Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403993 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:
sad

Oga mi, wetin? That is not clue-less o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

I just dey look ni Sir.

Nothing shaking.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I just dey look ni Sir.
Nothing shaking.
lol...two bosses
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I just dey look ni Sir.
Nothing shaking.

Abi o. I know say we dey for the same corner o. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
olawuyi78:

Thanks my Oga. My plan is a simple 3-bedroom bungalow. I can't afford the service of an Architect now. It is going to be between me and my bricklayer. It is a kobo-kobo project in Hajj mufutau55's voice.

There are two things that I do not mess with on a house, foundation, and roofing.

I am frugal just like you, but I recommend that you sit down with an architect. This shouldn't cost too much and consider it as insurance.

The architect is to just give you an opinion and foundation drawing and then Baba Lati the bricklayer can continue from there.

Kobo kobo doesn't equate to safety and rework. If architects charge N50,000 normally and you are able to get one to work with you for say N10,000 then you're a successful kobo kobo person.

I hope that you get my drift.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I just dey look ni Sir.

Nothing shaking.
Nothing shaking ke, Eleke idi the shake oh.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
@ hajji waiting happen now, you just dey silent these days. How far with the Koko koko dollar dollar project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 10:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I just dey look ni Sir.

Nothing shaking.

Aidonbeleevit.
With Earthquake everywhere shocked shocked

Let me confirm.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
olawuyi78:
Greetings, comrade !. I came here to seek your opinions. I just bought a plot of land with a "face me and face you" foundation already on it. It happened that the width of the foundation is almost the same as my plan's width but Its length is longer. my question is "can I just do a german floor on the foundation and continue on my plan on the german floor instead of breaking the existing foundation? " Thanks.

Get a friend who is an Engineer and buy him a bottle of beer after he has rendered his service.

Hoping the existing foundation pattern is likened to your handy design plan.

Just pick 2-5 points around the foundation wall. Break to expose to see the foundation blinding thickness and to ascertain the right aggregate of materials were used to achieve that.

Modify your design plan perimeter to be same as existing foundation.

Check dimensions of foundation partition walls as against that on your design plan.

From your design plan create foundation partition walls where appropriate on the existing foundation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2017
Daboomb:

Aidonbeleevit.
With Earthquake everywhere shocked shocked

Let me confirm.. grin grin

Add hurricane join put even grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
kopell:
@ hajji waiting happen now, you just dey silent these days. How far with the Koko koko dollar dollar project.

I miss the old days - sigh.

SPyder880 was setting up estates, Brabus was, well, Brabusing, Skimanski will come to earth to display his eye poppping stuff, Muyesky with his gates and doors, HSLBroker with the roofs,

Whadaheck happened sad

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
kopell:
@ hajji waiting happen now, you just dey silent these days. How far with the Kobo-kobo dollar-dollar project.

My brother, I dey here o. I just dey observe o.
The kobo-kobo project is silent for now... fund palava. But God go do am very soon.. and this time nah to complete everything ni o... including landscaping.
I go call you... we go discuss... this time I am touching the reserve big time...

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 22, 2017
bixton:

Get a friend who is an Engineer and buy him a bottle of beer after he has rendered his service.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5984348_kosoko_jpeg118b8a297bb6d7036502b47f1221d696

smh.not cool.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 22, 2017
oyb:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5984348_kosoko_jpeg118b8a297bb6d7036502b47f1221d696

smh.not cool.

Yeah.

But if one does not hire a QS for a gateman house the one is cheap grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yeah.
But if one does not hire a QS for a gateman house the one is cheap grin
Oga mogaji.

Haba.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

SPyder880 was setting up estates, Brabus was, well, Brabusing, Skimanski will come to earth to display his eye poppping stuff, Muyesky with his gates and doors, HSLBroker with the roofs,

Whadaheck happened sad

sorry boss. been away for a while. Currently not around. Will start posting once i can settle properly.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2017
oyb:

smh.not cool.

My use of terms is understandable amongst friends where I reside.
Depending on the kind of job involved that beer could worth XYZ sum of money and it could also be a service offered free.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2017
Daboomb:

Thank you.
I read your post wella sef.

The impression l got from reading your earlier post, wherein you started with defining single core Vs. flex/stranded 4mm cables, and then went to explain how a chinko "4mm flex" was causing fire and you later replaced it with the same type but "a Coleman" product, prompted my question.
It makes it look like your grouse was with the TYPE of cable (Core vs Flex) as l quoted in red color, in my post.

In other words, your post was about using "No Name" cables Vs. using "Recognised Name" Cables?
Not with the TYPE of Cable (Stranded/Flex Vs. Single core).

Thanks for the clarification.

