Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368676 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2017
Commonsense101:

Absolutely!! without a doubt.
My wife thought I was crazy to trust an absolute stranger, a Nigerian for that matter!! cheesy with an ungodly sum of money not only to deliver but to deliver the agreed numbers and agreed quality or better. on some occassions He upgraded some items they didnt have in stock and left it open for me to choose to pay or not pay for the upgrades.most sellers would downgrade and tell you its the same or not tell you at all. I am a very good judge of character and I study ppl before I even attempt to engage them.

useful recommendations, high end brands, and good after sales relations. some items were damaged during transit and were replaced without plenty grammar. Once most sellers collect Money, you are O-Y-O
I still don't know who this is o grin
thank you for your kind patronage Sir.
I'm happy your wife didn't get to say I told you so
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2017
FastShipping:

Alcopacetic is simply the best.

Imagine he upgraded some of items I paid for but no more in stock. I went ahead to pay him for upgrade he did today but surprisingly he said I didn't need to.

In contrast, I paid someone to supply some materials to me exactly a week ago and I'm yet to see the items delivered. The person is also on nairaland property section.

Thanks for seamless transactions my Oga with the contemporist taste grin

the last package should be availablee for pickup today by God's grace.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2017
jabolo:

I can only prove with the bumps on my head after 'heading' low hanging chandeliers left, right and center! Tall people beware when visiting.

Lol @ bolded.
hope you didn't have to go to the ER.
Thanks My oga, @ Mr Mos, appreciate the kind words and very seamless transactions

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2017
Dominionng:

I never knew I'd be giving the witches and wizards from my village a chance to be fanning themselves with my photo.

Lol,
My Brother, hope you have collected your picture from them

The Nigerian Market is an unbelievably complex terrain. You will not believe the amount of scam attempts i have had to rebuff

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2017
Commonsense101:

shocked shocked 7ft ? lol, Oga na only you waka come o

My brother... disadvantages of that plenty o.
Everything nah double I dey buy... but that is the work of my maker o, nothing I can do about it. If I had the choice, I will choose "Regular".

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
allCopacetic:

Lol,

The Nigerian Market is an unbelievably complex terrain. You will not believe the amount of scam attempts i have had to rebuff
Bros seriously let learn one or two things from your experience in the method they used trying to robbed you, so others can be protected moving forward.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tobao(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6072097_screenshot20171007124032_jpegfc766cf176ffb01d14f68b2230473db3

Seems pretty good to me.

1) The guest toilet placement.

2) The window on one bedroom is not opposing for easy ventilation.

But these are small stuff. I like the plan as it has a modern flair to it.

Good luck on yoru project.

Thank you for the kind words. God bless you for your time.

For The bedroom, I plan on relocating the wardrobe and reposition the window.

But for the guest toilet, I don't know what to do. Thanks again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tobao(m): 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
jabolo:

- Any particular reason why the laundry room on the left hand apartment has it's own exit door to the terrace?

- In that same apartment, the space labelled 'Lobby' will be totally dark when all the doors are closed. I would do away with the bit of wall and door leading to the Laundry room so the Lobby connects directly into the Laundry room with natural light coming in therefrom.

Good luck.

Thanks for you time sir.
I considered that, but putting a door through the kitchen would change the aesthetics of kitchen.

Noted points for the lobby, I'd discuss it with Mr. Engineer.
God bless you. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
FastShipping:
God DAMN!!!!!

I fvcking need assault rifle to sleep with my eyes closed in Nigeria.

I keep telling people that burglary proof is to only slowdown armed robbers for maximum of five minutes.

I need guns to protect myself while on visit in Nigeria.

How do I get one to protect myself while in Nigeria?

This might not be enough sir... if you live with locals for exampl like lagos mainland make sure u have good relationship with the area boys around buy stuff for them occasionally..and also make your neighbours happy maybe by given then free water... trust me no evil will come near your dwelling >: grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
allCopacetic:

Lol,

Love this sir..should be getting more soon

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kuzmanovich: 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Good afternoon everyone, can someone help me on how to prepare labour and material schedule, taking off for raft and pile foundations. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2017
kuzmanovich:
Good afternoon everyone, can someone help me on how to prepare labour and material schedule, taking off for raft and pile foundations. Thanks in anticipation

uhmm. send me a Whatsapp message

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
kuzmanovich:

just found out your a Quantity surveying graduate. lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
mufutau55:

Thanks for that info. Me standing at 6ft 11in, I am no match for a hanging chandeliers o. Fainting mode.

Hajji M.

Wow. That's a lot of height.

A picture of Hajj and Oga @EgunMogaji together is what I'll love to see right now. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
kuzmanovich:
Are you for real, do you know how many hours of labor time will it’s take to prepare those schedule? Contact some of our repeatable contractor on these forum negotiate with them they will prepare one for you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
KolaShangOne:

A picture of Hajj and Oga @EgunMogaji together is what I'll love to see right now. grin

I no fit stand by Egun with all those arsenals of AK47s o. I be jeje man o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kolnel: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
mufutau55:

My brother... disadvantages of that plenty o.
Everything nah double I dey buy... but that is the work of my maker o, nothing I can do about it. If I had the choice, I will choose "Regular".

Hajji M.

Sir
One of the numerous advantages is always getting your clothes sizes in target and old navy clearance sections
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

just found out your a Quantity surveying graduate. lipsrsealed
Are you serious, I ve’d had about things like these before. I find it difficult to believe that some contractors will used different users name to seek for materials schedule and other professionals advised. Only to used it for the same contract they are bidding for, with the same persons they are seeking help from. I think is about time to start shaming those dubious characters.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
peterphd:

Chief, let's not derail. All what you typed doesn't help in terms of home Security. You don't seem to have the concerns many home owners share. If praying cuts it for you in a s|hit storm where the police can't do anything, good luck bro. Think the police can't be overpowered? Google about race riots in the US and read how peeps were forced to defend themselves.

