Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries (22253 Views)

Court Sacks Stella Ngwu And Dennis Nnmachi Agbo As Federal Lawmakers / Niger APC Suspends Its Federal Lawmakers / Senate Inaugurates Committee To Review Lawmakers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by OAMMB(f): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2015
ilobasama:
Lols, I don add all the allowance and everything. Even if the greedy souls can manage that one we no go complain. Seriously its outrageous. This is corruption in itself. Unheard of. Just multiply 25m by number of senators and reps, you ll cry for nigeria

ok make i help them add 200k to the 500k make it 700k per month.... no be everyday them dey sit now..them no dey sit weekends, fridays and mondays except there is an urgent need for it...yet you go to work everyday and weekend sef if you work in a bank...(thank God i dont work in a bank sha)
how many people in nigeria earn 1m per month sef...
dont forget that many of them are billonaires before now oh...and them they use senate as retirement benefits

that 700k is enough... i try for them na ;grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by darazonian(m): 10:57am On Aug 26, 2015
nkemdi89:

In real sense its investment to them.

You are right. but if we are to develop, we must resolved to stand firm and stop this colossal nonsene. And if not, we will never get it right to move forward in this country.
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:07am On Aug 26, 2015
This foolish RMARC is still talking of basic salary which may be less than 1million but we are talking of the total monthly take-home pay which runs into several tens of millions per senator/Rep! We know Nigerian lawmakers are the highest paid in the world. Stop trying to pull wool over our eyes joor.

1 Like

Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by Myself2(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2015
kenonze:
Start it ASAP.

No country survives when over 70% of its budget goes to recurrent expenditures while 30% goes for capital projects.

The moment we start thinking of how to put the country first, everything shall fall in place

Excellent sumnation

1 Like

Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by jkbee(m): 11:18am On Aug 26, 2015
Hope we wl see the impact
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2015
Hehehehhehehehe grin grin grin
OAMMB:

ok make i help them add 200k to the 500k make it 700k per month.... no be everyday them dey sit now..them no dey sit weekends, fridays and mondays except there is an urgent need for it...yet you go to work everyday and weekend sef if you work in a bank...(thank God i dont work in a bank sha)
how many people in nigeria earn 1m per month sef...
dont forget that many of them are billonaires before now oh...and them they use senate as retirement benefits

that 700k is enough... i try for them na ;grin

Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by reverendfather: 11:46am On Aug 26, 2015
kpez:

Stupido! What did your last government do in the six wasteful years it held onto power except to loot this country dry? It's such stupid acts of that bloody government that has put us where we are today. U should be thankful to God that the chances of you being a refugee in your own fatherland in the near future is no longer there.
wait, who are you labelling as stupido?
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by criuze(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2015
Nice move . but if not wisely reinvested it'll won't be less another SURE -P
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by kingstylo01(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
rusher14:

To jobless Nigerians, I want to believe you aren't jobless.

The other point is part of a delusion you might want to take medication for.
lol. Doctor.

1 Like

Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by kingstylo01(m): 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
Onlymewakacum:

Sir, if you are not already feeling the change then am sorry for you.
Don't misunderstand me please. As a citizen of this country, i want the best for my nation.
Only tryna point out the outrageous campaign promises of Mr. President
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by kingstylo01(m): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
shaddoww:
Ghana is not too far ooo, I don't think it's more than #12,000 from Lagos with air-conditioned bus
lol. Why not go there yourself. Will book a flight for you. Plus you'll see fine fine air hostess cheesy
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by kingstylo01(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
boman2014:
jobless man go find work to do!
you wey get job, watin you dey find here?

Oh! Pardon me, you're looking for job cool
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by nkemdi89(f): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
darazonian:

You are right. but if we are to develop, we must resolved to stand firm and stop this colossal nonsene. And if not, we will never get it right to move forward in this country.
Its a good decision but let it work after four years of this house has finish recouping the money they spent so that the comings ones will take dressing.
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by baby124: 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
Better. The size and waste in government is simply unacceptable. The members of the House of Representatives are simply more than is necessary to be honest. We need to reduce that size
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by wearerelated: 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
Excellent! i wish to see how this ends.

A simple question the Lawmakers need to consider is, "when they run out of cash (before they became lawmakers) do they still maintain the same number of orderlies and maids"?

So why shld their pay be fixed in the face of Nigeria's revenue declining everyday?

I pray it is slashed by 50% in total (at d minimum), because even the constituency allowance is never spent on the constituents but 10% on thugs and praise singers, and 90% on self
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by pacespot(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
All this "FG to" is becoming boring in this country. I want to come online and read "FG slashed" or "FG did". This thing, they're just saying, could take months even years to be implemented

Not just a window-dressing pay-cut, but a significant 50% reduction in basic salary and allowances will show they really mean business

1 Like

Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by seunfape(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
make dem slash all of dem salary.
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by darazonian(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
nkemdi89:

Its a good decision but let it work after four years of this house has finish recouping the money they spent so that the comings ones will take dressing.
Ah nkemdi, why are you backing the current legislooters? it seems like you are one of them or you have someone in their. which of the chambers you dey red or blue sit? so that I will prepare well to recieve my own share from the national cake right.
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by nkemdi89(f): 7:56pm On Aug 26, 2015
darazonian:

Ah nkemdi, why are you backing the current legislooters? it seems like you are one of them or you have someone in their. which of the chambers you dey red or blue sit? so that I will prepare well to recieve my own share from the national cake right.
Hahahahaha e get one wey suppose to settle me after election and the payment of their wardrobe allowance if they dare touch their salary the person will use it as excuse and na so my own cut don take go. That's on a lighter mood though.
Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by darazonian(m): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
nkemdi89:

Hahahahaha e get one wey suppose to settle me after election and the payment of their wardrobe allowance if they dare touch their salary the person will use it as excuse and na so my own cut don take go. That's on a lighter mood though.

Ok. I will wait for you to settle me down too from your own share. Now we sealed the deal no more attack.

1 Like

Re: FG To Slash Federal Lawmakers’ Salaries by tonimenia: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nice move, from the Federal Government!

Meanwhile,

See 100 Most Powerful

Business Opportunities,

Free Financial Assistance /

Free Loans Without Collateral

And Latest Money Making Ideas

In Nigeria Now Without Delay

Immediately By Clicking On

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Tours The National Park In Malabo And Meets With Nigerian Community (Pics / Governor El-Rufai Visits Zainab Ahmed, Minister Of Finance / Four-yr-old Twins Suffocate To Death Inside Car In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.