Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441996 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adegbulugbe(m): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2017
whalleh:
Dear All,

Please can someone help me with the cost for digginga pair of soak-away (big & small) in Atan Area of Ogun State?

I'll also like to know the total cost German flooring for a building in Sokenu Area of Atan, Ogun State. I have attached the plan for the building in the dropbox link below for your reference. I need a detailed cost analysis including materials and labour cost.

Cost detail is very stressful only if you need a rough estimate.but if you don't mind you can contact me cos I have a project I'm handling presently at fashogbon after The bells in Otta,I can come help take a look at the site,do the material market survey there and cost it out for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf47yk1zc6c4iqw/2%20BEDROOM%20MINI%20FLAT%20PLAN.pdf?dl=0

Costing this out will take a big stress but if you don't mind,I'm handling a duplex closer to atan at fashogbon beside The bells presently,you can contact me to come view your site,take a market surver of the area and cost it out for you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 8:59am On Aug 06, 2017
klenz77:

Thank you Aventures,
The dimension of the building is 23,190mm by 9,300mm (175.4 Sqm) this house is relatively small hence my doubt.
His total rebar quantities are:

2.5 tonnes of 16mm @ 160k par tonne = 400k
4 tonnes of 12mm @ same price = 640k
2 tonnes of 10 mm @ same price = 320k
3/4 tonnes of 8mm @ same price = 120k
Labour 150k
Total ==== N1,630,000 for Rebars alone oooo

well, I just collected the quotation yesterday and too vex to even call him for any negotiation.
The quote is way off the mark get a second opinion u shudnt be using more than 3.5 tone of reinforcement in total for the project All the best sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klenz77: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2017
akinolaolujide:

The quote is way off the mark get a second opinion u shudnt be using more than 3.5 tone of reinforcement in total for the project All the best sir.

Thank you very much. I would do just that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2017
akinolaolujide:

Sir can u break this your 3.5 tonne down?
12mm.......
10mm......
16mm.......

& what is the essence of the 8mm?
It was not included in my quote

Seems like i was cheated... cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2017
klenz77:

Thank you very much. I would do just that
Sent you a mail reply kind reply for more info
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 9:51am On Aug 06, 2017
johnson232:

12mm.......
10mm......
16mm.......

m
Sent you a mail.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2017
johnson232:

12mm.......
10mm......
16mm.......

16mm 1.5tones
12mm 1.5 tones
10mm .5 for rings i will agree with the labour for various reasons.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2017
spyder880:
Rather than talk politics on this thread, let us talk about the politics of building materials pricing. Did you all notice that building materials manufacturers has formed a strong cartel and are milking us all to death since the last 2 years? It started with Dangote, Lafarge, Bua and Ibeto agreeing to unify their prices so none of them can reduce to create a competition that will benefit the masses and hurt their bottom line.

Now, rod makers have been alleged to meet and fix selling prices so as to benefit them, that is the reason for the recent increases across board in costs from all rods manufacturers in the last 2 weeks. What is the minister for science and industry doing to alleviate the pains of the masses, do e just fold our hands and watch instead of finding solutions to this high prices?
In response to this post above, manufacturers spent 129.95billion Naira on power generation last year, it is on the front page, you can go peruse over it if you can, this are part of the cost in the production process & chain that they all go through daily and they pass it to consumers via their products, and as long as the kangaroo government both past and present didn't do enough to address nor ameliorate this issue, the masses are in for tougher times ahead, you don't expect me to spend so much to produce a bag of cement and put it in the market at a loss smiley

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 10:35am On Aug 06, 2017
akinolaolujide:
m
Sent you a mail.
Can't access my nairaland email, forgot the password & discarded the email.
I find it difficult to access pms or pm persons....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2017
akinolaolujide:

16mm 1.5tones
12mm 1.5 tones

10mm .5 for rings i will agree with the labour for various reasons.
I doubt at the bold sir....
I think it is safer for an engineer to estimate the bold at 2tones each, making it 4 tones.

Also 0.5tone for 10mm would be nice if it can just go for 1tone

Reinforcement makes a duplex different from a bungalow...

