Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1040512 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2015
abbyyzino:

Are you in Seneca college??
You are welcome Abbyy....plus l'm not there yet but l'm leaving soon for fall semester.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
jessicajessa:
You are welcome Abbyy....plus l'm not there yet but l'm leaving soon for fall semester.
WOW!!! Congrats dear.
so you were face with the deposit before due date thing as well. Please tell me how you went about it plus the amount in your SOA. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by babate3e(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
tobbyosmond:

Hello All, I am new on this platform, I want to ask a question. Will embassy ask someone to make part payment bfor dey issue one's visa?
it's not compulsory, but to a fault it boosts your chances in showing you are capable financially, except if your school says its mandatory.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2015
abbyyzino:

WOW!!! Congrats dear.
so you were face with the deposit before due date thing as well. Please tell me how you went about it plus the amount in your SOA. Thanks
Thanks so much, the amount in my sponsor's SOA was 8.6m....l printed a year and half bank statement(just a strategy), then l stated how much he earns annually(l refered them to somewhere they could confirm it). Abt the deposit before due date....l had no idea then lol, l wanted to pay for the entire year, they(Seneca) took for just one semester....and when l applied for TRV it was way beyond the due date which was june 15th as at den. Mine was a li complicated 'cos cic made a mistake so l reapplied july 14th and got it august 24th. Hope you understand?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
a letter was writing to declare exact amt provided, signed by M.D and d financial secretary.

I used a co sponsor too, but with just 1m bal

Submittd mine with 600k

But d issue now is with d main sponsor acct wch is d company, wat v said earlier shd do but oda suggestions r welcomed.
Did you submit company's cac doc? Is the MD/sec your sponsor? Or is it the company you're working at d moment?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ahyotomiwa: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
Sholly2011 aw far..u don reapply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ahyotomiwa: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
All was submitted..CAC docs.,properties., tax etc..yea company am currently workin with.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
emperoracro:

Is it a study visa or work visa?

Study visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2015
abbyyzino:

The due date is 09/10/2015, and I'm submitting my application this week. I'm planning to mail the admission office to extend the due date. what do you think bro

Since you are applying before the due date you should be okay. Cic may even process ur trv before then. But to be on saver side, you may need to apply to another institution as a back up. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
jessicajessa:
Thanks so much, the amount in my sponsor's SOA was 8.6m....l printed a year and half bank statement(just a strategy), then l stated how much he earns annually(l refered them to somewhere they could confirm it). Abt the deposit before due date....l had no idea then lol, l wanted to pay for the entire year, they(Seneca) took for just one semester....and when l applied for TRV it was way beyond the due date which was june 15th as at den. Mine was a li complicated 'cos cic made a mistake so l reapplied july 14th and got it august 24th. Hope you understand?
Wow...very well. Thanks for this, I'll package my docs and give it a try. God be with me.
Btw you were given 3 years visa with work permit I guess.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
metrecube:

Since you are applying before the due date you should be okay. Cic may even process ur trv before then. But to be on saver side, you may need to apply to another institution as a back up. Cheers.
Yes....thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
Sholly2011 aw far..u don reapply?
You can easily tackle the reason for your denial. What you suggested should do.

BTW, I got my trv na.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jessicajessa(f): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2015
abbyyzino:

Wow...very well. Thanks for this, I'll package my docs and give it a try. God be with me.
Btw you were given 3 years visa with work permit I guess.
l wasn't given 3years as my program is a year but l plan to extend when the tym comes(lyk two/three months before it expires). l'd do an mba for a year or so after. Studying for 2yrs at least or more in canada can give you the chance to earn 3yrs postgrad work permit and within that time you can work out your permanent residence, if you are interested lol. Plus l wish you goodluck in your application and don't worry God 'd alwys be with you, as long as you do ur part, you call on him and also believe in him. Plus you can send me a pm if you lyk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by abbyyzino(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2015
jessicajessa:
l wasn't given 3years as my program is a year but l plan to extend when the tym comes(lyk two/three months before it expires). l'd do an mba for a year or so after. Studying for 2yrs at least or more in canada can give you the chance to earn 3yrs postgrad work permit and within that time you can work out your permanent residence, if you are interested lol. Plus l wish you goodluck in your application and don't worry God 'd alwys be with you, as long as you do ur part, you call on him and also believe in him. Plus you can send me a pm if you lyk.
Thanks a lot...the email connected to this account was hacked. pls send a message to this addyy richardbanks949@gmail.com. so I could communicate with you.

