Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures (12671 Views)

10 Amazing Things We’ve Learned About The Solar System In 2016 / Thread For Solar System/Electricity Owners in Nigeria. / The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
adeh39:
Wow!....this is very interesting, i so much love d way u took ur time to explain those things, especially d funny way u did it, i actually thought all scientist have lost their sense of humor or something.....grin

But i think i'm gonna have a rethink now cool

Nice one op kiss
eh ehn?
Okay, don't worry. Just stick around and you'll find that scientists can crack ya rib with laughter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
eh ehn?
Okay, don't worry. Just stick around and you'll find that scientists can crack ya rib with laughter.

Okay then....will be expecting more of this....I wish my sec.sch teacher had taught me like this embarassed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by johnydon22(m): 12:09am On Aug 26, 2015

freecocoa come join us darling
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by RAKITIC: 12:10am On Aug 26, 2015
adeh39:

Okay then....will be expecting more of this....I wish my sec.sch teacher had taught me like this embarassed
gud morning tutu
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 26, 2015
RAKITIC:
gud morning tutu

Gud morning sir!

Hw ws ur nite?
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by RobinHez(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2015
"who needs roasted meat
when you are the roasted meat here"
grin grin

Johny...u sure found an humour chicken to eat on this one!
And u still drove the main points in too...that's commendable! wink

Well...mars won't be a bad idea to visit! I might be in that entourage sef tongue

1 Like

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by RobinHez(m): 7:29am On Aug 26, 2015
Who replaced Ishilove
That Lady was the sweetest thing that happened to NL cry

Anyways...Lalasticlala!! B4 u comot 4 throne, move this thread first! Or tell Seun abt it! angry
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Angelou(m): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2015
that's nt my business... All i need is a suzuki motorbike that can travel at the speed of light grin grin johnnydon22, tempakguy. Robinhez
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by OgundeleT(m): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2015
johnydon22:
Lol.. am innocent... let me call more peeps .. Queed, pr0ton, FrancisTony, 5minsmadness, Teempakguy, RobinHez, Delsusiongirl20, dekatron, OgundeleT
it seems
ishilove, lalasticlala and co only av interest in politics, if this interesting post is about politics they would av put it there.. Shiooo
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by OgundeleT(m): 7:49am On Aug 26, 2015
lalasticlala ishilove seun ati bebe e lo na beg we de beg, make una biko du allah carry dis post come front page nitori olorun now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by RobinHez(m): 7:49am On Aug 26, 2015
Angelou:
that's nt my business... All i need is a suzuki motorbike that can travel at the speed of light grin grin joh nnydon22, tempak guy. Robinh ez
Check my DP...u might like dat one grin
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Angelou(m): 7:52am On Aug 26, 2015
RobinHez:

Check my DP...u might like dat one grin
o boy!! shocked velly velly perfect.. I learnt zebras are in-born sprot racers... The combination'll wonderful
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by RobinHez(m): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2015
Angelou:
o boy!! shocked velly velly perfect.. I learnt zebras are in-born sprot racers... The combination'll wonderful
Lol! U're welcome! cheesy
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 26, 2015
OgundeleT:
it seems
ishilo.ve, lalas.ticlala and co only av interest in politics, if this interesting post is about politics they would av put it there.. Shiooo
I don't think ishilove is a mod anymore.

However, lala is, I think a political science student. They tend to think the solution to any country's problems can be solved by the government. A rather hasty generalization, I know. But it seems to apply here. The guy literally cannot stop himself from putting crime and political topics on the frontpage.

Einstein, I think, discovered that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. We've been insulting and blaming the government for decades. Nothing has changed. This clearly implies that the government is NOT the solution. And I stand by that statement. The solution is every other thing EXCEPT the government. Other things which, by the way, we haven't tried. Why? Because we're still waiting for the government.

I think, that a route to the solution lies in imbibing scientific culture. Most people don't understand what I'm talking about. For a few examples of scientific culture, I recommend quora.com science sections, cracked.com science sections, wired.com, and you will literally be shocked at how ridiculously primitive we are. The ease at which they swim in scientific oceans is mind blowing.

Minutephysics, veritasium, vsauce3, physicsgirl, just a few scientific channels on YouTube that are highly successful and mainstream.
Being exposed to this kind of culture will naturally influence every single person to contribute their own quota. Instead of the consumer and parastic culture we live in.
Some people even started building cars and some irreedemable crack heads decided they wouldn't patronize them because they were from a different tribe. They would rather patronize those that are from a different continent. what a joke. cheesy

It's readily obvious that the government in such an environment will actually trying to keep up with it's citizens. Unlike here where reverse is the case.

Oga johnydon22, sorry for using your thread to preach oh, no vex. grin
I just felt like letting off some steam. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Rilwayne001: 8:09am On Aug 26, 2015
Following*.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:10am On Aug 26, 2015
I love planets. Hoping to visit the moon soon.
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by johnydon22(m): 8:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Angelou:
that's nt my business... All i need is a suzuki motorbike that can travel at the speed of light grin grin johnnydon22, tempakguy. Robinhez
The speed of light unfortunately seems impossible to us now at least for now.. Remember the theory of relativity showed us how we cannot achieve the speed of light.

