Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,505 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! (6979 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by ronald4lif(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
mutter:
Tick tick tick tock!!!!

Do you hear that sound? The biological clock is ticking.
So wake up fast.
Of what use is money and fame if you can't share it with husband and children.
The greatest joy of being a woman is that after being the boss outside and making an impact you come home to your husband and kid's
A husband and children are the most valuable treasures.

Without a husband you are buying the foot mat without having a house Same advice for the men.

All what you said here can also be experienced by unmarried couples who are cohabitating. Children are the most valuable treasure anyone could afford whether married or not.

While I subscribe to the marital institution and won't discourage anyone who cherish it, it's pertinent one points out that couple can still live happily without a ceremonial piece of paper christened marriage cert that doesn't effect any thing useful.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Ofcourse I advocate that men and women should come together too, and it's okay that you believe in marriage ceremony, but the point I'm trying to make is that, that ceremonial part of cohabiting recognised by the world, shouldn't be standard for how people should lead their lives, it shouldn't mean sh1t, as that is just another idea by humans, people shouldn't be judged for not wanting to be a part of it.

My parents were married alright but I still would have been here if they weren't, all they needed was just their sperm and egg, not marriage, people can build/ be whatever they want without it.
As I said before, I believe everyone should be interested in starting a family, how you go about it isn't my business but as a christian I believe in marriage ceremony. . I believe in parent's blessings/family consent. ..

Read my earlier post, I didn't judge anyone. . I only said starting a family should be everyone's business thus my example with our parents. .

My post was directed at those saying they don't want a family/marriage because I believe naturally a man and woman should desire to come together. They should instead say they haven't found the right person yet..

Meanwhile, it was just my opinion. .. Whatever suits anyone!

5 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by freecocoa(f): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:
As I said before, I believe everyone should be interested in starting a family, how you go about it isn't my business but as a christian I believe in marriage ceremony. . I believe in parent's blessings/family consent. ..

Read my earlier post, I didn't judge anyone. . I only said starting a family should be everyone's business thus my example with our parents. .

My post was directed at those saying they don't want a family/marriage because I believe naturally a man and woman should desire to come together. They should instead say they haven't found the right person yet..

Meanwhile, it was just my opinion. .. Whatever suits anyone!
Don't misunderstand me dear, I didn't mean you personally judge people, I'm speaking on a general note, you know as regards the society and how they view people who aren't interested in marriage or couldn't get married.
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by TV01(m): 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
ronald4lif:
The difference between a married couple and a cohabitating couple is the marriage cert, a piece of paper which doesn't determine the success or failure of the union.
As NL' M-A-C cool, I simply couldn't pass without addressing this;

1. If you think marriage is merely a "piece of paper", you - to put it as politely as one can - simply have no idea what marriage is
2. That same faulty thinking is what leads you to tie marital success to a marital certificate, and believe that the difference between both arrangements is "a piece of paper" - really?

You would then need to define "success &/or failure; If it's the staying - happily - together and raising well-adjusted children, marriage is anything from x4 times more likely to produce positive outcomes than co-habiting.

"Co-habees", are more likely to split up, and split up earlier - most especially where children are involved.

ronald4lif:
One can build a family and live happily too without nuptials. That you can't cohabitate doesn't make your decision the better one to those who does.
Absolutely "one" can - indeed, any individual co-hab arrangement may be better than any number of individual marriages - but in most cases they are'nt. Marriage is in fact a better decision and a superior domestic arrangement - especially for women and children.

ronald4lif:
The keyword is happiness. Not what society and organized doctrines believes to be right or wrong.
This bit is not even worthy of a response.

TV

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by mutter(f): 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
bukatyne:

LOL!

But they did not have a 'physical' family they came home to daily.

I have nothing against marriage (I am married), however, I feel it is wrong to 'pressure' people to do so.

Trust me, when the person needs the companionship, no Jupiter will stop them.

No pressure but focused and praying for the things that matter
Most women in Nigeria are even ready to marry half a man. When they don't find one they talk marriage down .

