Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039925 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dudubery:

Hahaha, u'r not alone. Altho i took the test for u of t not ubc. It is well

hehehe(laughing in helen paul's tatafo voice). i no fit laugh o. abeg. this wait though. fron tomorrow my M.B. subcsription go expire. i no go renew again until march when ubc gets back to me. na my.way of passing away time be this
BTW what other unis did u apply to
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kennynelcon(m): 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dudubery:

Hahaha, u'r not alone. Altho i took the test for u of t not ubc. It is well
is it compulsory for UBC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bamjay: 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
kennynelcon:

is it compulsory for UBC?

m not so sure but the economics dept said it was compulsory for international applicants. you should check their website or mail the dept you are interested in
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by yungreezy: 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
I hope its not too late to apply to UOttawa? Also did u have to write TOEFL or ielts even as English is our first language? The amount I saw on the site is also about $8000.. Where is this $37000 coming from
WenduIce:
Hello room, so the last time i said anything i wasn't detailed and I realize now that the question was uncalled for as i have gone through the thread and gotten most of the information I need.
My name is Wendu, i have been offered admission to UOttawa for fall 2016 for Masters,communication. Want to start applying for study permit from now. I have a few questions though.
1) Which route is highly recommended- paper route or online. I have already decided to do upfront medicals no matter d route.
2)Since its just the SOA that needs d original to be sent, must all other copies of supporting documents be notarised.
3) I am planning to use my dad's company as sponsor and him as the co-sponsor using his dorm account. Please how can i go about it. Will both need separate letters/affidavits of sponsorship?
4) I'm sure I'm not the only one that got scared with the $37,000 in the offer from Uottawa as opposed to the $6,888 + that was written on their website for fees. Any comments on this.
5) I am currently working as a front desk officer in an oil trading firm. It doesn't pay me much so once salary comes in n it leaves..and sometimes they issue cheques. How would this affect the application. Do I need to to put in my empty SOA And again, it is not related to what I studied-Theatre Arts or what I'm going to study. Does it matter? BTW I'm 22yrs, finished from school 2014 and finished NYSC last year.
6) I asked the school for a letter of acceptance on their official letterhead as I felt the one that was sent to me via email may not suffice. they have agreed to send it and is asking what address to send it to.Please advice on the address or on if it is necessary at all. And if the different routes would have different addresses.

As I have more specific questions id ask but please gurus in d house..help a sister.

@tnuola, @hayqinsbFX @thesoj please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by halidaf: 2:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hi everyone! I need some clarifications as regards these issues. 1. Is it compulsory i pay my school fees before applying for visa. 2.i will be 25 come May, does this in any way affect my application cos am applying for a first degree (undergraduate ).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by WenduIce: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
I think it may be late to apply because their deadline was DEC 01 2015. But then again they may have extensions and still give admissions if they still have space. Me too tire for the $37k. Saw it on my letter of admission after seeing $8k on the website.

Just heard the deadline is March 1..guess they extended it. please check the website to confirm

yungreezy:
I hope its not too late to apply to UOttawa? Also did u have to write TOEFL or ielts even as English is our first language? The amount I saw on the site is also about $8000.. Where is this $37000 coming from
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by doubled123(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
Quick question please!
I am in the process of getting all my documents for trv application.
1. Can certificate of occupancy alone serve as proof of landed properties?? Or do I need to get my sponsor to evaluate the worth

2. My sponsor is my mum and she runs a business. She however has 2 of her siblings as co directors. I have a letter with the business letter head stating my mum is the managing director of the business and owns the highest shares. And the board of directors have agreed to sponsor my education in canada and use the soa of the business for entry...
The business soa has a closing balance of 9M and total transaction of 88M within the last 4 months ...
My moms soa contains 5m ...
Do I need to state the sum in which the business is willing to support with ??