"The faster the speed of a body, the greater the mass and the energy2 ... so if a body runs at the speed of light, the mass will run at infinite and so is the energy required...

So unless we or in fact you somehow pulls out an infinitely powerful and constant source of energy, always wake up every morning bearing in mind that E=MC2 is biatch grin
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by hahn(m): 8:37am On Aug 26, 2015
Teempakguy:

However, lala is, I think a political science student. They tend to think the solution to any country's problems can be solved by the government. A rather hasty generalization, I know. But it seems to apply here. The guy literally cannot stop himself from putting crime and political topics on the frontpage.

Einstein, I think, discovered that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. We've been insulting and blaming the government for decades. Nothing has changed. This clearly implies that the government is NOT the solution. And I stand by that statement. The solution is every other thing EXCEPT the government. Other things which, by the way, we haven't tried. Why? Because we're still waiting for the government.

I think, that a route to the solution lies in imbibing scientific culture. Most people don't understand what I'm talking about. For a few examples of scientific culture, I recommend quora.com science sections, cracked.com science sections, wired.com, and you will literally be shocked at how ridiculously primitive we are. The ease at which they swim in scientific oceans is mind blowing.

Minutephysics, veritasium, vsauce3, physicsgirl, just a few scientific channels on YouTube that are highly successful and mainstream.
Being exposed to this kind of culture will naturally influence every single person to contribute their own quota. Instead of the consumer and parastic culture we live in.
Some people even started building cars and some irreedemable crack heads decided they wouldn't patronize them because they were from a different tribe. They would rather patronize those that are from a different continent. what a joke. cheesy

It's readily obvious that the government in such an environment will actually trying to keep up with it's citizens. Unlike here where reverse is the case.

Your analysis is spot on and I totally agree tha the government is obviously not the problem, it's the people.
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by johnydon22(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2015
hahn:

Your analysis is spot on and I totally agree tha the government is obviously not the problem, it's the people.
Exactly bro, we keep deceiving ourselves by laying the blames on the government...

A Nigerian would complain and blame the government that the environment is at the same time is the person throwing dirt on the ground instead of a waste bin... Can someone deceive themselves anymore than that?

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 26, 2015
Teempakguy:

I should be following you, man. Your message resonated with me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by hahn(m): 8:45am On Aug 26, 2015
johnydon22:
Exactly bro, we keep deceiving ourselves by laying the blames on the government...

A Nigerian would complain and blame the government that the environment is at the same time is the person throwing dirt on the ground instead of a waste bin... Can someone deceive themselves anymore than that?

Hey! Hey! Hey! Stop stealing my line tongue

I've repeated the "A Nigerian would complain and blame the government that the environment is at the same time is the person throwing dirt on the ground instead of a waste bin... Can someone deceive themselves anymore than that?" phrase so much on nl that it's getting tiring.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2015
Angelou:
Oh really? You should have told me earlier Na, the latest Suzuki model can travel far faster than light. . . . . . . .in a Bose Einstein condensate. tongue
grin grin grin

Seriously though, Suzuki can never do that for you. What you need to do, my friend, if you want to find a way to get to the speed of light in a vacuum, so deliciously put just out of our reach by Einstein, (I hate that man, I swear. cheesy)
You need to find a way to get a zero mass, or an infinite energy source.
An alternative route is to find a tachyon. Which has an imaginary mass! Which is √-1 this mean that the faster they go, the more they lose energy, but this means, getting them to even exist requires infinite energy.
you Suzuki could also invest in string theory . . . which, let's admit it, it a random goose chase. We don't know if it's a wild or a domestic one.
Either way, you're probably going to get married before they release light speed model. And you know these women, embarassed you'll start hearing, "honey, what do you want with light speed bike naw. Come on, be a good dad to your sons, oluwamakesense and chuwkubadtgan" grin grin
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2015
hahn:

I've repeated the "A Nigerian would complain and blame the government that the environment is at the same time is the person throwing dirt on the ground instead of a waste bin... Can someone deceive themselves anymore than that?" phrase so much on nl that it's getting tiring.

The people are the problem. The indisciplined and corrupt government came from the same lots on the streets. I've stopped blaming government for my woes for years. And I'm happier and more responsible for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by SeverusSnape(m): 8:53am On Aug 26, 2015
OgundeleT:
it seems
ishi*love, lalasti*clala and co only av interest in politics, if this interesting post is about politics they would av put it there.. Shiooo
Nairaland is a business. And they need traffic, Political topics gains much traffic, so the mods tends to move them to the Front page more than topics such as this one.
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by johnydon22(m): 8:54am On Aug 26, 2015
hahn:

grin grin
Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by johnydon22(m): 8:57am On Aug 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Nairaland is a business. And they need traffic, Political topics gains much traffic, so the mods tends to move them to the Front page more than topics such as this one.
The political and celebrity talks are getting very boring and tiresome for people... You will enter a thread and people will only write "ok" "k" and leave...

People need something they don't get to see everyday, something new and fresh to them and most importantly something they can learn from..

