Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her (26376 Views)

Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me / My Boss Is Asking Me Out On A Date / My Boss Is Pushing Me To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by victorazy(m): 10:27am On Sep 04, 2015
ephi123:

Haha cheesy
Some things come with time. I am sure he will learn from the experience. I feel he should continue to put in his best, whilst learning how to manage his work environment.

You can't cover talent or pretend about it cuz is is written on ur forehead and must display wherever you go.

All we have to do is to use our head in all we do, always apply wisdom and only matured mind can produce it.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by EbukaMascot(m): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2015
Try to carry her along by discussing your ideas with her before implementation.Make her take the credit while you get your pay.....
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2015
You are becoming more valuable than her... like somebody just said, never outshine the master.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2015
Sell your ideas to her but tell everyone - I mean everyone who cares to know - that it was your boss' idea. You need to understand the Master - slave rule, "The master takes the glory for every good that happens within his domain". If she receives all the plaudits for the steady growth of the company, then she'll be at peace with you.
So, just do your best, gather the required experience and when it's time to set on your own, you leave, but always play by the rules as an employee.
Remember you're there to do a job and not to become a celeb and definitely not to outshine your boss.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by 1God: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2015
just try ur best my bro.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by bigtt76(f): 10:35am On Sep 04, 2015
Don't mind your boss! Keep dishing out the ideas and innovations. Its better the company sacks you for being very productive an innovative than lacking all these qualities. Let your good deeds fight for you and don't cowered into being reclusive.

Its very possible your boss is bleeping someone high and careless if the company makes money or not but then the business owners needs the numbers to keep coming in, a reasonable business owner would not buy into your boss' explanation for the company to sack you because of your innovative ideas.

Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

I am facing a very difficult time at my workplace. I landed a job fourteen months ago and the first eight months were the honeymoon period. My boss loved everything I did. I walked around feeling on top of the world. I was very innovative.

First I replaced our outdated newsletter publishing platform with a new one that is faster, cheaper and much easier to use. I cleaned out our newsletter subscriber database and used social media tools to double our newsletter subscription list.

Then I started including fun little quizzes and community discussion topics on our site and our newsletter. Our sales increased by fifteen percent. I created a “Get Started” kit for new customers. I’ve never had as much fun on a job as I had in my first eight or nine months here. Then things started to get ugly.

My boss said “You’ve made your point. Give the new ideas a break.” I was completely shocked. I thought my boss who happens to be of an opposite sex, the Head of Marketing, would want to keep moving forward fast. I thought that my new ideas would make my boss happy and they did at first, but then she said “e don do.”

I have a dozen more ideas ready to implement. The salespeople have asked me for an online customer training that they can use when they visit new customers.

Now I don’t know how to prove my value or even how to get through the day. I can’t even answer sales and customer requests intelligently because I can’t say “That’s a great suggestion, and we are working on implementing it.” I can’t say that because it isn’t true!

I haven’t spent a dime on my marketing initiatives. The only expense to the company is my salary which is not that big. I replaced a person who was paid a lot more than I get paid, because I heard it from the salespeople who were very dissatisfied with my predecessor, kemi.

Please I need your advice, what should I do? I’m completely frustrated. Can I get my boss, to let me keep doing my job or do I have to leave my job after less than a year and a half knowing how unfriendly the labor market is?

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

http://jobtrends.com.ng/please-help-my-boss-is-scared-i-will-replace-her/
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by excellencygreat(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2015
Let me. Just tell u straight, U ve got good and great ideas, but they won't work out well with the path u have taken. The best thing to do is to just give your ideas to your boss so she can implement them. Let her take the credit, while u continue. Afterall, as long as the necessaries are done, it should not matter to U, who take d credit or the praise.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by thermalroll: 10:42am On Sep 04, 2015
Come work for me
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by thermalroll: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2015
Send CV to info@eprintnigeriacom
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by mondaypaul77(m): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2015
I once in your shoe.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by iamphill: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2015
Go and read 48laws of power am sure you will be ok after that.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by obiaguna(m): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2015
You have come up with great ideas, good!
Your ideas brought forth great results, good!
You have a whole lot of ideas in you, fantastic!
Your boss doesn't want any more of your great ideas, good!
Then save your ideas and start your own company. If you have lots of ideas to create an online whatever it is platform you are involved with and can generate sales, then pick a team and start a small company.
Overtime you can then propel yourself into greater Heights.
My little contribution anyway.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by bigpsalmy(m): 11:02am On Sep 04, 2015
Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

I am facing a very difficult time at my workplace. I landed a job fourteen months ago and the first eight months were the honeymoon period. My boss loved everything I did. I walked around feeling on top of the world. I was very innovative.

First I replaced our outdated newsletter publishing platform with a new one that is faster, cheaper and much easier to use. I cleaned out our newsletter subscriber database and used social media tools to double our newsletter subscription list.

Then I started including fun little quizzes and community discussion topics on our site and our newsletter. Our sales increased by fifteen percent. I created a “Get Started” kit for new customers. I’ve never had as much fun on a job as I had in my first eight or nine months here. Then things started to get ugly.

