Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,128 members, 7,852,840 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:55 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (744) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4485361 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (3689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

I've decided to go all Nigeria, where possible, at least on the guest quaarters.

The paint scheme should tie it all together when I get to that.
Yes, 80percent of what I used in my build in Nigeria are all made in Nigeria, funny enough, its been years now and they are working at optimal, I will always go like that in my subsequent build, as long as you give it a good finishing, people will hardly spot the difference, come to think of it, if you refuse to visit me because my tiles are locally made, l don't really care, it is my house and it is meant for me and my immediate wife and kids to enjoy, I am not building to impress anybody, I build at my pace and satisfaction grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
AngelicBeing:
You are spot on, during my visit to Nigeria, l rushed to Ghana for few days, I was flabbergasted at what I saw, they don't have too much resources but the country is far organized than the sleeping giant, I will voice out my opinion about Nigeria as l see and witness it, if I have access to meet Osibanjo or Buhari I will tell them the same thing, you can't close my mouth or hold my hands not to post and express my displeasure at what is going on in Nigeria, l have family members and friends and I see the sufferings in their eyes, even those that earn good income are not smiling either, businesses are moving at a snail speed and many have also closed shop, why not bring the colonial master back to govern the jungle because I know they did well before they left and ever since they left, vultures and scorpions are the useless leaders inflicting pain on the populace sad
bros abeg u dey enter my mind at bold?
Seriously thinking if we can go back to our masters
Because obviously we didn't fight for independence because we know anything about self governance
We fought for independence out of sheer greed
See how Awolowo & Enahoro were training men because they weren't allowed absolute access to rule the nation.
As soon as the whitemen left everything crumbled....
I see u fit see Nigeria on sale for ebay anytime soon & that means going back to our masters.
Our apprenticeship never finish before we run cheesy
We need to complete it...because we know nothing about self governance as a nation.

That is why i just they pity for these biafran people...When i see south sudan, i just remember them....hmmm...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
johnson232:

But the truth is can only one man ever change things, when everyone around seems to be corrupt...
Yes it's can, revolution start with one man.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
kopell:
Yes it's can, revolution start with one man.
Sir one man no fit initiate am for this Nigeria ooo cheesy
He may just die for nothing...Corruption virus don spread finish.. cheesy

Heard the popular kidnapper evans is now chilling in Canada & has been replaced by one common criminal...don't know if it is true oooo cheesy

What about the much talked about Saraki's CCT case... cheesy

Nigeria problem strong........Lawless country.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
johnson232:

Sir one man no fit initiate am for this Nigeria ooo cheesy
He may just die for nothing...Corruption virus don spread finish.. cheesy

Heard the popular kidnapper evans is now chilling in Canada & has been replaced by one common criminal...don't know if it is true oooo cheesy

What about the much talked about Saraki's CCT case... cheesy

Nigeria problem strong........Lawless country.....

He won't be in any developed country, most definitely not Canada.

Some countries have compassion and they hate fleeing criminals.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
I think we should go back to building houses and housing related matters, that this section is ment for jare. In other not to short cut our brothers and sisters seeking advised in building related issues.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
kopell:
I think we should go back to building houses and housing related matters, that this section is ment for jare. In other not to short cut our brothers and sisters seeking advised in building related issues.

u are right. just talking about the way things are makes me sick.

please, I know we have talked about this before but let's look at it again: what is the cost implication of using gypsum ceiling in relation to PVC n the other ceiling board. thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
yak:

please, I know we have talked about this before but let's look at it again: what is the cost implication of using gypsum ceiling in relation to PVC n the other ceiling board. thank you

Okay, I stopped tracking cost on my site. I would always use POP in my house because it's the closest to gypsum board that I coudl find in Nigeria.

According to Hajj, who incidentally is not an Architect, Engineer or Astronaut, it's probably best to forgo PVC and just do POP based on cost of the original PVC. Hajj, please let me know if I misquoted you, Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 9:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

He won't be in any developed country, most definitely not Canada.

Some countries have compassion and they hate fleeing criminals.
True @bold
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
yak:

I don't think the cost difference is gonna be much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
AngelicBeing:
EgunMogaji please it is enough, I feel like crying now, you are bringing past memories to me, l recall visiting leventis, Kingsway, UTC stores in Kano, l also watched movies at Queen cinema in kaduna, oh my gosh embarassed sad embarassed
You are forgetting Bhojson and chellerams
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
desiji:

And Gottchalks

Egun "running for cover" Mogaji
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

According to Hajj, who incidentally is not an Architect, Engineer or Astronaut, it's probably best to forgo PVC and just do POP based on cost of the original PVC. Hajj, please let me know if I misquoted you, Sir.