3 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

The difference between a married couple and a cohabitating couple is the marriage cert, a piece of paper which doesn't determine the success or failure of the union. One can build a family and live happily too without nuptials. That you can't cohabitate doesn't make your decision the better one to those who does. The keyword is happiness. Not what society and organized doctrines believes to be right or wrong.
Nawa oo, I said I don't want to cohabit because as a christian I think it's wrong, so?? That's my believe because I think parent's blessings/family consent matter. . Whatever you believe isn't my business but please leave me to my own belief. ..
Did I say my decision is better
Did I say ceremony is the key to happiness

Read my comment again because your reply doesn't relate.. undecided

Meanyl, I don't understand what you people are advocating. . That man and woman should wake up and start living together without any kinda official performance? With nothing to show for it? No certificate or whatever? How do people know you're married? People need to know you're married so that they can commot eye for your husband or wife grin cheesy.... How do you obtain a visa? In the occasion of any disagreement, how does the court settle it when they can't even ascertain whether you're married or not?
Even in a job appointment, an appointment letter is issued.. undecided

Generally, it doesn't make sense to me because people will start living together indiscriminately. ...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by bukatyne(f): 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2015
mutter:

Most women in Nigeria are even ready to marry half a man. When they don't find one they talk marriage down .

Hmmmm!

I agree

Maybe not most but some.
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Don't misunderstand me dear, I didn't mean you personally judge people, I'm speaking on a general note, you know as regards the society and how they view people who aren't interested in marriage or couldn't get married.
Ok, I understand. . As I said before I don't personally like the kinda pressure given to people esp women....

It's well.. may we all find happiness. ..
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by freecocoa(f): 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2015
mutter:

Why do you think they are that way? Or that a woman who doesn't believe in marriage, does so because she couldn't get a man to marry?

5 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by freecocoa(f): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Ok, I understand. . As I said before I don't personally like the kinda pressure given to people esp women....

It's well.. may we all find happiness. ..
îseeee.wink
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by TV01(m): 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
mutter:
Most women in Nigeria are even ready to marry half a man. When they don't find one they talk marriage down.
Half-men maybe, but no half-truths. Very well said grin!

TV
But aunty, please, sofry, sofry, with our NL singles 0. We continue to encourage them grin.

4 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by funlord(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
grin

I wonder who even told this women that "even with a man" they are anything? Whether single or married you are all just plain old beings like the men themselves! Your impact on the lives of others as well as the world you live in is what shows your quality and "makes you something", not some useless ring or some highly publicised display of vanity called a wedding! Stop trying to live your lives based on the perceptions of nobodies! Kai!

9 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by ronald4lif(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
TV01:

As NL' M-I-C cool, I simply couldn't pass without addressing this;

1. If you think marriage is merely a "piece of paper", you - to put it as politely as one can - simply have no idea what marriage is
2. That same faulty thinking is what leads you to tie marital success to a marital certificate, and believe that the difference between both arrangements is "a piece of paper" - really?

You would then need to define "success &/or failure; If it's the staying - happily - together and raising well-adjusted children, marriage is anything from x4 times more likely to produce positive outcomes than co-habiting.

"Co-habees", are more likely to split up and split up earlier - most especially where children are involved.

Absolutely "one" can - indeed, any individual co-hab arrangement may be better than any number of individual marriages - but in most cases they don't. Marriage is in fact a better decision and a superior dpmestic arrangement - especially for women and children.

This bit is not even worthy of a response.

TV

I'm sure consensus wouldn't agree that marriage is more likely to produce a more effective outcome than other forms of relationships especially cohabs if the survey is focused on married couples. People could be married and have kids but still doesn't mean they're contented and might just be stuck in the union to avoid being stereotyped.

Marriages collapses on an almost equal scale as cohabs couple nowadays so I don't see the sentiment and certitude than one is better than the other. Just like marriage cohabitation doesn't also secure happiness, however, whatever any feels would guarantee them contentment they should go for it.

I still maintain that a marriage cert is the only distinguishing element between a married couple and cohabs ones and your discountenance couldn't dispel it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by TV01(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
ronald4lif:
I'm sure consensus wouldn't agree that marriage is more likely to produce a more effective outcome than other forms of relationships if the survey is focused on married couples.
. Have you read up on the subject? All empirical studies clearly show that marriage is far superior to co-habing and non-cohabbing domestic realtionships. Especially where children are involved. up to x6 better than the former and x10 better than the latter.

ronald4lif:
People could be married and have kids but still doesn't mean they're contented and might just be stuck in the union to avoid being stereotyped.
Yes this is true, but how does it make co-habbing better? And better for kids? You haven't even scratched the surface. You are just throwing out unthinking postulations to justify your opinion.

ronald4lif:
Marriages collapses on an almost equal scale as cohabs couple nowadays so I don't see the sentiment and certitude than one is better than the other.
Again, you are making false/blind assertons without having studied the research - just to feel secure in your erroneous position.

