Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra (8670 Views)

Igbo Group Holds Rally In Support Of President Buhari in Abuja (photos) / Despite Buhari's Threat, IPOB Holds Rally Today In Enugu / IPOB Holds Rally In Ireland - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by GINJALAND: 2:09am On Aug 26, 2015
By Tonye Maxwell

Members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Sunday took to the streets of Asaba, the Delta State capital, demanding for the actualisation of Biafra. Distributing fliers to motorists and passers-by, the protesters who numbered in thousands, who were chanting Biafran freedom songs, said they were out to sensitise Asaba populace on the need to join forces to realise the objective.

The fliers contains the website addresses of the leaders of the group, their hot lines and invites sympathisers to fellowship with the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB), Asaba Zone at Oneh Primary School, in the capital city. The protesters, numbering over 200, caused traffic jam along the popular Nnebisi Road and disrupted commercial activities as bystanders were deeply carried away by the uniformity with which they occupied the double lanes of the road and their pavements.

The police were seen controlling the traffic and moving with the protesters, to forestall any unforeseen disorder and also to make the protest a peaceful.

Tuning into Radio Biafra days after, the 'Director' Nnamdi Kanu was heard confirming that his group carried out the sensitization, in order to educate the indigenous people about the coming for restoration of Biafra, he also said similar protests have happened in parts of Akwa Ibom and Ogoja in Cross River state in recent works.

In recent months, Radio Biafra which we can authoritatively confirm that is owned by Indigeous People of Biafra (IPOB) at home and in diaspora, have been a source of controversy, with Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation issuing press statement, that the 'illegal' station has been jammed, the engineer arrested and the signal taken off air.
However, days after, the anchor and Director of the radio station called NBC "liars" and said none of their engineers was arrested.

It is also worthy to note that while people believed that the station has been taken off air, they have instead created a relay station in Yenegoa, Bayelsa state. In addition Biafra Television has been launched while the 'Director' could be heard telling his listeners to download their brand new mobile apps. Our inquiry indicated that Radio Biafra was never off air for a day, and it is a failure in part of NBC to issue a statement without succeeding in jamming the same station.

The restoration of Sovereign State of Biafra has taken an upward trend since last year, and from what is obtained in the former Eastern part of Nigeria and Delta state, more people are joining the struggle, and the issue of Biafra is like a daily discussion for everybody from all walks of life.

The agitation has been peaceful so far, and it remains to be known how the Federal Government will handle such a delicate issue, because for one, the agitation does not look like it will die down now or anytime soon, you only need to listen to Radio Biafra and you will realize that the agitation and desire to have Biafra restored has been embraced by million of people both at home and in the diaspora.

http://ginjaland.com/article/ipob-holds-rally-in-asaba-demands-restoration-of-biafra

]

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by asala1: 2:22am On Aug 26, 2015
You can see what joblessness can cause. People are really hungry in Nigeria, government need to do something.

7 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 26, 2015
brown roofs, ugly sweaty and horrible looking miscreants

This pictures are nasty

11 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by glassjar1: 2:35am On Aug 26, 2015
Yevgeny:

This pictures are nasty

you are now yapping your ugly ewedu acidic spit , your jealous and vampire blood sucking people won't delete your comments ?

BIAFRA IS SPIRITUAL DON'T FURCK WITH IT ,

BIAFRA COMING NO DARK FORCES CAN STOP IT .

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by tosin2013: 2:39am On Aug 26, 2015
Jobless misguided youths! Msctheww!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by glassjar1: 2:42am On Aug 26, 2015
Biafra reign supreme till

keep the flag flying above the sky .

BIAFRA IN SPACE WOW

I LOVE YOU BIAFRA

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 26, 2015
tosin2013:
Jobless misguided youths! Msctheww!

But I thought you people said the noise was only online?

Hehehe, catch ya.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 26, 2015
glassjar1:

you are now yapping your ugly ewedu acidic spit , your jealous and vampire blood sucking people won't delete your comments ?
BIAFRA IS SPIRITUAL DON'T FURCK WITH IT ,
BIAFRA COMING NO DARK FORCES CAN STOP IT .

Why do they all look like riff raffs thou?

6 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by cjrane: 4:23am On Aug 26, 2015
[size=18pt]Please where is MUSIWA??

He should get the Biafrans out of his western Naigerea[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 26, 2015
I thought Asaba is SS? Yorubas have serious mental problem. As it is right now, so-called SS are more pro Biafra today than SE. Come to Port Harcourt and see for yourself.

Thanks to these pro Biafran governors: Obiano, Wike, Ikpeazu and Okowa. When you stand with the people, the people will stand by you. To Gov. Okowa in particular, Biafrans are proud of you!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by glassjar1: 4:45am On Aug 26, 2015
Yevgeny:

I swear I furcking hate you and your tribe .

you are looking for my mouth ,If open my mouth .

you guys can post all kind terrible things against Biafra but once some answer your question ,you go deleting rampage

I hate your tribe with passion , I hate your tribe with impunity I swear stay clear off you will get poisoned . cool I dey vex

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by laffytaffy1: 4:54am On Aug 26, 2015
I can only imaging how many of my brothers from the south west will be rushed to the hospital for high BP when they see the pics.

