Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (25646 Views)

What To Do With A Degree In English Language / How To Apply For Government Npower Program. / 180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
I saw a job vacancy in a reputable company, which I think I am qualified apart from my degree. Only those with 1st class and 2.1 are qualified to apply for the job but I had to lie that I had 2.1 (but I truely had 2.2) in order to get access to continue with the application for the job.
I don't know what to do if I should get shortlisted for the job. Should I forget about it or go on with the interview even when I know that they will discover that I didn't meet up with one of their requirements. I am so confused
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Frankaka8(m): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Chairman u just wasted ur time and efforts... There is somefin dey call documentation! #truth be revealed

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Visocrate(m): 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
hope say the job has nothing to do with the military if not so your life will never remain the same when you near the center

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by bonnyhope: 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
why must u tell lie to secure a job having known very well that you will go through a process of documentation and the company still have to investigate the authenticity of your result from your school. please in as much as you want to get a job, allow God to guide you in your your undertakings.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by MRBrownJ: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
@Kacyrose
shouldnt you have thought of this BEFORE lying on your job application?!

6 Likes

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by jazinogold(m): 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
they will also lie to you while you should have been recruited but was dropped! grin grin grin grin

39 Likes

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by ednut1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
they wont shortlist u na nd if they do nd u perform well u may b lucky

9 Likes

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by emekamn(m): 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
jazinogold:
they will also lie to you while you should have been recruited but was dropped! grin grin grin grin
grin
Lie Cancels Lie...Lobatan

22 Likes

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
Youths of today lack discipline and integrity! cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Rukkydelta(f): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
Sis go ahead joor!

3 Likes

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Ginaz(f): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
OK now that you've lied can you shut up and sit down? dont you see politicians? after lying, they sit and spread their pot belly stomach.

10 Likes

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Spicylate(f): 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
It does not matter so far you are/will be able to convince them that you are the right candidate. I'm sure they will even marvel at your confidence. All the best.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by OLAplusONE(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
Dnt be afraid, on d day of documentation just give them two replies: its either u tell dem its a computer error or u tell dem u intended to make a 2:1 bt tinz went d oda way round... Mind U,one lie leads to another!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Mizzzbeee(f): 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
Spicylate:
It does not matter so far you are/will be able to convince them that you are the right candidate. I'm sure they will even marvel at your confidence. All the best.
No company would marvel at dishonesty sad..... My Dear if she would have submitted her CV without altering her grade she can convince them she is the right person for the job only den they will marvel at her confidence..... Young youths today see dishonesty and lack of integrity as a norm now to the point if someone says otherwise the person is an alien and we blame the government.... If little discomforts like dis can make us compromise.... wen we finally get the job of cuz we wud falsify documents and embezzle for less angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Exponental(m): 2:28am On Aug 28, 2015
I don't get the lie. Is it because you applied for a 2.1 job knowing u have 2.2. if u applied with 2.2 for a 2.1 job...go ahead. if u lied, as in, u answered a question or tendered a false information..... go back.

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by jashar(f): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by onyegwu(m): 8:16am On Aug 28, 2015
No body shld support this Op please! That is an evidence of dishonesty. It is high time we rebuke our selves and save this Nation from the lies and corrupt tendencies that has kept it where it is today. Time has come when we shld start embrace integrity and honestly as a life style it pays at the long run. Who says u can not get a very good job with ur 2.2 ? Stop allowing the temporary huddles of life to define who u are please! People are get lucrative jobs with less than ur grade sef and u are here selling out jst because of despiration. If we as a youth want to benefit from this Nation and also want our children too den we shld start now to do what is right no matter the situation so dat we could save it from the lies and corrupt practices our forefathers built it on.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by butanep(m): 8:24am On Aug 28, 2015
My humble opinion is for you to move ahead. Life is all about taking risk. I understand what desperation can cause.

Just take it as, if I succeed, I move on but if it bounce back, I will gladly accept the consequences. It's a game of chance. You might just be lucky.

5 Likes

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2015
U
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2015
The truth is, The fact you're feeling this way means you really need this job and have a "good" heart. I know you lied but I may not know what you're going through and I can't feed you SO I can't judge you.

I would suggest you don't throw in the towel just yet! Why? That may just be a "limit" placed to the checkmate/curtail the mammoth crowd that may want to apply for the job. It may not really be a big deal to them.

Sometimes, they may even applaud you for your persistence.

Yes, you lied. Ask for mercy and if God really really wants you to get the job, His mercy will culminate into CONGRATULATIONS! GO AND SIN NO MORE!

# I speak as a man tho#

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by korel9: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2015
Don't worry, even Buhari Dullarpo lied to Nigerians about his certificate. undecided

Go home and sin no more. grin

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by money121(m): 9:54am On Aug 28, 2015
liar
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by lekjons(m): 9:55am On Aug 28, 2015
don't go sis, it may lead to embarrasment, cos its most likely u won't get it(cos there'll be many 2.1 graduates that are qualified an also apply, even a 1.1 graduate'll be there),

on second thought u can go and explain how desperate u're in need of the job, cos u belived u're qualified for it...
who knows, they might consider u(out of pity)

Goodluck Sis!

1 Like

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by efilefun(m): 9:55am On Aug 28, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by thoollz: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2015
It's good u tried it. You can't say maybe U'll b luckily picked. I recently read on this forum about gatecrashing an interview and some people testified it worked for them, so give it a trial. you have nothing to lose . All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by wildchild1: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2015
That one na bad thing oo

In other news ,football jerseys available for sale
www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-jerseys-available-affordable/3
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by DeRoyalFranco(m): 9:57am On Aug 28, 2015
You are a bad Element.. Definately u lied about your SSCE too... Boko Haram!
Re: I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job by missKiffy(f): 9:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Don't go ahead, the lie will be detected

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian AirForce Recruitment 2016 / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.