My boss said “You’ve made your point. Give the new ideas a break.” I was completely shocked. I thought my boss who happens to be of an opposite sex, the Head of Marketing, would want to keep moving forward fast. I thought that my new ideas would make my boss happy and they did at first, but then she said “e don do.”

I have a dozen more ideas ready to implement. The salespeople have asked me for an online customer training that they can use when they visit new customers.

Now I don’t know how to prove my value or even how to get through the day. I can’t even answer sales and customer requests intelligently because I can’t say “That’s a great suggestion, and we are working on implementing it.” I can’t say that because it isn’t true!

I haven’t spent a dime on my marketing initiatives. The only expense to the company is my salary which is not that big. I replaced a person who was paid a lot more than I get paid, because I heard it from the salespeople who were very dissatisfied with my predecessor, kemi.

Please I need your advice, what should I do? I’m completely frustrated. Can I get my boss, to let me keep doing my job or do I have to leave my job after less than a year and a half knowing how unfriendly the labor market is?

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

Just keep your heads up and look for another job where your skills will be appreciated. What is the essence of rolling your eyes in the dark?
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by kernel501: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2015
Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

Please, can l have you mail address, thanks.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Originalsly: 11:12am On Sep 04, 2015
Is your boss the owner?...the oga of oga of the company? If she is not then you shouldn't quit or limit yourself because of her. Set a meeting with the big boss... outline what you have done for the company...that you have more ideas in store...love working with the company...have increased the earnings and value of the company but your present salary is showing that the company doesn't appreciate your input. Should he ask how much will do....then call for twice the previous guy was making....and settle for a little less...for the present. He would pay.....he can't afford to lose you.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one # never outshine the master.

48 LAWS OF POWER
And that was the downfall of SATAN FROM HEAVEN # HE WANTS TO OUTSHINE GOD
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by blenko: 11:39am On Sep 04, 2015
Do not outshine your boss. Wisdom is profitable to direct. U should not make it obvious that Ure d owner of the ideas and Learn to respect the office of ur boss. Failure to do so might lead to u getting sidelined, set up and then fired. Be warned.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by bonechamberlain(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one
# never outshine the master.

48 LAWS OF POWER
that rule doesn't apply in this situation. it's a job she us doing and she is doing it perfectly if her boss wants to be stagnant and hates innovation he should resign.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by gsalvatore: 11:59am On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one

48 LAWS OF POWER
The Op is smart and intelligent and dumb at same time.

How could you forget this Rule?

That being said, next time you have a stellar idea to shoot out, why dont you do it through your boss? Make it look as if its his idea. Just to score points and keep everybody happy.

One thing in life is to be smart/intelligent/talented...but without the right moves/attitude...you are going NOWHERE.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by clemmonce(m): 12:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
NairalandDotOrg:
Rule number one

48 LAWS OF POWER
Confirm. Very true. a lot of people make that mistake and start having problem at work.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by francizy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nnaeb:
Dear JobTrends,

Thanks,

Christopher

Share your opinions!

The guy in question did no harm. I wish he hadn't done any of those innovative turn around in the organization. He should henceforth pen down all his ideas and keep them for the purpose of starting up his business since some people don't like good things.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by flokii: 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2015
You wan use ur own ideas collect food from ur oga mouth ...
eleyi gidi gan o
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by BRAINTORMS(m): 1:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
Guyman02:
Remain creative but allow her to 'own' the ideas as your boss and making her feel as one by letting people think she is the generator of the new ideas and that whatever you have achieved is because of her guidance and with time she will stop seeing you as a threat to her job.

this is all you need to do now.

Let her have all the glory , while you do the work
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by XKZ(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
Nnaeb:
Please I need your advice, what should I do?

Discuss all your new ideas with her privately. Then let her be the one to introduce them to the firm.
Of course she'll then nominate you to implement 'her ideas'.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by UpLoyo: 1:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
I'm guessing you don't know what a boss really means, you are accountable to her and stop means stop. But you can go ahead if you have something to proof, unemployment market is awaiting you. If you that smart, what do you think will happen to a person the boss sees as a competition?
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
Watch the movie "KINGS" - U will learn valuable lessons.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by ElPhoche(m): 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
One of the rules in the book, 48 laws of power is - DO NOT OUTSHINE YOUR BOSS. Pass or ideas through her and let her give some input, no matter how small, so your job security is intact.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by lawrenzooo: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
It's one of the laws of power. Never outshine your master. Share your Idea's with her and let her and leave it there that way she would present the idea to the organization. That way she's happy nd you have ur job.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Smooyis(m): 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
Lovexme:
Maybe you should consider sharing your ideas with you boss.
Re: Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her by Smooyis(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2015
Lovexme:
Maybe you should consider sharing your ideas with you boss.

Exactly what I had in mind. May your wisdom never run dry.

Always first discuss with your boss in humility of mind whatever you have as as a suggestion.

Let her be the one to say it in the meeting officially. And keep this as a secret between the two of you.

One day the truth will be known. I mean in the fulness of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Female Molestation In One Of The Big Companies In Lagos. Must Read / Nigeria Institute Of Management"s Result Is Out,what Next? / Daring Rescue: LASEMA Recognizes Daring Third Mainland Bridge Rescue Responders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.