Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose (1020 Views)

This Is Why I Love PMB And APC / Isaac Fayose Writes Letter To His Brother, Governor Ayodele Fayose / I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by allawizzow(m): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ayodele Fayose, governor of Ekiti state, has finally revealed his true feelings for President Muhammadu Buhari.

The governor has said his continuous criticism of Buhari is simply because of his confidence that no democracy lasts without a virile opposition.

He said: “It is Ekiti first before Nigeria. Every politics is local, every governance starts from the home. From the home, we graduate to the community, then to the local government., then to the state and to the federal.”

“The Labour is Me and I am the Labour. One thing you cannot take from me is that I have opened this government for the people to run. I am the first governor in Nigeria, that gives details of allocation to workers to decide on. We have been doing that since I came.
“I want the representative of the press to always attend our FAC meetings. That shows how transparent I run this government. When you have nothing to hide, then you’ll have nothing to fear.

“I have openly given the people all the receipt of money that come to this state. All partakers of FAC allocation attend that meeting once a month. There the people take decision, I sign it. What other level of transparency is greater than this?

“As a people, we have peculiarities, and we must identify them instead of jamborees. The reason why most leaders of this country failed in the fight against corruption since 1999 is that they are corrupt themselves.”

Fayose noted that the first step that should be taken in eradicating the corruption is not to fight corruption with a political face.

He defined himself as the first Ekiti governor to “engage the workers so well”, adding he always told workers that no governor or public office holder can steal without the cooperation of a civil worker.

“We don’t have the experience on how to put papers right. We don’t write papers, all we do is approve papers. So the rally you Labour Workers are doing here today, we are supposed to do the rally to you and we will.

“If a leader is leading a country to fight corruption, he must start from his own base. He must be ready and willing to put his home right. Leaders can only lead right by example, not by propaganda. I take exception.

Ekiti state governor emphasized: “I HATE CORRUPTION. I DON’T DO THINGS BECAUSE OF LIP-SERVICE, I AM A BLUNT NIGERIAN. I have declared my asset long time ago, I have submitted all the necessary papers, I know the procedure. On asset declaration, put it inside paper or not, it is a public document; there is FOI bill, it is public already. If I need the asset declaration of anyone, I know the proper procedure to get it.
“I put facts on the table. Facts and figures. No politician can steal money without the help of the civil servant; we should look inwards. One thing I want you all to realise today is this… I love PMB. People think I hate him but I don’t. Democracy is founded on opposition. Opposition will keep the government of the day on their toes to do the right thing.

“In my publication today, I commended the president on effort on Boko Haram. In the last four weeks, it has been positive and there is hope. But I urge the president not to politicise corruption. The law has its process; there are agencies that take care of corruption. We should allow them do their duty without preempting them.

“A civil servant who absconds from work yet collects his salary, is another civil servant not the one to process his payment?. All that governors do is to approve the money; it is civil servants that pay civil servants.

“Let everyone start the fight against corruption from the confines of his home. If every home is right, then the country will be right. If we are ready to fight corruption, then let’s sit tight about it and do away with politics.

“Somebody must have a different view from all these views. I have a different view in Nigeria, and I’m not ready to surrender that will. The Bible says ‘the righteous will be as bold as a lion’. God be with you. I did not put myself here, you all put me here. I am a man of peace. Let no man misquote me.”

President Buhari and Fayose have many times engaged each other in a war of words.

Though Fayose defined Buhari as running the country as if he was the president of northern Nigeria only, Buhari said the governor’s outburst was capable of triggering ethnic clashes among the nation’s communities.

https://www.naij.com/548230-must-read-fayose-finally-declares-true-feelings-president-buhari.html
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by Mogidi: 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
We all love the dullard but I believe his cows love him more.

2 Likes

Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by laurel03(m): 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
Be like say Fasoye dey smoke jamaica marijuana..
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
"the wisdom of Awolowo and tinubu can't equate that of fayose in terms of politics, fayose remains the pillar of the yoruba race." quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by ideology(m): 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
laurel03:
Be like say Fasoye dey smoke jamaica marijuana..
its funny that only people that think like you are sane wink hahaha better get a life
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by donholy28(m): 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
If u no love ur meal ticket...wetin else u go do?
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by laurel03(m): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
ideology:
its funny that only people that think like you are sane wink hahaha better get a life
ok
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by oluwafemi113(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Fayose

Is

Not

Normal
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by laurel03(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"the wisdom of Awolowo and tinubu can't equate that of fayose in terms of politics, fayose remains the pillar of the yoruba race." quote me anywhere.
omo yeeboo oni ranu.... I knw ur fore father will never 4give Awolowo role during the civil war... U are comparing Fayose wt Awolowo its like comparing Messi with Mikel..

3 Likes

Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by Abbeyme: 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
Where is Temitemi to come give his Mentor some moralle support.. wink
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by emerged01(m): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

on this one,I can't quote you anywhere.grin
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by wachakuta(m): 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
EFCC don dust hm file b dat oh
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by itsmine: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
When you have nothing to hide, then you’ll have nothing to fear.

“I have openly given the people all the receipt of money that come to this state.

“ The reason why most leaders of this country failed in the fight against corruption since 1999 is that they are corrupt themselves.”
qoutes
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by itsmine: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by mars123(m): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
the thing is that Buhari's integrity is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf, but fayose's debauch is as real as his mothers diapers
Re: I Love PMB - Ayodele Fayose by Horllamideh(m): 12:22am On Sep 14, 2015
Hmmmm......cool story

(1) (Reply)

Bamanga Tukur Celebrates His 80th Birthday Today! / Read Nigerians Replies To Bukola Saraki / The 14th Count Charge Against Saraki.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.