What inflated the quote was the 8mm rods...don't know his reasons for that.
Negotiating the
16mm 2.5tones to 2tones
12mm already 2 tones
10mm 2tones to 1tons.
Would have been a good one for me ooo
Iron bender labour to me was cool....Some even charge as high as 200k
But just wanted to see if d guy could beat it down to 120k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klenz77: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2017
akinolaolujide:
m
Sent you a mail.

I did not get the message, you can resend it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by klenz77: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2017
johnson232:

I think it is safer for an engineer to estimate the bold at 2tones each, making it 4 tones.

Negotiating the
16mm 2.5tones to 2tones
12mm already 2 tones
10mm 2tones to 1tons.

Thank you very much Johnson232.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
johnson232:

Negotiating the
16mm 2.5tones to 2tones
12mm already 2 tones
10mm 2tones to 1tons.
I understand your fears boss but my estimations are based on the drawings and the experience doing construction and supervising projects. Plus i can assure you cant even use all the rods u will still have left obers. The 12mm was 4tons i think. I feel that is way way too much for a 174sqm
Rule of thumb states 0.7-1.2% steel to concrete volume ratio though its not applicable in all situations but foe residential projects its well applicable and far sufficient depending on other factors other than steel.
Regatds.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinolaolujide(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
johnson232:

Negotiating the
16mm 2.5tones to 2tones
12mm already 2 tones
10mm 2tones to 1tons.

I understand your fears boss but my estimations are based on the drawings and the experience doing construction and supervising projects. Plus i can assure you cant even use all the rods u will still have left obers. The 12mm was 4tons i think. I feel that is way way too much for a 174sqm
Rule of thumb states 0.7-1.2% steel to concrete volume ratio though its not applicable in all situations but foe residential projects its well applicable and far sufficient depending on other factors other than steel.
Regards.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2017
[quote author=akinolaolujide post=59201844][/quote]
It was a mistake sir
I meant to write 3tones for the 12mm.
The quantity of 12mm for slab is always more than that of 16mm
16mm for beams don't maintain same tones with 12mm used for slab. From personal experience.
12mm always retain the highest tones....

Order of highest tones i know of;
12mm.....slabs
16mm.....beam
10mm.....rings
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
klenz77:
Thank you very much Johnson232.
U are welcome sir
Get quote from as many builders as u can...just to compare & to be sure before embarking on it...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
klenz77:

The dimension of the building is 23,190mm by 9,300mm (175.4 Sqm) this house is relatively small hence my doubt.
His total rebar quantities are:

2.5 tonnes of 16mm @ 160k par tonne = 400k
4 tonnes of 12mm @ same price = 640k
2 tonnes of 10 mm @ same price = 320k
3/4 tonnes of 8mm @ same price = 120k
Labour 150k
Total ==== N1,630,000 for Rebars alone oooo

well, I just collected the quotation yesterday and too vex to even call him for any negotiation.

This is the kind of pix needed in order to give you something to work with. Zoom and see the respective dimensions as indicated.
Is your structure a single or double deck one and which state is your project location?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
whalleh:
Dear All,

Please can someone help me with the cost for digginga pair of soak-away (big & small) in Atan Area of Ogun State?

I'll also like to know the total cost German flooring for a building in Sokenu Area of Atan, Ogun State. I have attached the plan for the building in the dropbox link below for your reference. I need a detailed cost analysis including materials and labour cost.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf47yk1zc6c4iqw/2%20BEDROOM%20MINI%20FLAT%20PLAN.pdf?dl=0
Asking for a detailed cost implies that you ought to pay for such services.

For your german floor
Material:
Portland Cement----- <80
Sharp Sand ------ 2 trips(10 tyre truck)
3/4" granite-------. < 30tons.
Labour:
Mason----2 reqd to get the work done in one day.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

In my own personal judgement on my site I will consider it expired when it starts lifting, leakky, faded, etc

Frankly, I would rip the whole shyte off now and redo it but my Wife won't have anything to do with that. angry

Maybe Skimanski, AbdulWastecx, KolaShangOne might chime in. I've heard 35/50 years banded about on here.