3. I have been working voluntarily in an aquaculture unit very close to the house. I have an offer letter from Fleming college for aquaculture. Do I need to write this as work experience in the CIC form? I could get a letter from the farm stating I work there voluntarily with no pay! Will that fly?
I graduated 2014, finished NYsc June 2015

Please help!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ganiyuadeoye: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
To boost the account all you need is to avoid money lodgment of a lump sum which will definately raise a red flag. Simply do CR/DR and always let the Cr to be higher than Dr......All my preaching is just for u to Try and the acct.
senatonato:

Other assets are house, share documents, pension fund of 3.5m plus. I have a younger brother of 7..i am 28. Am going for PG. Any boosting might look suspicious..but the inflow and outflow for the past 6months is more than 6m.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
halidaf:
Hi everyone! I need some clarifications as regards these issues. 1. Is it compulsory i pay my school fees before applying for visa. 2.i will be 25 come May, does this in any way affect my application cos am applying for a first degree (undergraduate ).

1- it's not compulsory u pay ur fees before applying as so many have gotten their Trvs with payment but that depends on the policy of your school, if you school doesn't require part tuition fee payment then u can go ahead to apply. Paying tuition fee doesn't guarantee trv.
2- Sincerely going for undergraduate at an older age makes it more difficult but it's not impossible as long as u can genuinely prove ur case to the VO, u will have to read a lot through this thread say from part 8 to get more info on this, also do u have bsc b4 or this is actually ur 1st.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Drop your email

malaoluolateju@yahoo.com

Thanks...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
doubled123:
Quick question please!
I am in the process of getting all my documents for trv application.
1. Can certificate of occupancy alone serve as proof of landed properties?? Or do I need to get my sponsor to evaluate the worth

2. My sponsor is my mum and she runs a business. She however has 2 of her siblings as co directors. I have a letter with the business letter head stating my mum is the managing director of the business and owns the highest shares. And the board of directors have agreed to sponsor my education in canada and use the soa of the business for entry...
The business soa has a closing balance of 9M and total transaction of 88M within the last 4 months ...
My moms soa contains 5m ...
Do I need to state the sum in which the business is willing to support with ??

3. I have been working voluntarily in an aquaculture unit very close to the house. I have an offer letter from Fleming college for aquaculture. Do I need to write this as work experience in the CIC form? I could get a letter from the farm stating I work there voluntarily with no pay! Will that fly?
I graduated 2014, finished NYsc June 2015

Please help!!!!!

1- yes you can use that
2- the company should have a document that shows the share value for each individual, u can attach that as proof she owns the highest share, also they must state categorically why the are sponsoring you and the exact amount they will provide for you.
3- Yes u should get a letter from the company, even though it's a voluntary job it shows u have been busy since u finished NYSC .
All the best!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by halidaf: 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
I appreciate your response sir, well I have a b.school already but my grade is not so good.. and requirements for a master's in canada is quite high
phrancisco:

1- it's not compulsory u pay ur fees before applying as so many have gotten their Trvs with payment but that depends on the policy of your school, if you school doesn't require part tuition fee payment then u can go ahead to apply. Paying tuition fee doesn't guarantee trv.
2- Sincerely going for undergraduate at an older age makes it more difficult but it's not impossible as long as u can genuinely prove ur case to the VO, u will have to read a lot through this thread say from part 8 to get more info on this, also do u have bsc b4 or this is actually ur 1st.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
phrancisco:

1- yes you can use that
2- the company should have a document that shows the share value for each individual, u can attach that as proof she owns the highest share, also they must state categorically why the are sponsoring you and the exact amount they will provide for you.
3- Yes u should get a letter from the company, even though it's a voluntary job it shows u have been busy since u finished NYSC .
All the best!!

What about a situation whereby the person is not volunteering in a company but is doing so on his own?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by tejiri294: 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
cjrex501:

My brother did his own 18th of december 2015....i did mine 29th January 2016...i just keep up the praying hand that God has done it and his too faithful to fail
Yes ooooooooo he has done it already....what school you applied to? UG OR PG?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by PhemosticLaLa: 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Drop your email
newrichorder@gmail.com. I won't mind a sample of an SOP too

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Tenaj123: 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hello Wendu, As regards the 37k, it is an estimate for how much you would spend in 2 years. On the Avg Tuition fees at Uottawa are 7k per semester. When you multiply that by 4 (On the avg people spend 4 semesters aka 2 years) then you get 28k, the remainder i suppose should be for feeding and accomodation. 37k is just the avrg amount you would spend in 2 years, it can be more depending on the type of accommodation you get and your feeding as well.
I hope this helps.

