Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,102 members, 7,953,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) (836 Views)

Lady Vows Not To Put A Call On Silent As She Lost Her Sister (Pics) / UNIZIK Graduate Vows To Commit Suicide, Apologizes To His Mom / Father Of Twins Abandoned At Lagos Hospital Vows Not To Take Their Mother Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by Jrush(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
I hear a lot of people say “for better for best”! Wow what a plunge of positivity and optimism. I am also a very positive person and most people are, the only problem with the above statement is not about believe or sentiments but about the profound realism of life. Personally, I am a realist and anybody who would be able to accept that sugar is sweet and ice is cold, would ponder and agree with me that life is not about good, better and best. I am not reviling against those idealists, but I can swear to you that I crave more than most people for a perfect world; a world that is full of bread and honey as the biblical exegesis calls the Promise land. The truth of this is that on that same land there are stones, rocks and sands (obstacles). Bread wasn’t found laying everywhere and all pots and jars were not overflowing with honey. Someone or probably a group of people did work hard for you to see that things are good or better.
Hammer on the nail, whenever we see progress, fruitfulness, advancement and happiness: somebody behind or in front of the scene is really working towards it. It might be the work of the poor cleaner in your firm or the driver that is never late or even a wife that abandoned her career to take care of the family. A lot of these people go about doing these activities diligently and are mostly neglected. Some of them do these things and are never appreciated, after all isn’t it their work, yes it is but what is a golf stick in the hands of Messi or a football on the legs of tiger woods. Joy, happiness and peace demands enormous hard work.
That family is so wonderful, wow! what a happy couple, look closely someone is taking the excruciating crucible and the sufferings. Forget about the excitement and jamboree they have brawls, and jeremiad. It might be the both of them or just one of them, how would we know when we are not wearing their shoes.
I wouldn’t want to sound like the enemy of progress we pray against, but I want to tell you the hard fact and what a lot of people would not tell you about.
The sun is going to turn dark, the moon would fly away at night, and you would have bad days and dark nights, you would feel you have sacrificed everything for what really? Listen people! this not a fight for the strong or smart. This fight is only won by patience, tolerance and endurance, if you go building in your head a “happy ever after” make sure to get the next season cause that movie didn’t end there, it never ends there.
Therefore, as you pray for the Sun hope you can deal with its scourging. As you hope for the best get ready to deal with the bad too. That is really what life is all about, before you take those vows get ready to deal with the Worst. Yes I strongly solicit that we take it either way, for better for worst be sure to stick it out to the end.
Finally don’t start something you can’t finish. Do not do it because you see others doing it, but rather be convinced that this is your decision and stand by it, come rain come sunshine, good or bad, thin or fat….. bliss… by JRUSH
So let’s reason together…

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by SUGARBEE(f): 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
You're in the spirit brother

#Flow brother!

2 Likes

Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
I have no such worries as I have Jesus. grin
Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by ArchEnemy(m): 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
....sugar is sweet....
No wonder Sugarbee is FTC

Op, little wonder why people jump in and out of marriages when they ve made a vow of for better for best.
Why won't they lazily run off when things get tough?
Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by SUGARBEE(f): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
ArchEnemy:
....sugar is sweet....

Op, little wonder why people jump in and out of marriages when they ve made a vow of for better for best.
grin

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by shaiba(f): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2015
Nice write up.

Like a wise man once said, be careful when you follow the strengths of a person, because behind it is a weakness.

We pray for perfect homes but never ready to pay the price or make the sacrifice. Many give up at the sign of first challenge.

Keep it up bro

2 Likes

Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by Jrush(m): 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
ArchEnemy:
....sugar is sweet....

Exactly the point.. your in the spirit....

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by donholy28(m): 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
For better for worst
For rich and for poor
till death do them part
...these words can change ur life better enjoy now
Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by SUGARBEE(f): 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jrush:

Exactly the point.. your in the spirit....

I believe the real meaning of love when entering marriage is a "decision" .. A decision to stay when all is good and when things go bad.. A decision to stay when the other partner develops cancer and you can't make out again for over 10 years.. A decision to stay when the financial strings are cut and you both pass through a phase of turbulence..

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by opeaceo: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
What a lovely write up!!!

In your words " This fight is only won by patience,
tolerance and endurance.."
Many think marriage is for when the going is good, once you mention the bad, they'll say "God forbid", like the bad times would never come calling.
" Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity". - Carl Jung.

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
SUGARBEE:

I believe the real meaning of love when entering marriage is a "decision" .. A decision to stay when all is good and when things go bad.. A decision to stay when the other partner develops cancer and you can't make out again for over 10 years.. A decision to stay when the financial strings are cut and you both pass through a phase of turbulence..

Youre right but its very difficult in practice
Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by Jrush(m): 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Moderator please move to front page for public consumption...
Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by eleojo23: 5:26am On Aug 26, 2015
Good write-up.
Re: Just Before You Take Those Vows (A must for all youth) by Richy4(m): 5:57am On Aug 26, 2015
A lot of people knew that commitment was not really rosy.

Do not marry because she is pretty or intelligent. Just take the vow because of love. And because you love her/him, you can tolerate her/him.

You might get married because she is beautiful to look at and wake up one day and discovered she was not the package you thought she was.
With her sleeping in your bed and saliva mistakenly gushing out of her mouth while she sleeps.

You will be like so this is beautiful Linda? But if love is there, it could be easily overlooked.

(1) (Reply)

My Bio Mother’s (pastor Mrs Idowu Lawanson)message To Me This Morning And / Suitors Now Prefer Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage / Man Uses Plier To Cut Wife's Ear (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.