Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. (22507 Views)

Looters Trial Begins Soon, Buhari Says / Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki / CCT Trial: FG Lines Up Eight Witnesses Against Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by Joe1516(m): 8:52am On Aug 27, 2015
Nice one FG.
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by Princejboy(m): 8:53am On Aug 27, 2015
GREAT move
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by seangy4konji: 8:53am On Aug 27, 2015
Do you have to announce what you are going to do

You dont tell the enemy you are going to attack them...

Dont be stupid and foolish...Its all this announcements that keeps giving even boko haram the idea of next move...
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by Firefire(m): 9:01am On Aug 27, 2015
Media noise...
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by amusadele: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2015
omenka:
All well meaning Nigerians, for the love of their children and the sake of their future, need to throw their weight behind this admin. Baba is indeed passionate about charting a new course for the collective emancipation of this country, salvaging it from those dark forces that have held it down for ages.

We had this consensus 90% of the problems we face in the country are symptomatic of the deep seated rot of corruption nurtured by successive administrations. These forces are trying hard, using all means legal and otherwise, to thwart the government's effort at cleansing the system of the rot which only benefits the elites. It pains me no end to see the youths who've no doubt borne the brunt of this incessant pillaging of our common patrimony defend these men so viciously- men whose abode as we speak should be nowhere but some dingy cell in a maximum security prison.

May God guide and protect Buhari as he carries on with this arduous task of rewriting the future path of this nation.
dust
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by Decibel: 9:04am On Aug 27, 2015
APC is not prepared for governance-Metuh
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by canalily(m): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2015
angry political animalsembarassed
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 27, 2015
ok FG is making sure these agencies dont become corrupt.
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by donodion(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2015
omenka:
All well meaning Nigerians, for the love of their children and the sake of their future, need to throw their weight behind this admin. Baba is indeed passionate about charting a new course for the collective emancipation of this country, salvaging it from those dark forces that have held it down for ages.

We had this consensus 90% of the problems we face in the country are symptomatic of the deep seated rot of corruption nurtured by successive administrations. These forces are trying hard, using all means legal and otherwise, to thwart the government's effort at cleansing the system of the rot which only benefits the elites. It pains me no end to see the youths who've no doubt borne the brunt of this incessant pillaging of our common patrimony defend these men so viciously- men whose abode as we speak should be nowhere but some dingy cell in a maximum security prison.

May God guide and protect Buhari as he carries on with this arduous task of rewriting the future path of this nation.
CHANGE is here bro!!!! PMB carry go thumbs up for you.

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by pauloookay(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2015
Hmmm nawao by the way date the handsome and prettiest here www.oyiom.com
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by ruffDiamond: 9:14am On Aug 27, 2015
embarassed how I wish Gani Fawehimi is alive today shocked he would not hesitate sending babangida,obj, absalam and other looters to many years in the gulag but alas..

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by anwo247: 9:16am On Aug 27, 2015
grin grin grin

Nigeria is a funny country
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by tete7000(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2015
Now to my comment. If I can see Prof Sagay, my question to him will be : 'As an advisory body, what is the limit of their constitutional role?'. Planting moles, monitoring anti corruption bodies established by law, are they legally empowered to do these tasks? As a Presidential advisory body, can they play the role of the security personnels? Finally who monitors and ensures the body itself is not compromised? Afterall they are humans and Nigerians with blood flowing through their veins and can also be tempted in the course of doing their assigned jobs. They can be enticed with good money.

He claimed getting cooperation within anti-corruption agencies was proving difficult, that was to be expected. He shouldnt expect people within a constitutionally recognised and legitimate body to just fling their doors open and welcome outsiders who seem to have come in to usurp them and take over what is suppose to be legitimately their own duties. Resistance will always be encountered in such situations.

Some years ago, a govt set up Oputa panel to address human right abuses of the past. President Buhari was one of the invitees who refused to appear before the panel because he claimed such a body is not constitutionally empowered to carry the task it was inviting him for. He set that bad precedence and in this his govt fight against corruption, people will use the same method he used then if the legitimate and constitutionally recognised agents of government are not allowed to do their jobs.

Fighting corruption within a legal framework will be very difficult and people will explore any loophole to ensure they frustrate justice. It will even be worse because our current President at some point in the past has arrogantly refused to honour invitation forwarded to him to appear before a panel set up by a previous administration.
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by hmuhammad(m): 9:22am On Aug 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Story for the gods.Baba is passionate yet Fashola is yet to be invited by the EFCC despite clear evidence of embezzlement of over N100million. He dosent also want to prosecute IBB,and OBJ despite $12.5billion and $16 billion fraud indictment respectively not to talk of his own $2.8 billion in the 70s nor the forgery of WAEC certificate

Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by drberry(m): 9:35am On Aug 27, 2015
I like the way Buhari is trying to kill corruption from all angles. But what I love the most from this news is that Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has not been linked to any fraudulent act. God bless you GEJ.
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by 48noble(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2015
You will go through the petitions first before sending them to EFCC or ICPC..Sagey? Why do you want to lay siege to the rule of law,transparency and equality of justice.. do you have to intimidate the judges by saying you couldn't find an upright judge to head the special court? Are your pay masters afraid their own vudu may come against them too?
I put it to you, not all judges are corrupt! Check again!
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by brownsugarxxx: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2015
We need men like Justice G.N Nabaruwa
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by HzRF(m): 9:49am On Aug 27, 2015
omenka:

Good one
But plug ursef out the youths defending the corrupt ones
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by LastProphet: 9:53am On Aug 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Story for the gods.Baba is passionate yet Fashola is yet to be invited by the EFCC despite clear evidence of embezzlement of over N100million. He dosent also want to prosecute IBB,and OBJ despite $12.5billion and $16 billion fraud indictment respectively not to talk of his own $2.8 billion in the 70s nor the forgery of WAEC certificate

you are the most foolish person i have observed on nairaland since 2013, you definitely a failure in real life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by MyMouth(m): 10:20am On Aug 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

This very old man! When u go get sense? To some people old age comes wit wisdom, while to some like you, it come wit foolishness!

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by KruggerINC(m): 10:23am On Aug 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

chukwudi people like you are part of the reason this country is where it is....behind.
You see positive change and you still try to call it negative?what is wrong with you man?what kind of human being are you?Do u have a family?parents?siblings? kids?
pleas discard your negativity and throw your support behind Buhari because he clearly has good intentions for this country.If u don't wnat to support then park one side and don't constitute a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by front247: 10:36am On Aug 27, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Some judges are just disgracing the practice of law in Nigeria. Change is here.
they need to send them packing very fast
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by chedet: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2015
Sagay's committee may also become the warehouse for petitions for the public before they are sent to the appropriate anti-corruption bodies, after being sieved by the presidential team

In other words, this committee will determine which case get investigated?? I would like to know which law that sets up this committee that they will be one recommending to EFCC and ICPC which case to after... So a presidential committee can determine cases that should be investigated? All I'm saying is for the future, you may trust Buhari now, but he won't be the last president of Nigeria. We mustn't start something that is illegal and open to abuse all because of "integrity and body language" of one man.
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2015
JUDGES handling cases of corruption against public officers are under surveillance, Nigerian Tribune learnt on Wednesday.
The monitoring was said to be civil and security in nature.
Chairman, presidential advisory committee on anti-corruption, Professor Itse Sagay, made this known during an exclusive chat.
The surveillance is meant to [s] monitor their performances, professionally, ethically and morally [/s].

If our judges are supposed to be independent and a separate arm of the government, I don't see why they need to monitor their performances. That's like saying one should monitor senators (another independent arm of the government) when they give out laws. This would amount to intimidation and control of the proceedings.

By so doing, they have already declared those ALLEGEDLY corrupt individuals guilty. Whereas one of the fundamentaals of a Democratic civil society is that no one is guilty until the law courts say so.

This reminds me of the Saddam Hussein saga when George Washington Bush kept changing judges until he found one that was willing to give his desired ruling.

This anti corruption judges will eventually be biased and the cases are already fundamentaally flawed. I just hope the senate will call out this irregularites and prevent them from happening

I don't even know when the president started having the power to choose judges for cases
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by goldenceo1: 11:48am On Aug 27, 2015
Politicians can talk. Even pastors that's starts associating with a politician can miss heaven. still praying for God to take away politheifcian frm my path wen I become a pastor. Heaven 9 sure pass oh!
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by dcmconny: 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
we need real change n not kobo kobo change
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

$2.8 billion dollars in the 70s? i don't think u know what u r saying or have education if any. Nigeria's assets and liabilities front and back, left and right was not up to a billion naira then, I wonder how one mab would singlehandedly embezzle $2.8 billion dollars. the said amount was worth more than the whole Nigeria itself. shagari set up enquiry commission based on the allegation leveled against buhari and he came out clean. pls use the thing between ur two ears to think and if u cannot use that, use Google.
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

$2.8 billion dollars in the 70s? i don't think u know what u r saying or have education if any. Nigeria's assets and liabilities front and back, left and right was not up to a billion naira then, I wonder how one man would singlehandedly embezzle $2.8 billion dollars. the said amount was worth more than the whole Nigeria itself. shagari set up enquiry commission based on the allegation leveled against buhari and he came out clean. pls use the thing between ur two ears to think and if u cannot use that, use Google.
Re: Looters’ Trial: FG To Put EFCC, ICPC, Others Under Surveillance —sagay. by precious1967(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
judges are nigerians. they want to ride good cars and leave in a comfortable house. yes, they ve to corrupt. they can save their names if it is there wish. na naija we dey.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Senate And House Of Reps. Nigerians Answer (video) / Breaking News: Former PDP Spokesperson, Dayo Adeyeye Decamps To APC / Food Prices Dropping Fast As Buhari's Agric Efforts Yield Fruit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.