Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,760 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391555 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
EgunMogaji:
What size is this tank?

Thanks (pun).

Looks like 5400 litres.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Judecapon73(m): 6:22am On Jan 22, 2018
very strong, cheap, safe and realiable when use foreign haco board, you can add me on whatsapp for samples
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Judecapon73(m): 6:39am On Jan 22, 2018
the cost of aluminium door with haco board depend on the size of your door

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 8:56am On Jan 22, 2018
tnx sir will do jst that
bixton:

Yes and No.
If you have the required number of people working it can be achieved.
But save for 3 days.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 10:32am On Jan 22, 2018
Please i need some one to recommend me with a best waterproofing mayerial for my suspended slab. I am not going to finish the first floor now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2018
Judecapon73:
the cost of aluminium door with haco board depend on the size of your door

Why not give prices based on expected door dimensions so that potential customers will be well informed, you seem to have a very nice and neat arrays of toilet doors displayed in that picture, so please be open about you pricing to increase your bottom-line,

Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 22, 2018
diordaves:

Looks like 5400 litres.

Thanks but the seller said it’s 2,000 liters.

I wish the manufacturers stamp the size on the thing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
I’m trying to search for this on Jijji/Konga, what do yah all call it in Nigeria?

Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tobbyboy2011: 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2018
Below is the quotation my builder gave me. Please builders in the house help me look into it and advice

Block=4000(amount 800,000)
Sharp sand =90tonnes (amount 189,000)
Soft sand =30tonnes (amount 63,000)
Granite =60tonnes(amount160,000)
Cement =120bags (amount 312,000)
iron rod=100length (amount 190,000)
Gutter rod 30length (amount 51,000)
Larteraite 60tonnes (amount 90,000)
Binding wire (amount 5,000)
Total =1,860,00
Plus (+) workmanship =300,000
Ground TOTAL=2,160,000

Builders in the house please help me, location is ibadan, and its a 6 Flats Of Two Bedroom Flats A Storey Building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Judecapon73(m): 11:56pm On Jan 22, 2018
the size of a standard toilet and bathroom door is 3ft to 4ft width by 6ft to 8ft height, the price of this door size is 26k, call or whatsapp me for more enquiries on Aluminium fabrication..(08067123096)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Judecapon73(m): 12:03am On Jan 23, 2018
what's it used for
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 12:58am On Jan 23, 2018
Chicken leg piller s

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 1:24am On Jan 23, 2018
AZUH:
Chicken leg piller s
lol...he proved himself at last...lol congratulations tho
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidexy(m): 1:58am On Jan 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thanks but the seller said it’s 2,000 liters.

I wish the manufacturers stamp the size on the thing.

You can calculate the volume of the water tank
V =3.14*r²*h
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nextstep(m): 5:20am On Jan 23, 2018
chidexy:

You can calculate the volume of the water tank
V =3.14*r²*h

Trouble is he's got neither 'r' nor 'h', based on the picture.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 23, 2018
AZUH:
Chicken leg piller s

Chineke Odinma shocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 6:29am On Jan 23, 2018
nextstep:

Trouble is he's got neither 'r' nor 'h', based on the picture.

Thats very easy to get since tank is physically avalable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi2pus(m): 6:36am On Jan 23, 2018
To all and sundry,

This is my first building project and I really need salient points on how to get the best bang for my money.
I already have the project design on ground; Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Bill of Quantities.

I am quite inexperienced, this is my first project.

I was advised by my Quantity Surveyor to engage a professional project supervisor and make him responsible for labour at the tune of 30% of the entire project budget(i.e his supervision fee + labour cost) and then the remaining 70% for building materials which i can procure myself.

The other alternative is to pay a project supervisor a fixed sum, engage labourers and also buy the materials myself.

His argument is; engaging labourers directly could be more expensive because i may be inexperienced with pricing and a lot of ghost workers would fall into the project.

I really need insights into this matter and i'm to begin kickoff this week.

P:S The project is a 6 bedroom duplex with external works such as pool, BQ, Gen house with a Tower post.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:08am On Jan 23, 2018
chidi2pus:
To all and sundry,

This is my first building project and I really need salient points on how to get the best bang for my money.
I already have the project design on ground; Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Bill of Quantities.

