Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82548 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 4:56am On Nov 19, 2015
Mofetemi:

KULIMART! My pre-order for Redmi Note 2 Prime has been confirmed today at last . But like how many days/weeks will it take for its availability? However, upon the phone's shipment after payment, is at pick-up station that one gets the phone/it would be brought to ones address?

Nonetheless, you are always saying flashing of xiaomi phone is very easy ........ But how? it's not everybody that can stand risk/is ready to do things without well explained details. Captions explanation(s) will do alot of good for Kulimart (being a new mall) in terms of market spread, customers gain & sustenance based on my experience. I shop with Jumia always and it was because this mall never had this phone that made me further surfed & came across Kulimart. Please, put my opinion into consideration

It will take within 4 - 10 days. All depending on some factors.

The last batch of our Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is been dispatched with miui 7. So don't worry, yours will be miui 7.

As for flashing ROM, I have provided a solution to it in my previous post. I provided a link which teach various methods of flashing the ROM.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by lorkiy: 11:55am On Nov 19, 2015
hello all, which would u suggest is better btwn d developer and stable rom....thnks
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
lorkiy:
hello all, which would u suggest is better btwn d developer and stable rom....thnks

Stable.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by lorkiy: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
KuliMart:

Stable.

Alright.Thanks.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
KuliMart:

Stable.

i prefer stable rom to developers rom too because i can't stand weekly updates. Moreso, when should checking for updates (stable rom) via OTA be done on the phone; monthly/daily/weekly/anytime? i'm asking because someone like may not have that time to visit Xiaomi forum frequently. I like to know before i act.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mofetemi:

i prefer stable rom to developers rom too because i can't stand weekly updates. Moreso, when should checking for updates (stable rom) via OTA be done on the phone; monthly/daily/weekly/anytime? i'm asking because someone like may not have that time to visit Xiaomi forum frequently. I like to know before i act.

Via OTA
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 6:42am On Nov 20, 2015
Has anyone use external drive through the OTG on this phone?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 6:56am On Nov 20, 2015
Stakekay1:
Has anyone use external drive through the OTG on this phone?
It will work. Support OTG.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 6:57am On Nov 20, 2015
Free delivery nationwide.

Order today and get free nationwide shipping.

Offer ends today.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Stakekay1(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2015
KuliMart:

It will work. Support OTG.
I know it will work because it's stated in the reviews but what I ask is that, has anyone use external drive on it? Because what I read is that the external drive has to be configured.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 11:14pm On Nov 20, 2015
lorkiy:

Developer!

If u want to have all the latest features of the rom

All you need do is to read the changeloh whenever a new weekly rom is out, wait for one or two days to see if there's any hug reported, if there's no major bug, go ahead and download

Eg. Only dev roms have private folders now as its now been introduced on stable

Anyway it's your choice though. Dev roms allows u tinker and play with your phone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Rexzor(m): 11:44pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hi gurus in the house, pls help me out. I recently upgraded my redmi note 2 to miui 7 . I need the simplest way to root this device. is there any app anyone can use to quickly root it? All I keep seeing online are a complex web of intricate steps to root it. I will appreciate sincere help. thanks
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Hormor14(m): 11:53am On Nov 21, 2015
Rexzor:
Hi gurus in the house, pls help me out. I recently upgraded my redmi note 2 to miui 7 . I need the simplest way to root this device. is there any app anyone can use to quickly root it? All I keep seeing online are a complex web of intricate steps to root it. I will appreciate sincere help. thanks
ho much did you get your phone pls
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
Hormor14:
ho much did you get your phone pls

You can get it from our store.

With tempered glass and 3D case plus free shipping.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Loneley: 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
Kulimart could you shed light on the overheating issue mentioned in review sites and the battery's performance?
KuliMart:

You can get it from our store.

With tempered glass and 3D case plus free shipping.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
debeo:

Developer!

If u want to have all the latest features of the rom

All you need do is to read the changeloh whenever a new weekly rom is out, wait for one or two days to see if there's any hug reported, if there's no major bug, go ahead and download

Eg. Only dev roms have private folders now as its now been introduced on stable

Anyway it's your choice though. Dev roms allows u tinker and play with your phone

pls, are you on whatsapp? Seems i need someone like you
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
Loneley:
Kulimart could you shed light on the overheating issue mentioned in review sites and the battery's performance?

Read the reviews on this thread. It's enough.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 5:20am On Nov 22, 2015
Mofetemi:

pls, are you on whatsapp? Seems i need someone like you

I just sent you a mail
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2015
debeo:

I just sent you a mail

sori for late response. v replied d mail
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Goahead(m): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2015
Xiaomi is unveiling redmi note 3 tomorrow!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 9:50am On Nov 23, 2015
Goahead:
Xiaomi is unveiling redmi note 3 tomorrow!

No ones knows what they're up to.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 12:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
hope it's coming with marshmallow?.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
funkdr:
hope it's coming with marshmallow?.