Thanks for the advice, you've been so helpful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 11:26pm On Sep 01, 2015
JuneFirst:
Hi guys,

After ingesting and digesting all relevant information from part 3 - 7 of this thread, I gave my little cousin's application a shot. Details below:

[b][/b]TIMELINE
Route - Online
Application submitted - 4th June
Biometrics - 5th June

Medical call up - 19th August
Medical done - 20th August
Passport Request - 25th August
Medical update (passed) - 26th August
Passport submitted - 27th August
Approval mail - 29th August
Application update (closed) - 29th August
Passport pickup - 01 September

[b][/b]PROGRAM
Diploma in Business Administration
Selkirk College
Fall 2014, deferred to Winter semester because of delay from CIC

[b][/b]DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All CIC Documents
Passport biodata page (virgin pp)
1 page SOP
Conditional Letter of acceptance
Telex copy of tuition fee payment (CAD 10,330)
Police character certificate
CV (finished SSCE 2012, volunteering since 2013)
WAEC Certificate
WAEC Statement of result

[b][/b]SPONSOR'S DOCUMENTS (Father)
Parents' international pp
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of support
Former work ID card (NPA)
Statement of account 1 (1.5 million naira)
Statement of account 2 (4 million naira)
Property documents (1 Survey sheet, 2 land receipts)
Monthly rent receipts

Thumbs up to all contributors for the information contained on this thread. I sincerely doubt if one can get explicit information elsewhere.

There's just no way that one's application wouldn't be successful after reading from page to page and drawing from experiences on this thread.

God bless you beautiful people!
Muah!

Congratulations. Father being sponsor always attract VO. Cheers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2015
ahyotomiwa:
Well...10m

Well I wud say d bal is low anyway..being company sponsoring.. but since the inflow was more than 89m in 6 months..felt it shd do...

I intend to pay tuition this time around, get a fixed deposit to show some funds to mature towards resumption..

I think you should make the sponsorship personal instead corporate. You can let d owner of d company give you sponsorship letter and company soa with cac. I was refused in my previous application based on insufficient fund coz I used company as my sponsor. All the best.
And hope the company's bal is well more by dat time...dat I tink shd do it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by LOVINA1245: 12:16am On Sep 02, 2015
Avalon316:

550 per week or month?
month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 12:29am On Sep 02, 2015
gabrola:
what? After med call?? Wats wrong with ds cic people sef... sori bros, how much was in d soa u presented?
Blood of god, after medicals and waiting days ahh! Fear dey my mind like mahd now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by loriaidah(f): 12:32am On Sep 02, 2015
IyaEjima:

Guess she meant U1- the first year u spend taking science courses before gaining entry to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Prog @ UoM.

Thanks IyaEjima,But will she be able to get study visa with that or she should apply to another school? Pls advice so that she knows what to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 02, 2015
Just randomly checked myCIC and found my application has been closed and approved.

All Glory to the Ancient of Days.

Awaiting the dispatch and POE letter.

Thanks y'all.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tnuola(f): 2:14am On Sep 02, 2015
darefestus:
Just randomly checked myCIC and found my application has been closed and approved.

Thanks y'all.

Finally... Congrats.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by NaD720: 2:26am On Sep 02, 2015
darefestus:

Thanks y'all.

Congrats, Darefestus, Actually asked about it today. I'm so happy for you! How come you never got any notification in your email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 2:27am On Sep 02, 2015
tnuola:

Finally... Congrats.
WOW glory be to almighty
please list your timeline and doc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bolajibreeze: 2:29am On Sep 02, 2015
Get the right documents – Study in Canada

Study and work permit holders from visa-exempt countries who received their permit on or before July 31, 2015 will have to get an eTA as of March 15, 2016 to return to Canada. Applicants who get their study or work permit on or after August 1, 2015 will automatically be issued an eTA along with their permit.