16 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by glassjar1: 4:55am On Aug 26, 2015
this tribal animals and millipede ,this poisonous centipede are losers ,crier s .

when you post articles degrading IGBO TRIBE , but your anger and rage rises soon as some one replies bountifully toe to toe

defeating your inferior vessels with logic and ether-net flog stick ,striking your stinking amala nerve .

you go deleting rampage . just because I called them brain drain , I had 40 likes strike they are offended .

wicked soul with venomous heart if wishes are horses .they will kill all of us by mere looking at us .

Biafra lives .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 5:03am On Aug 26, 2015
GINJALAND:
By Tonye Maxwell

Members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Sunday took to the streets of Asaba, the Delta State capital, demanding for the actualisation of Biafra. Distributing fliers to motorists and passers-by, the protesters who numbered in thousands, who were chanting Biafran freedom songs, said they were out to sensitise Asaba populace on the need to join forces to realise the objective.

The fliers contains the website addresses of the leaders of the group, their hot lines and invites sympathisers to fellowship with the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB), Asaba Zone at Oneh Primary School, in the capital city. The protesters, numbering over 200, caused traffic jam along the popular Nnebisi Road and disrupted commercial activities as bystanders were deeply carried away by the uniformity with which they occupied the double lanes of the road and their pavements.

The police were seen controlling the traffic and moving with the protesters, to forestall any unforeseen disorder and also to make the protest a peaceful.

Tuning into Radio Biafra days after, the 'Director' Nnamdi Kanu was heard confirming that his group carried out the sensitization, in order to educate the indigenous people about the coming for restoration of Biafra, he also said similar protests have happened in parts of Akwa Ibom and Ogoja in Cross River state in recent works.

In recent months, Radio Biafra which we can authoritatively confirm that is owned by Indigeous People of Biafra (IPOB) at home and in diaspora, have been a source of controversy, with Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation issuing press statement, that the 'illegal' station has been jammed, the engineer arrested and the signal taken off air.
However, days after, the anchor and Director of the radio station called NBC "liars" and said none of their engineers was arrested.

It is also worthy to note that while people believed that the station has been taken off air, they have instead created a relay station in Yenegoa, Bayelsa state. In addition Biafra Television has been launched while the 'Director' could be heard telling his listeners to download their brand new mobile apps. Our inquiry indicated that Radio Biafra was never off air for a day, and it is a failure in part of NBC to issue a statement without succeeding in jamming the same station.

The restoration of Sovereign State of Biafra has taken an upward trend since last year, and from what is obtained in the former Eastern part of Nigeria and Delta state, more people are joining the struggle, and the issue of Biafra is like a daily discussion for everybody from all walks of life.

The agitation has been peaceful so far, and it remains to be known how the Federal Government will handle such a delicate issue, because for one, the agitation does not look like it will die down now or anytime soon, you only need to listen to Radio Biafra and you will realize that the agitation and desire to have Biafra restored has been embraced by million of people both at home and in the diaspora.

http://ginjaland.com/article/ipob-holds-rally-in-asaba-demands-restoration-of-biafra

]

proudly Biafran,,,shame on yorubas hope your eyes have now opened? sooner itshekiris will match followed by urhobos...igweocha is making us proud!! shame on yorubas who still thinks SS are not Biafrans excluding "Edos" your divide and rule tactics is falling into pieces...very soon those Ijaws you cornered into ondo state in the name of the zoo will match then you will understand how formidable we are .God bless Biafra...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by agarawu23(m): 5:13am On Aug 26, 2015
if the federal govt order forces to go after them, like what happened earlier, they will blame buhari.

Nigeria is ONE
NO fvcking tribe can divide US.

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Mckennedy: 5:22am On Aug 26, 2015
agarawu23:
if the federal govt order forces to go after them, like what happened earlier, they will blame buhari.

Nigeria is ONE

what makes Nigeria one?

9 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by JoRev(m): 5:29am On Aug 26, 2015
I am not and Igbo man neither am I a supporter of the breakage of "Nigeria " but from what our Past Political leaders have done to our commonwealth and resources. I think it is proper for people to express their grievance's in this way. I commend the Igbo people for doing this protest in a civil manner.

Don't forget that the issue of Boko Haram started as a result of poverty miss governance and corruption of our past leaders and even present. So the only thing the aggrieved youth from the North,East,West And South find solace in, is in such a group like Ipob.

The Niger Delta youths did same, by going to the creeks and fighting for "the people of Niger Delta" but at the end of the day, most if not all the agitators are now eating with the same Politician who have plundered and are still plundering our commonwealth.

I just hope that our fellow brothers from the east will not allow selfish people to hijack and sponsor this "Ipob" movement and when they get to the negotiation table,they line their pockets (I.e Niger Delta agitators) and forget about the masses who went on the street to protest;neither did they achieve their collective desire ( for Secession or better eastern development) but only creating some few billionaires out of this Ipob and Radio Biafra.