ronald4lif:
Just like marriage cohabitation doesn't also secure happiness, however, whatever any feels would guarantee them contentment they should go for it.
But true marriage properly entered into gives a better shot than co-habbing and is empiracally better for women and children. No one has said don't go for what you like. Just don't claim what you like, or go for, is as good as marriage when it is not.

ronald4lif:
I still maintain that a marriage cert is the only distinguishing between a married couple and cohabs ones and your discountenance couldn't dispel it.
And you maintain that because; 1. You do not know what true marriage is and 2. You have not given adequate thought to the matter. After all, the only difference between a WAEC holder and a B.Sc holder is a piece of paper, no? grin

TV

8 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

I beg to disagree sir, marriage is not for everybody and your analogy is groundless as Adam and Eve themselves never got married. Or if you have any biblical reference that said they had nuptials let's have it.

young man or should I say Mr civilization please explain that part of d bible that says man shall leave his parent house to be join with.......? Please...

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Good for y'all.. what you wish comes to you. ..

For me, I have always desired a successful career and a wonderful family of my own. Not for the society but for my own fulfillment..

I remember before my marriage when I was telling my mum how I was going to miss her and how I wished I could stay longer. She said No, I needed to build my own family too that I was enjoying the family built by she and my dad.....

You can say the right man/woman hasn't come along instead of saying marriage doesn't matter to you et al... Through marriage you were conceived and through marriage we can be able to answer God's call which is "Go into the world and multiply"...
Your wish, your life though!

However, I don't agree with the saying that women are nothing without men because I know I had my own voice before marriage and made some achievements too.....
Also, I don't like the way some people go about it, as if marriage should matter to women alone.. For eg, that your male friend undecided

Bottomline: I think marriage should matter to both men and women because you can't keep enjoying what your parents built without attempting to build yours......

well said sis ask them who are they acquiring they wealth for?

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Akuneshiobike:
If some women would try and possess some good attitudes, mehn forget the rest, attracting a husband wont be an issue.
There bad attitude has continually been keeping them in the dark towards knowing and accepting the realities of life.

thank u joor they do that all in the name of happiness, please ask them what do they enjoy?

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
Estharfabian:
LoL! Girls don't wanna get married...sweet! very soon...Guys are Gonna practically be on their kneels begging to get married...#WorldTransformation2! proud #Feminists! ;DLoL!

I laugh patiently waiting for that day.

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by ronald4lif(m): 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Nawa oo, I said I don't want to cohabit because as a christian I think it's wrong, so?? That's my believe because I think parent's blessings/family consent matter. . Whatever you believe isn't my business but please leave me to my own belief. ..
Did I say my decision is better
Did I say ceremony is the key to happiness

Read my comment again because your reply doesn't relate.. undecided

Meanyl, I don't understand what you people are advocating. . That man and woman should wake up and start living together without any kinda official performance? With nothing to show for it? No certificate or whatever? How do people know you're married? People need to know you're married so that they can commot eye for your husband or wife grin cheesy.... How do you obtain a visa? In the occasion of any disagreement, how does the court settle it when they can't even ascertain whether you're married or not?
Even in a job appointment, an appointment letter is issued.. undecided

Generally, it doesn't make sense to me because people will start living together indiscriminately. ...

Sure your belief isn't anyone's business neither is anyone's belief yours. However, when one attempt to attach markers on what is wrong or right based on their personal belief/principle then it becomes the business of anyone who doesn't subscribe or view issues on premise of established doctrines to clarify it. Individual beliefs and principles doesn't delineate right choices. That was the drive behind my response to your comment.

I'm not advocating for cohabition neither am I marriage. I'm for everyone adopting what makes them happy and only pointing out the differences and not so much of a difference of the two stages of a relationship.

Why should what the society address loving and happy couples as bothers them. If they like they can call them whatever they like it's their headache. The husband or wife designate doesn't change who they are and stand for.

I don't know about Nigerian laws but some develop countries like many in Europe recognises cohabitating couples and accords them same rights as married ones. They can secure visa and residency under civil partnership rights. In the UK, civil partnership couples and women in cohabition relationship are also accorded equal alimony settlements in the divorce courts.
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
mutter:
Tick tick tick tock!!!!