That maybe 5.0.2

Android M for MIUI won't be this year.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
KuliMart:

That maybe 5.0.2

Android M for MIUI won't be this year.
good for me though, need to rock my RN2 still next year.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
KuliMart:

It will take within 4 - 10 days. All depending on some factors.

The last batch of our Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is been dispatched with miui 7. So don't worry, yours will be miui 7.

As for flashing ROM, I have provided a solution to it in my previous post. I provided a link which teach various methods of flashing the ROM.

Kulimart, please answer these questions for me as they are setting confusions:

Is the MIUI 7 going to be a stable rom or developer rom from factory?

Lest i forget, must someone flash a stable rom manually before he can start getting updates (via OTA updates) on the stable rom (from factory) when clicked on the updater?
.... OR no flashing is done and one's only business is just to be clicking on updater to check for any available stable rom?

Now, is it only monthly (or it is any day/time) one can click on updater to check for stable rom OTA updates availability?

What is meant by Incremental roms for stable rom?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Rexzor(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
Hi guys! Pls can I use kingroot to root this phone? Can anyone who has successfully rooted this phone help me out.? Thanks .
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 7:05am On Nov 24, 2015
Mofetemi:

Kulimart, please answer these questions for me as they are setting confusions:

Is the MIUI 7 going to be a stable rom or developer rom from factory?

Lest i forget, must someone flash a stable rom manually before he can start getting updates (via OTA updates) on the stable rom (from factory) when clicked on the updater?
.... OR no flashing is done and one's only business is just to be clicking on updater to check for any available stable rom?

Now, is it only monthly (or it is any day/time) one can click on updater to check for stable rom OTA updates availability?

What is meant by Incremental roms for stable rom?

Miui 7 is always stable from factory.

You don't need to flash anything before you can get update.

Miui 7 is new rom ,so almost all phones have to flash or update via OTA to get it because none comes with it by default.

Xiaomi release update on stable rom monthly.

Incremental ROM is developers ROM.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 9:29am On Nov 24, 2015
KuliMart:

Miui 7 is always stable from factory.

You don't need to flash anything before you can get update.

Miui 7 is new rom ,so almost all phones have to flash or update via OTA to get it because none comes with it by default.

Xiaomi release update on stable rom monthly.

Incremental ROM is developers ROM.

Oh! Thanks a bunch Kulimart for the quick response! Seems the picture is getting clearer. So you meant flashing was just a manual way of updating, while OTA is the contrary?

So far so good, when is our Xiaomi-Redmi-Note -2-Prime arriving for shipping? (as redmi note 3 is coming out from shell today)? Can't wait to have it's feel.....lol

However, is your mall not doing something like BLACK FRIDAY DEALS! It's one of the Market Spread Tactics!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 9:59am On Nov 24, 2015
Mofetemi:

Oh! Thanks a bunch Kulimart for the quick response! Seems the picture is getting clearer. So you meant flashing was just a manual way of updating, while OTA is the contrary?

So far so good, when is our Xiaomi-Redmi-Note -2-Prime arriving for shipping? (as redmi note 3 is coming out from shell today)? Can't wait to have it's feel.....lol

However, is your mall not doing something like BLACK FRIDAY DEALS! It's one of the Market Spread Tactics!

People who flashed Redmi Note 2 are those who already flash third party ROM on their device. This is because RN2 came with Chinese ROM from factory and people were flashing multi language ROM to get rid of the Chinese apps and others. After MIUI 7 was released they have to flash it manually instead of OTA.

Did you order for Redmi Note 2 prime?

Definately we will do black Friday, at all , at all na winch grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 11:48am On Nov 24, 2015
KuliMart:

People who flashed Redmi Note 2 are those who already flash third party ROM on their device. This is because RN2 came with Chinese ROM from factory and people were flashing multi language ROM to get rid of the Chinese apps and others. After MIUI 7 was released they have to flash it manually instead of OTA.

Did you order for Redmi Note 2 prime?

Definately we will do black Friday, at all , at all na winch grin

HMMM! Good to hear this. Glad MIUI 7 has fixed all these Chinese apps & Co bugs for users outside China.

YES! That was what I ordered for. Has the exact day of arrival been confirmed?

Lol.....lol.....lol..... Na winch (black friday). Anyway, have not seen/heard anything of such (black friday) on your mall/customers lips. Just trying to play my part as a customer that wants the best everybody.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by lorkiy: 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
KuliMart:

Stable.
can i get flip case for xiaomi redmi note 2 from you.....& if i can how much?...Thanks
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
lorkiy:

can i get flip case for xiaomi redmi note 2 from you.....& if i can how much?...Thanks

Possible, contact us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (36) (Reply)

List Of Phones That Will Not Support Whatsapp Anymore From 31st Dec 2016 / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls. / If You Have Used These Set Of Phones,please Go And Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.