Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (25647 Views)

What To Do With A Degree In English Language / How To Apply For Government Npower Program. / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Dygeasy(m): 9:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Pascal181: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2015
Don't bother ursef dey will not call you
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by belloabdulrazaq(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2015
What a cheat cool
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by eleko1: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2015
sad
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Pyroxene: 10:02am On Aug 28, 2015
Lying is not good and must not be encourage. BUT bro frankly the way things are u myt need to hide the truth and not lie @ d same time. If u r called just tell them that u see ur 2:2 as a 2:1 cos u have what it takes to succeed anywhere. Its their prerogative to take u or not! U r not a bad person. I knw a lot of people ll be chewing ur arse as if they don't lie . Ask God to forgive u and tell d people when dey invite u dat u have a 2:2 but can perform like a first class holder
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by spicycherry2(f): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2015
Life itself is a risk.take the risk and bear its consequences. U never can tell u might just be lucky.remember the race is nt to the swift but TIME and CHANCE happens to them all.it might just be ur time.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Ephemmm: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2015
Kacyrose:
I saw a job vacancy in a reputable company, which I think I am qualified apart from my degree. Only those with 1st class and 2.1 are qualified to apply for the job but I had to lie that I had 2.1 (but I truely had 2.2) in order to get access to continue with the application for the job.
I don't know what to do if I should get shortlisted for the job. Should I forget about it or go on with the interview even when I know that they will discover that I didn't meet up with one of their requirements. I am so confused

Go there and prove your worth: majority of job specification(grades) are used to prone down the number of candidates. I pray that the proficiency test favours you so that you will have avenue to prove yourself.

If it comes to worst, tell them it is a typographical error. Remember, the worst thing that can happen is not to give you the job, but you will have a lesion to learn.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by phyllosilicate(m): 10:05am On Aug 28, 2015
missKiffy:
Don't go ahead, the lie will be detected
My friend that had a 22 did same, he did well in the recruitment process and was employed. He told the CEO of the coy that he did it to get a chance to prove himself. The CEO found him more competent than the others and employed him.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by missKiffy(f): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2015
phyllosilicate:
My friend that had a 22 did same, he did well in the recruitment process and was employed. He told the CEO of the coy that he did it to get a chance to prove himself. The CEO found him more competent than the others and employed him.
Aiit, she can give it a try then
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 28, 2015
He who kills by the sword,should be ready to die by the sword. When you are shortlisted, just present your 2.2 result, and the rest is history.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by jamb20s: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2015
Download latest nollywood movies directly to your android phone at ease , visit www.videocrat.com to install the app
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Godsonkemz(m): 10:11am On Aug 28, 2015
Its of no use proceeding ahead to be disgraced because definitely ur credentials must be reviewed and when they discover ur not even qualified for the first stage, they will happily drive you out and replace you with another. Jus imagine the embarrassment being walked out of the room after spending all ur time and resources.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by propet(m): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2015
is it neccessary for one to enter his grade in his/her cv?
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Afam4eva(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2015
Kacyrose:
I saw a job vacancy in a reputable company, which I think I am qualified apart from my degree. Only those with 1st class and 2.1 are qualified to apply for the job but I had to lie that I had 2.1 (but I truely had 2.2) in order to get access to continue with the application for the job.
I don't know what to do if I should get shortlisted for the job. Should I forget about it or go on with the interview even when I know that they will discover that I didn't meet up with one of their requirements. I am so confused
A criminal, that's what you are.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by chi4ik4(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2015
just go for the interview, pray & your luck may shine. don't give up. u may get the job if u have the skills needed for the job.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Missmossy(f): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2015
Eeyah not too good though, its all up to you.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by yurmieP(m): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2015
Notin iz possible,if d job is urs u will surely b given an interview opportunity(u claim 2 b gud @ it apart 4rm ur degree) nd if nt,go bak 2 ur sleepin tinz
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by gbenga4my(m): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2015
Kacyrose:
Awon ti NBC , you are sighted. Like criously, I dnt have any word for you.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by simplynola(m): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2015
If you are called for interview, just impress them beyond doubt, but the issue is if the company has a rigid policy for class of degree otherwise your impression might give them a second thought you might be lucky. I know someone who has no experience but applied for the five year experience requirement and funny enough she beat others with experience hands down. she worked there for 4 years before leaving for another multinational company. So what you did was not a lie but an attitude of bravery. Goodluck
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by dwebdesign(m): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2015
You should not have done that. if they happen to control the next company you may probably will go and work with 2.2 as requirement.

