Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

The Role Of Human Capital Development In Nigeria 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Role Of Human Capital Development In Nigeria 2 (972 Views)

The Nexus Between Leadership And Human Capital Development / Edo: Human Capital Development By Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu (POI) / Bomb Blast: Pieces Of Human Flesh Litter Abuja Suburb - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Role Of Human Capital Development In Nigeria 2 by kingdejy: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Good day, how are you doing today? Hope you are fine? Yesterday I was discussing about capacity and character. As a nation we have to develop the two. We have to develop our human capital both in capacity and character, by then we can produce a great leader because our leaders are from within us. A leader portrait the character of its nation. Let me tell you this, no nation can grow more than the capacity of its leader, Nigeria is where it is today because of the leaders she has produced in the past and we can only change by changing our character. Before we change our leader we have to change our self. Nigeria need to for focus on its people and not its resources.
Bill Clinton the former president of America said some profound statement when he visited Nigeria Joint National Assembly in 2001, he said, in the 21st century, the wealth of any nation will not be calibrated by what lies under the feet of its people but by what lies in between the ears of its people. These are the people that understood the important of human capital and he was talking to us in parable but our leaders jettisoned his ideas.
Therefore, in the 21st century the wealth of a nation will not be determined by the number of natural resources or crude oil it has but by the development of what is in between the ears of his people, which is their brains, their human capital. There is an urgent need and holocaust drive for human capital development in Nigeria. The citizen must be well educated, trained and retrained because that is main tool for human capital development, so that we can achieve our purpose and vision as a nation. And this brought about our mission statement in kings Training System which says, to develop human capital which is the most valuable asset of a nation, through personal, organizational, and institutional effectiveness development for proper utilization and maximization of available resources.
Nigeria is endowed with a lot of resources and if we can focus on developing the human, all the resources will be well taking care of and they will be producing for growth and development. The success, the growth and development of this nation is a collective responsibility, you must contribute your quota, I must contribute mine. Nigeria must grow, Nigeria must be successful and Nigeria must be great. God Bless Nigeria, God bless you all.
KING
King Training System
Re: The Role Of Human Capital Development In Nigeria 2 by kingdejy: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
THE ROLE OF HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT IN NATION BUILDING

What is the role of human capital in nation building? Its role can never be over emphasized; the result is evident in the majority of countries that put human capital in their fore front. The likes of Singapore, UAE, China, India, Japan and other countries of the world. China and japan does not have the major raw materials for the production of automobiles but they are the first and second producer and exporter of automobiles in the world. I was fortunate to work with an export company sometimes ago and I was exposed to how our natural resources were carted away day by day.
They don’t have the natural resources but they have the mental resources which is the human capital. The former prime minister of Japan once said and I paraphrased, that if any nation want to bomb Japan again, they should give them notice to move their people, he said even it is a desert they will rebuild their economy in 7 years. These are the people that have invested in their human capital; they know that the greatest treasure of a nation is not in his natural resources or in the sky scrapers but in its human capital. Nigeria needs to tow this path also, we need to start training our citizens, send them to other country to be trained in particular skills and bring them back to establish them. With this we can build our nation, with this we will be able to manage our vast resources.
Any nation that wants to grow must build its capacity in three ways; it must build its human, organizational and institutional capacities. The most important of all the three is human because once human is taking care of, it will surely build others. Nigerians are involved in high level of corruption, bribery, impunity and all sorts of despicable acts because they are not trained. There is high level of unemployment because the young professionals are not well trained. For our organization and institution to function properly the people must be trained, the building and the material do not make the nation, the people do.
We might not be able to change our leaders or our fathers but as the youth of this great nation, we own the future of this nation, we are going to change our lives and the young ones behind. We are going to involve in education, training and retraining of our people, so that we can plan and build our future and our nation together.
God bless Nigeria. See you at the top.
KING

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Ethnic And Military Politics In Nigeria / Army Chief Escapes Assassination Attemp / How An Ex Nigeria President Tried To Frame Me Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.