Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82180 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rexzor:
Hi guys! Pls can I use kingroot to root this phone? Can anyone who has successfully rooted this phone help me out.? Thanks .

You don't need to root the phone, just go to security , then permission, then choose the apps you want to give root access

It's that simple but you need to be on the multi language room, as the stable and dev roms don't ve it
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:42am On Nov 26, 2015
Mofetemi:

HMMM! Good to hear this. Glad MIUI 7 has fixed all these Chinese apps & Co bugs for users outside China.

YES! That was what I ordered for. Has the exact day of arrival been confirmed?

Lol.....lol.....lol..... Na winch (black friday). Anyway, have not seen/heard anything of such (black friday) on your mall/customers lips. Just trying to play my part as a customer that wants the best everybody.

We just tested your phone this morning in China, to ensure its in good working condition.

Arriving soon.

Info: No Redmi Note 2 global ROM for now unless third party ROM. It will be released soon, Xiaomi is working on it accordingly to the information available to me. Apology for the misinformation.

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 2:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
KuliMart:

We just tested your phone this morning in China, to ensure its in good working condition.

Arriving soon.

Info: No Redmi Note 2 global ROM for now unless third party ROM. It will be released soon, Xiaomi is working on it accordingly to the information available to me. Apology for the misinformation.

That iis satisafactory.

I am pleased with the words ARRIVING SOON!

Which misinformation are you trying to correct? Are you insinuating that this my xiaomi redmi note 2 prime is not coming with miui 7 or what?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
Mofetemi:

That iis satisafactory.

I am pleased with the words ARRIVING SOON!

Which misinformation are you trying to correct? Are you insinuating that this my xiaomi redmi note 2 prime is not coming with miui 7 or what?

If you check the image, it's running on MIUI 7 stable ROM.

MIUI 7 global is not yet out for Xiaomi RedMi Note 2, so therefore, it will have some Chinese apps which you can uninstall and also install Google play.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by sidnazious(m): 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
My redmi note 2 started misbehaving 2 days ago. The phone keys operate themselves, opening menus, typing randomly, making calls etc.....

I have gone ahead to perform full wipe, but it is still the same.

Don't know where they repair Xiaomi phones in Nigeria (drawback on these chinese makers).

Any assistance will be appreciated.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
sidnazious:
My redmi note 2 started misbehaving 2 days ago. The phone keys operate themselves, opening menus, typing randomly, making calls etc.....

I have gone ahead to perform full wipe, but it is still the same.

Don't know where they repair Xiaomi phones in Nigeria (drawback on these chinese makers).

Any assistance will be appreciated.

This have to do with your screen sensor, did you fall on the ground?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by sidnazious(m): 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2015
Thanks for your response....

The phone has not fallen from my hand at any time. In fact I was using it to browse nairaland site when the erratic behaviour started.

Any solution.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
KuliMart:

Arriving soon.

There's a Global dev rom released by en.MIUI.com, official MIUI website for English.

That's actually what am using and its v okay, with little or no bugs
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
sidnazious:
Thanks for your response....

The phone has not fallen from my hand at any time. In fact I was using it to browse nairaland site when the erratic behaviour started.

Any solution.

There are 3 things that can do that

1. Screen sensor
2. Theme
3. Bug

Which theme are you using?
Which rom version are you using

I had a similar experience whenever I try to use IOS9 or fast and furious theme

I had to use a mixed theme, and it stopped
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by iheanyi4u(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2015
debeo:

There's a Global dev rom released by en.MIUI.com, official MIUI website for English.

That's actually what am using and its v okay, with little or no bugs

does it have playstore?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
debeo:

There are 3 things that can do that

1. Screen sensor
2. Theme
3. Bug

Which theme are you using?
Which rom version are you using

I had a similar experience whenever I try to use IOS9 or fast and furious theme

I had to use a mixed theme, and it stopped
a Friend of mine using stable ROM & Miui 7version 7.0.8.0 and the 3 touch keys have stop working.... Must it be a bug though I already ordered another screen for him... Any solution dey?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 11:53pm On Nov 27, 2015
iheanyi4u:

does it have playstore?

Yes! It has GAAPS!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
Lstar4real:
a Friend of mine using stable ROM & Miui 7version 7.0.8.0 and the 3 touch keys have stop working.... Must it be a bug though I already ordered another screen for him... Any solution dey?

3 touch keys?

This one hard

Let him try down grading or installing any latest dev version

If it continues, then its the screen!
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 4:55am On Nov 28, 2015
KuliMart:

If you check the image, it's running on MIUI 7 stable ROM.

MIUI 7 global is not yet out for Xiaomi RedMi Note 2, so therefore, it will have some Chinese apps which you can uninstall and also install Google play.

