Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner (28031 Views)

Amaka Osakwe Blasts Ambode "For Demolishing Her Shop Without Notice" / Lagosians Query Ambode For This Manhood-Styled Sculpture Under Ikeja Bridge / Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Yorobastard(m): 11:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
noah91:
We don't have to cos we r liberal, accommodating, tolerant and not barbaric like u guys. Moreover, we r ur big brother so we've been showing u love

Yeah...I support your first 3 but not the last....but the thing is that these governors put in place people that they can control...don't be very happy becos ACF is applauding your governor for putting in place someone from the north.....

You can never win the heart of a Northerner......Jonathan is an example
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by noah91(m): 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2015
Yorobastard:

Yeah...I support your first 3 but not the last....but the thing is that these governors put in place people that they can control...don't be very happy becos ACF is applauding your governor for putting in place someone from the north.....

You can never win the heart of a Northerner......Jonathan is an example
We don't need to win the heart of anybody. Our kind gestures hv been paving way 4 us even b4 1960 n that's why our region is d most sought after

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Eluwilussit(m): 2:46am On Aug 27, 2015
fulanimafia:
Sophisticated politics, the SW/APC continues to be progressive in its politics. El-Rufai's appointment of two SW aides comes to mind.

Well done Ambode.

My brother, that was how Nigeria rolled in the past. A Hausa man was the mayor of Enugu in the 60s. That's why I am surprised when I read some tribal comments here. I had a Hausa school father and a Fulani school son in those days. I mean in mid-late 80s. The school is in SS o. When we were truly one Nigeria. Things have fallen apart long time ago. It is such a shame. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Alaanyihaji(m): 5:39am On Aug 27, 2015
coolitempa:

This is good news......notherners appointing yorubas....yorubas doing vice versa.....BUT YET TO SEE AGBARI OJUKWUS DO LIKEWISE....... cheesy...if a flat'head was to be appointed now...they will be complaining to say they are being marginalised unlike our polite and decent northern brothers.....who understand the art of diplomacy..... cheesy cheesy

My question is this.....why are the iboes so barbaric
Because they don't know how to coolitempa!
The word barbaric is rather impolite, but I agree more states should emulate the good gesture, don't forget that gov Rochas of Imo has done more than this. So it's not a call to only Ibos to emulate but all states across the geo political zones.
So coolitempa my dear. Ikan niwa.
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Masterclass32: 6:20am On Aug 27, 2015
Nigeria is gradually getting to that point where she must make great and eternal decisions concerning her future. THE VALLEY OF DECISION.
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 27, 2015
experimentist:
cry mumu, na 'in the mirror', not, 'on the mirror'..
Taaa comot here this Ewu Congo!!
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 27, 2015
disumusa:
gorrilla ibo with yamleg, what about your perfume?
Baboon awusa with spaghetti leg, what about your cattle dong?
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by fulanimafia: 7:29am On Aug 27, 2015
Eluwilussit:

My brother, that was how Nigeria rolled in the past. A Hausa man was the mayor of Enugu in the 60s. That's why I am surprised when I read some tribal comments here. I had a Hausa school father and a Fulani school son in those days. I mean in mid-late 80s. The school is in SS o. When we were truly one Nigeria. Things have fallen apart long time ago. It is such a shame. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Such memories must trigger feelings of nostalgia in you, things have really gone bad. Let's hope for better days my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by omoolope2019(m): 7:37am On Aug 27, 2015
fulanimafia:
Northern youths, under the aegis of Arewa Youth Forum (AYF), have commended Lagos State Governor Akinwumi Ambode for nominating a leader of the Hausa/Fulani community in the state, Mohammed Kabiru for commissioner.

Speaking on behalf the youth, AYF President, Gambo Ibrahim Gujungu urged other state governors in the country to emulate Governor Akinwumi Ambode, by appointing non-indigenous cabinet members who have the capacity to deliver in line with the mandate and vision of their governments.
Gujungu noted that Governor Ambode’s gesture was one of the unifying factors need to build national integration in the country, saying it would heartwarming to see a Yoruba or Ibo being appointed a commissioner in Zamfara State.

“We look forward to the day when we will see a Yoruba or Ibo being appointed a commissioner in Zamfara or Sokoto. It is gestures like Ambode’s that can truly unite the different tribes and religions in the country.
“We commend Governor Ambode for this uncommon political gesture, and want to assure him that the Government and good people of Lagos State will never regret the appointment of Mohammed Kabiru as commissioner in the state,” Gujungu added.
He further urged Arewa youths to continue to be good ambassadors of the North wherever they may find themselves, saying Governor Ambode has found Mohammed Kabiru worthy of his cabinet membership owing to his strong character and integrity.

http://leadership.ng/news/456387/arewa-youths-commend-ambode-for-nominating-northerner-for-commissioner

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Jascon4: 7:41am On Aug 27, 2015
ibotic:

As an original Nnewi man...this is what I have been telling my ibo brothers......rather than be slave to Hausa...Yoruba...Ijaws....let us be slave to just Yoruba....we respect you people.....great race... cheesy

So you are a man doubling as a woman? What other surprise is up your sleeve? I suppose you made the revelation unwittingly.
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by omoolope2019(m): 7:41am On Aug 27, 2015
Yoruba people says If you give tapa a chance he will send for igunnu soon hausa man go contest for governorship position in lagos ... Yoruba ronu
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by ibotic(f): 7:45am On Aug 27, 2015
Jascon4:

So you are a man doubling as a woman? What other surprise is up your sleeve? I suppose you made the revelation unwittingly.