You are exactly right... if you intend to use good PVC like Amoula Paragon, the cost is now similar to POP. So POP wins hands-down.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
desiji:
Dayuum, I have forgotten, I bought original National radio Panasonic cassette player from Bhojson in the Northern part of Nigeria then when it was in vogue, used it during my undergraduate studies and it served me till after my Nysc and it was still working fine, it was original, we had less fake things in Nigeria then but today the reverse is the case sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
mufutau55:

You are exactly right... if you intend to use good PVC like Amoula Paragon, the cost is now similar to POP. So POP wins hands-down.

Hajji M.

See, I pay attention in class to selective and demonstrated well seasoned tried by fire tutors grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yak(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

the way PVC is destroyed by fire shld create a form of fear in everyone building a house now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Okay, I stopped tracking cost on my site. I would always use POP in my house because it's the closest to gypsum board that I coudl find in Nigeria.

P-O-P is the best in my opinion, it enhance beauty of the ceiling, reduce heat, is also fireproof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
yak:

P-O-P is the best in my opinion, it enhance beauty of the ceiling, reduce heat, is also fireproof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
kopell:

Try plasterboard. The finishing of plasterboard is a lot better than POP. POP is good though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nextstep(m): 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
44chux:

Not bonding my lightening arrestor with my house earthing system which costed me millions in damages.

Please expand on this. I was under the impression that you wanted to keep these systems separate so that any lightening action on the arrestor would not affect the electronics (earth grounding). We've got a solar installation, where the negative of the panels are eventually routed to earth ground.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nextstep(m): 12:02am On Aug 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

My toilet set is N70K but made in Nigeria.
My kitchen sink is N15K.
My doors are N28K I think.

These are some really nice pieces. Where did you buy your toilet and sink? It seems out in Delta, everything has a 1.5x markup. It might be worth buying and then transporting.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 12:18am On Aug 04, 2017
kopell:
You are right. No ceiling like POP as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 04, 2017
nextstep:

These are some really nice pieces. Where did you buy your toilet and sink? It seems out in Delta, everything has a 1.5x markup. It might be worth buying and then transporting.

I really like it too and I'm happy it's made in Nigeria, Ogun state specifically.

http://ibadan.city.ng/listings/u-ozo-sons-nigeria-enterprises/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:28am On Aug 04, 2017
FastShipping:

Try plasterboard. The finishing of plasterboard is a lot better than POP. POP is good though.
As in Sheetrock abi, yes more can be done with extra wood cost, and other accessories associated cost. With deep pockets one should be alright. It's may look even better.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:35am On Aug 04, 2017
yak:

the way PVC is destroyed by fire shld create a form of fear in everyone building a house now

Very YES. Safety issue is enough to go for POP. Thank you for reminding us o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ekwe18(m): 7:07am On Aug 04, 2017
johnson232:

Lolzzzz cheesy
Nigeria discussion dey cause heartbreak
Was scared of discussing it further

Thanks for the info
but na kobo kobo doors i dey find ooo
Think i will contact a local carpenter

Good morning, I have them at good prices.
Call or whatsapp 08037956267.
Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ekwe18(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2017
nextstep:

Good morning, I have similar ones at affordable prices, you can call or whatsapp 08037956267.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 04, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 04, 2017
ekwe18:

Good morning, I have similar ones at affordable prices, you can call or whatsapp 08037956267.
Thanks.

You're missing sales due to lack of understanding of basic ecommerce 101.

You have a captive audience, instead of siphoning this one client off to WhatsApp, the savvy seller would instead create a thread (it's free and unlimited space), load it up with samples of your wares and prices.

Then you would hope to not only get the one client but many more that might validate that you do have affordable prices and make purchases.

Why you Naija sellers always do this befuddles me.

You are in front of validated, verified and guaranteed buyers that are actively engaged in building.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're missing sales due to lack of understanding of basic ecommerce 101.

You have a captive audience, instead of siphoning this one client off to WhatsApp, the savvy seller would instead create a thread (it's free and unlimited space), load it up with samples of your wares and prices.

Then you would hope to not only get the one client but many more that might validate that you do have affordable prices and make purchases.

Why you Naija sellers always do this befuddles me.

You are in front of validated, verified and guaranteed buyers that are actively engaged in building.

The answer is most of them are not on the up and up. It's a deliberate decision. That way if the deal falls apart, it's not immortalized on a thread. If an aggrieved customer starts a thread, once it's resolved, the mods delete.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nextstep(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I really like it too and I'm happy it's made in Nigeria, Ogun state specifically.

Since you have exacting standards, I'll be getting in touch with them. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slim101(m): 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Bro...please can u put me through to this (Toilet, door & kitchen sink)?
Where and when did you get them? I need them in Ibadan too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) ... (3689) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.