Ps: which of the many God's comes to save bro?

If you read my initial post which you responded to, wherein l FIRST listed a few things that can mitigate against such attacks...and then CONCLUDED the post with seeking God's protection, you wont have written what you wrote here.

It is okay to be confused . undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Spot on as usual Daboomb, Don't bother to educate anyone about the existence of God, they are many on Nairaland spewing trash, they are angry against God, they ridicule anything that has got to do with God, Thomas Paine, Volta and several Atheist spoke against God but before they died, some of them recanted all they said, one of them even said the Bible will be a forgotten book but before he died, his house was a printing press where bibles were printed and distributed globally, greater scientists who invented several things that are globally recognized who denounced God but they later repented when they encounterd the Almighty God, so those small chickens spewing trash both offline and online are inconsequential, I read some post here and laugh at the posters, you are erecting a barricade of barriers to protect your small hut, I will not argue with anyone, when jungle mature, you will call on that same God you disrespect, if you like barricade yourself with American and Russian marine, surround yourself with juju and jazz, it is not enough to secure your life in a wicked world we currently live in, like I said yesterday, Except God watches over you, your security gadgets is rubbish, like Obasanjo will say, Na look l dey look, continue to speak against God, you are definitely not a match to your creator cool

AIYEKOOTO! grin
Well, we got to say what we gat to say, if they like, they can listen..... its their choice.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
kolnel:

Sir
One of the numerous advantages is always getting your clothes sizes in target and old navy clearance sections
Although my Oga may be handling koko project, him no the go target, old navy clearance section sales for shopping. Na corporate America him the work, those kind of clothes ARE NOT always welcome in those level of the ladder, if you understand what I mean.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
KolaShangOne:

I know see that happened anytime soon. They are two different worlds.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
kopell:
Are you serious, I ve’d had about things like these before. I find it difficult to believe that some contractors will used different users name to seek for materials schedule and other professionals advised. Only to used it for the same contract they are bidding for, with the same persons they are seeking help from. I think is about time to start shaming those dubious characters.

NL contractors and professionals fear them o. grin

No be today grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
KolaShangOne:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by peterphd(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
Daboomb:

If you read my initial post which you responded to, wherein l FIRST listed a few things that can mitigate against such attacks...and then CONCLUDED the post with seeking God's protection, you wont have written what you wrote here.

It is okay to be confused . undecided undecided

Chairman, I'm not confused. I initially thought your post was in isolation. I have seen the others. It's no biggie. I thought you're one overzealous religious person who doesn't take physical precautions and then leaves it all to jesus. Peace.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
kopell:
Bros seriously let learn one or two things from your experience in the method they used trying to robbed you, so others can be protected moving forward.
Thier methods plenty.

the most common is the invitation to the site of a supposed mutli-million Naira estate project somewhere , the MD or CEO of the firm supposedly wants you to come and assess and make recommendations for the kind of materials you will supply. most times outside of lagos. If you fall prey they hold you hostage until they empty your account with your ATM and dispossess you of all valuables in your possession. The criminal trys to sound affluent and important on the phone but often drops the ball, If you listen with your mind .

Another is the sending of fictitious LPO or payment confirmation of some ridiculoius amount of money, for some fictitious LPO, supposedly for items you have supplied them. if you reply thier message enquiring about the email, you''ll probably get an Oh this must be for another supplier. sorry for the mixup....bla bla bla. The idea is to pique your interest and desire to do bussiness with them when you see the millions in question. once they have you on the hook , there are numerous ways the con can play out.
mostly greedy, money anxious or gullible people fall for that . when i know i did not supply any 15 million Naira material to any entity and your're sending me one nonsense payment confirmation email out of the blues.

the list goes on
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
twinskenny:

Love this sir..should be getting more soon
Thank you Sir.
I'm guessing these are some of those Mr Williams bought ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 1:52am On Oct 12, 2017
peterphd:

Chairman, I'm not confused. I initially thought your post was in isolation. I have seen the others. It's no biggie. I thought you're one overzealous religious person who doesn't take physical precautions and then leaves it all to jesus. Peace.

We are all Good.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:40am On Oct 12, 2017
mufutau55:

I no fit stand by Egun with all those AK47s o. I be jeje man o.

Hajji M.

Hajj, I saw this on YouTube and almost died while laughing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What would you do to your son if this happens to you?

African dad.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQY-38ich4
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 5:10am On Oct 12, 2017
kopell:
Allcopacetic is the best in my experience, so with couple of my friends. Fast delivery, genuine brands in both cables and electrical accessories. We did couple of million naira business with him, within months drama free.

Thank you sir. Thanks for the reference.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Droyal(f): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2017
diordaves:

In a sane clime like both of us know, such a scenario will kick-off a 999 call. So as the robbers are spending valuable time breaching the security, the residents call for help. In the name of all that is good, how much will it take to establish a functional community 999 center, well equipped and well managed.

Again be that as it may, that crime scene is a goldmine for the forensic boys. Take fingerprints, sweat and blood samples, run these through a frequently updated data base and a match might be hit due to the laws of averages and repeat offending.

How much would it take to set up a functional community forensic Lab dear Nigeria? This would also provide employment for forensic science graduates.

Nigeria I hail o!

I used to think like this till I suddenly discovered that the government or law enforcement doesn't know we all exist. While all evidences are there, there are no standards in form of databases to measure these evidences against.
Thank God they are building a national identity database now, maybe that will help. Otherwise for now, the only evidence that is reliable is catching them red handed. In fact having a video evidence doesn't help in most cases.
God will help out country

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.