Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82342 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2015
guys good day. please I noticed my browser pops out adverts from time to time. what do I do to stop that?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by dasanchez1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
iheanyi4u:
guys good day. please I noticed my browser pops out adverts from time to time. what do I do to stop that?

check page 19 for solution ....
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 7:26am On Nov 14, 2015
Buy this phone from us and get free nationwide shipping.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2015
KuliMart:
Buy this phone from us and get free nationwide shipping.

how much is xiaomi redmi note 2 32gig version
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 8:52am On Nov 14, 2015
aieromon:

I hope you know the Developer Rom is updated every Friday. Your downloaded ROM might be outdated by the time you receive your device.

Just intending buying this Xiaomi Note 2 Prime but i have questions to ask its users who do weekly updates (developer rom). As a new phone, is it immediately someone set-ups the phone that he sees update(s)? Moreover, I think i will stick to stable rom updates only. Lest i forget, if someone wants to do a stable rom update via OTA, is it a must to do factory reset first or one can just update straight and i hope self installed apps won't pose problems in the course? From the look of things, it seems it is not advisable to delete anything on this phone when someone owns it?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 10:07am On Nov 14, 2015
no update yet, just curious.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 10:18am On Nov 14, 2015
Mofetemi:

how much is xiaomi redmi note 2 32gig version

50k plus free shipping.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 10:19am On Nov 14, 2015
funkdr:
no update yet, just curious.

Do it manually.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 10:54am On Nov 14, 2015
KuliMart:

Do it manually.
please any step by step procedure will be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
Please is this the corrent ink for the miui 7 rom. Dont want to brick my phone

http://en.miui.com/download-274.html
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Raphoeworld: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 COULD BE LAUNCHED OFFICIALLY ON FEBRUARY 21st 2016 IN BARCELONA
http://www.panstech.com/2015/11/samsung-galaxy-s7-could-be-launched-on-feb-2016.html
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
KuliMart:

50k plus free shipping.

tnx kulimart. That is fair. Equally, some users of this phone are complaining of not getting ota updates. What could be the cause? Are manual updates safe at all for a new user? Explanation on a step-by-step manual updates processes from you will be appreciated by disturbed new owners
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
iheanyi4u:
Please is this the corrent ink for the miui 7 rom. Dont want to brick my phone

http://en.miui.com/download-274.html

It's simple. The download link and flashing guide is on the same page.

You don't need a PC to do this. Just download the rom to your phone internal memory.

That's Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 rom download page.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mofetemi:

tnx kulimart. That is fair. Equally, some users of this phone are complaining of not getting ota updates. What could be the cause? Are manual updates safe at all for a new user? Explanation on a step-by-step manual updates processes from you will be appreciated by disturbed new owners

It's because they are using third party rom.

Unmodified Xiaomi RedMi Note 2 rom have received update. They use multi language rom which is not directly from Xiaomi.

Flash miui rom is very simple. Download the rom, open the updater, choose the rom and release.
Within 15 minutes everything will be done.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 3:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
Youngzedd:

It's simple. The download link and flashing guide is on the same page.

You don't need a PC to do this. Just download the rom to your phone internal memory.

That's Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 rom download page.

Tnx. Trying to figure it out now. Are you on whatsapp? If yes, may I have your number incase.......
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
KuliMart:

It's because they are using third party rom.

Unmodified Xiaomi RedMi Note 2 rom have received update. They use multi language rom which is not directly from Xiaomi.

Flash miui rom is very simple. Download the rom, open the updater, choose the rom and release.
Within 15 minutes everything will be done.

waoh! spectacular response. But what if someone uninstalled some preinstalled apps (e.g facebook app) from factory before update, can this act pose a problem during updates?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 8:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
Finally installed the update and now rocking miui 7. Thanks guys cc kulimart youngzedd

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
Mofetemi:

waoh! spectacular response. But what if someone uninstalled some preinstalled apps (e.g facebook app) from factory before update, can this act pose a problem during updates?

No but don't uninstall system app.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 7:29am On Nov 15, 2015
tech4tall:
This xiaomi is really complicating the whole matter, flash this flash that on a new phone, I think Meizu m2 note is a better deal, with long lasting battery compared to this dummy looking phone with no attention to designs.

You have the choice to buy any phone. Didn't you read where it was explained by Kulimart?

That it's because of modified third party rom installed on the device which doesn't receive update.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2015
I'm sticking to xiaomi any day, love their concept and already waiting for mi5, just hope is coming with android 6.0.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 9:52am On Nov 15, 2015
Guys I noticed that when I connect my note 2 to a laptop it disconnects once the screen goes off. What could be wrong

Also my playstore doesn't connect. It worked before on the previous Rom.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by cellphonerepair(m): 11:23am On Nov 15, 2015
Xiaomi has brought about a revolution in the smartphone market and the rates of phones have come down considerably due to Xiaomi.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 11:46am On Nov 15, 2015
funkdr:
please any step by step procedure will be appreciated, thanks.

fella, do you now receive ota updates or u did it manually? Are you on whatsapp? may i have your number
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2015
iheanyi4u:
Guys I noticed that when I connect my note 2 to a laptop it disconnects once the screen goes off. What could be wrong

Also my playstore doesn't connect. It worked before on the previous Rom.

UPDATE: The usb thingy only happens when I use the bundled usb cable, just tried it with another one and it worked fine
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mofetemi:

fella, do you now receive ota updates or u did it manually? Are you on whatsapp? may i have your number
no o, not yet... wanna help?.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by niqqurtine(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
Please I tried flashing my phone with the latest miui7 ROM but it keeps on telling me authentication failed and then the ROM file is corrupt just after updating.. How am I to go about it please?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
funkdr:
no o, not yet... wanna help?.

No oo. Am just trying to gather facts in-hand as am planning buyin the Redmi Note 2 Prime dis wik from Jef/kulimart. Nevertheless, from who/where did u buy yours and what are the items that came with yours?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 5:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mofetemi:

No oo. Am just trying to gather facts in-hand as am planning buyin the Redmi Note 2 Prime dis wik from Jef/kulimart. Nevertheless, from who/where did u buy yours and what are the items that came with yours?

Kulimart sell with tempered glass and 3D fashion case.

Currently on promo, free nationwide shipping.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by niqqurtine(m): 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
Youngzedd:

Kulimart sell with tempered glass and 3D fashion case.
Currently on promo, free nationwide shipping.
Bro can u please guide me on how to flash the miui7 on ma note 2??m really having headache doing it
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
niqqurtine:

Bro can u please guide me on how to flash the miui7 on ma note 2??m really having headache doing it

Try one if these > http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/features/how-to-download-and-install-miui-7-on-your-xiaomi-smartphone-731970
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by ESHOIZA: 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Pls does this phone have a TAB, if so how much?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (36) (Reply)

Gta San Andreas finally released on android / 2go Launches Version 3.6.0 / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.