Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed (949 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Buhari Is Too Soft On Nnamdi Kanu — Bankole-hameed / Appointment: Yorubas Are Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by gratiaeo(m): 7:02am On Aug 25, 2015
By Dapo Akinrefon
MR Shehu Bankole-Hameed is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ogun State and also an author. In this interview, he reviews the nearly three month stewardship of President Muhammadu Buhari. Excerpts:
President Muhammadu Buhari has been dubbed ‘baba go-slow’ by his critics over perceived failure to hit the ground running? Do you agree with this notion?
I’m not sure that the slogan ‘baba go slow ‘ is appropriate; in the context of what the winner of the last election and indeed the entire economy has endured, any attempt to ‘ hit the ground running ‘, by pronouncements of political appointees without due diligence will amount to political blunder. It is fair to be patient and persevere in order to gain eventually.

Do you think the president has been marginalising other zones of the country in terms of appointments?
If I’m to be fair to the President, he has been fair to the entire Northern block; noting that a huge chunk of his votes came from that part of the country, now he seems to have bent backwards to accommodate the Igbos who not only did not vote for him, they openly castigated him during the electioneering campaign. The Southwest in my mind is being offered the short end of the stick.Judging by the balance of appointments so far, I think the southwest has been shortchanged.
Part of the president’s campaign promises was to fight corruption, but many have the impression that the war is selective, do you agree with this?
This question is in itself hilarious; who is complaining about the fight against corruption if not those in PDP. The fight against corruption by this administration has not even started. All that is being done right now as I see it is investigation and the perception that such actions are aimed at a reasonable number of people from the Igbo stock is understandable. They formed the bulk of political appointees of Jonathan and also formed the largest in number and also by percentage the top hierarchy of permanent secretaries and directors of parastatals in the civil service. It is thus logical to expect the fall out of such a house cleaning exercise to impact this group severely.
You are a close ally of two former governors of Lagos State, (Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Babatunde Fashola), but there seems to be a cold war between them. What do you think is responsible?
Really many different versions of a supposed cold war are being touted in the press. However, I think Asiwaju recognizes the superlative qualities of Fashola and likewise, Fashola does accept like the rest of us in APC that Asiwaju is a national leader of great worth; none of them has ever admitted to me or anyone in private or public of a strained relationship.
But we know how even within family members and friends, there are differences; I think the elders in the party are up to the task of ironing out any misconception. As to what might be responsible for the perceived cold war, one has to look to the press and opposition in order to understand the whole story.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/appointment-s-west-is-being-shortchanged-bankole-hameed/
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by mrborntodoit: 7:03am On Aug 25, 2015
For real ?

Mr shehu-Bankole - hameeds a** must be jealous of the shyte that is coming out of his mouth
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Paschal001: 7:03am On Aug 25, 2015
Ok
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by olafum1(m): 7:03am On Aug 25, 2015
How?
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by jazinogold(m): 7:04am On Aug 25, 2015
how dem dy take comment?
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2015
Are they complaining already grin . They brought about the change, so dey should listen to the music
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by temitemi1(m): 7:20am On Aug 25, 2015
we ask for 'change' dem dey give us 'shortchanged' well, change still dey shortCHANGE sha grin grin grin
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Rose2014: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2015
I thought Yorubas on nl said it's only Igbos that are complaining. That Yorubas are fine with the government of the north

3 Likes

Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Adeyinka12(m): 7:27am On Aug 25, 2015
K
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Happiness87(f): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2015
firefire, see the real wailers
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by PedroJP(m): 7:38am On Aug 25, 2015
Thought they voted for change and not positions
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Firefire(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2015
Happiness87:
firefire, see the real wailers

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 25, 2015
That man is a very big fool!!! He is complaining about the only political appointment given to igbos
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by yorubatic: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2015
My people have become too cowardly in this nigeria. ..they are now a laughing stock...they have shown the world that they are weaklings and O'yes to the Hausa / Fulani muslims. ..it is shame that my sophisticated and progressive people are a bunch of confused people who have no aspiration whatsoever. ..

It seems I and musiwa are the only brave people among our kins. ...musiwa want a western nigeria and I want a sophisticated and progressive Odu'a. ..but my coward folks want keep be slaves to their Hausa / Fulani masters. ..

Only God can deliver my people

2 Likes

Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by stinggy(m): 8:19am On Aug 25, 2015
I think some people are just foolish.
Nigeria has 6 geo-political zones, SW has the VP, Deputy Speaker, House Leader of the few appointments made so far.
So what else does he want?

1 Like

Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by onenaira3: 8:26am On Aug 25, 2015
Rose2014:
I thought Yorubas on nl said it's only Igbos that are complaining. That Yorubas are fine with the government of the north

Do you expect docile slaves to speak out against their master? Didn't anyone teach you about house niggas and the "yes massa" niggas? If you no know am, go read am. After doing so, you'll understand the yoloba/Hausa/Fulani relationship better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by EastLebanon(m): 8:32am On Aug 25, 2015
That is the change you people craved for
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by modhream: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2015
This idiot lumped everyone from the south,that is not yoruba,as being of Igbo stock.Just that part should tell anyone he's an airhead,like so many others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by moufan: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2015
the man is spewing absolute rubbish, the South west has the VP,deputy speaker, house leader and recently the CEO of firs. what more should we ask for?

2 Likes

Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by fulanimafia: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2015
moufan:
the man is spewing absolute rubbish, the South west has the VP,deputy speaker, house leader and recently the CEO of firs. what more should we ask for?

...and many more on the coming ministerial list.
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by anulaxad(m): 9:01am On Aug 25, 2015
moufan:

Bukola Saraki is not Yoruba he is pure Fulani, infact his very forefathers came from Mali.

Anyway, I don't believe in regional appointments, if they are all from the north, east, west it doesn't concern me as long as there qualified for the job.

The troublemaker writer does not speak for the Yoruba people.
Re: Appointment: S-west Is Being Shortchanged – Bankole-hameed by Chiaka(f): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2015
How did South East castigate PMB This guy has nothing to say....

(1) (Reply)

Dead Pregnant Teen Wakes Up A Day Later Banging & Screaming Inside Coffin / PHOTOS: Little Girl Picking Money At A Nigerian Wedding / Car Accident: Akpabio Flown Out Of Nigeria For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.