WenduIce:
Hello room, so the last time i said anything i wasn't detailed and I realize now that the question was uncalled for as i have gone through the thread and gotten most of the information I need.
My name is Wendu, i have been offered admission to UOttawa for fall 2016 for Masters,communication. Want to start applying for study permit from now. I have a few questions though.
1) Which route is highly recommended- paper route or online. I have already decided to do upfront medicals no matter d route.
2)Since its just the SOA that needs d original to be sent, must all other copies of supporting documents be notarised.
3) I am planning to use my dad's company as sponsor and him as the co-sponsor using his dorm account. Please how can i go about it. Will both need separate letters/affidavits of sponsorship?
4) I'm sure I'm not the only one that got scared with the $37,000 in the offer from Uottawa as opposed to the $6,888 + that was written on their website for fees. Any comments on this.
5) I am currently working as a front desk officer in an oil trading firm. It doesn't pay me much so once salary comes in n it leaves..and sometimes they issue cheques. How would this affect the application. Do I need to to put in my empty SOA And again, it is not related to what I studied-Theatre Arts or what I'm going to study. Does it matter? BTW I'm 22yrs, finished from school 2014 and finished NYSC last year.
6) I asked the school for a letter of acceptance on their official letterhead as I felt the one that was sent to me via email may not suffice. they have agreed to send it and is asking what address to send it to.Please advice on the address or on if it is necessary at all. And if the different routes would have different addresses.

As I have more specific questions id ask but please gurus in d house..help a sister.

@tnuola, @hayqinsbFX @thesoj please help

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
ohammed199:
thanks sir @thesoj... and @Amefrica can u kindly drop me your mail or communication digit so we can talk more ion wanna make any mistake this time around sir

Lol don't call me "sir" oo, I'm a small boy abeg. Send me a PM and we could talk better.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by aliACCA: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
malaoluolateju:
Can anyone pls share a sample of their study leave letter.

Here's an idea: To get a study leave letter sample, you could look through the document list of other people on this thread and PM whoever's list contains a study letter.

In any case, here are my two cents for a study leave letter addressed to the embassy. Note that this is just a suggestion and you will customize it to your situation.

First paragraph:
Company states the purpose of the letter (i.e. study leave for John Doe, who has been working for us for X years as a blah blah). Company describes the business they are into, your role in that business, and the significance of what you do for them.

Second paragraph:
Company describes why they are giving you a study leave (e.g. giving John Doe a study leave because he expressed interest pursuing MSc degree in blah blah which we believe would help our business in ABC area when he comes back.). Company says nice things about your contributions to the company and how exactly they think your study leave would help fill a skills gap that they are currently having. Company explains the terms of the leave (i.e. paid or unpaid? length of the leave? etc... the company should be explicit and precise about the terms of the leave).

Third paragraph:
Company says more nice (but realistic) things about you and what role you would be coming back to when you are back from Canada. i.e. same role? will you be promoted? (fyi, they don't have to discuss this if they don't want to... they just have to explain what general area of work they anticipate using your skills in when you come back...).

Fourth paragraph:
Company wishes you the best and endorses your visa application to the embassy.

PS: This is just a skeleton that you should add more to and customize to your own peculiar situation.

written by thesoj not me..... https://www.nairaland.com/thesoj/posts/8

i thought it wise to copy and paste and since it will suffice in helping u draft urs.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
aliACCA:

Here's an idea: To get a study leave letter sample, you could look through the document list of other people on this thread and PM whoever's list contains a study letter.

In any case, here are my two cents for a study leave letter addressed to the embassy. Note that this is just a suggestion and you will customize it to your situation.