You need the following documents to apply for a study permit:

Proof of acceptance
Proof of identity
Proof of financial support
Letter of explanation

In addition to these documents, you may have to provide other information when you apply for a study permit. Check the visa office instructions for your country or region for local requirements.

If you are not a citizen of the country where you submit your application, you may have to provide proof of your present immigration status in the country where you apply.

If the government that issued your passport or travel document requires a re-entry permit, you must get one before you apply for a Canadian visa. Other documents may also be required.
1. Proof of acceptance

If you plan to attend any school (primary or secondary), college, university or other educational institution in Canada, the school must complete and send you a letter of acceptance. You must include the original letter with your study permit application. See a sample standard letter of acceptance (PDF, 73.68 KB).
2. Proof of identity

You must provide:

A valid passport or travel document for you and each accompanying family member. The passport or travel document must allow you to return to the country that issued it. Citizens of the United States do not need a passport. However, you must carry proper identification that proves your citizenship or permanent residence.
Two recent passport-size photos of you and each accompanying family member. The name and date of birth of the person should be written on the back of each photo.

3. Proof of financial support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada;
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution;
your bank statements for the past four months;
a bank draft in convertible currency;
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees;
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money; and
proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

The following table shows the minimum amounts that you will need.
Number of persons All provinces except Quebec Quebec
Single student Tuition plus $10,000 for a 12-month period (or $833 per month) Tuition plus $11,000 for a 12-month period (or $917 per month)
+ one family member $4,000 for a 12-month period (or $333 per month)

$5,100 more for a person 18 years of age or older for a 12-month period (or $425 per month)

$3,800 more for a person under 18 years of age for a 12-month period (or $317 per month)
+ each additional family member $3,000 for a 12-month period per dependent child of any age (or $255 per month)

$5,125 more for a person 18 years of age or older for a 12-month period (or $427 per month)

$1,903 more for a person under 18 years of age for a 12-month period (or $159 per month)

If there are foreign-exchange control measures in your country, you must provide proof that the exchange control authorities will allow you to export funds for all of your expenses.
4. Letter of explanation

In some cases, you may wish to apply for a study permit even if you do not need one right away. There are benefits to having a study permit, even if you do not require one. If you have a valid study permit, you can:

work part time on campus at the college or university at which you are registered as a full-time student; and
apply to renew your study permit from within Canada, if you decide to continue studying in Canada.

If you decide that you want to continue your studies in another program after you complete your short-term course or program, you must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if you do not already have one.

If you are applying for a study permit even though you do not need one, you should include a letter that explains why you are applying. The letter will inform the visa officer that you understand your options. For example, the letter might say:

“Dear Visa Officer,
I would like a study permit for my eight-week English course because I would like to apply to a Canadian-university program after I finish the English course.”

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rolandy22: 6:15am On Sep 02, 2015
Hello house, I receive a mail from VO yesterday that I should provide my full admission letter within 10working days because I applied with a conditional admission letter. I'm so confused now, if I have to send the conditional requirement it will take time before it gets there and before I will get the full admission letter. Please help a brother, what can I do now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by JuneFirst: 6:42am On Sep 02, 2015
rolandy22:
Hello house, I receive a mail from VO yesterday that I should provide my full admission letter within 10working days because I applied with a conditional admission letter. I'm so confused now, if I have to send the conditional requirement it will take time before it gets there and before I will get the full admission letter. Please help a brother, what can I do now.

What are the conditional requirements you need to meet in order to get your unconditional LOA?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by rolandy22: 6:50am On Sep 02, 2015
JuneFirst:

What are the conditional requirements you need to meet in order to get your unconditional LOA?

It's just my confirmation of degree
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 6:56am On Sep 02, 2015
darefestus:

Thanks y'all.
CONGRATS!!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by STENON(f): 6:57am On Sep 02, 2015
darefestus:

Thanks y'all.
Wow! I'm very happy for you. I wish you the best in your studies.

Please I'l send pm to your mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:14am On Sep 02, 2015
darefestus:

Thanks y'all.
Congrats bro. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obiscolly(m): 7:15am On Sep 02, 2015
rolandy22:
@sholay2011, did you apply with a conditional acceptance letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CoCoLav(f): 7:19am On Sep 02, 2015
darefestus:

Thanks y'all.

Finally!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.