Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor (2587 Views)

Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? / Is Fashola A Governor Or A Joker?..( Photo) / Maryam Yaro (Sanusi's Alleged Girlfriend) Is A CBN Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by essentialB(f): 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2009
Am asking this question because there are rumours making the rounds that the present governor of Bauchi state who is also a son - in - law of President Yaradua is being considered as a replacement to Chukwuma Soludo the CBN governor whose tenure of office expires in May.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by Fhemmmy: 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2009
We shouldnt be comparing those 2 at all, but in a nation like Nigeria, we could and for Nigeria, i will say CBN governor.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by KunleOshob(m): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2009
A state governor is more powerful(constituitionally) but the CBN governor controls more money grin i guess that should answer your question.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2009
The CBN could flex for the state governor in Nija and make sure they go broke.
What a nation we have
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by mustafar1: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

The CBN could flex for the state governor in Nija and make sure they go broke.
What a nation we have

how can the CBN flex for the state? what actions would you consider as flexing?
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:01am On Mar 31, 2009
i would say in naija its a state governor that is more powerful and commands more respect. my opinion sha! cool
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:04am On Mar 31, 2009
what would you say about a minister and a governor? most people would say a governor am sure.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by reality4us(m): 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2009
I will prefer to be a state governor because he has overall power all over the state. His power transcends managing money. A CBN Governor only helps to manage the economy of the country while a state governor has executive powers. He decides how and which part of the state to develop, he is accountable to no one on his security votes but outside pecks of office the CBN cannot pocket money any how without being questioned.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by desgiezd(m): 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2009
A state governor is obviously more powerful than the CBN governor. A state governor is voted for while the CBN governor gets to office by appointment. Though the CBN governor's position is tenored but his removal is at the pleasure of Mr. President. A state governor exercises executive powers which the CBN governor does not have.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by essentialB(f): 8:44am On Apr 01, 2009
RICHIE BOI:

what would you say about a minister and a governor? most people would say a governor am sure.

In Naija I still dont know why someone after becoming a Governor schemes to be made a minister ( Achike Udenwa, Sam Egwu etc). Also some ministers use their positions as launching pads to their governorship ambitions (Olusegun Agagu, Elechi, the governor of Cross Rivers, etc) recycling the same old and worn out people. At the end of the day private pockets gets richer and richer. Quite a pity indeed
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by obiem(m): 8:53am On Apr 01, 2009
The CBN governor is the 37th governor in the country.

Constitutionally, state governors have more power

Monetarily and financially, the CBN governor weilds more influence,
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by essentialB(f): 11:38am On Apr 01, 2009
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by asha80(m): 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2009
Is yardua for real with this yuguda thing
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by reality4us(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2009
asha 80:

Is yardua for real with this yuguda thing

The thing tire me ooo. Even somebody who will soon spend two years in office without any single achievement, some people are already calling for a second term for him.

"Which way Nigeria" ( May Sony Okosuns soul continue to rest in peace)
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by Frizy(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2009
I don't know why people tend to think governors of a state could be more powerful than the CBN governor. People that control the monetary policy of a nation can enslave the nation into debt because of their selfish reasons. Rothschild of the western banking industry said :"Give me the power to control the people's money and I care less on who rules over them."

Just pray your CBN governor wouldn't be an economic hit man, he could turn our naira to $1 to N1000.00 overnight. And everything in the nation becomes cheap or worthless, foreigners would buy you and your nation. cry
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by sadboi: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2009
The failure of a State Governor impacts on a percentage of a country population while that of an Ex-Chequer spreads like wild fire!! I believe CBN Governor is stronger all being equal
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by Lagosboy: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2009
Why can Yaradua make his wife the CBN governor if he would have no shame and make Yuguda the CBN governor.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by georgecso(m): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
He, Yuguda is just like any other Nigerian despite the fact he is related to the President. But I don't think Yaradua will give him that post because the Finance Minister and Yuguda are from the North as such Yaradua has to look else where to shop for the Next CBN governor.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by blinx4real(m): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2009
POWERFUL?? What a word, ur que sounds like a 5yr old asking his dad "who is more powerful - Batman or Superman!"

The question of power does not even come in at all, the functions of a CBN gov is totally separate from that of the state gov, there is no overlap and no cause for interference in each other's roles adn responsibility.

It is only in naija that someone considers himself POWERFUL simply because he has an official position. Do ur bloody work and stop looking for pple to oppress.
Re: Who Is More Powerful; A Cbn Governor Or A State Governor by reality4us(m): 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2009
But why the rumuor of a replacement of Soludo. Has he not done well to deserve a second term? To me he should be considered for another term unless his only sin is because he is an Igbo man and secondly the north is accussing him that the so called bank consolidation did not favour them. That is because the governors do not have control of any bank that they can just walk in and collect as much money as they want the way they did to Bank Of the North, Trade bank, Societe General Bank etc.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Why Is A Terrorist Wearing The Same Body Armour As The Army In Pic? / Enugu, Anambra At War Over Oil Blocs / The beginning and end of ezenwor wike and rotimi ameachi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.