what will be your fate having know that you have lied to them previously in one of their company?

know that if a lie could get you the job, lie will not sustain you in the job.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by seedorfg(m): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Lying is part of the protocol, but please dont loot or steal funds because
The government hate competittion grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by heskeyefe: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2015
are you sure you are a graduate? because I don't know Wat u were tot in school, I tot certificate should be in learning and in character. pls just forget about getting the job cos u r a bloody lier.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by sule5727: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2015
Kacyrose:
if dey discover u will be push out...
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by sheunsheun(m): 10:38am On Aug 28, 2015
The 1st exam u ve 2 pass is ingetrity nd u ve failed
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Dronedude(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2015
its a pity you had to do this, the fact that you graduated with a 2.2 doesn't mean bad for you but now it will definitely mean bad when you are caught and your reputation tarnished.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by montees(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2015
[i][/i]You are joking with fire
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by zheroes(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2015
babe you must be very funny, you didn't lie about age but the class of degree, you are supposed to be arrested. am wondering if you actually have a degree anyway. i guess you don't know the implication. truth is you will qualify for a job that you will get, so you are so desirous of a 2.1 and didn't see the need to study harder while in school. don't waste your time continuing with the interview process, it would have been better you spent the time sleeping at home. i will be so afraid to have someone like you as a girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2015
I have reprimanded you now let me advice you to go for the interview and wow them.... Now wen they ask you so is there any question you have for us.. Tell them you have something to say... Tell them it's about your certificate and you lied about your grade... Tell them you realised it was very wrong and incompetent of you and puts a questionable character on you which you are not and that you just wanted to clear that and that regardless of what they decide you will accept it but if they decide to pick you for this job they would never regret it because they would have someone with the heart to learn and someone who values integrity and discipline and character above the little things in life like a job..Say am sorry again and thank you for this interview... You will be surprised they would be wowed Infact I will take u in a heart beat than the ones that writes all sorts on their CV.... Dearie éven If at the end of the day u weren't picked dnt worry that's because God has just opened up a bigger and better place for you just because of your stand smiley
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by ojoadeola: 10:43am On Aug 28, 2015
OP it is not right to lie to get a job. It will come back to haunt you at the end and you may not like the outcome.
It is also sure that they will ask for your papers to confirm the authenticity of your claims. What would you do then? I will advise you jettison everything about this and look elsewhere or if you are shortlisted tell them the truth at the point of interview. Let them make their decision there and then.

Though it is painful to read about some of the requirements from would-be employers sometimes on a job you know you can do with ease. They do these sometimes to reduce the number of applicants. I hope one day comes when the issue of age barrier and grade will not be a major yardstick but competence and capability. I do not support mediocrity but appreciates competence and capability.

I wish you goodluck in your job search.
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by cabaliciouscabal: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2015
U av not been offered a job u ar lying, Wat will appen if u were eventually employed for d job without noticing dat u actually lied. It shows dat u ar a dishonest person, and as such cannot be trusted, and u should be ashamed with urself, Jst respect urself by not going back to ur eventual disgrace. Try and look for an oda employment and dis tym be truthful and prayerful, with God All things ar possible, if God says a particular job is urs, u need not stress to get it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others / Channels Television Massive Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.