Buhari went to Chad is getting pretty bleak

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by hahn(m): 8:59am On Aug 26, 2015
dearpreye:

The people are the problem. The indisciplined and corrupt government came from the same lots on the streets. I've stopped blaming government for my woes for years. And I'm happier and more responsible for it.

Exactly. We need this sort of sense of responsibility replicated nationwide by every citizen. Whenever a problem arises don't ask god "why?", don't blame the devil, don't blame the government, don't blame your parents, don't blame your ancestors, blame YOURSELF!

Taking blame sparks a sense of responsibility which in turn opens the mind in search of solutions to the problem. The more solutions, in people, rise up there will definitely be a reduction in our problems.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 26, 2015
hahn:

one thing people fail to realize is that the government is actually the people. We live in a democracy. The government is part of us. Yet we treat them like the people who are supposed to make a difference for us. They are us. As an average Nigerian youth what is most important to him, he will answer that it's money, and that he will soon get it. Ask him the same question 20 years later and you are most likely to receive that same answer. Now, imagine if this person, becomes the president. Everyone will actually be expecting him to do something. But he can't. He's never actually thought of anyone else but himself. You can't expect him to change overnight. He has a consumer paradigm. He won't change that just because he is president. undecided

Whatever the people do, the goverment will do it hundred fold. An average American spends his free time thinking of how to make sure his area the most badass around. Check out the government. An average Chinese likes making stuff. Check out the government. An average Nigerian is homophobic. Check_out_the _government. Fourteen years in jail. grin

Until I can be able to call an average Nigerian youth ask him what is most important to him, and he answers something like, "that street over there receives 20 hours of electricity per day, our street receives 18. I want to change that."
Or,
"My mum sells pounded yam for a living, i feel bad because she has too pound yam every morning, I want to make a simple device to help her pound the yam automatically."
Or even a simple
"People are suffering. I want to help them. I want to be remembered for this."

I will totally keep laughing at anti corruption agendas and rehabilitation schemes. grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 26, 2015
hahn:

Exactly. We need this sort of sense of responsibility replicated nationwide by every citizen. Whenever a problem arises don't ask god "why?", don't blame the devil, don't blame the government, don't blame your parents, don't blame your ancestors, blame YOURSELF!

Taking blame sparks a sense of responsibility which in turn opens the mind in search of solutions to the problem. The more solutions, in people, rise up there will definitely be a reduction in our problems.

Blaming others other than me simply indicates there's something wrong with me. I'm responsible for my life. My habits. My values. Beliefs. Traditions. Consequences. Rewards. Choices. I'm responsible for them all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
one thing people fail to realize is that the government is actually the people. We live in a democracy. The government is part of us. Yet we treat them like the people who are supposed to make a difference for us. They are us. As an average Nigerian youth what is most important to him, he will answer that it's money, and that he will soon get it. Ask him the same question 20 years later and you are most likely to receive that same answer. Now, imagine if this person, becomes the president. Everyone will actually be expecting him to do something. But he can't. He's never actually thought of anyone else but himself. You can't expect him to change overnight. He has a consumer paradigm. He won't change that just because he is president. undecided

Whatever the people do, the goverment will do it hundred fold. An average American spends his free time thinking of how to make sure his area the most badass around. Check out the government. An average Chinese likes making stuff. Check out the government. An average Nigerian is homophobic. Check_out_the _government. Fourteen years in jail. grin

Until I can be able to call an average Nigerian youth ask him what is most important to him, and he answers something like, "that street over there receives 20 hours of electricity per day, our street receives 18. I want to change that."
Or,
"My mum sells pounded yam for a living, i feel bad because she has too pound yam every morning, I want to make a simple device to help her pound the yam automatically."
Or even a simple

I will totally keep laughing at anti corruption agendas and rehabilitation schemes. grin

This is serious. This is liberating. But will the people read this? They're busy arguing who's the better between Messi and Ronaldo.

I'll respond better when I'm less busy. Thanks for your wisdom . Hahn, thanks for bringing me here. This is my habitat. LOL!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by hahn(m): 9:13am On Aug 26, 2015
Teempakguy:

Or,
Or even a simple

This is EXACTLY the problem. Our values and beliefs are what breed our citizens and turn them into the kind of leaders they are.

The youths are in quite a dilenma as we are faced with poor infrastructure, lack of quality education(even the internet needs funds to access and it's very expensive) and so on. I have always believed that the multitude of problems we face in this country actually offers us great opportunities because it is a common law that "whoever finds a solution to a great problem becomes great".

We are staring at huge tons of wealth and opportunities for greatness disguised as "problems" that I honestly feel ashamed that I am not yet a billionaire. I'm working on it though wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures by johnydon22(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2015
hahn:

The victim's mindset dilutes the human potential.

By not accepting responsibility for our conditions and circumstances .. We greatly reduce our ability to change them

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

London Used Phones And Tablets Price In Nigeria @ Kakacom Mobile World / This Is Made-In-Aba Twin Bed! We Will Get There / Benue Zoo Starves Lion, Other Animals To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.