Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369230 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WorldAmbassador: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
bixton:

You even get to do your drainage and construct your own access road.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dearpiriye: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
Good afternoon House. Please I have a structural drawing for a 1 story building of 2 2bedrooms down and 2 3bedrooms up. Due to unforeseen circumstances I have change my mind and decided on a story building of 1 2bedroom down with attached 2-3 self contains and only self contains up. The previous drawing had already gotten approval from the LGA. Will I need to get a new approval due to these changes? Also will the structural drawing have to be changed or adjustments can be made by the contractor?
As many replies as possible will be highly appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
WorldAmbassador:
@bixton. That's the idea. Only to reap profits. I still have not received my prepaid meter that I've paid for over 3 years now. I guess every homeowner is a government-you depend on yourself for electricity(generator or inverter), water(thru borehole).
Wow, this is strange, I sent money to my family members in Nigeria and l got the prepaid meter in less than 4months, I think l sent around 50,000 to 60,000 naira and I got the 3 phase unit, it has been installed on my property, l got mine in lagos without hassles and several of my friends who also have properties in lagos go theirs as well within the same time range, in addition, I concur with everything you said, in Nigeria, once you own a property, you are actually a mini government because you provide all the essentials, useless politicians that lack what it takes to assuage the sufferings in the land wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
Daboomb:

That gets faked too!
Go to that thread where SON destroyed so many fake cables.
Most of them have the etched signs of those companies on it, yet they were fake to the core. undecided undecided

the best bet still remain to buy from the factory. might costlier than outdoor vendors

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
twinskenny:

the best bet still remain to buy from the factory. might costlier than outdoor vendors

Well, that sounds good but not all of us are near the factory.

I'll have to suffer this when I wire the main house.

Enter Lagos - shudder angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

yeah coleman factory is @ishagamu close to the interchange the other one is close to my house ibafo grin

not even in lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Haba, why do you have to near the factory to buy cables from Colman? Colman doesn't sell to individuals, it very simple go to one of their distributor pay collect you ricepts pick up your cables at their company production line to avoid being shots change.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
kopell:
Haba, why do you have to near the factory to buy cables from Colman? Colman doesn't sell to individuals, it very simple go to one of their distributor pay collect you ricepts pick up your cables at their company production line to avoid being shots change.

And this factory production line is located where exactly?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
twinskenny:

yeah coleman factory is @ishagamu close to the interchange the other one is close to my house ibafo grin

not even in lagos

Mate, if I have to pass that Ijebu Ode bypass on the expressway then it's Lagos for me and I start breaking out in sweat grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Mate, if I have to pass that Ijebu Ode bypass on the expressway then it's Lagos for me and I start breaking out in sweat grin
lmao i get it sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 9:10pm On Aug 15, 2017
akinolaolujide:

Your location determines how favourable the price is plus the price variations are not that much especially for naija tiles. The ones you get at expensive price in Mushin are the imported ones.

I went to both places of recent and l eventually settled for Orile, particularly where l referenced.
But all man for himself, as to what to do eventually. undecided undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ourboss: 9:19am On Aug 16, 2017
Good Morning Nairalanders! I'm planning to use a cameron zink for my roofing. I need a vital advice pls. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2017
Ourboss:
Good Morning Nairalanders! I'm planning to use a cameron zink for my roofing. I need a vital advice pls. Thanks

cc kolashangone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:05am On Aug 16, 2017
Ourboss:

There are long span aluminium you can use.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ourboss: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
Thank you sir. Can you suggest anyone affordable and durable one pls.
bixton:

There are long span aluminium you can use.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2017
Timtol:

Someone said I can post link but don't kw if u all will allow without any scrutinizing words.
Sir,all bonds or sharing of link?
I see u oga,well done.
I wish to kw u better.
Pls,all the pple I have been doing wrong by seemly spamming them which was never my intension, am sorry.
All correction noted.

Good morning.

This too much talk around this issue, if I were you, I will present something educative on 3 D design instead.... People will learn to trust you and your competence thst way.
This thread thrives on the good will of people who are willing to impact positively on the local community here without thoughts of primary economic gains.
Look at @spyder880 for example amongst many other eminents ... Using his projects as example He says what does, how does it, how much he does it, maybe how much it costs him etc... People ask genuine questions and they get helpful answers on his projects and their personal projects....
What is/are the secondary gains?
1. They have built a good reputation.
2. They will obviously enjoy the goodwill of the thread
3. They may have increased patronage.