I was advised by my Quantity Surveyor to engage a professional project supervisor and make him responsible for labour at the tune of 30% of the entire project budget(i.e his supervision fee + labour cost) and then the remaining 70% for building materials which i can procure myself.

The other alternative is to pay a project supervisor a fixed sum, engage labourers and also buy the materials myself.

His argument is; engaging labourers directly could be more expensive because i may be inexperienced with pricing and a lot of ghost workers would fall into the project.

P:S The project is a 6 bedroom duplex with external works such as pool, BQ, Gen house with a Tower post.

It's nice you have a quide quote from your QS. Kindly seek for 2-3 different quotes from a choice Civil/Structural Engineer or an Architect.
Compare such quotes to that given to you by your QS.
Select your preferred contractor and start bargaining per stage of work.
As regards getting materials yourself, if you consider self good at bargaining that will be needful. Certain materials get less prices when their quantities are higher.
Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi2pus(m): 8:50am On Jan 23, 2018
bixton:

It's nice you have a quide quote from your QS. Kindly seek for 2-3 different quotes from a choice Civil/Structural Engineer or an Architect.
As regards getting materials yourself, if you consider self good at bargaining that will be needful. Certain materials get less prices when their quantities are higher.

I still don't get it
quotes for what exactly ?
quote for supervision alone ?
or quote for supervision and labour ?

which will be more cost effective ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jwals: 9:02am On Jan 23, 2018
bixton:

If he buys materials by himself and also bargain Labour cost himself at every stage of work, then selecting a general contractor will be for what?? what will be the work of the contractor at the end of the day?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jwals: 9:17am On Jan 23, 2018
chidi2pus:

I still don't get it

The quote (BILL OF QUANTITY)from your QS for every stage of work covers for both material and labor cost, some per/sqm while some per/cubicmetre but never the less you can tell your QS to arrange only material schedules from stage to stage, since you want to procure your materials your self, then the labor cost would be bargained separately at every stage; but note for some elements of work it's is cost intensive to sub-contract them because of the misuse of material by work men E.g POP, that means the work man would buy the material himself and that would make him to be responsible for his material management, yours would be to make sure he finished your work has agreed before giving all the agreed balance.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:02am On Jan 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Chineke Odinma shocked
bro now we are friends , I'm coming to see Donald trump azuh next week ,my elder bro ..... we can meet at the White House if you want .....Obama just called me few mins ago too , I don't like to brag oooh , cos dem go feel say I dey kolo . I used to date opera Winfrey back then in Enugu before she moved to America... if I continue dem go say I dey mad , people hate on me cos of my success, see you next week bro . ... happy new year.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:10am On Jan 23, 2018
chidi2pus:

I still don't get it

Let me assume you're going to get an Engineer to do the work. Are you going to hand him your quote made by your QS?
Whoever you give the work to should give you a break down quote per stage of work to be done inclusive of supervision and Labour.

More so you are not expected to pay for a quote from your choice of Engineer /Architect/Contractor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:11am On Jan 23, 2018
Timtol:

lol...he proved himself at last...lol congratulations tho
thanks , Do you feel there's something I need to correct?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2018
jwals:

If he buys materials by himself and also bargain Labour cost himself at every stage of work, then selecting a general contractor will be for what?? what will be the work of the contractor at the end of the day?
I do not think I requested a bargain for Labour.
The quote he'll get from the Contractor should cover material, Labour as well as Contractors ' supervision fees. He only bargains with the Contractor on the said quotes per work stage.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CharlesAA: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2018
abdulwastecx:

Are you building a raft foundation? if yes, such price represent a better value for money than other alternative available

thanks, yes its a raft foundation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
AZUH:
Chicken leg piller s

Chai, see serious makeup. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jwals: 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
bixton:

I do not think I requested a bargain for Labour.
The quote he'll get from the Contractor should cover material, Labour as well as Contractors ' supervision fees. He only bargains with the Contractor on the said quotes per work stage.
Ok,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
NL1960:

Chai, see serious makeup. grin cheesy
how bro ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:04pm On Jan 23, 2018
AZUH:
how bro ?

Good job bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:05pm On Jan 23, 2018
chidi2pus:
To all and sundry,

What if you have an architect/engr handle everything from the start? Have an agreed sum?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) (849) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kelvin1191(m), en1gma12 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.