Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu (827 Views)

PDP Behind Fuel Scarcity - Tinubu / Crisis Between Fashola & Tinubu Deepens As Both Loyalists Declare War - TRIBUNE / PDP Exonerates APC, Tinubu In Toyin Saraki’s EFCC Ordeal, Says PDP Behind Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by realtestament(m): 6:52am On Aug 27, 2015
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has distanced himself from the recent attacks against former Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State.
Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State, said in a statement issued by his media office on Wednesday, that the attacks were being sponsored by the Peoples Democratic Party.
Fashola, according to a report on the state government’s website, spent N78.3m on his personal website, www.tundefashola.com and N139m to construct two boreholes at the Lagos House, Ikeja, when he was governor.
There had been speculations that the reports were being sponsored by Tinubu as part of efforts to discredit him and deny him the opportunity of being appointed a minister by President Muhammadu Buhari.
However, Tinubu said the allegations against him (Tinubu), were the handiworks of mischief makers sponsored by the PDP.
“The PDP is just recently out of office at the federal level and it built a vast, unprecedented financial war chest to contest the elections. The residual of that war chest is still at work, buying media space to plant rumours in hopes of spreading discord through the APC.
“Thus, the enemy camp may be a minority but it is a large and well-funded one that knows it only chance lies in us attacking ourselves.”
The APC leader said he had nothing against his successor, Fashola, whom he said served the state meritoriously for eight years.
He, therefore, condemned those calling for Fashola’s probe and said any criticism of Fashola was an indictment on him because he was instrumental to making Fashola governor.
“Our political opponents now try to steal victory when their only entitlement is resounding defeat. Having fared woefully with the electorate, their game plan is to sow discord within the ranks of the party the people had chosen to lead them. The PDP hopes to strike a division in the APC, in that way weakening us and our ability to govern.
“This brings me to recent developments in the Lagos political scene. Born of this motley stew is the recent gossip mongering that I have wilfully instigated false and negative reports against former Governor Fashola to thwart him from being appointed to a major post in the Buhari administration.
“I want to declare clearly and categorically that these rancid attacks do not come from me nor do I endorse them. Neither my hand nor my heart is in these mean submissions. I deplore them.
“An attack against the performance of Governor Fashola is indirectly an attack against me and the edifice of achievements we have constructed in leading Lagos State out of a protracted time of stagnation and into an era of sustained progress and development.”
He said he and Fashola will forever remain close because they had struggled together.
He said having ensured that his party retained Lagos for over 16 years, it would be unwise of him to pull down what he helped build.
“I for one will not bend to the artificial provocation of those seeking to tear at what we have painstakingly built over the years. In my mind, Governor Fashola and I alliance is unshakeable and our journey must not be interrupted. I would no more attack his character or his administration than I would attack myself.”

http://www.today.ng/politics/082710288-pdp-behind-campaign-against-fashola-tinubu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by nusta(m): 6:54am On Aug 27, 2015
Who is guilty here...PDP or Tinubu. Anyway, are the accusations true? Time will tell.
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by madridguy(m): 6:56am On Aug 27, 2015
Comedian everywhere, let me add my own version of comedy.

Prevent urself & ur spouse from diabetes. A couple that have married for 20yrs were recently diagnosed with diabetes. Findings showed they both contacted d disease as a result of d names they called each other such as honey, sweety, sugar, sweetheart and chocolate. Start calling ur spouse names like yoyobitter, bitterkola,dogoyaro, bitterleaf, bitterlemon, alabukun, oroki, epa ijebu, pakurumo e.t.c. Don't laugh alone share with friends. Good morning friends....... Hw was your night?
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by SeverusSnape(m): 6:56am On Aug 27, 2015
Tinubu is a fool.

Tinubu is a kleptomaniac.

Tinubu should go and cure his acute halitosis before opening that stinking mouth to speak.

1 Like

Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by sunnywhyt(m): 6:58am On Aug 27, 2015
Dat old ma sef,na wa for him
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 27, 2015
I guess as much! But make una straighten una path also Jagaban.... If hole no dey for wall, lizard no fit enter!

1 Like

Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by patrick89(m): 6:58am On Aug 27, 2015
This is diversion of attention!! if you do not look deeply you won't see any!!!
this bat frog eye is a crook!
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by madridguy(m): 7:04am On Aug 27, 2015
I hope you're checking your BP regularly ?

SeverusSnape:
Tinubu is a fool.

Tinubu is a kleptomaniac.

Tinubu should go and cure his acute halitosis before opening that stinking mouth to speak.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by SeverusSnape(m): 7:06am On Aug 27, 2015
madridguy:
I hope you're checking your BP regularly ?

Yes. I did just last month. And it's normal.

Tinubu remains a thieving Lord and a drug lord.

Now what?...
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by DaGC(m): 7:12am On Aug 27, 2015
I thought we were pass the era of blaming the opposition. undecided cry
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by madridguy(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2015
Case closed.

SeverusSnape:

Yes. I did just last month. And it's normal.

Tinubu remains a thieving Lord and a drug lord.

Now what?...
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by SeverusSnape(m): 7:21am On Aug 27, 2015
madridguy:
Case closed.
Good. Have a nice day ahead.
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by KINGSNEEZE(m): 7:21am On Aug 27, 2015
When will this people grow up, learn how to tackle their problems without blaming pdp, I guess the last state website where they uploaded the 2 borehole contract was also perpetrated by pdp....Ndi Ara na achi anyi

1 Like

Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by sammyj: 7:32am On Aug 27, 2015
Tinubu we all know where this is coming from! !!
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by hinwazaka: 8:04am On Aug 27, 2015
It doesn't matter what Tinubu puts out to the public on this issue. What is salient is Fasholas understanding of the issue. Only he knows who is actually behind the media attacks. Fashola knows Tinubu and Tinubu knows Fashola
Re: PDP Behind Campaign Against Fashola – Tinubu by stinggy(m): 8:14am On Aug 27, 2015
How did Tinubu sink this low?
Blaming PDP for things blatantly orchestrated by himself

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

On D-tigger Victory: Kudos To Buhari / Zakari Biu: Ohanaeze Fumes, Says PSC Promoting Terrorism / America, Mecca And The Conspiracy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.