The images were blur as at the day you sent them but i could view them clearly now anyway. Does it mean that the MIUI 7 Stable rom (China) possesses Chinese language and not English?

Obviously, the MIUI 7 stable China has no Google play pre-installed. But default app store and other stores like: Mobogene can do the job now (apps download) isn't it?

However, since one could uninstall the so called Chinese apps, thus, when i have the possession of the phone, i shall still be using the factory-set MIUI 7 till i could have MIUI 7 global update alert via OTA. On no account shall i entertain any third party rom(s) on it just to avoid boomerangs
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2015
Redmi note 2 for sale, still very neat...reason want to upgrade.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 8:49am On Nov 28, 2015
funkdr:

upgrade to which phone now?

This one that i have not laid my hands on the redmi note/prime i ordered for and you are disposing yours already. hhhmmmnn! i hope it is not what am thinking o?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by mathefaro(m): 9:45am On Nov 28, 2015
Mofetemi:

This one that i have not laid my hands on the redmi note/prime i ordered for and you are disposing yours already. hhhmmmnn! i hope it is not what am thinking o?
Exactly my thoughts, beginning to get scared
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 10:03am On Nov 28, 2015
Mofetemi:

have no fear bro, it's a great device trust me... these people have a way of getting me with their innovations.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2015
funkdr:
have no fear bro, it's a great device trust me... these people have a way of getting me with their innovations.

okay! Nerves are calmed now!

Sometimes i may be inquisitive. Thus, which brand and model have caught you with their innovations? Your response may solve a member/guest in dilemma of choice.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Hormor14(m): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2015
funkdr:
I know you want to sell to get redmi note 3...I was also planning on getting it b it doesn't support memory card.
So how much for your phone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2015
Hormor14:
I know you want to sell to get redmi note 3...I was also planning on getting it b it doesn't support memory card.
So how much for your phone
depends on your location, I'm presently in the east,(owerri).
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2015
Mofetemi:

okay! Nerves are calmed now!

Sometimes i may be inquisitive. Thus, which brand and model have caught you with their innovations? Your response may solve a member/guest in dilemma of choice.
I love xiaomi phones, note 3 or mi5 or maybe mate 8.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
funkdr:
I love xiaomi phones, note 3 or mi5 or maybe mate 8.

interesting! Lack of SDcard made me overlooked the note 3 but it is a good phone with finger-print sensor.

Will try to see the specs of mi5 and mate 8. High processor speed is one of the factors i consider in phones.

Did you install any third party rom on your note 2?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mofetemi:

interesting! Lack of SDcard made me overlooked the note 3 but it is a good phone with finger-print sensor.

Will try to see the specs of mi5 and mate 8. High processor speed is one of the factors i consider in phones.

Did you install any third party rom on your note 2?
note 2 faced d same argument about SD card being present, lets wait and see, I believe note 3 will have SD card slot. meanwhile I'm still on the stable rom, no issues.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Mofetemi(m): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
funkdr:
note 2 faced d same argument about SD card being present, lets wait and see, I believe note 3 will have SD card slot. meanwhile I'm still on the stable rom, no issues.

okay. no problem.

i have equally checked the specs of mi5 and mate 8. Good phones in all.

Your note 2 has miui 6/7?

Nevertheless, have you received any OTA updates since you bought the phone?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mofetemi:

okay. no problem.

still on miui6, I've not received update yet, but I understand there's a way to go about it manually.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mofetemi:

okay. no problem.

Mi5 haven't been announced nor released all you see are rumors.

Mi5 maybe out by second quarter 2016 according to Xiaomi president.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Royruky(m): 11:49am On Nov 29, 2015
KuliMart:

Mi5 haven't been announced nor released all you see are rumors.

Mi5 maybe out by second quarter 2016 according to Xiaomi president.

Na the Mi5 I dey wait to replace this my Redmi note 2

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by jasp12(m): 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2015
Lstar4real:
Uncheck "buttons"
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
jasp12:

Uncheck "buttons"
where wil he find uncheck buttons?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Opistorincos(m): 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
KuliMart:
Free delivery nationwide.

Order today and get free nationwide shipping.

Offer ends today.

kulimart i got an oukitel k6000 for 29000 on gearbest... what do u have to say abt that
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by jasp12(m): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
Lstar4real:
where wil he find uncheck buttons?
Hold "home key" and "power key" to deactivate buttons....or just drop down your notification panel you should see buttons there

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (36) (Reply)

MTN Unveils New Call Tariff Plan: Xtrapro & Xtraspecial / Get 1gb For #100 On Mtn For Free / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.