All these are achieved without a single word of advertisement. It is all interactive and about helping people.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Slim101(m): 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ourboss:

I just did and I posted it here some days ago. I honestly love it!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ourboss:
Thank you sir. Can you suggest anyone affordable and durable one pls.
Click on this link to get prices based on the various aluminium types and guages. Using a good installer is paramount in doing a neat work and avoiding leaks,etc,etc.

https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/cost-of-roofing-a-2-bedroom-flat-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ourboss: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
Thank you so much. I really appreciate. I will get back to you when I'm ready for the roofing.
bixton:

Click on this link to get prices based on the various aluminium types and guages. Using a good installer is paramount in doing a neat work and avoiding leaks,etc,etc.

https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/cost-of-roofing-a-2-bedroom-flat-in-nigeria/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
bixton:

It's all about weight and nothing more. Having the same price has nothing to do with it. We may only argue if the price difference is insignificant at all depending on the quantity involved.

These are the various prices in my location a couple of days back when I purchased.
16mm-------3500
12mm-------1900
10mm-------1250
8mm---------1050

Do the calculations as against the quantity per ton and see which favours which and who it favours.

Like saying which one weighs higher?
A kilogram of cotton wool or a kilogram of gold?
Lol

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
alstacs:

This too much talk around this issue, if I were you, I will present something educative on 3 D design instead.... People will learn to trust you and your competence thst way.
This thread thrives on the good will of people who are willing to impact positively on the local community here without thoughts of primary economic gains.
Look at @spyder880 for example amongst many other eminents ... Using his projects as example He says what does, how does it, how much he does it, maybe how much it costs him etc... People ask genuine questions and they get helpful answers on his projects and their personal projects....

All these are achieved without a single word of advertisement. It is all interactive and about helping people.
Well said sir.
Thanks.
I understand things better sir n will do so sir.
I was ignorant of the message others are trying to pass maybe how they presented it or maybe my thought.

Really kudos sir.
Thanks.

I declare that as we all r here for a reason or d other God will surprise us n after all life's struggles we won't miss heaven to rest but our today's choice will determine how the hereafter will b.

Thanks alot.
And also to all those I might have had clash with sorry.
Also thanks to u all.
May ur oil never run dry.
Thanks once again.
I'm exceedingly glad.

Happy Next rest.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
This is not my project only saw it around here n want to use it to enlighten all nairalanders willing n aiming to build.

Put,don't try to do this,it's life cost.
Imagine if an heavy rain bits hard like that of lekki n other streets even other states,d building is in trouble.
The part or all of that house might b flushed away.

Solution.

A solid concrete wall is needed to be made around all predicted areas in the stream n d fence along or some feet n inches left.
Pls,let's all architects advice well no matter how adamant some clients might seem.
We deal with lives n must never try to meddle with it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2017
This is not my project only saw it around here n want to use it to enlighten all nairalanders willing n aiming to build.

Imagine if an heavy rain bits hard like that of lekki n other streets even other states,d building is in trouble.
Part of the house might b flushed away.

Solution.

A solid concrete wall is needed to be made around all predicted areas in the stream n d fence along or some feet n inches left.
Pls,let's all architects advice well no matter how adamant some clients might seem.
We deal with lives n must never try to meddle with it lives.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
Timtol:

Solution.

If u could get the capturing well n see how close it is to d stream u will really have pity.
Pls,let's take note of this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
alstacs:

I think it's something of what I posted now sir.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:10am On Aug 17, 2017
alstacs:

That one I posted n asking how it is was posted by me on August 2.
Just sharing thinking that's what u have said I could have done back n can still do.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 17, 2017
Timtol:

Solution.

What the Architect drew and what the owner and builder built could be two different things.

I made educated changes to my architectural plans. My architect cannot be held liable because there's a disclaimer in the drawings that says he is not liable for projects that he did not supervise.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole plot should be eased by the local government.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 1:29am On Aug 17, 2017
Page 752 already?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zeelo2014: 2:08am On Aug 17, 2017
Hi everyone. How can I estimate the number of buckets or litres of paint for the exteriors of a building. Tks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 17, 2017
3strikes:
Page 752 already?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 5:20am On Aug 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

What the Architect drew and what the owner and builder built could be two different things.

I made educated changes to my architectural plans. My architect cannot be held liable because there's a disclaimer in the drawings that says he is not liable for projects that he did not supervise.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole plot should be eased by the local government.
I think that might b better.
Now,if there were to b rain hazard n live n properties were lost God forbid but already it built so who will they take hold of, the local govt,surveyor, architect or client?

Let's also hear others.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by connie2flex(f): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2017
johnson232:
are u d engineer ehis?
No am not, just posting on his behalf

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), jameslojohn(m), OnMyHonor, KelvinCoaster(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.