnes of 16mm @ 160k par tonne = 400k
4 tonnes of 12mm @ same price = 640k
2 tonnes of 10 mm @ same price = 320k
3/4 tonnes of 8mm @ same price = 120k
Labour 150k
Total ==== N1,630,000 for Rebars alone oooo

well, I just collected the quotation yesterday and too vex to even call him for any negotiation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klenz77: 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2017
bixton:

Bro I don't know anybody who even given you a quote based on what you posted here. Can you try post the structural plan having its dimensions (Lenght and with,etc,etc,etc).
Be kind to also put up the estimate given to you as a check list.

The dimension of the building is 23,190mm by 9,300mm (175.4 Sqm) this house is relatively small hence my doubt.

Labour 150k

well, I just collected the quotation yesterday and too vex to even call him for any negotiation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 06, 2017
Daboomb:

One year ago, we bought cement at #1,400/ 1,500 but today, despite the falling value of the Dollar, it is still #2,700/ 2,800!
undecided

This is why I stopped tracking cost on my site. It's not making any sense to compare anymore.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by whalleh: 4:37am On Aug 06, 2017
johnson232:

What is the size of the proposed soakaway & number of rooms/flat?

Detailed cost estimate is time consuming & requires little resources like airtime to know the current price of materials...it is best u engage your local builder or engineer to get optimal results....Very few builders online would wanna go through such stress...unless u want a rough estimate for guide...not detailed...

Thanks Johnson232

The soak away are 10ft x 10ft x 10ft and 6ft x 6ft x 6ft.
The total sur face area for the German flooring is 167.5sqm.

A rough estimate would also make much sense.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 5:35am On Aug 06, 2017
klenz77:

Labour 150k

Going by the dimension of your building i don't think this quote is outrageous sir. Inflation of iron rods is the problem...
The only thing u need to negotiate is the 10mm, if he can make do with one ton & if iron bender labour can be reduced to 120k

But what is the 8mm for?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 5:41am On Aug 06, 2017
whalleh:

Thanks Johnson232

The soak away are 10ft x 10ft x 10ft and 6ft x 6ft x 6ft.
The total sur face area for the German flooring is 167.5sqm.

A rough estimate would also make much sense.

Thanks
Budget 35k for soakaway digging.

250/300k for the german floor.
Labour cost varies with location though...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slim101(m): 6:55am On Aug 06, 2017
Almost through with my roofing after so much kobo-kobo hustling grin, savings and ajo and things. Thanks for all the support, suggestions and my silly questions answered on this channel. I'm glad to be part of this community. kiss kiss
I will update and seek more assistance as I progress.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abbeyboy2o15(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2017
Slim101:
Almost through with my roofing after so much kobo-kobo hustling grin, savings and ajo and things. Thanks for all the support, suggestions and my silly questions answered on this channel. I'm glad to be part of this community. kiss kiss
I will update and seek more assistance as I progress.
nice structure, where is this located.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slim101(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2017
abbeyboy2o15:
nice structure, where is this located.

Thanks, Location is Ibadan. Ido LG road.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abbeyboy2o15(m): 7:48am On Aug 06, 2017
Slim101:

Thanks, Location is Ibadan. Ido LG road.
Good, oluyole wa home away from home, i no the place well, from ijokodo, apete et al, nice sha.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 7:57am On Aug 06, 2017
spyder880:
Rather than talk politics on this thread, let us talk about the politics of building materials pricing. Did you all notice that building materials manufacturers has formed a strong cartel and are milking us all to death since the last 2 years? It started with Dangote, Lafarge, Bua and Ibeto agreeing to unify their prices so none of them can reduce to create a competition that will benefit the masses and hurt their bottom line.

Now, rod makers have been alleged to meet and fix selling prices so as to benefit them, that is the reason for the recent increases across board in costs from all rods manufacturers in the last 2 weeks. What is the minister for science and industry doing to alleviate the pains of the masses, do e just fold our hands and watch instead of finding solutions to this high prices?

Reading through news items yesterday, cement manufacturers in Nigeria not only made but actually declared huge profits despite all other sectors of the economy in real recession and nursing wounds of loses.
This has a lot to tell on the unified monopoly of these groups. Knowing fully well that Nigerians have no other option, like the banks they decided to unify their sapping of our drained fluids.
It is well.
Is there a way forward?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Godisgreatest1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.