I am a full ibo woman....read carefully before writing......IPOB youth...... grin

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Jascon4: 7:52am On Aug 27, 2015
ibotic:

I am a full ibo woman....read carefully before writing......IPOB youth...... grin

LOL, it is someone who is confused about his gender that would say he is a full fledged ibo man and in the next minute says he's a woman. You should go back and read your comment which I quoted. LOL
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Madeb: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2015
GodMode:

In life, if you're not sentimental to your tribe then you're a wanderer...

Cats like lions, tigers, leopard e.t.c are all from the cat family but you don't see them staying as one..
Lions will rather stay with lions and vice versa...

On earth, it has always been survival of fittest and that's how it will be till eternity...

Africa needs to realise this and get its head together.
. Can these help and develop our country. my friend we need 2 create unity among our land
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by ibotic(f): 8:03am On Aug 27, 2015
Jascon4:

LOL, it is someone who is confused about his gender that would say he is a full fledged ibo man and in the next minute says he's a woman. You should go back and read your comment which I quoted. LOL

That was a typo....corrected......Chukwu abiama.....IPOB youth.... grin

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Abdulhakeem7(m): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2015
alcmene:
Yarribas are and have always been loyal to their slave masters
it's d arrogance of d ibos dat will continue to torment dem and remain forever marginalised

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by sunnymaja(m): 9:48am On Aug 27, 2015
ekenedegreat:
GREEDY eshinjuju the rotten maggot!! The smelly thing from yo-robber!

stupid bias generation. Always wanted to get from others but never ready to give
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by SUBWAY101(m): 10:48am On Aug 27, 2015
ibotic:

Don't mind that sukkot.....I am ibo with a small flat.head.....Chukwu abiama.....Biafra...land of the rising sun........IPOB youth.... grin

Lmaoo @ IPOB Youth. Una no go kill person

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by markchidex: 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
u will only be good in de eyes of de people when u agree to be slave
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by Eluwilussit(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2015
fulanimafia:

Such memories must trigger feelings of nostalgia in you, things have really gone bad. Let's hope for better days my brother.

I am so bitter about the whole thing. It breaks u down and makes u shed some tears very often. Those of us who attended Federal Govt Colleges in those days, know what it means to be a Nigerian.

Maybe, lol, we were too young to see the bigger picture out there. May be we were just not well informed. Nevertheless, most of us grew up to believe in that ideal nigeria. We all ate and drank from the same bowl. Passing it around as usual. We were just boys. Southern boys dated northern girls and Northern boys likewise dated Southern girls. Unfortunately, idealism is simply a mirage in our case. Shame. I want that Nigeria back. embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by mhbabanna: 4:03am On Aug 29, 2015
wiseoneking:
No northern state appointed any SW comissioner. Its only aids or spokes man like in media. Ambode should make sure that atleast two igbo persons is appointed into his cabinent. He should note that 2 igbos presently occupied the state house of assembly and one in federal house. This they achieved through their votes and number. Ambode should do the right thing, igbo first. Lol
But honestly I think that can only happen in lagos or sw. With all sincerity that can not happen in the ss/se or north. The yorubas are quite liberal.
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:27am On Aug 29, 2015
Jascon4:

He wouldnt be the first Iboman to camouflage as a woman, neither will he be last. grin
Re: Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:45am On Aug 29, 2015
omoolope2019:
Yoruba people says If you give tapa a chance he will send for igunnu soon hausa man go contest for governorship position in lagos ... Yoruba ronu

If you are Yoruba you are not versed in the application of proverbs. That's shocking!!

Tapa has been given ample chance in Lagos and they have proven to be family with Yorubas. We never ever have any issues with them. So your proverb is misplaced here.

Hausa slaves fought with indigenes in the defense of Lagos against Beecroft's assault and ultimate destruction of Lagos in 1854. They went on exile to Epe and except for a few that returned with Oshodi, most settled in Epe and their descendants have lived there ever since and mixed blood with Ijebus. Epe was one of the earliest Yoruba cities to build a mosque and practice Islam. It is the seat of religious scholarship in Lagos State. This is attributable to the population of Hausa and Tapa exiles who took refuge there with King Kosoko.

So Hausa has a history in Lagos that has never been publicly told. Who else to recognize and reward it than Ambode himself whose roots of course is in Epe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Halimatu Sa'adiya Idris Killed By Armed Robbers Along Abuja-Kaduna Road. Photos / Buhari To Travel To London For UK - Africa Investment Summit / Unknown Gunmen Give Politicians 48 Hours To Withdraw Soldiers From South-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.