So wake up fast.
The greatest joy of being a woman is that after being the boss outside and making an impact you come home to your husband and kid's

Without a husband you are buying the foot mat without having a house Same advice for the men.

sister well said, ur home will be filled with happiness and joy leave them to enjoy or should I say happiness as they said they only thing they tag as happiness is to make money from various means,tour the world,drink,buy earthly things and party,that is the happiness to hover around in circles. Sister ur own no go loss.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
adahgold:

I laugh patiently waiting for that day.
don't say ah didn't tell yah...
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
bukatyne:

Would you say Mother Teresa was not fulfilled?
What about Apostle Paul (in the Bible)?

did u by any way hear that they went about flirting.

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

The difference between a married couple and a cohabitating couple is the marriage cert, a piece of paper which doesn't determine the success or failure of the union. One can build a family and live happily too without nuptials. That you can't cohabitate doesn't make your decision the better one to those who does. The keyword is happiness. Not what society and organized doctrines believes to be right or wrong.

is not only d cert my sister,they blessing from God is included if you think is a lie try cohabiting with out the blessing from God and see whether it will go well.
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
Estharfabian:
don't say ah didn't tell yah...

so you told who?
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by ronald4lif(m): 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
TV01:

. Have you read up on the subject? All empirical studies clearly show that marriage is far superior to co-habing and non-cohabbing domestic realtionships. Especially where children are involved. up to x6 better than the former and x10 better than the latter.

Yes this is true, but how does it make co-habbing better? And better for kids? You haven't even scratched the surface. You are just throwing out unthinking postulations to justify your opinion.

Again, you are making false/blind assertons without having studied the research - just to feel secure in your erroneous position.

But true marriage properly entered into gives a better shot than co-habbing and is empiracally better for women and children. No one has said don't go for what you like. Just don't claim what you like, or go for, is as good as marriage when it is not.

And you maintain that because; 1. You do not know what true marriage is and 2. You have not given adequate thought to the matter. After all, the only difference between a WAEC holder and a B.Sc holder is a piece of paper, no? grin

TV

I don't get it. What research are you talking about as I can't find any attached to the OP's post. If you're talking about research from scholars and educational institutions then there are as many which disagree about marriage being better than cohabitation. And I also fail to see why you concluded my postulations are erroneous and yours factual by the argument you submitted.

A WAEC and B.sc holder are both accorded certificate so that doesn't correspond with the discourse.

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by ronald4lif(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
adahgold:

is not only d cert my sister,they blessing from God is included if you think is a lie try cohabiting with out the blessing from God and see whether it will go well.

I don't know how to react to your comment sha. But hasn't it occurred to you that some people are unreligious, even doesn't believe in the existence of a God?
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by adahgold(m): 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

I don't know how to react to your comment sha. But hasn't it occurred to you that some people are unreligious, even doesn't believe in the existence of a God?

lol I ask dose kind of people one question who gave them they brain to think or reason,ask them and find out there reply. Cheers.
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by Pidggin(f): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
mutter:
Tick tick tick tock!!!!

So wake up fast.

Very funny post.
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by Pidggin(f): 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
bukatyne:

Would you say Mother Teresa was not fulfilled?
What about Apostle Paul (in the Bible)?

God bless you for this
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by Pidggin(f): 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2015
bukatyne:

LOL!

But they did not have a 'physical' family they came home to daily..

Actually they did. None of the stated examples went back home to empty houses.
Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by ApexTitan(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

I don't get it. What research are you talking about as I can't find any attached to the OP's post. If you're talking about research from scholars and educational institutions then there are as many which disagree about marriage being better than cohabitation. And I also fail to see why you concluded my postulations are erroneous and yours factual by the argument you submitted.

Please direct my attention to any one research that says cohabitation is better than marriage.

Re: You Are Nothing Without A Man.... Ladies!!! by ronald4lif(m): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

Please direct my attention to any one research that says cohabitation is better than marriage.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/living-together-may-be-even-better-for-your-health-than-marriage-1424145641

http://www.today.com/health/couples-who-cohabitate-are-happier-marrieds-1C9382221

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1248423

The above are just three among other links of research that suggest cohabitation is better or same as marriage. For the record, I don't submit to these research even as I don't agree anyone is better and it's subjected to individual's perspective. I'm aware there are also many studies that posits marriage is better as either is derived from the pundits and the community/individuals whose opinions were collated.

I'm not backing cohabition but saying that whichever of the two anyone finds suitable they should grab it and care less about objections and what the greater populace thinks. No one should rub in their opinion on others. Just accept which you think is right for you and let others theirs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Submission In A Marriage: Women, Why The Resistance? / How Do You Cope With Envy? / Help...i Am Finished!contemplating Abortion At Five Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.