Use their terminology:

Single cable. Eg 4mm single
Twin cable Eg 1.5mm twin
Twin with earth cable. Eg 2.5mm twin with earth.
Flexible cable refers to the thin speaker wires.

NB: This is most useful if you are buying in the general market like Alaba International. The sellers assume that you know. Any other nomenclature may trigger their hustling mode. Just saying....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:21am On Sep 22, 2017
If you're bothered about the size of electrical cable you can afford to get this handy.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 22, 2017
bixton:
If you're bothered about the size of electrical cable you can afford to get this handy.

Maybe not that one precisely. That one is in erm freedom units.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 22, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Use their terminology:

Single cable. Eg 4mm single
Twin cable Eg 1.5mm twin
Twin with earth cable. Eg 2.5mm twin with earth.
Flexible cable refers to the thin speaker wires.

NB: This is most useful if you are buying in the general market like Alaba International. The sellers assume that you know. Any other nomenclature may trigger their hustling mode. Just saying....

I am strongly against buying in alaba.that place is the ground zero for dodgy shit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2017
oyb:

Not sure you read what I wrote.

The unwritten standard in connecting indoor and outdoor acs is with flexible cable. For years I had vendors on projects connecting the indoor and outdoor acs with no name cables. When we started having fires, I identified the no namecables as a possible source, identified Coleman as a manufacturer of flexible cable. We replaced all the no name flexible cables with Coleman flexible cables.

I hope this clarifies.

Well, Am just hearing these for the first time..

Can you clarify the reason for these.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
So was at Coleman this morning with new set of cable which they confirmed its from there factory ... the question now is why is it that there distributor will have both fake and original? And they keep mixing it up for customers

They claimed its suppose to be work of SON to checkmate all these things...

Does it mean that if buy cable from distributor now we have to moved thm To Coleman head office for test?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
The good engineer

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
lmoa... Its what got this page to be 700 Plus...we were all addicted to Nairaland

EgunMogaji:

Whadaheck happened sad

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
bixton:

You might have to strip the wire of the 'abundance of 'rubber shearting' so oyu can measure the exact size of the copper wire inside.

Our Boys in Nigeria have perfected the scam such that the cable will measure up to size but the copper inside is one-tenth of the required size, and that is what really matters in a cable. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
twinskenny:
So was at Coleman this morning with new set of cable which they confirmed its from there factory ... the question now is why is it that there distributor will have both fake and original? And they keep mixing it up for customers

They claimed its suppose to be work of SON to checkmate all these things...

Does it mean that if buy cable from distributor now we have to moved thm To Coleman head office for test?

This is Nigeria where you TRUST ANYONE 100%, AT YOUR OWN PERIL undecided undecided undecided

Some even get that distributorship solely to enhance thei rnefarious activities, mixing fake with originals in various percentages. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Daboomb:

This is Nigeria where you TRUST ANYONE 100%, AT YOUR OWN PERIL undecided undecided undecided

Some even get that distributorship solely to enhance thei rnefarious activities, mixing fake with originals in various percentages. grin grin

Honestly

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 3:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
Daboomb:

There r still pple u can trust at any level.
Natural being is not to trust pple 100% 'cause things can fail not at the person's wish.
One secret is finding a non pretending sound Christian believer who really has the truth.
Ye shall know d truth and the truth shall make u free.
No to know them; by their fruit(no pretense) ye shall know them.

I have found many who tricks a lot even on NL here especially clients and at the same time clients willing to have a transparent architect/QS/civil engrs etc...
My last project @Ogun on a 4bedroom bungalow.
The client told me he found an architect b4 but discovered he was not transparent.
Getting on to my side he was happy and sharing a lot with me.
{All by grace}
My whole expression abt this is just that u still have pple to trust but things do fail only in grace and mercy they stands.

Thanks!!! Timtol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
Daboomb:

You might have to strip the wire of the 'abundance of 'rubber shearting' so oyu can measure the exact size of the copper wire inside.

Our Boys in Nigeria have perfected the scam such that the cable will measure up to size but the copper inside is one-tenth of the required size, and that is what really matters in a cable. grin grin

Most likely.
Most persons bother about the size when there are a couple of other things to worry about which actually constitutes a good wire for that specific use.
It is a battle of brand names vs no brand names. We are in a country where any thing cheap is considered fake so the boys have to be up their sleeves at all times.
Quality comes with attributes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
Abeg who get extra wading boots?

It's getting extra special thick in here wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
Daboomb:

This is Nigeria where you TRUST ANYONE 100%, AT YOUR OWN PERIL[/b] undecided undecided undecided

I believe that this is what's happening to TwinsKenny.

Either the seller is an ordinary shyster, and they abound in the landscape, or he himself is taken by another shyster distributor if he doesn't collect direct from the factory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Beframia, Gen2men and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.