Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Why I Won't Support Bala Mohammed - Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won't Support Bala Mohammed - Fayose (1022 Views)

Court Remands Bala Mohammed In Prison / Bala Mohammed, Reuben Abati, Obanikoro, FFK & Bashir At EFCC Detention Cell / EFCC Seizes Houses Of Bala Mohammed And His Son, Shamsudeen Bala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Won't Support Bala Mohammed - Fayose by Allosaurus: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2015
Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose, has expressed his support for the acting chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uche Secondus, as the next chairman of the party telling those vying for the same position to suspend their ambitions for now.

Fayose disclosed this on Sunday, August 23, after meeting with the former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Bala Mohammed, behind closed doors.

Mohammed who is currently lobbying for the support of the leaders of the party to emerge as the next chairman of the party, visited Fayose at his Osuntokun Lodge in Ado Ekiti, in company of Liya Damagon and former Special Adviser on Political Matters, Ahmed Gulak.

According to Premium Times, the former FCT minister said his coming was “just paying a private visit” to the Ekiti state governor and that he would not like to disclose the details of the meeting to journalists .

However, he admitted that he had intentions to contest for the chairmanship of PDP, adding that his ambition was no longer secret.

According to Mohammed, he said his move was a sincere effort to contribute to the party and rebuild it ahead of 2019 general elections.

However Fayose has rejected any attempt to replace the present caretaker committee headed by Secondus in the immediate future. He said: “It is a normal thing to have ambition. It’s a good development but in my opinion, I think the party needs the caretaker committee now rather than a substantive chairman.”

“Secondly, we need somebody who could take his time and use this interregnum and put the party into proper position. We do not need somebody who is trying to just finish the tenure of a former leader.

So, to me, there isn’t much that a substantive chairman can do in just five months now,” he added.

He admitted that the party was undergoing a challenging period and would need the caretaker committee to run the party for a while and hold elections later for party executives. He also advised that members should go back to their base and do the needful at the grassroots.

Meanwhile Emma Agu, the publisher of Zest Traveller Magazine has said that Bala Mohammed fits into the leadership profile that can set the party on the right track considering his years as a top civil servant and politician with bankable political capital.
https://www.naij.com/528700-fayose-reveals-cant-support-bala-mohammed-become-pdp-chairman.html

Re: Why I Won't Support Bala Mohammed - Fayose by hamzakito(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2015
k
Re: Why I Won't Support Bala Mohammed - Fayose by madridguy(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2015
Na their Palava.

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Sent Award Winning Photographer To Photography School. Inspiring Story. / Femi Otedola Owes National Oil Company $16 Million, Refuses To Pay / I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.