Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1037932 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
dannywest01:
no they are here in nigeria

Then you don't need to include their passports. It will not help your application in anyway.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by koolkenzo(m): 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hello House, please help a brother. I want to start an application for a PDG program in Canada but I don't know where to get the infos I need. I understand I will learn a lot from this thread but do I have to start from Part 1? Please assist me with the thread Part i could get all the infos I need.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
Giov:
Guys, has any one seen this? Please peruse and confirm its authenticity.http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/02/12/cbn-bans-use-of-dollars-for-overseas-fees-medical-trips/
. It has nothing to do with us. It'll only catch up with those who engage in fruadulent transactions. Besides that, they just want to monitor the FX...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
koolkenzo:
Hello House, please help a brother. I want to start an application for a PDG program in Canada but I don't know where to get the infos I need. I understand I will learn a lot from this thread but do I have to start from Part 1? Please assist me with the thread Part i could get all the infos I need.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by VICTORDEBELS: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
koolkenzo:
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. Start somewhere 1st because nobody'll assist you better than you. Nonetheless, part 7,8 and 9 may do you good. Good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
I just Noticed that. VIU Doesnt Reguire GRE Or GMAT for MBA.
See the below link
https://www2.viu.ca/international/apply.asp
Please any one in VIU ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
I just Noticed that. VIU Doesnt Reguire GRE Or GMAT for MBA.
See the below link
https://www2.viu.ca/international/apply.asp
Please any one in VIU ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dudubery:

Its stated explicitly on my programme's page online.
Ok, thanks I asked, they said it is not compulsory but it is a strong point.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=VICTORDEBELS post=42872069][/quote]
Start from centennial college they have good PGD programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by expertman(m): 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
koolkenzo:

Start from centennial college they have good PGD
programs.
(
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dannywest01: 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
justwise:

Then you don't need to include their passports. It will not help your application in anyway.
ok just wise thanks a lot. Was just trying to prove family ties. Guess birth certificate will be enough then.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by AdexStudio(m): 10:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
To notorize a document is different from coloured or black and white photocopy/scanning. When u notorize ur document , you make it authentic. Just close eyes and notorize ur document. Just an advise though
temzybabe:
. . Thanks.. What if I scan each document and print wit coloured printer. I still need to notarize?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
After reading from part 1, seeing baba justwise around make me #WakaPassGently. Well done Sir. Still waiting admission decision. Submitted all documents early January but no decision yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 11:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hello Good people of Nairaland

I was denied based on Purpose of Visit ONLY. I suspect not including statement of purpose must have contributed to this. I'm 40. I have HND Accounting. I want to pursue a BSc degree in Business Administration. I also applied for TRV for my wife and 3 children so they could visit me in Canada whenever they are on vacation. I want to know whether I could use the medical I did while reapplying. Will I ask IOM Ikeja to send it to CIC or get a copy and include it in my documents when reapplying? I did paper application initially and still want to do paper application again. I didn't do upfront medical initially. I got a medical request via mail. I have written a detailed letter of purpose to be included in my application this time. Thanks for taking time to address my challenges. God bless you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Bro, I'm so sorry to hear about your financial situation.
I would strongly recommend that you get a thesis-based MSc admission before you leave Nigeria, unless you know with high probability that there is a professor in Canada that will give you funding. Alternatively, consider finding another sponsor that you would plan to ultimately pay back.

ceemac:
thanks and God bless.. Just that due to some forecast, considering the present financial state of my sponsor as regards his account balance and a possible usage of those funds later in the year, I already got admission to a MEng program in Western Ontario for May which their tuition is pretty expensive and expecting Admissions decisions from U of Man and UniWindsor with considerable tuition, If By Gods grace I apply for Visa for May and it is granted and decide to defer my admission for the western University to avail me make choice in case of the others. What are the possible implications of doing such as regard the Visa issued?

I sincerely need your input

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by aliACCA: 11:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
adeyemidare:
After reading from part 1, seeing baba justwise around make me #WakaPassGently. Well done Sir. Still waiting admission decision. Submitted all documents early January but no decision yet.

same here I'm awaiting admission decision too.... I applied in late November.... !!

which school did u apply to..??

the gurus must not leave this thread permanently but in case some does the newbies must takeover from dem to keep the thread alive. Let's achieve this goal together.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
Kenyata:
Hello Good people of Nairaland

I was denied based on Purpose of Visit ONLY. I suspect not including statement of purpose must have contributed to this. I'm 40. I have HND Accounting. I want to pursue[b] a degree in Business Administration[/b]. I also applied for TRV for my wife and 3 children so they could visit me in Canada whenever they are on vacation. I want to know whether I could use the medical I did while reapplying. Will I ask IOM Ikeja to send it to CIC or get a copy and include it in my documents when reapplying? I did paper application initially and still want to do paper application again. I didn't do upfront medical initially. I got a medical request via mail. I have written a detailed letter of purpose to be included in my application this time. Thanks for taking time to address my challenges. God bless you all.