To the government of Nigeria, please do not understand-estimate this group, if they are genuine and United (which almost impossible) they can't be stopped. Please call all groups speak to them and listen to their cries,grievance's and try to reach out to them..but to those who chose not to take the path of reason,then others options should be made available... But violence should never be the way to tackle such questions.

I hope the new Apc government would be fair to all regions and seriously tackle corruption,Stable Power Supply,Employment and make National and regional development a priority. If if you tackle this 3 Seriously, issue of insecurity will be things of the past.

For an Idle and jobless man could be a tool of anarchy.

God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by PedroJP(m): 5:39am On Aug 26, 2015
Are Coolitempa,sweetlemonn and co still alive ?

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Onyejiuwaokoh: 5:39am On Aug 26, 2015
I am still wondering why some regions are getting heart failure over the division of this most dangerous, deadly and corrupt nation in the world, where ethnic and religious killings is their bread. Does it mean that they can't sustain themselves if this killing field is divided? For me and my family we support the division of this failed nation since our unity only produced corruption, killings and terrorism.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by sirwilli(m): 5:55am On Aug 26, 2015
Getting serious every day, let Nigeria let them go on.... Hummmm am seeing war if......

1 Like

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 26, 2015
Yevgeny:

This pictures are nasty
still looks better than your village a million and one times. Tell me if you've worn a white t shirt as clean as what they're wearing into those pics.

@topic, E don start...BIAFRA is coming cheesy hallelujah!!!

10 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 26, 2015
agarawu23:

Nigeria is ONE

like the federal government has ordered them to kill boko haram, shey? Did it work? One day, nigerian oil will finish, you'll then see how much the hausas hate you and your people

1 Like

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by PentiumPro(f): 6:12am On Aug 26, 2015
This issue was settled 45 years ago
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 26, 2015
Foools, imbeciles, myopic n parochial Nicompoop, that know not what they do...

Ignorant savages....

I have said it time n time again, they should limit their madness to the SE, the S.S is not n can never be wt Y'all greedy fellows...

If worse gets to worse, We declare a Republic of Niger delta.
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by jideprof: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2015
undecided Do They Want To Stand Alone Because Buhari Is Head Of State?
#YeyeDeySmell angry
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2015
Yevgeny:

Are you better than those people?
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by sammyj: 7:36am On Aug 26, 2015
Jobless people undecided
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by coolzeal(m): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2015
I don't understand. Why are the Yoruba's and Hausa's sweating so hard to jeopardize the Biafran dream whom they openly swear to hate? Are the Biafrans really indispensable that Nigerians can't do without? Besides, they don't want to be Nigeria make e no be by force ooh. The actualization of the sovereign state of Biafra is really stronger than what most people anticipated and not even the demon herself.. Queen Elizabeth can stop it this time. The land of the rising sun shall rise again.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 26, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Foools, imbeciles, myopic n parochial Nicompoop, that know not what they do...

Ignorant savages....

I have said it time n time again, they should limit their madness to the SE, the S.S is not n can never be wt Y'all greedy fellows...

If worse gets to worse, We declare a Republic of Niger delta.
Look at this yo-robber monkey's rant. you people are the most greedy and envious morons I have ever seen. What stops you people from agitating for your freedom? why are you people always speak for the people of SS?

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 26, 2015
ekenedegreat:
Look at this yo-robber monkey's rant. you people are the most greedy and envious morons I have ever seen. What stops you people from agitating for your freedom? why are you people always speak for the people of SS?
if from all I wrote, U could only phatom I'm of western origin, then I really do think U need some reassessment mentally; (Cus The hatred and disdain for the West have really eroded all ur sense of keen rationalism and objectivism)... really sorry.... a look @my profile may be of help.
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by imsuboi(m): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2015
cool
Re: PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra by shaddoww: 8:35am On Aug 26, 2015
I really envy the people of the south-east for having someone as courageous n bold like Nnamdi Kanu at dis time n age, I wish he believes in Nigeria n lead d army of youth in d country against dis our political elites, I can't just imagine d height we will reach, cos people are just looking for a leader who won't compromise n I think he has d quality. I hope he understands soon dat it will b easy for a camel to pass through than hole of a needle than for Nigeria to break, if politics could not break us, civil war could not, river Niger n Benue dat divided us, we built bridges across, den I don't think there is anything that can break us. But maybe if he can get the other two major ethnic groups in d south to support him n make it look like d South versus North, den maybe just maybe, but right now, I wish he use d same strength to rally d youth across board n fight for our generation n d one to come, cos even the rich n powerful people from his side would even b against him cos dey have much to loose, people like Orji Kalu, Cosmos Maduka e.t.c

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Supervised Obituaries Of Industries, Says Oshiomhole / Arewa Consultative Forum Divided Over Buhari’s Endorsement / Buhari Is Dead And Here Is The Proof - Nnamdi Kanu Gives Shocking Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.