First paragraph:
Company states the purpose of the letter (i.e. study leave for John Doe, who has been working for us for X years as a blah blah). Company describes the business they are into, your role in that business, and the significance of what you do for them.

Second paragraph:
Company describes why they are giving you a study leave (e.g. giving John Doe a study leave because he expressed interest pursuing MSc degree in blah blah which we believe would help our business in ABC area when he comes back.). Company says nice things about your contributions to the company and how exactly they think your study leave would help fill a skills gap that they are currently having. Company explains the terms of the leave (i.e. paid or unpaid? length of the leave? etc... the company should be explicit and precise about the terms of the leave).

Third paragraph:
Company says more nice (but realistic) things about you and what role you would be coming back to when you are back from Canada. i.e. same role? will you be promoted? (fyi, they don't have to discuss this if they don't want to... they just have to explain what general area of work they anticipate using your skills in when you come back...).

Fourth paragraph:

PS: This is just a skeleton that you should add more to and customize to your own peculiar situation.

i thought it wise to copy and paste and since it will suffice in helping u draft urs.

Well....when you apply for a study leave it should be addressed to your company and not the embassy. Your company approves your study leave and issues you an approval for study leave endorsed by the managing director or whoever is in charge.

I work in a government agency and I'm currently on a study leave. I submitted my letter of approval for study leave in my application and it was not addressed to the embassy. Introductory letter from your company is what you address to the embassy. Study leave letter is to the MD/DG of your company.
Just my opinion....

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by hayqinsbFX: 7:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
As canada has decided to accept 25000 more syrian refugees after february, we shouldnt expect the current study permit processing time frame to reduce anytime soon....
Except more personnel are employed to handle the increasing pressure...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
thesoj:
It is possible to transfer from course-based to thesis-based, but it depends on the university. You might wanna email your prospective school's program coordinator to ask.

Transferring to one university to another is possible, but think about the costs (in time and money). Keep in mind that the new school may require you to start all over again. My advice is that you should try to get into the ideal program for you even before you leave Naija.

thanks and God bless.. Just that due to some forecast, considering the present financial state of my sponsor as regards his account balance and a possible usage of those funds later in the year, I already got admission to a MEng program in Western Ontario for May which their tuition is pretty expensive and expecting Admissions decisions from U of Man and UniWindsor with considerable tuition, If By Gods grace I apply for Visa for May and it is granted and decide to defer my admission for the western University to avail me make choice in case of the others. What are the possible implications of doing such as regard the Visa issued?

I sincerely need your input
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
aliACCA:

First paragraph:

Second paragraph:

Third paragraph:

Fourth paragraph:

Thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mizbaby:

Well....when you apply for a study leave it should be addressed to your company and not the embassy. Your company approves your study leave and issues you an approval for study leave endorsed by the managing director or whoever is in charge.

I work in a government agency and I'm currently on a study leave. I submitted my letter of approval for study leave in my application and it was not addressed to the embassy. Introductory letter from your company is what you address to the embassy. Study leave letter is to the MD/DG of your company.
Just my opinion....

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by phrancisco: 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
halidaf:
I appreciate your response sir, well I have a b.school already but my grade is not so good.. and requirements for a master's in canada is quite high

Would have been better if u applied using a pgc (Post graduate certificate)program and then u can change ur program to BSc when u get there but since ur bent on going directly I will suggest u carefully read through the thread, a lot of information and useful tips from the thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
aliACCA:

[s]In any case, here are my two cents for a study leave letter addressed to the embassy. Note that this is just a suggestion and you will customize it to your situation.

First paragraph:

Second paragraph:

Third paragraph:
Company says more nice (but realistic) things about you and what role you would be coming back to when you are back from Canada. i.e. same role? will you be promoted? (fyi, they don't have to discuss this if they don't want to... they just have to explain what general area of work they anticipate using your skills in when you come back...).[/s]
Fourth paragraph:

This is wrong.

Mizbaby:

Just my opinion....

You are absolutely right.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by malaoluolateju: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
justwise:

This is wrong.