Yet to apply for Visa but is it BSc or MSc?. Think you need to state the type of degree you applied for. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 11:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
thesoj:
Bro, I'm so sorry to hear about your financial situation.
I would strongly recommend that you get a thesis-based MSc admission before you leave Nigeria, unless you know with high probability that there is a professor in Canada that will give you funding. Alternatively, consider finding another sponsor that you would plan to ultimately pay back.

theSoj, please, can thesis funding be reasonable enough for man upkeep over there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
aliACCA:

same here I'm awaiting admission decision too.... I applied in late November.... !!

which school did u apply to..??

the gurus must not leave this thread permanently but in case some does the newbies must takeover from dem to keep the thread alive. Let's achieve this goal together.

Late November is no beans. Maybe they consider domestic before international. It is well.
UofT, UofM and Ryerson. Na there application saved money finish for.
We need their guidance. Your name reminds me of newacca. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
justwise:

Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, many have asked that question in the past and I keep wondering why people need such information outside their own company.

..one more thing though..don't spend much of your time gathering some self-serving documents that will not help your application one bit..e.g your sponsor's land or car documents, they will not serve as your tie to Nigeria or use as proof of income.

Many stuff you see people listing here are all junk.
hayqinsbFX:
youre wrong, you sponsors land and property documents has a role in proving that he is capable of sponsoring you.....
click on the help button beside the proof of financial support to understand better.....and if he is your father it is a kind of tie too....

While I agree that many documents that Naija applicants use are junk, @justwise I have to disagree with you on the bolded. @HayqinsbFX is correct. The sponsor's capital assets show the VO that he/she is robust outside of his/her liquid funds. If the sponsor is a parent, then those capital assets in some way also show that the applicant "may" have something to come back home to if he/she isn't able to stay legally in Canada anymore.

Also, I think study leave letters in general are not a terrible idea, but most Naija applicants have made them terrible because many such docs are either faked or don't make sense (e.g. study leave for a job unrelated to the course of study, four-year study leaves, study-leave for a very low-paying job, etc) when included in the application. Study leave letters (and an accompanying letter from the company to the embassy) only make sense when the training the applicant is going for is being sponsored by the company and the applicant indeed will use the skills for a technical area sorely needed by the company.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Blackkie: 11:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hello house,
In view of the recent ban on sourcing foreign exchange officially from Nigerian banks, does it by any means make Canada based sponsors a more ''suitable'' options?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 11:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
Depends on the school, but for most science/engineering courses with funding, yes.
Typically, thesis funding pays for all tuition and then you get a stipend every month. But this is not the scenario in all cases. In some cases, it would subsidize tuition or pay for only 100% tuition.
adeyemidare:
theSoj, please, can thesis funding be reasonable enough for man upkeep over there?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Kenyata(m): 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
adeyemidare:

Yet to apply for Visa but is it BSc or MSc?. Think you need to state the type of degree you applied for. Shalom!

BSc Degree
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by aliACCA: 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
adeyemidare:

Late November is no beans. Maybe they consider domestic before international. It is well.
UofT, UofM and Ryerson. Na there application saved money finish for.
We need their guidance. Your name reminds me of newacca. Shalom!

hahahahaha..!! sure no be beans... I applied to UoM n Carleton too.... !!
was told admission review begins mid-february by the school so more waiting oooo.

let's pray we clear the first hurdle by securing one by late march...!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Dudubery: 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
kennynelcon:

Ok, thanks I asked, they said it is not compulsory but it is a strong point.

For those with high scores i suppose, mine wasnt that great, so i submitted to only the school that asked for the test..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 12:05am On Feb 13, 2016
aliACCA:

hahahahaha..!! sure no be beans... I applied to UoM n Carleton too.... !!
was told admission review begins mid-february by the school so more waiting oooo.

let's pray we clear the first hurdle by securing one by late march...!!

My prayer had always been let the will of God be done after I don dey sweat with my efforts in the game. By his grace, We will overcome with better funding!

I just imagine Justwise na my in-law and this thread is my gf. Lolz.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by adeyemidare(m): 12:10am On Feb 13, 2016
Kenyata:

BSc Degree

OK. Ask the gurus if going for BSc after Hnd at 40 is good one for canny visa. Based on my reading on this thread, don't think I will like to try that and i think thats where the p is. But ask the gurus sha. #INeverApply4VisaBefore. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by OtunbaJega: 12:19am On Feb 13, 2016
Anyone here staying in Ottawa?... I need a quick favour
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by OtunbaJega: 12:25am On Feb 13, 2016
Anyone here staying in Ottawa?..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 2:27am On Feb 13, 2016
Dudubery:

For those with high scores i suppose, mine wasnt that great, so i submitted to only the school that asked for the test..
better.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by olaniyisal: 3:16am On Feb 13, 2016
Can a company act to sponsor an individuals

thesoj:

While I agree that many documents that Naija applicants use are junk, @justwise I have to disagree with you on the bolded. @HayqinsbFX is correct. The sponsor's capital assets show the VO that he/she is robust outside of his/her liquid funds. If the sponsor is a parent, then those capital assets in some way also show that the applicant "may" have something to come back home to if he/she isn't able to stay legally in Canada anymore.

Also, I think study leave letters in general are not a terrible idea, but most Naija applicants have made them terrible because many such docs are either faked or don't make sense (e.g. study leave for a job unrelated to the course of study, four-year study leaves, study-leave for a very low-paying job, etc) when included in the application. Study leave letters (and an accompanying letter from the company to the embassy) only make sense when the training the applicant is going for is being sponsored by the company and the applicant indeed will use the skills for a technical area sorely needed by the company.

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.