So na your wife dey control you? Na wa o, big man like you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2017
Demainman1:

So na your wife dey control you? Na wa o, big man like you

Yes.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
Daboomb:

This thread has gone beyond the "baby level" of asking questions that have already been answered over and over in previous pages!
If you need answers to simple questions, dont be too lazy to read through the pages and sift your answers from there.
It is only when you are still stuck that people should respond to your S.O.S

We have talked about ROOF, God knows how many times (I still remember a particular time when Flat Roof Vs. Heaped Roof was a topic for over three days. its still there in those back pages but some people just want to be spoon-fed at every turn.

Anyone who cannot stomach a "complete learning experience" and just want to come here to repeat questions that have already been answered, should just lie-low or log-off during those periods when mature people look at "the bigger picture".

I said as much that before.

The questioner threw a pansy fit (of course, ego things) and some of my old friends activated their alternate userid and came forth to lash out wildly like uncoordinated drunk sailors grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I said as much that before.

The questioner threw a pansy fit (of course, ego things) and some of my old friends activated their alternate userid and came forth to lash out wildly like uncoordinated drunk sailors grin

Egun,this your use of English dey make me shake a times ooo, I always carry dictionary to decode some words you use , I don Learn another one today" pansy fit" and " uncoordinated drunk sailor"

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 7:31am On Aug 07, 2017
skimanski:
Lets not make excuses for Both the Jonathan and Buhari Regime. They have both failed Woefully

The Irony of this is that they both had genuine intentions to grow the economy, but they at thesame time wanted to help their caucus and as a result have gone through the wrong course. Nigeria is like a messed up fuel station during fuel scarcity, where in the morning everybody goes to the station for fuel, arrange their selves on line and prepare to wait till it gets to his/her turn, and all of a sudden one guy comes from no where and wants the gate to be open for him to buy first, regardless of the human beings like him/her that's been on the cue, as a result all hell breaks loose and the line is scattered and never ever arranges it self until someone highly intelligent with a working plan can come save the situation.

Jonathan wanted to turned the country around but his cabinets and his senate didn't allow. Buhari same thing. yet they live in an era that has the only solution possible (Social Media). What happens if you as a president control your media. and tell the people of the country whats actually going on in your cabinet or senate. Tell everyone why the Power is not stabilizing, because of some greedy individual. why there are no refineries working. why not do the shame game on a lot of people. Until even the guys start feeling that they have to be careful for fear on revolt against them. Why not come out on TV and actually post for everyone to see in proper details the actual fat Allowances the senate guys are earning and push a revolt to end them. Instead because they still have little hidden agendas, they wont come out completely clean.

This thing is simple. Nigeria has a problem, it needs a solution. Solutions are calculated on Paper until you find the answer and once you do, you take the formula and apply in real life point by point. If during the application, you miss a little point because you have little hidden agenda and thinks its going to be solved, then sorry, you have to start again.

Thank u at the bold sir....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:32am On Aug 07, 2017
johnson232:

Thank u at the bold sir....
Yea, Yea, Yea.
Nigeria is a project and as members and professionals in the built environment in this forum, majority of us have been operating in like manner as our leaders.

Just like we are the contractors our clients will pay to get their projects to be completed likewise we the masses are the client's to our leaders.
A client who does not know what he wants to achieve and falls prey to an unscrupulous abracadabra contractor should find him/herself to blame.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princetom1(m): 9:47am On Aug 07, 2017
EgunMogaji:

My Nephew and I got into a conversation on my last trip home. He feels like they are living large now in Ibadan with Shoprite and a few nightspots.

I had to tell him that before I left Ibadan there were:

Leventis
Kingsway
UTC - 2 stores
Queen Cinema
Odeon Cinema
Scala Cinema
KS Cinema
Zoo was a real zoo, not this one where the animals look underfed (who remembers Haruna the Gorila).

Baba, tell me about haruna d gorilla, i only wen there in the 2000s, by den, it was a shadow of itself from wat i had been reading, lion look like cat, only 1 in ostrich and like that like that

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus, Chidimercy, Port443 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.