You are absolutely right.

Thank you justwise. Now that I am sure it should not be addressed to the embassy, would like ideas on its content.
Noticed U crossed out some paragrahs, could u share wot and wot the study leave letter shld entail then. @mizbaby ur input on wit it should entail is also needed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Jackson755: 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
HELLO Lads

This post has been highly informative.
I have gotten admission to Fanshawe college and have paid one semester fees. I plan to submit my Visa App tomorrow 12/2 for May Admission.
I have done my medical upfront.
Now i work with my dad and mom. we run a family business. How do i compose a sponsorship letter? Also this money in account is scaring me.
we run a manufacturing company where we have to always buy raw materials produce sell pay salaries and tons of bills hence bulk funds are not in our accounts for bank statement.
my personal account in/out 6months 6.5m av bal 1.7m
my dads account in/out 6months 12m av bal 1.2m
our company accounts from 3 banks in/out 6months 20m plus av balance in the 3 account combined like 800k.

Like i said we use our money to buy raw materials and pay bills so one magica 6m cant be resting anywhere doing nothing. now i have paid 8k FOR MY TUITION.

We have A private factory and i am a director and signatory to most accounts as i work with my dad. We also have landed properties nad unused lands.

My ? is how do i convince the CIC that my dad can sponsor me for a year which obviously he can when i dont have ridiculous amounts of money anywhere to present for bank statement. should i state these reasons in my statement of purpose saying we have a factory and use our capital but my dad can still sponsor me? I know am late for my visa app but i just need guidance.

Thanks lads.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 9:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
malaoluolateju:

Thank you justwise. Now that I am sure it should not be addressed to the embassy, would like ideas on its content.
Noticed U crossed out some paragrahs, could u share wot and wot the study leave letter shld entail then. @mizbaby ur input on wit it should entail is also needed

I have to ask you this....do you really work in an organization and is this study leave letter genuine?

If you do, your company managers would inform you of the procedures to follow, how to address your application letter and who to submit it to. You would not be at a loss.

That been said, you can visit www.leaveletters.com or just google it up.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mizbaby:

I have to ask you this....do you really work in an organization and is this study leave letter genuine?

If you do, your company managers would inform you of the procedures to follow, how to address your application letter and who to submit it to. You would not be at a loss.

That being said, you can visit www.leaveletters.com or just google it up.

I was about to ask this same question now, I see people requesting for study leave sample here which I think it's completely wrong.

If you work with a company and needed such letter then your HR or your head of department will tell you exactly what to do.

In some companies you will be given a form to complete then submit back to HR for approval.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
malaoluolateju:

I crossed those sections because study leave is not written to the embassy and you don't need long and boring paragraph of story of your life.

Study leave should not be longer than a page, all you need is to state why you are taking study leave, the benefits to you, your current possible and to your company. Keep it simple and direct to the point
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
justwise:

I was about to ask this same question now, I see people requesting for study leave sample here which I think it's completely wrong.

If you work with a company and needed such letter then your HR or your head of department will tell you exactly what to do.

In some companies you will be given a form to complete then submit back to HR for approval.

It is really wrong when Nigerians submit fraudulent documents. It causes these embassies to unnecessarily scrutinize all submitted documents in applications whether genuine or not, leading to increase in processing times and agony and heartache for applicants.

You don't need a study leave letter to secure a trv. Just present your case well the best way you can and leave the rest to God.

Na all of us go suffer am...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mizbaby:

It is really wrong when Nigerians submit fraudulent documents. It causes these embassies to unnecessarily scrutinize all submitted documents in applications whether genuine or not, leading to increase in processing times and agony and heartache for applicants.

You don't need a study leave letter to secure a trv. Just present your case well the best way you can and leave the rest to God.

Na all of us go suffer am...

Unfortunately that has become normal now, go through some posts here and see the amount of junk people submit and half are forged documents. The processing time takes longer because some Nigerians go to extra length trying to cheat the system, so many documents have to be verified.

You see people submitting forged bank statement and come here to give God the credit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.